No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

Round 1:

H2H only.

Round 2:

H2H and knife fight.

Leon has his hunting knife from RE4.

Riddick has only one of his bladed weapons(no dual Ulaks).

Takes place:

No Caption Provided

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

leon gets killed.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

good fight but riddick is bordeline superhuman.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Carter_esque
No Caption Provided

@kyrees said:

leon gets killed.

Mismatch

Avatar image for alessandro_souzamarques
alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

good fight but riddick is bordeline superhuman.

Leon is superhuman on some stats.

@kyrees said:

leon gets killed.

Mismatch

Why?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alessandro_souzamarques: he's not superhuman, he's a trained human that game logic sometimes turns him above that. riddick is "superhuman" or a trained furyan, which is superior to a human

Nuffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Riddick

DatSwampertAzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DatSwampertAzz

riddick with the swift body bag

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By mickey-mouse

Riddick stomps, kills him and says a cool one liner.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Riddick in a borderline stomp.

Jmarshmallow

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Riddick

alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

@alessandro_souzamarques: he's not superhuman, he's a trained human that game logic sometimes turns him above that. riddick is "superhuman" or a trained furyan, which is superior to a human

There isn't such thing as "game logic" . So we're going to say all Leon's feats which put him above a "normal" trained human are invalid because it's "game logic"?. Furyans are HUMANS ADAPTED to planet Furya. In fact it's said that Furyans are only stronger and faster, with better senses than a ordinary man because they're but not superhuman (peak human at best). Leon is superhuman for the same reason as Riddick, because of his feats.

Hold his own against Krauser:

Loading Video...

Who is strong enough to do this:

00:07

Loading Video...

Holds the combined weigh of Angela and G-monster Curtis Miller with one arm and keeping himself from falling with one leg at 1:17:10

Loading Video...

Stalemated Chris while trying to subdue and calm him down:

Loading Video...

Who can do this:

Loading Video...

He also has shown to be extremely agile, even more than Riddick.

I made this thread because they're in fact even.

They aren't going to have an easy time fighting each other.

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Riddick is an alpha class furyan. He has enhanced strength, stamina, and speed. Both men are extremely resourceful, resilient, and determine. I give Riddick the edge here.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alessandro_souzamarques: when humans adapt to something over time so long that they need to be identified by another name entirely (Furyans)...they're not just human anymore. And by "he's only faster, stronger, better senses..." you mean....better than a human in every way? That's "peak human" in base stats, then Riddick is trained on top of it.

Human<trained human=/=Furyan<trained furian.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alessandro_souzamarques: a furyan is basically above human because of what they adapted to. riddick is a trained alpha furyan, which is even higher than a basic furyan. he does not tire easily as a human does. he's more agile and he also has his wrath of the furyan. leon is a trained human. by game logic, he should be dead on several shot or wounds in the game or even do impossible things (like that boulder rolling of chris redfield, something that big won't even budge even if it's punched like hell). leon is not the same as riddick and riddick is more than capable of whooping his ass.

alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelocust619 said:

@alessandro_souzamarques: when humans adapt to something over time so long that they need to be identified by another name entirely (Furyans)...they're not just human anymore. And by "he's only faster, stronger, better senses..." you mean....better than a human in every way? That's "peak human" in base stats, then Riddick is trained on top of it.

Human<trained human=/=Furyan<trained furian.

Furyans adapted to the climate of the Planet Furya. That has nothing to do with combat prowess.

Stronger, faster and with better senses than you or me (ordinary humans), but they aren't above peak human. Furyans are known to be a race of "powerful warriors". They are all trained. Riddick would be more skilled (and supposed to be a little stronger) than most Furyans due to being an alpha Furyan.

Leon's feats show he is stronger, faster, more agile, with more endurance than a "normal" peak human.

I know both characters pretty well.

I can show you all of their feats if you want.

Because the only way we can compare them both is to compare their feats, saying Riddick >>> Leon just because he's a Furyan is a rather poor argument since Johns gave him a good fight, even breaking his arm.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kyrees

@alessandro_souzamarques: http://riddick.wikia.com/wiki/Furyans it reads otherwise. leon's feat don't show anything beyond trained human capability and you are arguing on gameplay mechanics. we do not use gameplay mechanics or any characters becomes god because of sheer PIS or player reaction

you are using chris redfield's infamous boulder rolling video. that scene jumped the shark in the series.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

@alessandro_souzamarques: a furyan is basically above human because of what they adapted to. riddick is a trained alpha furyan, which is even higher than a basic furyan. he does not tire easily as a human does. he's more agile and he also has his wrath of the furyan. leon is a trained human. by game logic, he should be dead on several shot or wounds in the game or even do impossible things (like that boulder rolling of chris redfield, something that big won't even budge even if it's punched like hell). leon is not the same as riddick and riddick is more than capable of whooping his ass.

