Light Yagami (Kira) VS Bruce Wayne (Batman)

• 51 results
Avatar image for thelaughingman_aoi
thelaughingman_Aoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Light Yagami Arrives in the crime infested Gotham disgusted by what he see's. Criminals going unpunished with nothing but a slap on the wrist. He decides to take action and pull out the death note. At first it seems like normal deaths but after a while Batman takes notice that a string of criminals in good health are dying and that some of these death are too strange to be a coincidence . So he starts to investigate the deaths to see if their is any foul play such as cyanide poisoning. During one Two faces heist Lights is present. He acts quickly by using the piece of the Death Note hidden in his watch. Just as the last few seconds of the time is up Batman finally arrives. Just as Two Face is about to talk he clutches his heart and falls to the ground. Batman quickly concludes that the killer is someone in the room and looks around for someone looking suspicious. no one looks out of place. The police arrives on the scene and Batman asks Gordan if he can do an autopsy on Two-Face. Not to Bat's knowledge Ryuk is eavesdropping on their conversation and informs Light. He knows that he is possibly on his trail and we all know Light will cut down anyone that will possibly get in his way. Both men have a week to figure out who the other is. Who will figure out the others identity. Only rule is must be a logically reason why and how they figure out who the other is and they can't do anything out of character.

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Pope052

@thelaughingman_aoi:

Well i'd imagine that if Ryuk can aid Light by eavesdropping on Bruce and Gordon's conversations, than he'd learn his name and inform Light to use the Death Note.

Light would win...

LimpoyzLoan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LimpoyzLoan

Light would pretty much win against anyone who isn't an alien.

Avatar image for redxiii18881990
Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryuk isn't the helping type though.

Other than that I'm at a loss I haven't a clue who'd win this.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Lelouch, Michio Yuuki, Johan Liebert, Kira Yoshikage and Reinhardt von Lohengramm says otherwise

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is a the world's greatest detective, human weapon, billionaire, playboy, fla..phala..hmmm can't spell that word, anyways batman wins n if he dies he'll eventually come back to life unlike light

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7 JediXMan  Moderator

@pope052 said:

@thelaughingman_aoi:

Well i'd imagine that if Ryuk can aid Light by eavesdropping on Bruce and Gordon's conversations, than he'd learn his name and inform Light to use the Death Note.

Light would win...

Ryuk can't, and won't, do that. That's one of the rules of the Death Note: he can't tell Light the name of another person.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Aside from the fact that he... you know... lost in the end.

Why is Light so overestimated when the man lost, and only ever beat L because he manipulated a Shinigami.

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a miracle Batman still has a secret identity. If you start listing all the people that could be Batman, you'd reach Bruce Wayne right in seconds without trying.

I think Batman's a better detective but Light's detective work is more like making huge assumptions that just happen to be right. Plotwise he'd figure out Bruce if he's using the same logic he used in the manga. I couldn't finish it because I simply couldn't stomach the illogical leaps Light made.

LimpoyzLoan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: I mean that wouldn't work because you can only write the name of the person in the language they were born with, at least I think. It's been awhile since I've seen the show.

PartialSanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Batman arrived at the scene, not Bruce Wayne, Light should've noticed him immediately, as he's a physically imposing human dressed in a bat suit. Light can and will know his identity simply by looking at him. If Ryuk told Light about the conversation, all he would need to do is search for "Bruce Wayne" online to get a face to go with the name. If Light uses the whole week, it would only be in deciding on how Bruce Wayne is going to die. This scenario is stacked against Batman.

PartialSanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or was that the girl that could tell the names?

Avatar image for soothing_sounds
Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Soothing_Sounds

Batman would not be too hard to figure out honestly. Or, at least not with Light's intelligence level. On the other hand, Batman has to figure out that the man sporadically killing all these people is someone who was at the scene of a crime, who's only real clue is that he had been fidgeting with a watch 40 seconds before Two-faces death.

PartialSanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah sorry, my mistake. That was Misa. Well, I don't know. Batman stands a good chance though, all he would need to do is watch surveillance tapes, he'd probably be able to figure out it was Light from them. He'd be the only one writing stuff down in the middle of a heist. A week of prep is a lot for Batman.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By OverLordArhas

Batman is in a definite disadvantage, the first thing he will do is look at it scientifically and he will be stuck there. Batman is no L, and even L is aided by PLOT.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JediXMan  Moderator

Batman is no L, and even L is aided by PLOT.

This isn't very accurate. The only person of significance was Light, and L never stopped suspecting Light. Before that, he fought people who were a threat in the "real world." Batman fights intelligent, resourceful, and strategic villains all the time.

If anything, yes, I would favor Bruce.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman:

Maybe so, but tell me, would Batman even suspect a piece of Paper to kill a person, and last time I checked, Bruce is not into the occult, correct me if I am wrong.

Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: I still can't imagine the surveillance camera's showing anything but a man fidgeting with his watch. Light's been pretty smooth around camera's, and even when he was unsuspecting of camera's, he was usually real discreet with how he wrote down names. A man fidgeting with his watch 40 seconds before Two-faces death, is not at all suspicious.

Kal-El Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kal-El Summers

Fidgeting with your watch while a homicidal maniac who's known for deciding the fate of people with a simple coin flip is in your presence would definitely draw attention to Light because it's not a natural reaction. Bruce looks for little ticks like that because they are glaringly obvious tells that something weird is going on especially if Two-Face dropped dead shortly afterward.

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It was never stated whether the Death Note works on aliens or not though. It just states that it works on humans and doesn't work on Death Gods. There were rules of the Death Note that not even the Death Gods knew.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Kira is Blood Lusted, he could make a deal with RYUK for a pair of Shinigami eyes.

Shigami Eyes = Dead Bats

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Floopay

Honestly, I think all the people of Gotham are lacking in the intelligence department.

Batman has a Bat Jet, a Batmobile, a Batcycle, godly amounts of devices, and a whole lot of other things that cost a whole lot of money.

I mean honestly, I'm relatively certain *I* could figure out Batman is Bruce Wayne. I have no doubts Light would do the same.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kal_el_summers: Fidgeting just in general is a natural reaction when scared. But tbh, there is no real natural reaction, people who are scared act differently all the time. Light messing with his watch may just be the way he copes with fear, i don't why Batman would think otherwise. Especially since it's not an instantaneous kill, it takes 40 seconds to be in effect. Not too long, but it's both a random time, and at least time for some other people in the area to have their own awkward way with coping with fear.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By OverLordArhas

@kal_el_summers: Fidgeting just in general is a natural reaction when scared. But tbh, there is no real natural reaction, people who are scared act differently all the time. Light messing with his watch may just be the way he copes with fear, i don't why Batman would think otherwise. Especially since it's not an instantaneous kill, it takes 40 seconds to be in effect. Not too long, but it's both a random time, and at least time for some other people in the area to have their own awkward way with coping with fear.

Plus, Kira is just a Kid and could easily passed suspicion.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: I still can't imagine the surveillance camera's showing anything but a man fidgeting with his watch. Light's been pretty smooth around camera's, and even when he was unsuspecting of camera's, he was usually real discreet with how he wrote down names. A man fidgeting with his watch 40 seconds before Two-faces death, is not at all suspicious.

The entire thing was suspicious enough for L to notice. The second that Light "woke up" and started fidgeting with his watch, Light did give him a look of suspicion.

Plus, Kira is just a Kid and could easily passed suspicion.

Because Batman hasn't dealt with smart, strategic children before.

Oh wait...

And Light was about 18 when he got the Death Note, in his early twenties when he died. He's an adult at this point.

If Kira is Blood Lusted, he could make a deal with RYUK for a pair of Shinigami eyes.

