• 106 results
#51 Posted by MatthewParker (3208 posts) - - Show Bio

"Rubbish 90's show" *gasps* how dare you!

#52 Edited by Aeon-Rising (458 posts) - - Show Bio

Leonardo is best when his mind is at peace. Raphael is best when bloodlusted. Under these conditions Raphael wins. Leonardo would have trouble beating him under normal conditions but in a angry fight he has no chance. Same goes for the other turtles.

You also should factor in the (little talked about) weapon advantage he would have against Leo. It's a offensive and defensive weapon perfectly suited to beat the sword.

#53 Posted by dondave (38887 posts) - - Show Bio

Raph

#54 Posted by Wolverine08 (45538 posts) - - Show Bio

Leonardo is best when his mind is at peace. Raphael is best when bloodlusted. Under these conditions Raphael wins. Leonardo would have trouble beating him under normal conditions but in a angry fight he has no chance. Same goes for the other turtles.

You also should factor in the (little talked about) weapon advantage he would have against Leo. It's a offensive and defensive weapon perfectly suited to beat the sword.

When has this been noted? Splinter has been trying to get Raph to be rid of his anger throughout the entirety of the current TMNT series.

#55 Edited by Aeon-Rising (458 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@aeon-rising said:

When has this been noted? Splinter has been trying to get Raph to be rid of his anger throughout the entirety of the current TMNT series.

He has always fought better pissed off by himself. Splinter's teachings is more about channeling his emotions for the sake of the team. Since his style often does not fit within the group. (Not unlike Wolverine with the X-men) This is a solo competition so his rage will benefit him. Leonardo is not good at fighting angry but Raphael is.

#56 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8851 posts) - - Show Bio
#57 Posted by Wolverine08 (45538 posts) - - Show Bio

And I thought I was the only one who always thought Raph should win.

#58 Edited by MonsterStomp (20302 posts) - - Show Bio
#59 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8851 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion it'd be:

• Raph
  • Leo
  • Donnie
  • Mikey

Mostly because Mike's weapon is just north of useless and he goofs off so much. It's debatable who's more skilled between Mikey and Donnie.

#60 Posted by Wolverine08 (45538 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Clearly missed my comment 9 months before.

Ain't nobody got time to read your comments from 9 months ago!

#61 Posted by MonsterStomp (20302 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Just sayin'. You ain't the instiller of ideas!

#62 Posted by Wolverine08 (45538 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

In my opinion it'd be:

• Raph
  • Leo
  • Donnie
  • Mikey

Mostly because Mike's weapon is just north of useless and he goofs off so much. It's debatable who's more skilled between Mikey and Donnie.

IMO, Mikey has the greatest natural talent. He just knows how to fight like he's more connected to his past life than any of the other brothers really whereas Leo has the highest amount of technical skill honed through training the most. Donny really isn't as naturally talented as Mike and he as disciplined as Leo so I'd say he's most likely the least skilled overall even though he isn't a slouch in a fight. Speaking of the IDW versions of course.

#63 Posted by Wolverine08 (45538 posts) - - Show Bio
#64 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8851 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier said:

@wolverine08 said:

In my opinion it'd be:

• Raph
  • Leo
  • Donnie
  • Mikey

IMO, Mikey has the greatest natural talent. He just knows how to fight like he's more connected to his past life than any of the other brothers really whereas Leo has the highest amount of technical skill honed through training the most. Donny really isn't as naturally talented as Mike and he as disciplined as Leo so I'd say he's most likely the least skilled overall even though he isn't a slouch in a fight. Speaking of the IDW versions of course.

If you strictly speaking IDW yeah Donnie has shown the least overall, but he's also done the least amount of fighting.

I'd say Raph has the most natural talent, because even though he's missed a decent amount of training he can still fight with the best of them. Leo is the most well trained, but restrains himself unlike Raph and he's also less impressive physically.

#65 Posted by DeathHero61 (7112 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokergeist said:

@ghostravage said:

This was done already by Screwattack's "Death Battle"

I like how the Bias Screw attack pit Don against Raph while Leo had the easy Mike. It was dumb and bias.

Leo vs Don and Raph vs Mike. Raph would be in the best shape and win that fight against Leo.

If it was just 1 on 1 of Raph and Leo, Raph would win, his Sais are made to disarm Sword users. Leo is at a disadvantage already. Plus Raph is more brutal.