You're applying real world logic to an action video game. We can't disregard Leon's feats just because the fact that he's human, if we disregarded everything that wasn't possible than the structure of the entire franchise would be PIS, as I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as science juice that reanimates dead cells.

Leon doesn't tire easily either, throughout RE2, 4, and 6 he would be fighting for hours on end without any sleep or rest, whereas even the finest real-world warriors usually tire within about 15 minutes of hard combat, Leon would fight progressively stronger and stronger opponents with no detriment. During last year's Damnation, Leon was able to battle two mutated Super Tyrants simultaneously while dragging around Buddy's halfdead butt, and after an entire day of fighting, Leon was prepared to engage them using only his combat knife after running out of ammo. Yes a few gunshots will kill Leon, but you're acting like the same isn't true for Riddick.

As it stands, Leon is quicker, stronger, and more skilled. He has a superior arsenal of standard equipment, and his combat style (both ranged and close quarters) makes use of his uncanny agility to a far greater degree than Riddick's does. I'd like to see Riddick stalemate a soldier as experienced and highly renowned as Chris Redfield, or hold open the jaws of a mutated shark with his bare hands, or survive being slammed around by monsters who can overturn tanks.

Avatar image for oy_the_billy_bumbler
Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. I'm amazed there is this much support for Riddick. I was assuming everyone would say this is an easy win for Leon, who has fought and beaten much tougher opponents then Riddick.

alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

LOL. I'm not talking about game mechanics, but rather what happens in cutscenes and CGI movies. What happens in those shows off the character's capability. Just because you don't like the fact those characters can do what they did do isn't going to make the feats disappear.

Some of Leon's feats put him above Riddick on categories like being faster and more agile than Riddick. All based on feats.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. I'm amazed there is this much support for Riddick. I was assuming everyone would say this is an easy win for Leon, who has fought and beaten much tougher opponents then Riddick.

Riddick is very popular on Comic Vine.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kyrees

@nickzambuto: and this is why i don't like the newer versions of resident evil. the sheer amount of PIS that has amounted there makes it impossible for me to take it seriously (of course, the whole game series is quite amusingly off the bat that by the release resident evil nemesis, it was still quite plausible. beyond that ? smh).

anyway, the basic trained body can go on hours on non strenouos activities and as far as i remember, the storylines only amounted to hours at a time. most of that time, it's not even hard combat and it's mostly dodging or evading stuff. the movie itself is still realistic that they weren't doing hard combat all day and they mostly dodged the two tyrants. they were not fighting it head on. i'm not saying riddick is immune to bullets, i'm saying riddick is far more skilled than leon and he's more than capable of killing him easily.

OP states no weapons except for knifes for round 2. riddick's combat style allows him to close the gap in between fights easily. i'm wholly ignoring the gameplay mechanic of the series because at that point, it became ridiculous. seriously, holding a shark's mouth open without any support ? leon can might as well fight normal hulk for that matter. :p

alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that's more like it.

I thought everybody was only going to say Riddick stomps, mismatch.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alessandro_souzamarques: you used the chris redfield boulder bashing incident. for all intents and purposes, that was gameplay mechanic and PIS. you would used leon's battle with that mutated shark ?! seriously, you might as well argue he can fight hulk.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Riddick is pretty quick himself, so I don't see Leon being above him there. Also, Riddick uses his agility all the time, that is how he casually kills people armed with future tech, while he only has a knife.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for oy_the_billy_bumbler
Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oy_the_billy_bumbler said:

Riddick is very popular on Comic Vine.

