• 53 results
#1 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Link(Legend of Zelda) vs Cloud(Final Fantasy)

Post Edited:2007-07-18 15:02:47

#2 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

Cloud , If we are talking about cloud at the end of FF7 .

#3 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

The most recent versions of both I guess.

#4 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn then Cloud wins hands down, Uses knights of the round and Boom done dusted , time for tea

#5 Posted by GambitO (980 posts) - - Show Bio

LINK

he is a classic it is so old

that he has bigger experience in battle

LINK WIN

#6 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Last Arrow says:

"Damn then Cloud wins hands down, Uses knights of the round and Boom done dusted , time for tea"
Couldn't Link just put his armor on that prevents all harm to him until the summon is over?
#7 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

GambitO says:

"LINK he is a classic it is so old that he has bigger experience in battle LINK WIN"

He is not on the same power level as Cloud, Cloud with his metria and skill (seeing as he was cloned to be one of the greast warriors ) Has skill beyoned links, I need some prove for you to back up your claim, Cause at the moment it is just a poor statment .

#8 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#9 Posted by GambitO (980 posts) - - Show Bio

what says is illogical

LINK is but powerful that CLOUD doesn't maybe know the formation

as warrior that tube LINK from their childhood?

#10 Posted by Barguest (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

Link and Cloud don't need to fight, they should just kiss...

#11 Posted by GambitO (980 posts) - - Show Bio

NONE OF THEM IS HOMOSEXUAL

#12 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Barguest says:

"Link and Cloud don't need to fight, they should just kiss..."

that's just wrong

#13 Posted by Barguest (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

Just sayin...they have so much in common...why would they fight? :P

#14 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Barguest says:

"Just sayin...they have so much in common...why would they fight? :P"

again, that is soooo wrong

#15 Posted by Barguest (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just upset cos I like Link best, but lets face it...Cloud would probably wipe the floor with him :p So I can't really be serious about this

#16 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

GambitO says:

"what says is illogical LINK is but powerful that CLOUD doesn't maybe know the formation as warrior that tube LINK from their childhood?"

Answer one thing do you know anything about Cloud story.

#17 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#18 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Barguest says:

"I'm just upset cos I like Link best, but lets face it...Cloud would probably wipe the floor with him :p So I can't really be serious about this"
I think it would be pretty close acutally. Link has some really powerful weapons and is the Hero of Time and Cloud is just power and has some powerful materia. I think it evens out.
#19 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm, well, considering Link's only attacks are, uppercut, downswipe, and side to side, Cloud takes this.

#20 Posted by Barguest (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"Barguest says:
"I'm just upset cos I like Link best, but lets face it...Cloud would probably wipe the floor with him :p So I can't really be serious about this"
I think it would be pretty close acutally. Link has some really powerful weapons and is the Hero of Time and Cloud is just power and has some powerful materia. I think it evens out. "

curiouser and curiouser...

#21 Posted by Barguest (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Freak says:

"Hmmm, well, considering Link's only attacks are, uppercut, downswipe, and side to side, Cloud takes this."

Cloud hasn't got a magic Ocarina :O

#22 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Freak says:

"Hmmm, well, considering Link's only attacks are, uppercut, downswipe, and side to side, Cloud takes this."
Yeah but then link can just run behind Cloud cause he can't move and hit him while his meter is charging up agian.
#23 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Barguest says:

"Octagon Freak says:

Cloud hasn't got a magic Ocarina :O"

Yeah, he couldn't play horribly, and make Link's ears hurt, lol.

#24 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Barguest says:

"Octagon Freak says:

Cloud hasn't got a magic Ocarina :O"

true

#25 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"Octagon Freak says:
Yeah but then link can just run behind Cloud cause he can't move and hit him while his meter is charging up agian."

Well, then Cloud could use the fart spell, and knock Link out.

#26 Posted by Barguest (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Freak says:

"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:
Yeah but then link can just run behind Cloud cause he can't move and hit him while his meter is charging up agian. "
Well, then Cloud could use the fart spell, and knock Link out."

Time out mister! :O

#27 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Freak says:

"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:
Yeah but then link can just run behind Cloud cause he can't move and hit him while his meter is charging up agian. "
Yeah but like would have a fairy in a bottle to revive him.
#28 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"Octagon Freak says:
"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:
Yeah but like would have a fairy in a bottle to revive him."

He forgot to drill holes in the cap, and the fairy died from lack of oxygen....

Barguest says:

"Octagon Freak says:
"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:

Time out mister! :O"

#29 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Freak says:

"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:
Yeah but like would have a fairy in a bottle to revive him. "
He forgot to drill holes in the cap, and the fairy died from lack of oxygen.... Barguest says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:
" />http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z304/octagon_freak/Funny%20Animals/prison0507.jpg" Yeah but he had his blue costume on so he breaths through his skin like a fish.
#30 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"Octagon Freak says:
"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:
He forgot to drill holes in the cap, and the fairy died from lack of oxygen.... Barguest says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:
" />http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z304/octagon_freak/Funny%20Animals/prison0507.jpg"
Yeah but he had his blue costume on so he breaths through his skin like a fish."

Well, the poisonous fumes would still get into his system.

#31 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Freak says:

"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:
Yeah" />http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z304/octagon_freak/Funny%20Animals/prison0507.jpg"
Yeah but he had his blue costume on so he breaths through his skin like a fish. "
Well, the poisonous fumes would still get into his system." Well link drinks some Milk and gains back two hearts.
#32 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"Octagon Freak says:
"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:
Yeah" />http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z304/octagon_freak/Funny%20Animals/prison0507.jpg"
Yeah but he had his blue costume on so he breaths through his skin like a fish. "
Well, the poisonous fumes would still get into his system."
Well link drinks some Milk and gains back two hearts."

