#1 Edited by soaringturkeys (422 posts) - - Show Bio

It is a battle of the 3 smartest people in their worlds! They want to conquer the entire world under their regime! Who will ultimately come out on top?

Lelouch is born into royality, has his Geass, will ultimately acquire his mobile suit and full use of his powers

Lex has his wealth and resources and does not have superman to thwart his plans. He will ultimately end up acquiring his power-suit.

Dr Doom is born into wealth but have none of his magical powers, furthermore he does not have a time machine and he cannot steal powers from anyone. He does however have his suit and it is in a world without Reed Richards thwarting his plans.

They are all born at the same time with an immovable motive to conquer the entire world by being it's sole dictator and leader. Lelouch striving to achieve the peace he acquires in his final episode, Lex wanting to better the world like in the Red Son, and Dr Doom wanting to achieve the one and only perfect timeline as he explained it to the Panther God.

There are no aliens in this world nor are there gods or superheroes with super powers. All technologies from the 3 worlds are available up for grabs.

Lelouch is born in Asia

Lex Luthor in America.

Dr Doom in Europe.

Who will end up ultimately controlling the world? Who will survive?

Bonus: and to add a chaotic and unpredictable element.

It is in a world where L lives and he has access to his Deathnote. L's moral compass is on and will kill anyone he deems evil.

EDIT: Before everyone rushes to say Doom. Remember that this is a game of subtlety and year long strategy not a quick tactic to entrap people. Come out too early as a contender and the other players will be aware of your presence. Come out too dominating and evil and then you get killed by L.

Lex and Doom can't build a grand deux ex machina weapon that would enslave people without the rest of the population knowing. This only way to win is through command, conquer and politics. Of course, powerful weapons are still in play like the knightmares etc.

#2 Posted by monarch_prime (399 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Doom.

#3 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7040 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5139 posts) - - Show Bio

The answer is always Doom

#5 Posted by soaringturkeys (422 posts) - - Show Bio

Even after all my handicaps? Lelouch did end up controlling the entire world?

#6 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

@soaringturkeys said:

Even after all my handicaps? Lelouch did end up controlling the entire world?

Doom outsmarted the friggin' Beyonder.

#7 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex is not the smartest in his respective universe. Regardless, I say Lex comes out on top. Without Superman, he could have ruled the world I believe.

#8 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman :

Doom is just below Thanos in intelligence and the caliber of the people he's outfoxed. Let's not forget that this is a guy who outsmarted Odin, Galactus, and the Beyonder.

#9 Posted by Pwok21 (2459 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman:

Pfft, like Doom or Anime Batman couldn't take him.

#10 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@L_J Really? I was under the impression Doom had Bruce Wayne intelligence at best. Of course, I don't read much Marvel. All i know is that if he's just under Thanos, then he's probably above Lex.

#11 Edited by Lord_Johnathan (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman:

Doom outsmarts cosmic level people with massive clairvoyant abilities and is one of the only humans Thanos genuinely considers worth his time intellectually speaking.

#12 Posted by soaringturkeys (422 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan: But he got outsmarted by Black Panther? I just see him coming on top first and being used by in the end by lelouch.

#13 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

@soaringturkeys:

PIS most likely. The Black Panther has been given a lot of mary sueish treatment by marvel for unknown reasons. But Dr.Doom outsmarted the omnipotent, all seeing pre-retcon Beyonder. Lelouch can't touch him intellectually speaking.

#14 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5139 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bruce when it comes to intelligence

#15 Edited by soaringturkeys (422 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan:

I don't think Dr Doom would win in this scenario at all. He's the smartest but he's also the most dominating and that will be his downfall.

But its not just a matter of who's scientifically smartest but who's the best strategist with all the players on board. It's not just a quick tactic to steal powers in an encounter but decade long campaigns.

If one came out early then they risk being killed by the other players.

If they came out too destructive, then they risk being killed by L.

In the drafted scenario, I do believe that Dr Doom would come out to the public first as a contender to world domination. With his personality and what i've read, he would be first to make the powerplay. Which will ultimately be his down fall because he calculates things too well but he could never calculate chaotic elements. Hence why heroes and someone like Deadpool could really put a wrench in his system. L, Lelouch or Lex luthor would all find ways to subtly off him.

