Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nfactor1995
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

If Thranduil had indeed attacked Legolas after his challenge and defense of Tauriel in Battle of the Five Armies, who would have come out on top? Both have their standard war gear.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not gonna lie, I wouldn't be surprised to see Thranduil win.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legolas has more feats, better feats and every right to win.......but Thranduil is simply too fabulous to lose.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

Legolas via feats.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Melee = Thranduil, ranged = Legolas

Thranduil is older and more experienced probably. Since Legolas has many archer feats, I am going to give Thranduil the edge in melee combat. I doubt that Legolas both book and movie wise is better in everything than his father.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At that range thranduil gives his son a whooping.

Trixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It should probably be Thranduil, but based on feats Legolas.

DarthSamburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legolas via feats.

This. Does Thranduil even have any feats? No feats = no victory.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

Legolas via feats.

This. Does Thranduil even have any feats? No feats = no victory.

He's a pretty good melee fighter, we saw him do some fancy swordplay in Battle of the Five Armies, but that's all I remember.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By lore older elves tend to be more powerful than younger elves. Thranduil is an elf of the First Age, born at the height of elven power. He'd walk all over Legolas in terms of stats, experience, and magical ability.

Of course he doesn't have nearly as many combat feats, so there's no real way to PROVE his superiority if you ignore how powerful the two should be.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rogueshadow  Moderator

By lore older elves tend to be more powerful than younger elves. Thranduil is an elf of the First Age, born at the height of elven power. He'd walk all over Legolas in terms of stats, experience, and magical ability.

Of course he doesn't have nearly as many combat feats, so there's no real way to PROVE his superiority if you ignore how powerful the two should be.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@metaljimmor said:

TheDudeBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thranduil would win: There is a scene in the Battle of the Five Armies which confirms this. Tauriel confronts Thranduil with her bow pointed at his head. Thranduil then breaks her bow with a quick swing of the sword then proceeds to point his sword at her neck. Legolas then steps in and tells his father (Thandruil) that he would have to kill him if he hurts Tauriel, knowing full well he was no match for the elder.

pateuvasiliu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thranduil would win: There is a scene in the Battle of the Five Armies which confirms this. Tauriel confronts Thranduil with her bow pointed at his head. Thranduil then breaks her bow with a quick swing of the sword then proceeds to point his sword at her neck. Legolas then steps in and tells his father (Thandruil) that he would have to kill him if he hurts Tauriel, knowing full well he was no match for the elder.

Or perhaps Legolas could simply not bring himself to fight his father, hence '' you will have to kill me too ''. Furthermore, Legolas loved her so perhaps it also meant that her dying would cripple him as well.

Book wise Legolas killed a Nazgul's Fell Beast with one single arrow, in the dead of night, while the beast was flying. Movie wise he took down an Oliphant full of Haradrims, did some crazy gravity bending and pretty much never got hit in the whole War of the Ring. ( Bolg hit him, I think ).

Yes theoretically Thranduil is stronger but feat wise ( both books and movies ) Legolas stomps. Swords aren't going to do squat when the guy is nimbler than a monkey and I don't see Thranduil dodging his arrows.

TheDudeBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheDudeBro

@pateuvasiliu: Legolas isn't just willing to fight his father over spilled milk. If Legolas believed his father was truly threatening Tauriel's life, then you got a sticky situation on your hands. Hence, "You will have to kill me" because he would obviously fight his best (knowing he'd lose) if he knew Tauriel was next in line after his defeat. So, what would actually happen is it would be team Legolas & Tauriel vs. Thranduil, because I don't see Tauriel leaving Legolas hangin in that situation- then it would just turn ugly after all the kings gaurds jump in.

Badassporkchop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good fight, but after a long hard battle probably Legalos.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedudebro said:

Or perhaps Legolas could simply not bring himself to fight his father, hence '' you will have to kill me too ''. Furthermore, Legolas loved her so perhaps it also meant that her dying would cripple him as well.

Book wise Legolas killed a Nazgul's Fell Beast with one single arrow, in the dead of night, while the beast was flying. Movie wise he took down an Oliphant full of Haradrims, did some crazy gravity bending and pretty much never got hit in the whole War of the Ring. ( Bolg hit him, I think ).

Yes theoretically Thranduil is stronger but feat wise ( both books and movies ) Legolas stomps. Swords aren't going to do squat when the guy is nimbler than a monkey and I don't see Thranduil dodging his arrows.

You are ignoring Tolkien's logic, where older elf means better elf. There is no way book Legolas is better swordsman than Thranduil.

TheDudeBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Off Topic: The real superfight is Thandruil vs. Elrond- too bad Tolkien never got around to that..

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legolas has more feats, better feats and every right to win.......but Thranduil is simply too fabulous to lose.

pateuvasiliu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pateuvasiliu

@penderor: I'll have to ask for an official source that says older elves are more powerful. Legolas is young by elven standards and his feats stomp pretty much anything else bar characters from the Silmari-.. Sillama-.. Silmaril-.. you get it.

Either way even if Thranduil is better with a sword Legolas armed with a bow is haxxed.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What this man or woman said is correct. With absolutely more experience Thranduil will beat Legolas sadly to say because *sniff* ;( that's my man. Anyhow Legalas cannot beat his father yes of course he will get some good hits in, but can not overcome him.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thranduil

pateuvasiliu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: What's Thranduil's answer to Legolas' marksmanship, exactly?

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Penderor

@pateuvasiliu said:

@penderor: I'll have to ask for an official source that says older elves are more powerful. Legolas is young by elven standards and his feats stomp pretty much anything else bar characters from the Silmari-.. Sillama-.. Silmaril-.. you get it.

Either way even if Thranduil is better with a sword Legolas armed with a bow is haxxed.

There is no official source, it just the way Tolkiens wrote it. You cant understand it if you didnt read the books. Ancient Elves spared with lesser gods and killed orcs by dozens and hundreds. Fingolfin wounded Morgoth and Gil-Galad with Elendil killed Sauron. Aragorn and Legolas killed ehm..few orcs? Ok maybe a few zombies and one flying wyvern.

pateuvasiliu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: But that doesn't mean ancient elves are stronger by default, just that that Age had amazing heroes. That doesn't mean -ALL- old elves are stronger than -ALL- young elves.

Unless Tolkien stated it himself that's just speculation.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: But that doesn't mean ancient elves are stronger by default, just that that Age had amazing heroes. That doesn't mean -ALL- old elves are stronger than -ALL- young elves.

Unless Tolkien stated it himself that's just speculation.

Of course not, but the age should be a feat itself, considering how the fights are made up in Middle-Earth.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legolas wins because feats, obviously, as everyone has already said, but a sword fight between these two would be cool to see.

lewisfoulds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think you guys are also forgetting Thranduils experience. He fought in the alliance of Elves of men and survived, a battle from which even Gil-galad did not

Reno117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think you guys are also forgetting Thranduils experience. He fought in the alliance of Elves of men and survived, a battle from which even Gil-galad did not

^

BadassGrimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is common sense Thranduil would beat Legolas any day, is Thranduil not King? Feats have nothing to do with this. Legolas is a main character which is why he has been seen to do more but what makes any of you think that the King can't do the same or better?

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Thranduil's face stomps

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By linsanel_Doctor

Thranduil is too fabulous to lose.

MZP92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump, Interesting fight and even with all answers i'm still undecided.