Lets settle this; once and for all! Tournament! (Sign up sheet)

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By renamed040924

Here's how it goes: over the course of Comicvine, as well as Internet in general, there have been countless Who VS Who debates, some more popular then others. Goku VS Superman, Wolverine VS Spider man, Batman VS Captain America, all these and more have spun countless debates and arguments, with never a clear winner in sight. I aim to change that.

I will select 8 classic, done-to-death battles that people are just dying to settle, and YOU will all pick a side and defend it. For example; one battle may be Superman VS Thor. One, and only one, person will defend each character, in a debate lasting exactly 6 posts, 3 for each side. At the end of the 6 posts, once each side has made their point, voting will commence. Voting will last exactly 3 days (or until no one else votes). At the end of those 3 days, the winner of the round will be revealed, and we will move on to the next debate. Simple as that.

A more in depth analasys is to follow, for now, I just want to see if people care. So, without further adu, here are the first round fights!

Superman VS Thor

Deadpool VS Deathstroke

Solid Snake VS Punisher

Spider man VS Wolverine

So, just a recap, here's how it goes. You come in, and call dibs on a match, and the character you're defending (it's first come first serve so better act fast!)

For example, I would come in this thread, and say,

"Wow! Great idea Nick! Your so smart and awesome, I wish I were you! Anyway, I'd like to take my hand at the Superman VS Thor debate, and I will be backing up Supes, cause he's awesome."

Then it will be set in stone that you, will will be defending Superman in the official match. (Individual threads will be put up for each match!)

Once all of the above matches are finished, the number of players will be lowered from 8 to 4, seeing as some people lost. Once that's done, 2 NEW matches will be placed, with the same pattern as before; people calls dibs on the character they're defending, debate takes place, voting commences, and a winner is chosen. Finally, the last remaining two contestants will duke it out, in the final debate. Whoever wins that debate, will forever be hailed as one of the single greatest debaters in the history of Comicvine! And, as an added bonus, we'll finally get to see an end to some of these long overdue matches.

So, once again I repeat, the current matches to choose from are,

Superman VS Thor

Deadpool VS Deathstroke

Solid Snake VS Punisher

Spider man VS Wolverine

If you would like to play but don't like any of those matches, feel free to suggest an alternate one and I'll see what I can do.

Note- As of now, with 4 available matches and 2 people on each, there are 8 available spots to take. I doubt I'll even get that many, but if by some miracle we have MORE then 8 people willing to play, I'd be happy to add extra matches in.

Feel free to ask any and all questions, and if all is good, pick your side!

*Again, feel free to suggest alternate matches.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jeanroygrant

Maybe me for Superman vs Thor one..

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Saren

Every single Deadpool vs Deathstroke thread was settled the minute it was created.

crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By crackerjack82

@CitizenBane:

yeah while Deadpool has a great HF, and is banned from dying, His attention span is way to short to deal with deathstroke, skill wise is closer than people think, but unlike deadpool deathstroke can use all his skills

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Saren

@crackerjack82 said:

@CitizenBane:

yeah while Deadpool has a great HF, and is banned from dying, His attention span is way to short to deal with deathstroke, skill wise is closer than people think, but unlike deadpool deathstroke can use all his skills

It's not close. Healing is literally the only thing Deadpool has over Slade. That and depth perception.

Avatar image for __________________________

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crackerjack82 said:

@CitizenBane:

I hate when people mention that. It's irrelevant unless it's a fight to the death.

Which Deadpool should never be involved in.

crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crackerjack82

@CitizenBane: yes i am doing a copy and paste,

Slade

Trained in hand-to-hand combat and when he was in the Army, he proved himself to be one of their best fighters. During this time, he received Martial Arts training through Boxing, Jujitsu and Karate. After mastering these Martial arts he furthered his studies when he sought an assassin known as Natas to train him in the ways of Ninja and had studied assassination techniques. After this he became the man known as the Deathstroke. His physical prowess is so great that he fought Batman to a near standstill and Batman only defeated him during the Infinite Crisis storyline when he had the help of Nightwing and Robin.

Wade

• Master Martial Artist: Deadpool is an extraordinary hand-to-hand combatant and is a master in multiple unarmed combat techniques. He has been shown fighting such amazingly skilled fighters as Wolverine and Taskmaster and even defeating them in hand to hand combat. This shows that Deadpool himself is among the most skilled fighters in the Marvel universe.
  • Master Assassin: He is a master of assassination techniques, espionage methods, covert operations, infiltration methods, escape artistry, marksmanship, and is highly skilled with many bladed weapons (frequently carrying two swords strapped to his back), and a number of other weapons including firearms.

Closer than people Think, but again Slade uses his brain, where as wade, kinda misses the whole use of the brain

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sandiego008

*shakes magic 8 balll* ... yeah nothing good will come from this thread .. just more hate on hate.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Saren

@crackerjack82: Do I really need to point out that wikis are fan-edited? Seriously, Slade is better at nearly everything.

crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crackerjack82

@CitizenBane: no you dont, its called being lazy due to being up for to many hours, yet no being able to sleep, I am not in ANYWAY saying slade looses, not saying it would be close, maybe is deadpool wasnt dumb#$%^ crazy, then it may be a closer fight, but in terms of skills, WADE has them, just has no way of using them

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Saren

@crackerjack82: LOL ok. It's cool.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jeanroygrant
No Caption Provided

@crackerjack82 said:

@CitizenBane: no you dont, its called being lazy due to being up for to many hours, yet no being able to sleep, I am not in ANYWAY saying slade looses, not saying it would be close, maybe is deadpool wasnt dumb#$%^ crazy, then it may be a closer fight, but in terms of skills, WADE has them, just has no way of using them

Let's just say Deadpool is cooler and funnier!

Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I will defend Thor.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sherlock

Interesting idea though most of the battle you chose are one sided IE Wade Vs Slade and Snake Vs Punisher.Clear winner in both.The only ones who debate it are fans of the character

Void_Paladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Void_Paladin

I will defend Superman.

Edit: I can only defend him if we are using Pre-Flashpoint Clark. Give me about 9 more issues before I back his Post-Flashpoint version.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By renamed040924

@The Man of Yesteryear said:

I will defend Thor.

@Void_Paladin said:

I will defend Superman.

Edit: I can only defend him if we are using Pre-Flashpoint Clark. Give me about 9 more issues before I back his Post-Flashpoint version.

Noted.

@CitizenBane said:

Every single Deadpool vs Deathstroke thread was settled the minute it was created.

Very well. Someone else feel free to suggest another fight.

@Sherlock said:

Interesting idea though most of the battle you chose are one sided IE Wade Vs Slade and Snake Vs Punisher.Clear winner in both.The only ones who debate it are fans of the character

It seems the people have spoken about DS VS DP, but Snake VS Punisher is indeed close. I was thinking this would be a shootout. If your with Punisher, feel free to sign up and you can go against me :)

@sandiego008 said:

*shakes magic 8 balll* ... yeah nothing good will come from this thread .. just more hate on hate.

I've been posting on Comicvine for a few days now, and I think most of us here are intelligent enough to avoid that.