Lex Luthor in the Red Son was brilliant in his decade long campaign to kill superman. In the public, he always remained as a great person and he handled chaotic elements incredibly well.

Lelouch handled a lifetime long campaign and ultimately controlled the world. He shown the ability to handle chaotic elements aswell when he managed to outwit someone who could see the future, someone who could stop time and bend ridiculously talented fighters to his will.

To me it would come down to either Lex Luthor & Lelouch.

Doom would come out first and would do a very good job at conquering the world, but his presence has never been that of subtly and he would ultimately die at the hands of L or others.

Lex and Lelouch would be then aware of the players on board and it will be a very subtle game of world domination while tracking down L and being the best to bend him to their will or kill him.

I think Lex would find L first and would be smart enough to manipulate even L. However having donned the costume of Zero, killing Lelouch using L is impossible.

Ultimately I think Lelouch would take this.

#16 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly? My money's on Lex on this one. While Doom would be the usual choice...Doom likes to rely on magic, his time machine and the power stealing; however Lex usually only relies on his intellect and chicanery...and without a Superman to thwart him (or to focus on)...ooo boy...Lex stomps.

#17 Posted by soaringturkeys (422 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines: The way I see it, it will come down to two endings. I think that Doom will be first to make the power play and would do so very well. But his evil ambition and motives would ultimately be his downfall in this scenario. This will alert the other players of the possible players and powers involved. In both scenarios, Lex is the one most likely to control L.

Lelouch would make his move and would control half the world and would risk it all on giant metaphoric chess game against Lex. Lex would come out on top in this scenario and thus winning.

or

Lelouch goes on hiding and waits for lex to nearly conquer the world and then he makes his subtle play in the form of rebellion and being the peoples champion. In this scenario Lelouch would win.

#18 Edited by TotalBalance (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@soaringturkeys said:

@Jayfournines: The way I see it, it will come down to two endings. I think that Doom will be first to make the power play and would do so very well. But his evil ambition and motives would ultimately be his downfall in this scenario. This will alert the other players of the possible players and powers involved. In both scenarios, Lex is the one most likely to control L.

Lelouch would make his move and would control half the world and would risk it all on giant metaphoric chess game against Lex. Lex would come out on top in this scenario and thus winning.

or

Lelouch goes on hiding and waits for lex to nearly conquer the world and then he makes his subtle play in the form of rebellion and being the peoples champion. In this scenario Lelouch would win.

I don't think Lelouch could come back after letting Lex conquer most of the world. If you look at Red Son, Lex gave people prosperity and progress. People who are happy with their lives are a lot less likely to rebel then those that are living under an oppressive monarchy. Lelouch would have no chance if he let Lex conquer as he would also be at an insurmountable tech disadvantage after allowing Lex to acquire so much in terms of resources and man-power. If Lelouch tried to start a rebellion against Lex I would even say that L would kill him, seeing as he would appear as a terrorist without even a good cause. You have to remember Lex is only foiled because he has to deal with forces on a scale Lelouch could never combat. Geass is strong but nothing compared to Superman, who Lex has come close to besting on many occasions.

On a full scale war where they both control half the world I would give Lex the win as I think he is smarter, more calculating and is used to dealing with more difficult odds than Lelouch. However this situation is put in a coin toss as L could randomly off one of them in an attempt to end the fighting. However on the whole I would give this game to Lex.

#19 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@soaringturkeys said:

or

See, the rebellion scenario would probably work with Doom since he's a tyrant...but not with Lex. People love Lex. Everyone who is not a superhero LOVES Lex. Lex would probably cure cancer just to show people his good faith and have the world eating out of the palm of his hand.

#20 Edited by soaringturkeys (422 posts) - - Show Bio

@TotalBalance: @Jayfournines:

You two are totally right! I actually see Lex being seen as the messiah after a tyrannous rule of Doom.

I don't think that L would just off Lex just for the sake of it. If his rule is under good premise then he would most likely let it go. However Code Geass is such a powerful tool and all it takes is for Lelouch to wait it out and walk right up to Lex and say, "you are my slave".