Shigami Eyes = Dead Bats

Bloodlust is not on unless the OP states as such. As per the OP's specifications, nothing is outside of Light's general behavior.

@jedixman:

Maybe so, but tell me, would Batman even suspect a piece of Paper to kill a person, and last time I checked, Bruce is not into the occult, correct me if I am wrong.

It's not outside the realm of possibility. He's not of the occult, but he has been around supernatural objects long enough that he wouldn't rule out the possibility. One of his greatest villains, Ra's al Ghul, comes back to life using the Lazarus Pits, which would fall under the area of "occult."

He also came back from the dead after he went through time because he was transported to the past by a New God and turned into a Time Bomb.

... yeah, Batman won't have a problem with magic.

Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@soothing_sounds said:

The entire thing was suspicious enough for L to notice. The second that Light "woke up" and started fidgeting with his watch, L did give him a look of suspicion.

Wasn't this already after L had suspicion of Light, using deductions from who had knowledge of criminals(the cops), who worked at Home(Light's father), and who was a genius out of the cops children(or some complicated sh!t like that).

This situation is slightly different, the criminals in Gotham have their names up and everywhere (except for Joker), it won't be hard for Light to find killers and just put them in the deathnote, while Bats is none the wiser. Then this is a one time coincidence, Batman is just seeing this guy once, he does something not out of the ordinary for him to do, and the time between death and when he fidgeted with the watch isn't too short. Bats may note the watch thing, but that's too small (& pointless) for Batman to be following up on.

Though if this happened a second time with a different killer, Kira going through with the same routine, and Bats catching it again, then that's a slightly different story.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@overlordarhas said:

Shigami Eyes = Dead Bats

That is why I said "If".

@floopay said:

Honestly, I think all the people of Gotham are lacking in the intelligence department.

Batman has a Bat Jet, a Batmobile, a Batcycle, godly amounts of devices, and a whole lot of other things that cost a whole lot of money.

I mean honestly, I'm relatively certain *I* could figure out Batman is Bruce Wayne. I have no doubts Light would do the same.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I do not think a pair of S Eyes are needed as stated above.

As for light's demeanor, he is the facade or one of the facade Kings of anime, the problem is, if his Messiah Complex is turned on.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@jedixman said:

@limpoyzloan said:

Why is Light so overestimated when the man lost, and only ever beat L because he manipulated a Shinigami.

Manipulating people is what Light does, how is his handling of Rem not a countable feat? he outsmarted him.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@limpoyzloan said:

Manipulating people is what Light does, how is his handling of Rem not a countable feat? he outsmarter him.

Light beat L long before he killed him. He manipulated a lot of people actually. He even threw away his notebook, and manipulated all the events so that it would inevitably find it's way back into his hands. He was pretty impressive.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 the_stegman  Moderator

Anyway, a thread like this was done before, so I'll just copy what I said there

Light wins fairly easily.

1. Bruce would have to 1st, have to narrow down in a city of MILLIONS who Kira would be. I highly doubt that he will figure out that it's Light Yagami, who keeps a pretty low profile. The only reason L had an idea, was due to Light using Police Databases, which led L to realize that Kira had to have some connection with the police force, thus either an agent, or a relative of an agent.

2. It's pretty easy for Light to figure out who Batman is, first, you'll need money to have the type of weapons/gadgets Batman has, thus, he will have to be rich, second, Batman operates in Gotham, meaning he probably lives there, third, any basic Psychology course can tell you that someone had to go through some trauma or loss to make someone go to such lengths as to become Batman. After putting all this together (like Bane did) Bruce Wayne is the obvious choice.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JediXMan  Moderator

@floopay said:

@the_stegman said:

@jedixman said:

@limpoyzloan said:

Manipulating people is what Light does, how is his handling of Rem not a countable feat? he outsmarter him.

