No trump weapons UN IG or etc.

Pre52 characters only. 616 Reed Richards

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Not sure who wins(leaning towards Reed Richards), but it's a lot closer than many believe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

richards

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good fight.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reed

Poketherabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Richards has the tech but Lex has the planning and plotting ability. I say Reed but not without a hard fight.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

I'd say Reed takes this rather handily... Reed has the Ultimate Nullifier... hes bloodlusted... bye bye Luthor

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@kidman560: Reed is a boss but you cant underestimate luthor anyday

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Reed.

Avatar image for cyberzombie_hatchetman
Cyberzombie_Hatchetman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A bloodlusted Reed Richards would be scary. I'm going with Reed.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reed

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman560: Reed doesn't have the UN and even if he did, he wouldn't use it just to take on Luthor

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus fighting robot here we go!

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'd say Reed takes this rather handily... Reed has the Ultimate Nullifier... hes bloodlusted... bye bye Luthor

Except he doesn't.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No UN in this battle. It would be an unfair matchup.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kidman560

@killemall@dondave killemall has told me repeatedly that Reed does have the UN it was a while ago but i dont think one looses the UN just like that. so unless im missing something or killemall was wrong (which he rarely is) i believe he still does.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reed

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reed stomps

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman560: Uatu has the UN and like I already said, it's not something Reed would use against Luthor even if he had it.

yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reed. Far more intelligent, and more resources to take advantage of in his prep time.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@yodagod said:

Reed. Far more intelligent, and more resources to take advantage of in his prep time.

Not really.

Avatar image for captainmarvelthunder
CaptainMarvelThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe Luthor would win.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave isnt Uatu kind of dead? also it says full bloodlust i think Reed would have no problem (since thats what bloodlust means)

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I think a full bloodlust luthor is more dangerous and conniving than reed would be. I do think reed is overall smarter however. But I would give the win in this case to luthor.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: Is this New 52? If so Reed. But if it's all feats or even a particular "earth" then I'm not sure entirely.

marvelfan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RR

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Killemall

@dondave said:

@kidman560: Reed doesn't have the UN and even if he did, he wouldn't use it just to take on Luthor

Reed has the Ultimate Nulifier, has had it every since Fantastic Four Annual 2001. The latest it was shown on Reed possession during New Avengers # 4

No Caption Provided
@dondave said:

@kidman560: Uatu has the UN and like I already said, it's not something Reed would use against Luthor even if he had it.

Thats a different Ultimate Nullifier. The one Reed Richards has was the original ultimate nullifier that Galactus had.

Other Nullifier had popped up in the meanwhile, which was a replica, during Avengers Assemble that Nullifier is with Shield.

An additional Ultimate Nullifier popped up in Nova # 1, where Titas in the Chutari Ship comes with 1, and the young Nova steals it.

After Nullifying the Chaturi flee, Sam gives this nullifier to Utau.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: Your correct, and I didnt want it in this battle anyway.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: Your correct, and I didnt want it in this battle anyway.

Just change the opening post saying Reed Richards isnt allowed to use Ultimate Nullifier.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reed doesn't need the Ultimate Nullifier with a week of prep.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman560: Being bloodlusted doesn't make Reed an idiot, he's the smartest human on Earth for a reason. When you have a weapon that can accidentally destroy the multiverse, you're not going to use it on Luthor.

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Reed > VVD = Lex.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acer51: Sorry for not specifying. Pre characters are for this battle.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Superguy1591

I see that Forever Evil has finally made Lex's intellect finally be respected as one of the greatest minds in comics, but just because Lex outsmarted Batman it doesn't mean that Lex is the greatest mind in comics.

Batman has never been in Lex's league, Batman fans started the fallacy that Batman is the smartest man in DC, albeit with Bruce Timm, Frank Miller and Grant Morrison's help, but Batman isn't even smarter than Stark. Batman's IQ, when not written with PIS, is supposed to be in the 200s. That's not disrespectful to Batman since the average American's IQ is 97 and I only clock in at a super-mediocre 119 (or 109, can't remember, probably 109. =D) and Einstein is 160.

Reed would probably be a 10-12th level intellect in DC, but I still rank Doom with Lex at an 8

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: Thanks for the clarification.

Reed destroys when it comes to science,Lex's only chance is to manipulate Reed or something and that's unlikely in a battle forum setting. Reed wins handily.

I see that Forever Evil has finally made Lex's intellect finally be respected as one of the greatest minds in comics, but just because Lex outsmarted Batman it doesn't mean that Lex is the greatest mind in comics.