#21 Posted by TotalBalance (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@soaringturkeys said:

You two are totally right! I actually see Lex being seen as the messiah after a tyrannous rule of Doom.

I don't think that L would just off Lex just for the sake of it. If his rule is under good premise then he would most likely let it go. However Code Geass is such a powerful tool and all it takes is for Lelouch to wait it out and walk right up to Lex and say, "you are my slave".

The problem is Lex may seem Benevalant but he is no less tyrannical than Doom. Lex is essentially the peoples tyrant, as long as their is a clear divide between Lex and everyone else, he is happy to let those he sees below him live out their lives as they choose. However don't think that Lex would not be actively monitoring the world for anything that could be a threat to him. Given his level of intelligence and knack for creating advanced technologies he would likely find out about L's deathnote and Lelouch's Geass before they could pose a real threat to him and then dispose of them.

#22 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@TotalBalance said:

@soaringturkeys said:

The problem is Lex may seem Benevalant but he is no less tyrannical than Doom. Lex is essentially the peoples tyrant, as long as their is a clear divide between Lex and everyone else, he is happy to let those he sees below him live out their lives as they choose. However don't think that Lex would not be actively monitoring the world for anything that could be a threat to him. Given his level of intelligence and knack for creating advanced technologies he would likely find out about L's deathnote and Lelouch's Geass before they could pose a real threat to him and then dispose of them.

Yup, he's basically the devil.

#23 Posted by soaringturkeys (422 posts) - - Show Bio

@TotalBalance: i'm convinced! i just finished reading the red son and just rewatched Code Geass and thought who could ultimately rule the world between the two. I change my vote to lex.

#24 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

@soaringturkeys:@Jayfournines: @TotalBalance: Doom has actually conquered the earth twice before, he gave it up because it was boring. He also conquered counter-earth in less than a year after being dropped butt naked in Africa. Doom freaking killed a lion with his bare hands and wore its skin.You guys don't have a clear understanding of Victor at all, he my be a tyrant but no means does he not care for the people he rules. He wants the people of the world to legitimately bow down to him and view him as their savior. He would literally let the world burn before saving it, unless everyone proclaimed Doom their savior. Hence why for Doom it's either you're against him, or with him. There is no middle way. The people of Latveria love him because he made them the third most productive country in the world. Doom actually has past experiences with ruling people, Lelouch only ruled because of his geass allowing him to usurp the throne, while Lex is a business man, not world conqueror.

#25 Posted by tomlikesfries (4698 posts) - - Show Bio

@monarch_prime said:

Dr Doom.

#26 Edited by soaringturkeys (422 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: In this scenario though, noone can win with brute force. It has to be subtle, until L is taken out of the equation. I see Dr Doom nearly beating the world, but in most encounters, he doesn't withhold saying his name and all L needs is a name for him to kill someone. I think that in this scenario, his arrogance would most likely be his inevitable downfall.

#27 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@soaringturkeys:@Jayfournines: @TotalBalance: Doom has actually conquered the earth twice before, he gave it up because it was boring. He also conquered counter-earth in less than a year after being dropped butt naked in Africa. Doom freaking killed a lion with his bare hands and wore its skin.You guys don't have a clear understanding of Victor at all, he my be a tyrant but no means does he not care for the people he rules. He wants the people of the world to legitimately bow down to him and view him as their savior. He would literally let the world burn before saving it, unless everyone proclaimed Doom their savior. Hence why for Doom it's either you're against him, or with him. There is no middle way. The people of Latveria love him because he made them the third most productive country in the world. Doom actually has past experiences with ruling people, Lelouch only ruled because of his geass allowing him to usurp the throne, while Lex is a business man, not world conqueror.

For Doom to do all that, he needed to either absorb someone's power, use his time machine and his magic...things that he lacks in this battle per the OP. I don't see how beating a lion while in the nude is relevant to a fight of just strategy and intelligence. The thing Doom lacks is charisma, something that would be greatly required to wins this fight following the rules of the thread. Lex on the other hand is more than just a businessman, he was President of the US of A before the story required him to lose. He's constantly touted as the smartest human of his universe and has consistently shown to be amazing in terms of strategy and deviousness.

