#1  Edited By Supreme Marvel
ElusiveStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ElusiveStorm

X-men they have been through hell and back, most of their members could possibly beat him alone due to their extensive experience and training especially Colossus and Wolverine.

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By crazy spidey

Lex, hes almost like batman in terms of prep time

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Supreme Marvel

ElusiveStorm says:

"X-men they have been through hell and back, most of their members could possibly beat him alone due to their extensive experience and training especially Colossus and Wolverine."

you did read the part where Lex has 2 weeks prep time?

I think he could create antidote to stop the x-gene, then there just people with martial arts training, Lex could easily create plan for taking them out.

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Two weeks of prep? Hate to say it, but Luthor wins.

ElusiveStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ElusiveStorm

nah i didnt see the prep time but i think the x-men would have a stroke of luck and actually still win under most circumstances

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

With two weeks Lex can do it.

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

No the hell he can't. Two weeks means what? Whip up a device or two to stop the psychics, Cykes optic blast, Kitty being able to phase shift solid matter into Luthors body? HIGHLY unlikely, Luthor is not Doom.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#9  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Um, why can't he do that? He has a suit that lets him stand up to Superman, so I'm fairly certain it will handle Cyclops. He's gone up against the Justice League, one of whom (two if you count Aquaman) is a psychic, so I'm pretty sure he's already done some thinking about how to stop a telepath, and I really don't think Kitty will be a big problem. She still hears and sees when intangible, so he could use light or sound based weapons on her, and that's just for starters. It wouldn't be a stretch for him to win.

Barry Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Barry Flash

But Lex is really, really smart so i think he could win considering the preparation time.

Why does everyone milk Dr.Doom, i don't think he's even smarter than Lex!

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

Barry Flash says:

"But Lex is really, really smart so i think he could win considering the preparation time.Why does everyone milk Dr.Doom, i don't think he's even smarter than Lex!"

Oooooh don't even compare Doom to that baldy. The only way Lex could win is if he was taken out in the process. Kitty turns intangible, Colossus turns into solid organic steel, Emma goes into diamond form, Professor X mind rapes him, Beast makes his allergies act up, and Wolvie gets in a few cuts.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Ok, so you didn't read what I said and you don't know who is on the Astonishing team?

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

Dude, "Astonishing" is just a title, Professor X is still pretty much the brain of the group. If you want to go by your astonishing x men the only person that shouldn't be in my above response is Professor X. If that link is supposed to reflect the current roster you're missing Lockheed.
Post Edited:2007-11-06 17:53:16

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Buckshot says:

"Ok, so you didn't read what I said and you don't know who is on the Astonishing team?"

click...

http://www.comicvine.com/x-men/3173/#current

then there will be a list of teams, with Astonishing X-Men third one down

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I didn't make the thread. Shazam is using only those mutants listed on the page.

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By crazy spidey

LegendaryKYJ says:

"Dude, "Astonishing" is just a title, Professor X is still pretty much the brain of the group. If you want to go by your astonishing x men the only person that shouldn't be in my above response is Professor X. If that link is supposed to reflect the current roster you're missing Lockheed.
Post Edited:2007-11-06 17:53:16"

Lockheed...? wat the hells he gonna do?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Lord Shazam says:

"Buckshot says:
"I didn't make the thread. Shazam is using only those mutants listed on the page. "

so leave him alone.

Its not my fault the page of x-men hasn't been updated. if your upset about it that much you update it"

What? I'm not upset, I'm just telling him which X-Men we were using based on the instructions you gave, but forget it.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Buckshot says:

"I didn't make the thread. Shazam is using only those mutants listed on the page. "

so leave him alone.

Its not my fault the page of x-men hasn't been updated. if your upset about it that much you update it

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

LegendaryKYJ says:

"Barry Flash says:
"But Lex is really, really smart so i think he could win considering the preparation time.Why does everyone milk Dr.Doom, i don't think he's even smarter than Lex!"