I've noticed, but this seems like it should be an obvious win for Leon. I can't think of anything besides stealth and being able to see in the dark that Riddick can do better then Leon.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

@nickzambuto: and this is why i don't like the newer versions of resident evil. the sheer amount of PIS that has amounted there makes it impossible for me to take it seriously (of course, the whole game series is quite amusingly off the bat that by the release resident evil nemesis, it was still quite plausible. beyond that ? smh).

anyway, the basic trained body can go on hours on non strenouos activities and as far as i remember, the storylines only amounted to hours at a time. most of that time, it's not even hard combat and it's mostly dodging or evading stuff. the movie itself is still realistic that they weren't doing hard combat all day and they mostly dodged the two tyrants. they were not fighting it head on. i'm not saying riddick is immune to bullets, i'm saying riddick is far more skilled than leon and he's more than capable of killing him easily.

OP states no weapons except for knifes for round 2. riddick's combat style allows him to close the gap in between fights easily. i'm wholly ignoring the gameplay mechanic of the series because at that point, it became ridiculous. seriously, holding a shark's mouth open without any support ? leon can might as well fight normal hulk for that matter. :p

The series has definitely taken a more action-focused route. RE4 is still a masterpiece of a game though and I enjoyed 5 too, albiet longing for the days of atmosphere and horror. RE6 was straight up terrible though. I'd like to say I hope Capcom goes back to it's roots with RE7, but honestly Capcom just sucks nowadays and I'm not holding my breath.

Anyway no matter the realism, fact remains that Leon and Chris and Wesker can do these crazy things whether we like it or not. In regards to the stamina argument, Leon was indeed performing HIGHLY strenuous activities constantly. You act like dodging and running isn't difficult. I can't jog 20 yards without breathing hard, but Leon was full force sprinting for several hours while half-carrying Buddy, a full grown man. The Super Tyrants were actually faster than Leon, meaning it wasn't even a simple matter of running, he had to actively think, and strategize to outmaneuver them.

Regardless, I seriously doubt stamina will come into play during this fight. Can we both agree that each fighter has more than his fair share of endurance? More likely this will come down to skill, can you show me Riddick's best fight scene? As I admit I am more ignorant of him than I'd care to admit.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

@alessandro_souzamarques: you used the chris redfield boulder bashing incident. for all intents and purposes, that was gameplay mechanic and PIS. you would used leon's battle with that mutated shark ?! seriously, you might as well argue he can fight hulk.

QTEs are canon. It's stupid, but again, that doesn't mean we disregard the feat.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kyrees

@nickzambuto: dodging and running isn't that difficult compared to fighting someone or parrying his attacks because majority of your strength is focused on your legs and body compared fighting where you need your arms to it as well. it's non strenuous by my standards

was leon carrying buddy that whole day ? i'd have to rewatch the whole movie for that

Loading Video...

3:19 taking down a lone necromonger easily

Loading Video...

riddick's execution

Loading Video...

lord marshall fight. he's reacting to someone who's a lot faster than him. (can't fight the scene where he manages to kill lord marshall)

Loading Video...

fight scene in the chronicles of riddick

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Eisenfauste

Riddick, fight may last 1 minute, but I doubt it.

alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

@nickzambuto: dodging and running isn't that difficult compared to fighting someone or parrying his attacks because majority of your strength is focused on your legs and body compared fighting where you need your arms to it as well. it's non strenuous by my standards

was leon carrying buddy that whole day ? i'd have to rewatch the whole movie for that

Loading Video...

3:19 taking down a lone necromonger easily

Loading Video...

riddick's execution

Loading Video...

lord marshall fight. he's reacting to someone who's a lot faster than him. (can't fight the scene where he manages to kill lord marshall)

Loading Video...

fight scene in the chronicles of riddick

It was morning when Leon started carrying Buddy, dawn dusk when he stopped at the city's center.

Loading Video...

1:29, Leon keeps up with Svetlana, someone who straight beats Ada on hand-to-hand combat. He was all over her, look how fast he moves. Svetlana defended herself from Leon's attempts to subdue her, yes, but he also dodged and blocked her attacks. Her only choice was to keep distance from him so her men could aim at him and finish him off.

2:48, Leon tanked being punched and thrown at a concrete pillar by a 60 tonner Super Tyrant.

Loading Video...

Ada is basically RE's version of Catwoman. Again, she was beaten by Svetlana.

Hold his own against an expert at knife fighting, super strong, fast and agile, Krauser.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

1:28, agility doing parkour moves without losing any momentum.

4:12, literally wrestled with that Licker.

4:52, more agility being able to outmaneuver that Licker, jumping above it when it was just about a few inches to chew off his face.

So yeah I'm pretty sure this is a fair fight where both combatants can win.

Riddick isn't stomping no one here.