How were they biased may i ask? Because people always call death battle biased when their favorite characters lose. Best example being goku vs superman. Plus:

@kainboa said:

This has already been done in several of the various incarnations of the Turtles, and Leo is consistently the most skilled fighter of the quartet, capable of taking down the other three at the same time.

This.

#66 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22963 posts) - - Show Bio
#67 Posted by termiteone4ever (7983 posts) - - Show Bio

Raphael for sure

#68 Posted by Wyldsong (5898 posts) - - Show Bio

As of issue 32, seems to me it would more clearly be Leo in the current IDW run...

#69 Edited by Wolverine08 (45538 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong said:

As of issue 32, seems to me it would more clearly be Leo in the current IDW run...

I missed 32, what happened?

#70 Edited by Stormdriven (5817 posts) - - Show Bio

Leonardo most likely.

#71 Edited by Wyldsong (5898 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong said:

I missed 32, what happened?

I'll spoiler block this one for those that have not read the issue.

In issue 31, basically Koya is introduced, and like a boss manhandles everyone she comes across. Which is mainly Splinter, Mikey, and Donnie, since Raph decides to blame Alopex and tries to take her down, leaving the group alone. Leo makes his entrance, and in issue 32 proceeds to turn the tides against Koya and the Foot assassins. He showed a lot of skill that fight, and hands down had the best showings of skill out of them all, though Mikey did have an awesome scene with a motorcycle that I won't spoil. Regardless, had Leo not snapped out of his funk and shown up when he did, Koya and the assassins would have probably taken the group down, especially since Raph lost his temper and went after Alopex. Koya was shown to be a grade A bad arse though...

The way Leo dealt with Koya in the end was pretty frickin awesome too, though I won't spoil that one either.

#72 Edited by Wyldsong (5898 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: IDW is definitely rocking it with this new series.

#73 Edited by Sherlock (7181 posts) - - Show Bio

Raph is always depicted at being the strongest fighter overall. That being said Leo is a close second and the nord mentally savvy of the two.

An angry Raph is a stupid one and Leo will have his number every single time. Lets face it when it comes to making Raph mad no one does it better than Leo

#74 Posted by Wolverine08 (45538 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: Thanks for the info, I'll have to try get that issue, and I agree, the current TMNT series from IDW is freaking awesome. The art, story, characterization, etc. Everything's on point. I'm hyped to see where this current arc following Shredder's control of New York goes.

#75 Posted by Wyldsong (5898 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Issue 33, they make it back to the city...

Awesome showing of skill in the opening, as the turtles take out some thugs, on a street out in the open, with little to hide behind/under...and they do it without once being spotted by the very thugs they took out. Major stealth and speed showing.

I am glad you started reading it though. There were talks of the series ending by issue 50...but now there are some rumblings that it may continue on for a bit longer than that.

#76 Edited by Wolverine08 (45538 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: Yeah, I actually read issue 33. Really enjoyed. I'm especially enjoying Hun's characterization. Even though he is an arsehole, I can feel for him and what's motivating him. Interested in seeing where his character arc goes. I've heard the issues about the series ending at issue 50, fanboy in me is hoping it gets to 100. *Crosses fingers*

#77 Posted by ComicStooge (13860 posts) - - Show Bio
#78 Posted by Wolverine08 (45538 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Batman solos all 4 turtles.

Was that even questionable? Batman solos everything he comes across. Well, everything but Daredevil in a H2H fight. I proved this against Saren no less today.

#79 Posted by Wyldsong (5898 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Well, get the issue with the fight against Koya, it was truly epic.

As for Hun, I can definitely agree. They have done a good job of humanizing him, even though he is an arse, and really make you feel for him and the decisions he is having to make. The writing team and the art team are beyond phenomenal. I am glad @k4tzm4n got me interested in the series.

#80 Posted by k4tzm4n (34903 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: Yeah, I actually read issue 33. Really enjoyed. I'm especially enjoying Hun's characterization. Even though he is an arsehole, I can feel for him and what's motivating him. Interested in seeing where his character arc goes. I've heard the issues about the series ending at issue 50, fanboy in me is hoping it gets to 100. *Crosses fingers*

They have plans up to 50 but to go beyond that is based on sales, apparently. They want to... just a matter of if they can. That's why I push so hard when it comes to getting more TMNT fans to pick up the comic. I wish a fraction of the people who talk passionately about the movie would give the comic a shot, you know?

@wyldsong said:

@wolverine08: Well, get the issue with the fight against Koya, it was truly epic.