Batman has never been in Lex's league, Batman fans started the fallacy that Batman is the smartest man in DC, albeit with Bruce Timm, Frank Miller and Grant Morrison's help, but Batman isn't even smarter than Stark. Batman's IQ, when not written with PIS, is supposed to be in the 200s. That's not disrespectful to Batman since the average American's IQ is 97 and I only clock in at a super-mediocre 119 (or 109, can't remember, probably 109. =D) and Einstein is 160.

Reed would probably be a 10-12th level intellect in DC, but I still rank Doom with Lex at an 8

Oh God dude what's up with you and Batman? Forever Evil has done nothing for Lex's intellect,he doesn't have a single intelligence feat in that series The characters are as smart as the writers want them to be and Miller's Batman was never a genius to even begin with,and Lex has done nothing that Batman couldn't replicate,but ofcourse you'll just dismiss it as PIS.

And these level you keep bringing up dont matter cause there's no way to quantify them,same goes for IQ numbers which are outdated. Bottom line Luthos only better than Batman at inventing and even then a good deal of Lex's creations were made by Lexcorp scientists not Lex,Lex merely supervised the projects.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Superguy1591

@entropy_aegis: Give it a rest, will ya? Lex is smarter than Bruce, it's not just Geoff's opinion, it's Brainiac's opinion and the entire DCU history of the character of Lex Luthor. A man created to match Superman's might with his mind.

Luthor is a big picture guy, he doesn't want to invent things that he pays people to make. He created a cure for cancer, aids and every dieseas known to humanity and he keeps it in his vault LAB (like a boss). He invented the cure for a sickness that plagued his sister in her kitchen.

Learn to live with it, Lex > Bruce.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Give it a rest, will ya? Lex is smarter than Bruce, it's not just Geoff's opinion, it's Brainiac's opinion and the entire DCU history of the character of Lex Luthor. A man created to match Superman's might with his mind.

Luthor is a big picture guy, he doesn't want to invent things that he pays people to make. He created a cure for cancer, aids and every dieseas known to humanity and he keeps it in his vault LAB (like a boss). He invented the cure for a sickness that plagued his sister in her kitchen.

Learn to live with it, Lex > Bruce.

Who cares about Brainiac's opinion? he exists in his own little universe,ever wonder why he never throws down with other cosmics? cause he'd get destroyed in 5 minutes flat,Braniac doesn't matter to the larger DCU. Metron does and Batman outsmarted him.

And Batman created a Lazarus pit in the cave,there's your cure for every disease.

Batman=Lex,cope with it.

LordGrapeSoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reed>Doom>Luthor

Stomp.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Forever Evil says Lex > Batman. Batmam outsmarted Metron? The 12th level intellect? Was this in Morrison's Final Crisis? And you wonder why I would call a Batman feat PIS? Please, Morrison made Bat-God canon. -_-...

Face

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Forever Evil says Lex > Batman. Batmam outsmarted Metron? The 12th level intellect? Was this in Morrison's Final Crisis? And you wonder why I would call a Batman feat PIS? Please, Morrison made Bat-God canon. -_-...

Face

It was in Morrison's JLA,you know the same JL run which is considered the best in franchise history whereas the first year of Johns JL ranks among the worst. It's really clear that you'll dismiss every Batman feat that you dont like as PIS without even determining the context behind it. I dont understand,you complain about Morrison,Miller,Timm,Waid,Snyder,Tomasi blah,blah the list goes on,and yet you think a dismal story written by Geoffcon man with a known history of hating Batman should be considered legit? even Andy Diggle wrote a cool Batman vs Lex story and that too was light years better than Forever mediocre. You've made up your mind,nothing's gonna change that,all you're doing is clinging on to what you think is PIS and the opinion of one writer you prefer while disregarding every other writer even if they are in the majority.

P.S: Batman and Luthor are gonna face off in Tomasi's Batman and Robin,that issue due in August should end all speculation. Tomasi's Batman is more deadlier than even Morrison,if Batman is shown to be inferior in that issue I'll concede that Luthor is better.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By entropy_aegis

@superguy1591 said:

@lordgrapesoda: Lex = Doom, don't get silly.

Based on? Doom created a time machine,he knows magic. Lex has squat on Doom and I much prefer Lex to Doom.

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reed>Doom>Luthor

Stomp.

This,pretty much. Although not a stomp.

Anyway,if it's a prep battle,Richards stomps. Even if you gave him half the amount of time.....

I will say that Lex is a better tactical mind,but that has little bearings here.