Light beat L long before he killed him. He manipulated a lot of people actually. He even threw away his notebook, and manipulated all the events so that it would inevitably find it's way back into his hands. He was pretty impressive.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

With Misa's help. He never would have lasted without her Shinigami; it was her Shinigami that killed L in the first place.

@jedixman said:
@soothing_sounds said:

The entire thing was suspicious enough for L to notice. The second that Light "woke up" and started fidgeting with his watch, L did give him a look of suspicion.

Wasn't this already after L had suspicion of Light, using deductions from who had knowledge of criminals(the cops), who worked at Home(Light's father), and who was a genius out of the cops children(or some complicated sh!t like that).

This situation is slightly different, the criminals in Gotham have their names up and everywhere (except for Joker), it won't be hard for Light to find killers and just put them in the deathnote, while Bats is none the wiser. Then this is a one time coincidence, Batman is just seeing this guy once, he does something not out of the ordinary for him to do, and the time between death and when he fidgeted with the watch isn't too short. Bats may note the watch thing, but that's too small (& pointless) for Batman to be following up on.

Though if this happened a second time with a different killer, Kira going through with the same routine, and Bats catching it again, then that's a slightly different story.

If, in this scenario, Kira kills just once, I don't think anything would happen in the span of a week. Kira wouldn't discover Bruce's identity, and he wouldn't have a reason to suspect Light.

Stalemate, if that's the case.

@jedixman said:

@limpoyzloan said:

Manipulating people is what Light does, how is his handling of Rem not a countable feat? he outsmarted him.

It's a fine feat. But it doesn't help in this scenario, where he does not have the benefit of Rem, Misa, or anyone else with the eyes.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@jedixman: I honestly think Light can figure out Bruce's identity, as I posted above, it's not THAT hard to piece it together, he'd probably come up with the same rational that Bane did in Knightfall.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: I honestly think Light can figure out Bruce's identity, as I posted above, it's not THAT hard to piece it together, he'd probably come up with the same rational that Bane did in Knightfall.

Not in the span of a week. I find that very difficult to believe.

Bruce spent more time keeping his identity secret than L did, and he more or less maintained it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@jedixman: For someone of Light's intelligence, I think he could do it in a week. In that time he came up with a plan that literally outsmarted everyone, including L and he thought out each step months in advance (giving up the DN, surrendering his memories etc) however, I will admit, he did rely heavily on Misa and Rem for that plan to work. But the point is, Light is a genius level intellect with great planning, I can see him researching Batman and deducing.

1. Batman must be rich to afford such gadgets

2. He must have suffered some trauma to become a vigilante

3. Matching together the approximate height, weight, race of Batman with Gotham's wealthy

4. Money+ tragedy+ body type = Bruce Wayne

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: For someone of Light's intelligence, I think he could do it in a week. In that time he came up with a plan that literally outsmarted everyone, including L and he thought out each step months in advance (giving up the DN, surrendering his memories etc) however, I will admit, he did rely heavily on Misa and Rem for that plan to work. But the point is, Light is a genius level intellect with great planning, I can see him researching Batman and deducing.

3. Matching together the approximate height, weight, race of Batman with Gotham's wealthy

3. Money+ tragedy+ body type = Bruce Wayne

No Caption Provided

LimpoyzLoan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By LimpoyzLoan

@kingofash: But don't you have to right the name in the original language the person came from?

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This. Also bruce is very famous in the city paparazzis in gotham must have a biography on him.

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think light can take this. bat man can narrow it down to someone in the room and use surveillance gear to see what people were doing, but he still has to take out light. light can probably figure out who batman is and kill him before batman can react

copete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By copete

This. Light wins.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Batman is supposed to a urban legend. Without the police reports, light cant know that he uses expensive gadgets and he doesnt do detective work.

