#1 Edited by Ricky_Gervais (144 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine has been transported back to the time of Leonidas, right, and Leonidas thinks that he is one of those Persian geezers, so they fight.

This is a fight to the death without morals.

Leonidas from film, same with Wolvie, alright.

Leonidas has his shield, spear, sword, greaves, cape and helmet.

Wolvie has his costume and powers, exempt no adamantium lacing his bones, got that pal.

Okay mateys, let's go.

(EDIT) Wolverine also has a katana, cos I know he's a samurai and that, so yeah basically....

#2 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ricky_Gervais: Leo snaps Wolvie's bone claws right before he snaps wolvie's neck

#3 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

Well without adamantium, its possible for Leonidas to decapitate Logan, I really dont know who should win, right now I think Wolverine should win, need to think about this one

#4 Posted by Bo88gdan (4405 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine

#5 Posted by Ricky_Gervais (144 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer: That, right is a good theory mate. Cheers for the input here.

#6 Posted by mightyzeus (169 posts) - - Show Bio

leonidas yells THIS IS SPARTA and wolverine falls

#7 Posted by BigCimmerian (8305 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine wins, effortless curbstomp

#8 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine via healing factor.

#9 Posted by Spartan101 (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

yep.

#10 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

wolvie is a better swordsman anyway.he would win without his claws at all

#11 Posted by Strider92 (16454 posts) - - Show Bio

@karetaker said:

wolvie is a better swordsman anyway.he would win without his claws at all

Movie Wolverine has never shown any ability to use a sword......

#12 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: he was never in a situation where he needed to.

#13 Posted by Strider92 (16454 posts) - - Show Bio

@karetaker said:

@Strider92: he was never in a situation where he needed to.

But bone claw Wolverine (which we saw in X-men origins) hasn't been trained in swordplay yet as at the end of the film it showed him in Japan and that was after his adamantium. Thus if we're using Movie bone-claw Logan he wouldn't have been trained in anything yet.

#14 Posted by Erik (32787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ricky_Gervais:

Movie Wolverine has not yet been established as a samurai. He is barely a competent fighter. Leo against bone claw movie Wolverine is going to destroy good old James.

#15 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2991 posts) - - Show Bio

King Leonidas with a decapitation ftw!.......against this version of Logan

#16 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: what inclines you to use the Xmen origins wolvie when he had a camo in first class.

#17 Edited by Strider92 (16454 posts) - - Show Bio

@karetaker said:

@Strider92: what inclines you to use the Xmen origins wolvie when he had a camo in first class.

Well there are some inaccuracy's between First Class and Origins. First class was supposed to take place after Origin which can be seen by the fact Emma Frost is no longer a teenager (Wolverine freed her in Origins) and yet that took place in 1973 whereas the whole of FC took place in 1963. So even if we look past the whole Emma Frost thing and say FC happened first that would mean the events of Origins hadn't occurred (granted it could have been after he'd left weapon X for that time before meeting SilverFox). So no matter which way we look at it Logan would not have had his sword training yet as:

-If FC was before all the events of Wolverine: Origins then Logan wouldn't have had his adimantium or gone to Japan anyway.

-If FC was after Origins (which seems more likely considering Frost's age. Even though they screwed up the dates) then it didn't take place straight after the events of Origins as Logan was shown heading straight for Japan where he stayed for years so he wouldn't have been in New York for Mags and X to try and recruit.

This is all a mute point anyway as we haven't seen any of Logan's sword skills on the screen yet so there's no point in even debating this as we're going of feats he doesn't have. We can't simply assume Wolverine is the better swordsman simply because he should be. Movie hero's don't tend to be as good as their comic counter parts so it wouldn't surprise me if Leonidas was the better fighter but we can't say either for sure so we'll have to reserve judgement until The Wolverine comes out and go on the feats that Wolverine actually has. Logan has no feats in swordplay thus Leonidas is the better swordsman until proven otherwise.

#18 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian: @BigCimmerian said:

This

#19 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: your right about arguing about non existent feats. and i wont even get into the nitpicking about Emma's age.

#20 Posted by Strider92 (16454 posts) - - Show Bio

@karetaker said:

@Strider92: your right about arguing about non existent feats. and i wont even get into the nitpicking about Emma's age.

Yeah best leave Emma's age thing alone lol I don't even think Fox know what happened there.