Psh, the milk in Dead Rising could restore 6 hearts!

#33 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Freak says:

"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:
Well link drinks some Milk and gains back two hearts. "
Psh, the milk in Dead Rising could restore 6 hearts! " Well when Link gets full hearts he can shoot his sword!
#34 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"Octagon Freak says:
"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"Nobody says:
"Octagon Freak says:
Well link drinks some Milk and gains back two hearts. "
Psh, the milk in Dead Rising could restore 6 hearts! "
Well when Link gets full hearts he can shoot his sword!"

Well by the time he's done doing all that, Cloud's turned around, and is ready to fight again.

#35 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"Ok, here I go.Link has superior magic.If Link loses, he goes back in time and Kills Cloud.Light Arrows from the best archer in the world. Cloud is instantly dead.Din's Fire=Dead Cloud.Nayru's Love= Link invincible.That is all I will say. Because, I'm not gonna try and convince fanboys."

Yeah, but, Link can only travel back in time by 3 days....

#36 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"Which is enough to kill Clound when he's on the crapper."

A new guy with a sharp mouth, I wonder how many times that happens , but he is right.

#37 Posted by Sargent Ogden (11 posts) - - Show Bio

They might not be homosexual but Like hangs with fairies. I am not implying any think. I like Link, but some times I wonder about him.

#38 Posted by Metal Wolf (61 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope i'm not too late in replying. but...

the original post says the two characters in their most current forms and the picture shows Cloud in his Kingdom Hearts outfit. so, going by that, i would have to say Link would totally win. i mean, Cloud gets knocked out by Sora who uses a giant key as a sword. even if Cloud were to use Knights of the Round or Omnislash, Link goes down, gets revived by a faerie, then goes on the offense. so my vote is on Link.
Post Edited:2007-07-19 13:52:06

#39 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Metal Wolf says:

"i hope i'm too late in answering. but... the original post says the two characters in their most current forms and the picture shows Cloud in his Kingdom Hearts outfit. so, going by that, i would have to say Link would totally win. i mean, Cloud gets knocked out by Sora who uses a giant key as a sword. even if Cloud were to use Knights of the Round or Omnislash, Link goes down, gets revived by a faerie, then goes on the offense. so my vote is on Link."
I just thought the picture was kind of cool. Didn't really have to do with the time frame of the battle.
#40 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, "Current" really depends. If it's the Twilight hero, or the Hero Of Time versions of Link, they win. The Wind Waker, Minish Cap, and original Links would lose. They're all different people with different abilities.

#41 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

The most current link is Twilight Princess.

#42 Posted by Metal Wolf (61 posts) - - Show Bio

true, it is a very cool picture.

and yeah, it would have to be adult Link in the fight, i don't think young Link would able to hold his own.

#43 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Well.....yeah, current is Twilight Hero. LINK WINS!!!!

#44 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to go with Cloud. Even with all Link's skills I don't see him beating Cloud's Knights of the Round combined with 2x Summon.

#45 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see Cloud surviving getting stabbed in the back while his meter is charging. Or Din's Fire. Heck, Light Arrows would just kill him.

#46 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn't need to charge up to use a summon.

#47 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's look at their weapons. The buster Sword is radical, like seriously. But, I've been doing research as I don't know Cloud as well as Link, and I've discovered that Cloud's sword isn't really magical, just really well made. I've no doubt it could probably cut through iron and even boulders with no problem. But, Link holds the f*cking Master Sword, something I believe is second only to Excalibur, and nothing tops Excalibur in terms of magical swords. It is unbreakable, what's more, it is the blade of evil's bane. Unfortunately, since Cloud isn't evil, he won't suffer more damage then usual from the blade. However, if push came to shove, and the two blades were truly straining against each other? The Buster Sword would be the one to break. But, let's look at the other factors of why I think Link would have the edge here:

• In all instances, the fight would not be to the death. Both of the heroes appear to me to be far too honorable to just slay each other without first knowing of one another. In that case, Cloud would most likely be holding back, and would instead be working to disarm Link rather then slay him. In that case, the sword-breaking scenario would be far more likely, as Cloud would be attempting to clang the Master Sword so hard that Link loses his grip and has it fly away, beyond his grasp. This would be difficult for Cloud because...

• Link is a southpaw! His fighting style is most unorthodox, with very little mindless sword-clanging involved. In fact, if Link is fighting like I always play him, he'd side-step and backflip far more then actually slicing with the sword.

• Link has a shield. If anything's gonna be clanging, it's the Hero's Shield(or the Hyrulian, or the Mirror). Not a huge factor, but the shield definitely shouldn't be overlooked, either.

• Not only does Link have superb skills, but even if he became disarmed, he still has a number of items at his disposal. The Bow(with arrows), the Hookshot, the Ball & Chain, the Boomerang, the Bombs, and let's not forget Link's secret weapon: The bottled fairy. And, if he fights like I play him, every single one of his bottles(usually he only finds three or four of the whole set) should have a fairy in it.

So, as you can see, Link has a number of edges over Cloud. But of course, not knowing much about Cloud, I might be a trifle unfair and biased in my estimation of the fight. So...what's this Materia? I can't find any mention of it on Wikipedia...

#48 Posted by Union (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#49 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Materia is what Cloud needs to cast magic. Good points Gott. I completely agree. Plus, let's not overlook invincibility with Nayru's Love and the all-powerful Light Arrows. And, Ichigo, I was joking about the meter.

#50 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you.