As for Hun, I can definitely agree. They have done a good job of humanizing him, even though he is an arse, and really make you feel for him and the decisions he is having to make. The writing team and the art team are beyond phenomenal. I am glad @k4tzm4n got me interested in the series.

Well, I'm happy to help!

Staff
#81 Posted by Wyldsong (5898 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Every time I talk about it, I have nothing but praise for the series, and I really try to push others to read it, as I really want the series to keep on going. Hopefully if we keep spreading the word, it will catch on=)

#82 Edited by k4tzm4n (34903 posts) - - Show Bio
@wyldsong said:

@k4tzm4n: Every time I talk about it, I have nothing but praise for the series, and I really try to push others to read it, as I really want the series to keep on going. Hopefully if we keep spreading the word, it will catch on=)

Yeah, I think the only story I wasn't a big fan of was the Krang/Neutrino one.

Staff
#83 Posted by Wolverine08 (45538 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: I agree. If you can jive with the movies, you can most certainty jive with the comics! You gotta support those smaller forms of media if you really love the franchise.

#84 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

DeatH Battle already did it!

-ABstract4$$#073-

#85 Posted by Wyldsong (5898 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:
@wyldsong said:

Yeah, I think the only story I wasn't a big fan of was the Krang/Neutrino one.

I do agree, it was probably weaker story wise, though still fun=)

I need to go into feat gathering mode and CaV with these guys at some point...

#86 Edited by Wyldsong (5898 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: I agree. If you can jive with the movies, you can most certainty jive with the comics! You gotta support those smaller forms of media if you really love the franchise.

Hellz yeah!

#87 Edited by Wolverine08 (45538 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong said:

@wolverine08 said:

Hellz yeah!

#88 Posted by Wyldsong (5898 posts) - - Show Bio
#89 Posted by XxGin (1447 posts) - - Show Bio

Leonardo! His the leader in blue, does what ever he needs to do to get his ninjas through!

#90 Posted by w0nd (4045 posts) - - Show Bio

they have all bested each other at some point in some series, but usually it comes down to raph or leo, thats up for grabs. i think they are so insanely close that the only thing deciding leadership is their mentality. Which is something the new show has shown on more than one occasion

#91 Posted by Obtrusive (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

Poor mikey not getting any love. I would say leo, he is my favorite anyhow so im biased im sure. Maybe computer simulate it.

#92 Posted by sECUREij (72 posts) - - Show Bio

@obtrusive: well there is the whole problem of his lack of decipline. Yes he's the most naturally gifted, but as the old saying goes "Practise beats beat Natural Talent, when Natural Talent doesn't practise" I'm not saying he doesn't train, like a lot of people seem think. But the fact that when compared to Raph and Leo, who train 24/7. His more laxed train when needed personality will always work against him

#93 Posted by Wolverine08 (45538 posts) - - Show Bio

Raph.

#94 Posted by BoringPerson (2657 posts) - - Show Bio

Bonus round: Arts and crafts contest with traditional paints sent to an average university art professor. Plotwist, they're up against a hipster entering a broken bottle and duct tape lady gags inspired dress.

#95 Posted by MonsterStomp (20302 posts) - - Show Bio

Raph is badass.

#96 Posted by Knightfall225 (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

Leo wins but the two left standing are Ralph and Leo

#97 Posted by NinjaWarrior268 (2113 posts) - - Show Bio

Leo because he's the only one who could solo the Shredder

#98 Posted by DaredevilDD78 (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

Raphael is my favorite, so he wins

#99 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22963 posts) - - Show Bio

Mikey, he is a natural. And his jokey humor is Raphs weakness.

#100 Posted by tparks (5365 posts) - - Show Bio

If we're talking IDW turtles. Mikey wins. He's had by far the most impressive feats that the other turtles simply can't rival.

In my opinion it would go:

IDW

1. Mikey - Superior in every way, besides strategy. Even with strategy though, he pulls some nice off the wall strategy out of his butt that his brothers don't think of.
  2. Leo or Donny - Not because they are more skilled then Raph (well, Leo is), but because they have shown the greatest understanding of their brother's abilities and actually put strategy in action during a fight.
  3. Probably Donny.
  4. Raph - He could pull the third spot from Donny - His best skill feat has been beating Alopex a few times, which is more impressive then most people give him credit.

Mirage

1. Raph
  2. Leo
  3. Mikey
  4. Donny

TMNT movie

1. Raph
  2. Leo
  3. Donny
  4. Mikey

80's 90's Cartoon Turtles

1. Mikey