#28 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

@soaringturkeys: Doom conquered the Earth three times already. He didn't used brute force in any of the scenarios. Doom literally had a plan in motion that took years to complete when he conquered Earth the first two times. He gave up the rule because he was no longer interested in being ruler of the world. He wasn't usurped or beaten, Doom chose to forfeit because to Doom, being ruler of the world is not enough. Th first time he conquered the earth, he let Namor destroy the machine that allowed him to control the world through mind control after beating him and his failed attempt to stop Doom. The second time he conquered the earth, he used the pheromones of the Purple Man and amplified it, spreading it into the world's air supply in the course of several years. He gave it all up because Doom would only be happy when the world deem him their savior and leader, by choice, not by brute force. None of his incidence of conquering the world involved any form of brute force, besides beating up the superheroes, who are not present in this scenario. You make it out like Doom is a war-like megalomaniac, which is not the case. He's going to be scheming in the corner for as long as he needs to, he would make sure all his bases are covered, and won't act until everything is perfect. Also Doom's persuasion is pretty good, as is his guile. Thor considers Dr. Doom a better liar and manipulator than Loki. Loki finds Doom to be his equal in terms of treachery. Victor almost managed to become Sorcerer Supreme through trickery, and was able to persuade the Panther God to let him pass and steal Wakanda's vibranium. Dr. Doom managed to literally beat the devil and retrieve his mother's soul.

#29 Edited by TotalBalance (742 posts) - - Show Bio

In all of those cases of conquering the world Doom used some sort of power or magic to conquer the world. In Red Son, Lex conquered the world through sheer charisma and genius, and he was facing an incredibly stronger version of Superman who controlled the other half of the world. In the years Lex was ruler, the earth saw leaps in technology of a magnitude Doom has never managed to achieve for Latveria. In my opinion Doom would win if their was magic involved but in a battle of pure tech and brains he would lose to Lex Luthor who has better tech feats in my opinion.

#30 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines: And Doom is not considered one of the smartest people on marvel earth? And none of Doom's plans involve strategy or deviousness? He didn't steal someone's power, use his time machine, or magic when conquered the earth two times. So I don't see how that is relevant. Doom has already conquered a world without superheroes, its called counter-earth, and you know how long it took? Less than one year for him to accomplish that. He started with nothing (literally butt naked in africa) and ended up as ruler of the world in the course of a single year. You don't need charisma, when you have fear and the promise of a better tomorrow. Doom's whole entire feat list involves beating people who are tiers above him and accomplishing things way beyond that of a human. Lex can't even kill Superman, despite having tons of kryptonite lying around, and an armored suit which runs on it. The only memorable thing Lex has done was fusing with Phantom zone entity and becoming a god, and losing it to guess who? Superman. Lex Luthor is more arrogant than Doom, and unlike Doom won't be willing to get down and dirty in order to win. Doom has no shame, he will do anything. The same can't be said for Lex, who cares too much about wealth and power. Lex couldn't even finish his presidential term without being impeached, while Doom is ruler of his own country.

#31 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@Jayfournines: And Doom is not considered one of the smartest people on marvel earth? And none of Doom's plans involve strategy or deviousness? He didn't steal someone's power, use his time machine, or magic when conquered the earth two times. So I don't see how that is relevant. Doom has already conquered a world without superheroes, its called counter-earth, it was created by the High Evolutionary, and you know how long it took? Less than one year for him to accomplish that. He started with nothing (literally butt naked in africa) and ended up as ruler of the world in the course of a single year. You don't need charisma, when you have fear and the promise of a better tomorrow. Doom's whole entire feat list involves beating people who are tiers above him and accomplishing things way beyond that of a human. Lex can't even kill Superman, despite having tons of kryptonite lying around, and an armored suit which runs on it. The only memorable thing Lex has done was fusing with Phantom zone entity and becoming a god, and losing it to guess who? Superman. Lex Luthor is more arrogant than Doom, and unlike Doom won't be willing to get down and dirty in order to win. Doom has no shame, he will do anything. The same can't be said for Lex, who cares too much about wealth and power. Lex couldn't even finish his presidential term without being impeached, while Doom is ruler of his own country.