Oooooh don't even compare Doom to that baldy. The only way Lex could win is if he was taken out in the process. Kitty turns intangible, Colossus turns into solid organic steel, Emma goes into diamond form, Professor X mind rapes him, Beast makes his allergies act up, and Wolvie gets in a few cuts."

Lex has fought the League lots of times, M Manhunter=intangible, Superman=Man of Steel, W Woman can do a lot more than Emma, M Manhunter in the same league as Prof. X.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Curb Stump. Thats all I'll say.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

BzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

Lord Shazam says:

"Buckshot says:
so leave him alone. Its not my fault the page of x-men hasn't been updated. if your upset about it that much you update it"

Hides behind Shazam careful... he's got the bat-saw :(

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

Buckshot says:

"Ok, so you didn't read what I said and you don't know who is on the Astonishing team?"

Actually I totally missed what you said, I agree. I hardly think it’s a curb stomp though. For some reason I can't stop thinking of when "Danger" became sentient, I think something like that but less extravagant would happen.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Methos

Lex has gone up against the JLA and come away on top...

he has a Kryptonian battle suit that can survive going hand to hand with Superman and has enough weapons to take down a small country...

i hardly think the X-men prove a insurmountable obstacle for him to overcome... if he really wanted them dead, he could just have his research team develop a biological weapon to kill anyone with a mutation, he's used biogenetic warfare before (see Superman all seasons).

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Its Lex vs the X-Men, not Lex has two years to study and research the mutants of the Marvel U. Why does he get prep time and they don't? Under the same circumstances Forge would have enough time to create a device to render Lex's suit in-operable, and Xavier could just use Cerebra to destroy Lex's mind from the Institute.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Ghostshell

In two weeks he could create a virus to wipe out the mutant population?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Methos

dunno... i'm just going by what was said at the beginning of the thread

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Methos

maybe if he had a test subject...

The DCU has already mapped human DNA, that much is known... so finding a mutation strand and creating a nanotech virus to attack only mutations shouldn't be that much of a stretch for LexCorp

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Don't see it happening in a two week span, especially with 100% efficiency rating. I'm pretty sure Wolverine's healing factor would save him from any virus cooked up in such a short time frame. But I could be wrong.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Ghostshell

The Legacy Virus, but I have no idea if that was a nanovirus or not.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Methos

dunno how effective Wolvie would be against a nanovirus...

has that ever happened in the comics?

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Buckshot says:

"King of Kings says:
"In two weeks he could create a virus to wipe out the mutant population?"

He's created superhumans and was able to shut off their powers. I know they were a different kind of superhuman (not Marvel mutants), but I wouldn't put it past him."

Yeah, cause he created em. He basically gave them there powers, so of course he would know how to shut them off. Without an actual mutant from the Marvel U, I dont see how he could create an effective virus in two weeks.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

King of Kings says:

He's created superhumans and was able to shut off their powers. I know they were a different kind of superhuman (not Marvel mutants), but I wouldn't put it past him.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Methos

hmmmm... could be a way to finally kill Wolverine then...

Wonder if Tony Stark has access to nanotech

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Methos

if he had access to mutant DNA as a comparison to normal DNA, i could see him writing a nanovirus to attack only mutant DNA in two weeks...

dunno how effective a nanovirus would be against people with regenerative ability though

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Methos says:

"if he had access to mutant DNA as a comparison to normal DNA, i could see him writing a nanovirus to attack only mutant DNA in two weeks...dunno how effective a nanovirus would be against people with regenerative ability thoughM"

Could you explain to me what a nanovirus is? How is it administered? Is it air born? How long does it take to kill?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Methos

Post Deleted.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

King of Kings says:

"Buckshot says:
"King of Kings says:

He's created superhumans and was able to shut off their powers. I know they were a different kind of superhuman (not Marvel mutants), but I wouldn't put it past him."

