Avatar image for wolverineistoaa
WolverineIsTOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By WolverineIsTOAA

I'm sorry but the princess is in another castle.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still don't understand why people don't state what gear Link has. He is a gear driven character, capable of beating top notch characters, but canalso lose to the lowest of street levelers all based on his gear.

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Link at the end of Twilight Princess wins this.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wolfrazer

@sachmoo: Standard gear would really be enough, MS, Hylian shield, bombs, bow/arrows. In fact, he could more than likely do it with just the Master Sword and Hylian shield.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sachmoo

@wolfrazer said:

@sachmoo: Standard gear would really be enough, MS, Hylian shield, bombs, bow/arrows. In fact, he could more than likely do it with just the Master Sword and Hylian shield.

I'm not so certain. Bowser has insane durability upwards of surviving falling in lava. Although we have yet to see him stabbed which one would THINK could work, but Bowser also has insane strength, breathes fire, can jump very high and causes tremors when he lands in some versions. I know Link has fought much worse, but its usually cause you have to exploit the bosses weakness with whatever shiny new toy he got in the temple.

I'm inclined to believe Link wins too, but Bowser is no slouch. I would just like to see more thought going into the threads using Link, that's all.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sachmoo: he has the gear that he has in twilight princess

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sachmoo

@hylian said:

@sachmoo: he has the gear that he has in twilight princess

At the end of the game?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wolfrazer

@sachmoo said:

@wolfrazer said:

I'm not so certain. Bowser has insane durability upwards of surviving falling in lava. Although we have yet to see him stabbed which one would THINK could work, but Bowser also has insane strength, breathes fire, can jump very high and causes tremors when he lands in some versions. I know Link has fought much worse, but its usually cause you have to exploit the bosses weakness with whatever shiny new toy he got in the temple.

I'm inclined to believe Link wins too, but Bowser is no slouch. I would just like to see more thought going into the threads using Link, that's all.

That's really nothing that Link hasn't already dealt with, plus as you said slashing/stabbing could work. Although I will say Bowser does have the strength/durability edge(though the durability edge I don't think matters much). Link isn't too shabby in the strength/durability department either, plus he is very agile and can jump really high too and has shown various tactics in taking down his enemies.

But I hear ya, though whenever I don't see the gear set for Link. I just go with the standard, unless of course it's against an enemy that is very powerful by comparison. Here that isn't the case, so standard gear(MS, Hylian Shield, bombs, bow/arrow) would do. Although there isn't a set standard for Link, I kinda just made that up because that is what he mostly has in all the games.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hylian:

In that case it's a stomp in Links favor via Magic armor and MS.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Link

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Bombs are enough to beat bowser normal version

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bowser is a very slow opponent. He's the classic "tank". Very strong and durable but ridiculously slow moving. Link can take this. Even standard Link, IMO.

Mayan_Fist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mayan_Fist

@wolfrazer:

Bowser survived both falling into a star and falling at terminal velocity from thousands of feet in the air. There's really nothing that Link has fought with Bowser's level of durability.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wolfrazer

@mayan_fist: I was speaking of Bowser's attacks, not his durability.

Mayan_Fist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer:

That's really nothing that Link hasn't already dealt with, plus as you said slashing/stabbing could work. Although I will say Bowser does have the strength/durability edge(though the durability edge I don't think matters much).

As for attacks, I agree. There's nothing really impressive that I remember about Bowser's standard attacks.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wolfrazer

@mayan_fist: I said that Bowser has the durability edge, when I said it doesn't really matter. Is that while Bowser does have a high durability, I don't think it would translate into peircing/slashing damage. Hence why I don't think it would really be that big a factor for Bowser.

Plus Link is quick and agile enough to make multiple slashes at a time, couple this with his other items he has here, Link can take the win.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I like both characters but Link wins, since good shall always triumph over evil! Huzzah!

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

standard bowser probably loses to link and his speed and skill but if its mario galaxy bowser then i say bowser wins.

marvelnerd360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By marvelnerd360

I respect Link. He is a skilled, strong fighter, using his gear strategically. He has a wise mind and a powerful mind over matter approach. But Bowser squashes him. Seriously.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Wolfrazer

Still Link takes this, standard Bowser isn't much a big issue for him since Link has taken on far worse.