#21 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

Do you people saying Leonidas know who wolverine is?

#22 Posted by cooljammy18 (961 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you people saying Wolverine bother reading the OP or are you saying Wolverine wins because he's Wolverine? Wolverine was a terrible fighter in the movie, I might give it to him to him because he's faster, but I think Leonidas could decapitate him.

#23 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine wins easily

#24 Posted by XMen1963 (484 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

You have it completely backwards.

#25 Posted by Mad8Baller (494 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie Boneclaw Wolverine - severe lack of feats.  Even normal Wolverine has a severe lack of feats.
I could definitely see Leonidas bashing Wolverine in the face with his giant shield and then stabbing him with his spear.
Wolverine would be able to regenerate from the spear, but by that time, Leonidas would've swapped to his sword and he would have a huge advantage.
And if you include spear throwing.  I'm under the impression Leonidas always aims for the head.

#26 Posted by Ricky_Gervais (144 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

It seems to me, right, that you say stomp or easy win for so and so on pretty much all the threads you go on, okay, and you know, its just kind of rude, actually, so yeah, an apology would be nice.

#27 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (6356 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's not pretend there exists any kind of logic, rhyme or reason between Marvel's 616 canon and the chronological layout of events in any of the X films. For assuredly, there is none to speak of. It's a jumbled mess only loosely related to the world of comics from whence they came.

The only thing the movie version got right are Logan's mutton chops.

Movie Wolvie is a brawler. He really didn't show anything resembling top tier martial skill. Leonidas has limbs flying all over the place in 300. Without the metal, I see him doing that to James here as well.

#28 Posted by Barry West (148 posts) - - Show Bio

@mightyzeus said:

leonidas yells THIS IS SPARTA and wolverine falls

This

#29 Posted by BigCimmerian (8305 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ricky_Gervais said:

@BigCimmerian said:

It seems to me, right, that you say stomp or easy win for so and so on pretty much all the threads you go on, okay, and you know, its just kind of rude, actually, so yeah, an apology would be nice.

Didn't see it is movie version of Wolverine, wolverine still wins, but with some effort

#30 Posted by ShootingNova (17038 posts) - - Show Bio

Boneclaw Wolverine gets snapped.

#31 Posted by jupitersmoon (2 posts) - - Show Bio

They decide to settle their differences in the sauna ancient-greek style. Leonidas emerges with a few scrapes but a big smile on his face.

#32 Posted by Ricky_Gervais (144 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Won't his healing factor come into play

#33 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2991 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ricky_Gervais....Not if Leonidas takes Logans head off, which is very possible given Wolvie has no Adamantium bones...Plus the Spartan King has shown WAY better h2h feats with his weapons/gear than Wolverine throughout all the X-movies he's been in.....the only chance I'd give Logan is if he had his metal bones

#34 Posted by Ricky_Gervais (144 posts) - - Show Bio

@SHAZAM117: If he had his adamantium he wouldn't be opposed by Leonidas very much mate.

#35 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

Leonidas takes this. If Wolvie had his 'real' bones he'd destroy the spartan.

#36 Posted by ShootingNova (17038 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ricky_Gervais: All that really happens is he heals a bit, but Wolverine without his adamantium would get annihilated,

#37 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

Leonidas could win if he gets a chance to kick Wolverine into that hole to the centre of the Earth he has at his house. Other than that Wolverine will win this

#38 Posted by sa5m (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

The Wolverine he still has the healing ability =)

#39 Posted by IKnowEverything (359 posts) - - Show Bio

leonidas would destroy him.

#40 Posted by Super_Perfect_Cell (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch said:

Wolverine via healing factor.
#41 Posted by Ricky_Gervais (144 posts) - - Show Bio

@sa5m: Do you think that Leonidas could inflict some permanent damage or not mate?

#42 Edited by ShootingNova (17038 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ricky_Gervais:If Wolverine does not have his adamantium he won't just charge recklessly like that. He can land a few blows but probably no telling ones. However, he knows a lot of martial arts and that could give him (possibly) the victory.

#43 Posted by Ricky_Gervais (144 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Do you think that he knows better hand to hand than Leonidas then?

#44 Posted by ShootingNova (17038 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ricky_Gervais: That depends. He has trained in numerous martial arts and would have the advantage in unarmed combat, however with his weapons Leonidas is a force to be reckoned with.