Yeah, cause he created em. He basically gave them there powers, so of course he would know how to shut them off. Without an actual mutant from the Marvel U, I dont see how he could create an effective virus in two weeks."

Yes, I know this. Are you telling me that the knowledge required to be able to grant and take away superhuman abilities will be useless in this situation just because the mutants are a different kind of superhuman? I was making the point that it's not like he's starting from scratch. He has experience with this kind of thing. And this is just in addition to what I said on the first page. He doesn't need to create a virus, but I'm saying it wouldn't be out of his reach.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Buckshot says:

"King of Kings says:
"Buckshot says:
"King of Kings says:

Yeah, cause he created em. He basically gave them there powers, so of course he would know how to shut them off. Without an actual mutant from the Marvel U, I dont see how he could create an effective virus in two weeks."

Yes, I know this. Are you telling me that the knowledge required to be able to grant and take away superhuman abilities will be useless in this situation just because the mutants are a different kind of superhuman? I was making the point that it's not like he's starting from scratch. He has experience with this kind of thing. And this is just in addition to what I said on the first page. He doesn't need to create a virus, but I'm saying it wouldn't be out of his reach."

Shutting the superpowers of people you created, is not even in the same league as taking away the abilities of mutants from another Universe. Maybe if he ALREADY had a mutant (from the Marvel U) to research, but yes, he would be starting from scratch.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Post Deleted.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Buckshot says:

"To give people superpowers he's getting into genetics. Altering DNA. That's *totally* unconnected to how one might turn off superpowers that stem from DNA right?"

He's getting into specific DNA. DNA he created. How would he know anything about the X-Gene?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

To give people superpowers he's getting into genetics. Altering DNA. That's totally unconnected to how one might turn off superpowers that stem from DNA right?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Methos

here comes the science...

Using drugs and surgery, doctors can only encourage tissues to repair themselves. With molecular machines, there will be more direct repairs. Cell repair will utilize the same tasks that living systems already prove possible. Access to cells is possible because biologists can stick needles into cells without killing them. Thus, molecular machines are capable of entering the cell. Also, all specific biochemical interactions show that molecular systems can recognize other molecules by touch, build or rebuild every molecule in a cell, and can disassemble damaged molecules. Finally, cells that replicate prove that molecular systems can assemble every system found in a cell. Therefore, since nature has demonstrated the basic operations needed to perform molecular-level cell repair, in the future, nanomachine based systems will be built that are able to enter cells, sense differences from healthy ones and make modifications to the structure.

The possibilities of these cell repair machines are impressive. Comparable to the size of viruses or bacteria, their compact parts will allow them to be more complex. The early machines will be specialized. As they open and close cell membranes or travel through tissue and enter cells and viruses, machines will only be able to correct a single molecular disorder like DNA damage or enzyme deficiency. Later, cell repair machines will be programmed with more abilities with the help of advanced AI systems.

Nanocomputers will be needed to guide these machines. These computers will direct machines to examine, take apart, and rebuild damaged molecular structures. Repair machines will be able to repair whole cells by working structure by structure. Then by working cell by cell and tissue by tissue, whole organs can be repaired. Finally, by working organ by organ, health is restored to the body. Cells damaged to the point of inactivity can be repaired because of the ability of molecular machines to build cells from scratch. Therefore, cell repair machines will free medicine from reliance on self repair.

A new wave of technology and medicine is being created and its impact on the world is going to be monumental. From the possible applications such as drug delivery and in vivo imaging to the potential machines of the future, advancements in nanomedicine are being made every day. It will not be long for the 10 billion dollar industry to explode into a 100 billion or 1 trillion dollar industry, and drug delivery, in vivo imaging and therapy is just the beginning.

basically Nanites are used to rewrite DNA... wanna know the scary part? this tech isn't scifi... this is here and now...

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By The_Ghostshell

That really didnt answer my questions, or maybe I'm missing it. That seemed to say that nano's create or repair, not destroy. What am I missing?