Dude, everything you're quoting is mere Plot. OF COURSE Lex is going to lose to Superman all the time...otherwise the comic book would end, it's ridiculous to judge a character because he "loses" to the Superhero he's SUPPOSED to lose to; same goes to Lex being deposed as US President...like a villain is going to rule the USA forever (in the comics of course). That would be like me saying "Doom loses to a dude who's power is stretchiness...that's like losing to Plastic Man!", which is of course is merely due to plot.

It's been mentioned a few times that Lex can do absolutely anything if he weren't solely focused on Superman; that thing where he turned into a god? he did it in a month. Per OP Lex, Doom and Lelouch have access to the same technologies, no superheroes or superpowers; and while Doom is absolutely incredible, he usually relies on powers and magic. Doom rarely does pure technological things, they are always laced with something else (like the purple man pheromones you mentioned). I do agree that Doom would best Luthor under regular circumstances; but under the rules placed in the OP, I just don't see it happening.

#32 Posted by soaringturkeys (422 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: I designed this match so it's fought on an intellectual and political capacity. War is inevitable yes but I don't think that things like a mind control machine or a deux ex machina weapon should apply. It's command, conquer and politics.

So despite this war being entirely fought on a plane of wits at stratagem and with L in the design, how do you see the scenario panning out?

I'm actually curious to see how your story would pan out :D

#33 Posted by 80sBaby (1347 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom's already conquered the planet, twice (3 times if you count Counter-Earth Franklin created.) He gets my vote.

#34 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

@soaringturkeys: The world gets destroyed. No one wins. Lelouch is a non-factor. Doom has resisted Purple Man's powers and telepathy from just sheer force of will, not to mention his armor protects him for those kind of things. Lex and Doom would kill Light because he's the biggest threat. Then they would kill Lelouch. Then they will destroy the world in the ensuing power struggle. That is what would happen in my opinion. If I had to pick a choice, it would be Doom mostly because he has feats of actually conquering the world. However, more than likely, the world is going to end up a wasteland, with no one winning.

@Jayfournines: Everyone is quick to point out Doom's flaws, yet not Lex's. Both characters lose for the sake of the plot. Doom could also accomplish many things if people were just to bow down to him, i.e. Doom world. Lex becomes a god in a month using Kryptonian tech after stumbling on an entity in the phantom zone that happens to be omnipotent. Doom in a course of a single week steals Galactus and Beyonder's powers. Doom has an actual track record of conquering the earth, while Lex has none. You can chalk it up as plot, but without any feats to support Lex, how is he supposed to win? There is nothing that Lex has done that supersedes him in technology. Dr. Doom's suit is considered one of the most advanced pieces of technology on the planet. Dr. Doom is an actual monarch and thus has experience ruling a country, he actively manipulates the law in order to not get arrested, pretty much does whatever he pleases.

#35 Posted by NeonGameWave (8013 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex takes this one.

#36 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5139 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom is superior to Lex in every way. Btw Lex becoming president is hardly an impressive feat. George W Bush was elected twice.

#37 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

Doom is superior to Lex in every way. Btw Lex becoming president is hardly an impressive feat. George W Bush was elected twice.

dude.....no argument there, you win.

/thread.

#38 Posted by soaringturkeys (422 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines: haha great!!!

Case closed!

#39 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

Lelouch is cool but he should not be competing here with this kind of competition.

Then it comes down to Lex vs Doom in which Doom wins.

#40 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (902 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

The answer is always Doom
#41 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

: With an interesting scenario like this I'm surprised you're not all over this

#42 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

I see this fight will go to whatever Lelouch does. Whoever gets distracted by Leloche looses because the other character would use the distraction for his advantage and take out one another along with Lelouch. it would go like Itsjustsomerandomguy video.

#43 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom easily....

I believe Lelouch is the 1st to be eliminated from this battle. Then it leaves Doom and Lex.

While Lex thinks he is the Smartest in the World, Doom knows he is the Smartest one out there....

Doom would probably just steals the powers from another god-like being, and uses it to conquer the World.

#44 Posted by JediXMan (30976 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

: With an interesting scenario like this I'm surprised you're not all over this

*shrug*

Maybe I'll give my two cents another time.

Moderator Online