2. This is the only point that is possible

3. Yeah because batman appears in all the newspapers in Gotham. Light cant know his height, weight and race.

otakuemperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman has one key advantage already 7 days for batman equal a full 168 hours of prep dude wouldnt sleep till he figured the murder the first thing he would do i deduce how it is possible to kill like that the bat computer will probobly shorten it down to three conceivable options poison cholestoral or some sort of magic batman has dealt with demons witchboys immortals and zombies im pretty sure he would have no problem believing its magic not to mention the3 whole 40 seconds between writing and death is a big tip off to someone that methodical once he finds that pattern he will check the footage for anything strange happening 40 seconds prior to the death of two face light fiddling with his watch will be a tip off then and if batman searches lights room he will find the fucking death note oh yes he will. why because he is the goddamn batman and actually there are a bunch of rich people in gotham maximilliun zeus stag fisk not to mention batman has used doubles before if he gets the feeling he is in danger he wil just make alfed or dick dress up as him so he looks like he is two places at once.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By OverLordArhas

@otakuemperor said:

batman has one key advantage already 7 days for batman equal a full 168 hours of prep dude wouldnt sleep till he figured the murder the first thing he would do i deduce how it is possible to kill like that the bat computer will probobly shorten it down to three conceivable options poison cholestoral or some sort of magic batman has dealt with demons witchboys immortals and zombies im pretty sure he would have no problem believing its magic not to mention the3 whole 40 seconds between writing and death is a big tip off to someone that methodical once he finds that pattern he will check the footage for anything strange happening 40 seconds prior to the death of two face light fiddling with his watch will be a tip off then and if batman searches lights room he will find the fucking death note oh yes he will. why because he is the goddamn batman and actually there are a bunch of rich people in gotham maximilliun zeus stag fisk not to mention batman has used doubles before if he gets the feeling he is in danger he wil just make alfed or dick dress up as him so he looks like he is two places at once.

LOLZ!

Welcome to the Vine

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By NeonGameWave

Light could figure out Bruce`s identity but not as fast or as sneakingly clever as L would if he were to get involved and if he was involved. This match would be something special though and I like many others want to see an actual crossover done one day (if possible, doubt it though). I think Batman`s fair chances would be to use his main resources from the Batcave and also to delve into the supernatural with help from Zatanna as Bruce himself doesn`t really like to associate in that realm due to doubts, misbeliefs and history but I think he would resort to that route within this situation which would call for desperation thus desperate measures, with help from her he could probably deduce the mysterious killings to a connection thematically relating to a pattern ultimately leading back to Light Yagami and him being a new arrival to Gotham City also retracing files that originate from Light`s past within that of the Region of Kanto or overall Japan. But Batman would have to be careful because Light wouldn`t be a Riddler or a Joker but something entirely new to The Dark Knight and his legacy.

otakuemperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jueix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Light Yagami would not have much difficulty to discover the true identity of Batman.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kiran Has a decent chance.

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By okayalright_44

Light I guess

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Kramotz

@limpoyzloan: Johan Liebert begs to differ (he's completely human without any kind of supernatural powers or abilities).

OT: Batman loses this. Like L, he would be fighting against divine, supernatural power... and from the OP, he doesn't know it - this is why L really lost: he didn't know he was going against a boy with freaking death gods on his side.

With Light's deductive reasoning skills, I'm sure he'll also piece together Batman's true identity; plus, Light is more than willing to write "Bruce Wayne" in the Death Note, just to see what happens, even if he comes to the conclusion that there's only a 70% chance of Bruce being Batman.

Combatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Combatt

Light googles batman in an internet shop in japan... He searches locations where there is the highest and first appearances of the batman, it's Gotham City.

Concludes with... Batman is from Gotham.

Check Bathmans profile, built, height, etc...

He can proceed to kill every billionaire in Gotham who can afford Batmans Gadget, Cars, and Jets.

Aesop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Light can charm a woman into trading Ryuk for "the eyes". Then she watches a tape with Batman, writes his name, Bruce dies. That's IC. Bloodlust, Light just trades for eyes and kills Batman.