#1 Posted by Shiryu (3488 posts) - - Show Bio

Lightning:

Misaka Mikoto (A Certain Magical Index/A Certain Scientific Railgun), Enel (One Piece; logia intangibility off), Hei (Darker than Black; no molecular manipulation), Static (Milestone comics), Black Lightning (DC Comics), Cole MacGrath (end of inFamous 2; good karma), Sasuke Uchiha (Hebi; no Genjutsu)

Earth:

Edward Elric, Yoh Asakura (with Spirit of Earth), Geo-Force (DC Comics), Gaara, Sandman, Isaac (Golden Sun), Groudon (Pokemon)

In case it wasn't obvious, none of the Lightning team members are allowed to magnetize Ed's automail. I hope this is fair. Morals on, in character, fight to the death. The fight is in a modern day city. Let's just say Manhattan.

Which team wins?

#2 Posted by OfficialRikudouSennin (631 posts) - - Show Bio

Lightning> Earth common logic

#3 Edited by BlackWind (6341 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of the Lightning team has a LOT of area affect. Enel, even without the Maxim is a city block buster, at least, as shown when he summoned a thunderbolt to obliterate that Skypiean father and daughter. Static, in a city is pretty dangerous too, because even if he isn't allowed to magnetize Ed's arm and leg, he could still fry the circutry. I think the Lightning team has too much raw power.

#4 Edited by Pierpat (2671 posts) - - Show Bio

Enel Solos with ease.

And i'm sad to see Ed ending up like this.

#5 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

Isaac solos by virtue of summons. he also has a potion of the golden sun, which is crazy powerful IIRC. No one on the top team are anywhere near his pay grade.

#6 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10060 posts) - - Show Bio

Lightning stomp

#7 Posted by BlackWind (6341 posts) - - Show Bio

http://i43.tinypic.com/qqv0yh.jpg

#8 Posted by Shiryu (3488 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: How powerful does the Golden Sun potion make him?

@blackwind:

That is true, but I think the Earth team has an equal shot at winning here. Okay, no one is allowed to fry Ed's circuitry either. He'd by easy pickings that way.

@pierpat:

I recall Yoh surviving all sorts of cosmic phenomena being thrown at him during his fight like Hao. And he redirected the gravity of a black hole or something like that. Do you think Enel has the power to hurt him?

@officialrikudousennin:

We can agree to disagree, I guess.

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk:

Groudon is continent+ level. I don't think his is a stomp by any means.

#9 Posted by NeonPheonix (650 posts) - - Show Bio

Lightning Team

#10 Posted by spartanpgh (81 posts) - - Show Bio

why isn't Storm on Team Lightning, and why is Static?

One actually produces lightning, one manipulates static electricity

#11 Posted by BlackWind (6341 posts) - - Show Bio

@spartanpgh: No, Storm's powers are weather based, not just lightning. And Static's powers are electromagnetic, not just static electricity.

#12 Posted by homicidalmaniac (7600 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel that Yoh with SOE solo.But I still love Misaka and Enel

#13 Posted by BlackWind (6341 posts) - - Show Bio

The feats of the Five Elemental Warriors inside the Great Spirit should not count for outside the GS. Otherwise Yoh solos. And even though the Spirits of Rain, Wind, Earth, and Lightning have no large amounts of feats, the Spirit of Fire is their equal.

#14 Posted by TheMagicStik (1737 posts) - - Show Bio

@officialrikudousennin: Well obviously you don't play Pokemon...

On topic: Yoh can solo this shit with the Spirit of Earth which can control gravity to the extent of countering a black hole. Sorry lightning bois : )

#15 Posted by Shiryu (3488 posts) - - Show Bio

@spartanpgh: If you want to be technical about it, there's a wonderful option for you: make your own thread.

@blackwind:

If they don't then he has no feats with the Spirit of Earth and I might as well take him out of the battle. That wouldn't be any fun.

#16 Edited by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu: sorry meant to say portion, can't type D:

It doesn't matter, Isaac is a continent buster, he wins based solely on that. Groudon can't even be effected by lightning, so...

The golden sun gives someone full access to alchemy.

#17 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5906 posts) - - Show Bio

Lightning> Earth common logic

But in Pokemon, Lightning doesn't affect ground types

#18 Posted by Shiryu (3488 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: Oh... so this is a fairly powerful Earth team, right? I'm going to make a wind team and pit them against the earth team.

#19 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu: yeah... Isaac just carries too hard. He has a continental level destructive powers, and he can also cast a continental level spell that causes death. He's not someone to be underestimated. Yoh is also supposedly a planet buster level. Edward doesn't have much of a reason to be here. He's like batman on the JLA, but even more out of place.

#20 Posted by Cooldes (4097 posts) - - Show Bio

Enel isn't getting touched and misakas railgun can be fired at 3x The speed Of light iirc.

add black lightning, static, sasuke w/ems etc. And we have a clear winner, no?

#21 Posted by Pierpat (2671 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu said:

@pierpat:

I recall Yoh surviving all sorts of cosmic phenomena being thrown at him during his fight like Hao. And he redirected the gravity of a black hole or something like that. Do you think Enel has the power to hurt him?

His durability level is quite unstable, once he tanks Planet-level forces, the other he's hurt by building level.

I'd say eh's never proben a great resistance to electricity, so.....Yes, enel could hurt him.

#22 Posted by Shiryu (3488 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes:
This is Hebi Sasuke. He didn't have Mangekyo Sharingan yet, let alone EMS. This is why I made specifications in the first post.

@pierpat: Okay.

#23 Posted by solon (421 posts) - - Show Bio

Lightning Team

#24 Posted by Shiryu (3488 posts) - - Show Bio

@solon: And why do you think so, may I ask?

#25 Posted by OfficialRikudouSennin (631 posts) - - Show Bio

uh i didnt know pokemon was in the battle -_- and i do watch pokemon

#26 Posted by BlackWind (6341 posts) - - Show Bio

What does Pokemon have to do with anything?

#27 Posted by SuperDrummer (721 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to say earth team. Although the lightning team is incredibly powerful, the ground team has a couple very powerful advantages.

Groudon for one is immune to all electric based attacks, on top of that, hes a powerful physical fighter.

Yoh is (as far as I know, I don't recognize all the characters) by far the most powerful character here and has the potential to solo.

Sandman is just sandman, and is a pain in the ass to kill.

Gaara can also make lightning-rods, which can be used to protect his team.

Ed can further enhance said lightning-rods, and would most likely be able to hurt enel by transmutating rubber (he could also probably make shields of it for his team.)

#28 Posted by RetconCrisis (3852 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind said:

What does Pokemon have to do with anything?

There's a Pokémon in the battle, Groudon, and he's pretty much immune to Lighting.