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

Buckshot says:

"King of Kings says:
"Buckshot says:
"King of Kings says:
Yes, I *know* this. Are you telling me that the knowledge required to be able to grant and take away superhuman abilities will be useless in this situation just because the mutants are a different kind of superhuman? I was making the point that it's not like he's starting from scratch. He has experience with this kind of thing. And this is just in addition to what I said on the first page. He doesn't *need* to create a virus, but I'm saying it wouldn't be out of his reach."

That's apples and oranges. Superhuman and homo superior are different because of the nature of their powers. Although I wouldn't put it past lex tracking the X-gene.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Methos

King of Kings says:

"That really didnt answer my questions, or maybe I'm missing it. That seemed to say that nano's create or repair, not destroy. What am I missing?"

Nanites can do whatever they want to the DNA once they're in...

the stretch from repairing to modifying lies only in the programming of what they're told to do.

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Methos says:

"King of Kings says:
"That really didnt answer my questions, or maybe I'm missing it. That seemed to say that nano's create or repair, not destroy. What am I missing?"

Nanites can do whatever they want to the DNA once they're in...

the stretch from repairing to modifying lies only in the programming of what they're told to do.

M"

Ahhh, gotcha. So how are they introduced into the body?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Methos

more science...

According to Robert Freitas of the Institute for Molecular Manufacturing, a typical blood borne medical nanorobot would be between 0.5-3 micrometres in size, because that is the maximum size possible due to capillary passage requirement. Carbon would be the primary element used to build these nanorobots due to the inherent strength and other characteristics of some forms of carbon (diamond/fullerene composites), and nanorobots would be fabricated in desktop nanofactories specialized for this purpose. Cancer could be treated very effectively, according to nanomedicine advocates. Nanorobots could counter the problem of identifying and isolating cancer cells as they could be introduced into the bloodstream. These nanorobots would search out cancer affected cells using certain molecular markers. Medical nanorobots would then destroy these cells, and only these cells. Nanomedicines could be a very helpful and hopeful therapy for patients, since current treatments like radiation therapy and chemotherapy often end up destroying more healthy cells than cancerous ones. From this point of view, it provides a non-depressed therapy for cancer patients. Nanorobots could also be useful in precision tissue- and cell-targeted drug delivery, in performing nanosurgery [9], and in treatments for hypoxemia and respiratory illness, dentistry, bacteremic infections, physical trauma, gene therapy via chromosome replacement therapy, and even biological aging.

Indefinite lifespan is often predicted to be made available by nanomedicine.

Again... scary stuff because it's here and now technology...

King of Kings says:

"Ahhh, gotcha. So how are they introduced into the body?"

Drink, Food, Air, Injection... pretty much anyway you want

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By The_Ghostshell

How long does it take to kill? Cause it seems Beast, even if he was sick, would be able to come up with a cure real quick for something like that. Wouldnt Lex have to be careful not to infect himself or the population? Sounds like it would be harmful to human's as well.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

King of Kings says:

"Buckshot says:
"To give people superpowers he's getting into genetics. Altering DNA. That's *totally* unconnected to how one might turn off superpowers that stem from DNA right?"

He's getting into specific DNA. DNA he created. How would he know anything about the X-Gene?"

Why don't you think Lex could find out anything about the X-Gene? What do you think prep time is? When we say "whomever with however long prep" do you think they prepare blindly for anything and everything? My understanding of it was always they get time to prepare for the specific threat they're facing, meaning he'd know about them and that they're mutants. I'm not saying he has instant access to every single thing about them (their DNA for example) but Beast was able to get loads of mutant genetic samples in a very short time when he was looking for a cure, why can't Luthor do the same with his prep? You don't think Lex does research? And even if Lex decided not to do anything regarding the X-Gene, he could still attack the rest of them with a virus. There's an X-Gene, not everything is mutated. He could infect them with a virus designed to destroy any part of DNA that wasn't the x-gene.
Post Edited:2007-11-07 05:00:38