Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mayan_Fist
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rules

• Shonen Bat and Slenderman get one and a half years worth of media exposure.
  • Every power and feat (consistent only, Slenderman can't use 4th dimension powers or reality warping, no omniscience, no time manipulation) can be used by both opponents.
  • Both will attack each other.
  • Winner by all means, except BFR.
  • Fight takes place in Tokyo, at night.

Abilities for Lil' Slugger:

• Teleportation/Apportation.
  • Psuedo-omnipresence (has the capability to appear to anybody "backed into a corner", physical or metaphorical, can be summoned by anybody searching for him).
  • Can appear and attack you in the real world and your imagination. Note that even if he attacks you in your imagination, you still feel his physical blows.
  • Can walk through walls and objects.
  • Can change size and strength.
  • Can move up to speeds of 60 mph (possibly faster).
  • Inhuman physiology, his bat, equipment and clothing are part of his body.
  • Good healing factor, can heal from being cut in half.
  • Conceptual entity, grows more powerful according to how the public perceives him (becomes a Hulk-like monster after people began describing superpowers to him).

Mayan_Fist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By hatemalingsia

Interesting fight. Too bad I don't know Lil' Slugger.

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see the reference...

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatemalingsia: @mayan_fist:

I just watched a couple clips of lil slugger and all i saw was some fat guy throwing a shoe at him and then kicking the crap out of him. Then i saw some old lady tell him to sit down while she told him a story about her husband and he was unable to attack her while she just sat there.

Ive never heard of lil slugger before either but from the clips i saw he doesnt seem to be much of a threat.

Mayan_Fist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluejay4:

?

@those_eyes:

Both events happened to two separate entities. The kid that got beaten up was a copycat criminal who was trying to imitate Lil' Slugger. In fact, he gets killed by Lil' Slugger later in the series. As for the second part, the lady realized what Lil' Slugger was, so he was unable to do anything against her. If you want an idea of Lil's Slugger's better feats, here's this video:

Loading Video...

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatemalingsia: @mayan_fist:

I just watched a couple clips of lil slugger and all i saw was some fat guy throwing a shoe at him and then kicking the crap out of him. Then i saw some old lady tell him to sit down while she told him a story about her husband and he was unable to attack her while she just sat there.

Ive never heard of lil slugger before either but from the clips i saw he doesnt seem to be much of a threat.

Heh.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluejay4:

?

@those_eyes:

Both events happened to two separate entities. The kid that got beaten up was a copycat criminal who was trying to imitate Lil' Slugger. In fact, he gets killed by Lil' Slugger later in the series. As for the second part, the lady realized what Lil' Slugger was, so he was unable to do anything against her. If you want an idea of Lil's Slugger's better feats, here's this video:

Loading Video...

hmmmm idk what to think. hard to say how he would react to slender man.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jmarshmallow

Hm, cool idea.

But if "all power and feats" are used then Slenderman would stomp.

He's an unkillable, unstoppable, malevolent force of nature.

Staring at him is basically an insta-death, and not looking at him will just lead you to insanity and he'll kill you anyway.

While Paranoia Agent is my jam, Lil Slugger has no way of winning.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A crossover would be beyond cool.

I could see it ending in a stalemate.

Mayan_Fist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mayan_Fist

@jonez120:

No problem! Also, should I just limit him to his consistent abilities for the sake of the battle?

@jmarshmallow:

Thanks. It would naturally be a good match-up; there are a lot of parallels between him and Slenderman. Depending on who you talk to, Slenderman is also an entity that grows more powerful as people create more stories about him.

While I do agree that Slenderman is very powerful (I'll limit his more powerful abilities such as 4th dimension/reality warping in the OP), Lil' Slugger is powerful in his own right. He draws his abilities from human escapism, anxiety, and paranoia, and has the potential to become very powerful with sufficient media exposure. He's also more akin to a force than an actual, tangible entity. Slender-sickness wouldn't really work on him either because of his nature.

@darthaznable:

You're one of the go-to guys for anime on this site, so I naturally assumed that you would know about Paranoia Agent

plus some research.

Thoughts?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DarthAznable

@mayan_fist: I wouldn't call myself the go to guy. I haven't really watched any anime in over a couple months. Paranoia Agent is actually something I'm planning on rewatching because I hardly remember most of it. Slenderman can't necessarily be killed but there is no evidence that suggests he can harm Lil Slugger. I see why you made the battle though as both seems to have "similar" power sets. Lil Slugger has the disadvantage of having a legitimate physical form which he uses regularly, Slender does not.

Keikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slender is a 4th dimensional being, I'll go with him stomping Lil Slugger.

Mayan_Fist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable:

Ah, I'd imagine that there would be a lot of shows on your backlog, then. You'll really enjoy watching Paranoia Agent the second time around, there are a lot of small details scattered throughout the series that foreshadow events that happen later on. Satoshi Kon was really good when it came to writing characters as well.

militaryMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slender

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SirNeko

Slugger didn't actually exist, he was the imagination of stressful people who wanted to get away from their stressful lives.

Paranoia Agent was hella good though.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DarthAznable

@mayan_fist: If you like PA then I highly recommend Cat Soup if you haven't seen it already :)

Mayan_Fist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mayan_Fist

@sirneko:

Though Satoshi usually centers his works around psychological themes, that doesn't necessarily mean the strange occurrences in Paranoia Agent didn't happen in reality. Some of the events, like Tsukiko being batted inside of the prison cell, Ichi being attacked while he was having a nervous breakdown in front of all of those kids, the fake Lil' Slugger being killed in the prison cell, and the ending suggests that he had a presence in the real world. I'm leaning towards the idea that he's a metaphysical being (similar to a tulpa).

@darthaznable:

Saw it a few days ago, and I really enjoyed it. I especially have a soft spot for surrealist anime works, so Cat Soup was a real treat for me (I was surprised that I haven't heard of it before). Much appreciated, man.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko:

Though Satoshi usually centers his works around psychological themes, that doesn't necessarily mean the strange occurrences in Paranoia Agent didn't happen in reality. Some of the events, like Tsukiko being batted inside of the prison cell, Ichi being attacked while he was having a nervous breakdown in front of all of those kids, the fake Lil' Slugger being killed in the prison cell, and the ending suggests that he had a presence in the real world. I'm leaning towards the idea that he's a metaphysical being (similar to a tulpa).

Wasn't it referenced several times that he doesn't actually exist? I saw the show such a long time ago.

Mayan_Fist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko:

Well, what was constantly mentioned in the show is how Lil' Slugger was tied to the fear and the paranoia that the Japanese public produced. He was also directly tied with Maromi's popularity. Other than that, his nature is kept ambiguous until the latter half of the series.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko:

Well, what was constantly mentioned in the show is how Lil' Slugger was tied to the fear and the paranoia that the Japanese public produced. He was also directly tied with Maromi's popularity. Other than that, his nature is kept ambiguous until the latter half of the series.

What is his nature?

Mayan_Fist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes:

That he was created from Tsukiko's guilt and desire to escape from responsibility and blame. Eventually, other people started using Lil' Slugger for the same purpose, and he began to grow in strength. The beginning of the video I posted above sums up the most defining part of his abilities. He takes on the qualities of the rumors people spread about him. When people said that he was a man, he gained the ability to grow in size and have his strength scale along. When people said he was a demon, his appearance changed and he became more aggressive.

Here's another video of one of his attacks. Here, he uses tactics very similar to Slenderman while stalking a guy. Hell, he even manipulates the radio in his car.

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Avatar_Wan

Dunno...Seems even, actually.

Inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: Lil Slugger was a threat to the entire world as of the final episode.