Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Imperius_Rex

Fight takes place in elven forest
Legolas has standard equipment
hawkeye, green arrow, red arrow have NO trick arrows just arrows but are working in cohesion.
Legolas is blood lusted.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Frocharocha

Legolas wins. He took down alone in the middle of a battlefield.

But hawkey has good chances of killing him. Unless Lego don't know how to fight in the forest i say this is a stalemate.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By 14NC3

This all depends on who draws first. They all have great accuracy so every body is matched there. And legolas should be out of the fight early cause of green arrows, red arrows and hawkeyes more advanced technology.

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Equonox

Team...3 expert marksman vs 1 elf...they will hit him before he takes all 3 out

Avatar image for xaraghoul_the_ravager
Xaraghoul_the_Ravager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legolas may be an equally skilled archer, but his equipment is vastly inferior. The team has modern compound bows with advanced pulleys and levers to allow for much more force with minimal effort along with laser sighting and all sorts of fancy toys. Legolas has a simple medieval longbow.

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Equonox

@Xaraghoul_the_Ravager said:

Legolas may be an equally skilled archer, but his equipment is vastly inferior. The team has modern compound bows with advanced pulleys and levers to allow for much more force with minimal effort along with laser sighting and all sorts of fancy toys. Legolas has a simple medieval longbow.

that, too

Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Scarbearer

also I think if we're talking raw feats, I feel pretty comfortable you can find ones for each member of the team that are at least roughly equitable to Legolas' (and possible surpassing, as Comics are much quicker to go over the top, than the novels do, Though the movies are pretty close to being 'comic book' in the level of action.)

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dondave

@Xaraghoul_the_Ravager said:

QFT

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lord_Johnathan

As someone who's tried both forms of bow, I can tell you that you need an assload more force and effort to pull back an old longbow or composite bow, but a modern bow needs much less effort to do the same and can actually bring out more force due to it's modern pulley systems and stronger materials. Firing medieval bows with a great deal of force is really exhausting over long periods of time, even for someone who's had some degree of archery practice for a while like me, my arm was sore in about two minutes of maintaining that "six shots a minute" rate. A modern bow will let you achieve greater force with less effort, you can fire a modern bow with chain mail piercing force pretty much all day long because the Bow does much of the work for you.

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Matchstick

I think it's a pretty big assumption that legolas has inferior equipment. His equipment is all of elven make and it's said elven weapons are far superior to anything else on middle earth. Not to mention that we're talking about the bow & arrow here, there isn't much that modern technology improved upon. I don't think either side has the edge in equipment.

Legolas however has a significant advantage when it comes to physical traits. Elven hearing and vision are far superior to that of a normal man. Plus elves are 'light of foot' and can travel long distances without leaving tracks. The fact that this takes place in an elven forest gives Legolas another advantages since that is his home turf.

I give the victory to Legolas. He could easily evade them in an elven forest and take them out one by one on his own terms. There isn't much the team can do about it either since he doesn't leave tracks, can see and hear better than them, moves much quieter than they do, and is on his home turf.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MAZAHS117

To his credit, Legs does have better eye sight/vision(someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I read or heard somewhere they can even see in the dark) and is probably quicker than all three of his human opponents....That being said, he would probably eventually lose this fight....In a One on one shootout, I'd take the Elf over any of these three personally.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bo88gdan

Team would win

spawn_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By spawn_123

Team takes this

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Imperius_Rex

You have to keep in mind he is an elf not human. His senses strength and speed are superior. I'm not saying he's te hulk but the argument that his long bow is harder for him to use shouldn't be a factor where the team has been training for decades Legolas has been training for CENTURIES! That kind of experience coupled with his agility and senses make him for more advanced. And I know the team is too notch. But have you ever seen or read really anything of Legolas taking damage? That wasn't an accident he can dodge arrows like they were traveling in slow motion. I believe with a lot more effort he could dodge the teams attacks not to mention I'm pretty sure he can catch arrows. On too of it all we've never seen a bloodlusted Legolas and he is in an elven forest. He's in his element. Where are the Legolas fans!? I think he takes it with great effort.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Robin Hood solos

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Matchstick

@Lord_Johnathan said:

As someone who's tried both forms of bow, I can tell you that you need an assload more force and effort to pull back an old longbow or composite bow, but a modern bow needs much less effort to do the same and can actually bring out more force due to it's modern pulley systems and stronger materials. Firing medieval bows with a great deal of force is really exhausting over long periods of time, even for someone who's had some degree of archery practice for a while like me, my arm was sore in about two minutes of maintaining that "six shots a minute" rate. A modern bow will let you achieve greater force with less effort, you can fire a modern bow with chain mail piercing force pretty much all day long because the Bow does much of the work for you.

There are a few problems with applying your comparison here. 1) It's impossible to apply an accurate comparison between a real life long bow and a fictional elven bow. 2)Legolas is an elf and has better stamina than a normal man. Remember that part where he ran for 3 days straight? Normal people don't have the stamina to do that. 3)We don't know your level of skill. For all we know you're doing it wrong. 4) Legolas has never shown fatigue due to using a bow in any of the movies or literature and he's been a part of some huge battles.

@SHAZAM117 said:

To his credit, Legs does have better eye sight/vision(someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I read or heard somewhere they can even see in the dark) and is probably quicker than all three of his human opponents....That being said, he would probably eventually lose this fight....In a One on one shootout, I'd take the Elf over any of these three personally.

Close, they can see well in near darkness. In total darkness they are just as blind as everyone else but by moonlight they can see perfectly.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MAZAHS117

@Imperius_Rex...The more I think about it, the more I'm slightly leaning towards Legolas too. However both Clint and Ollie have some crazy accuracy feats themselves throughout all of their history, that can't be thrown out the window either.

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Imperius_Rex

With the avatar troll hunter. That wa a very troll thing to say. Lol. You little contradiction you!

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MAZAHS117

@Matchstick....Oooooh, I gotcha

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Imperius_Rex

I know I don't want to discredit these guys I love the comic book archers. But I looooooove Legolas. I'm glad it's so mixed I like people's different opinions and reasoning. That's why I love comic vine. I personally think it would be a great battle. Slow and stealth. And I'd be crazy to think Legolas isn't gonna take an arrow or two to th knee ( yes I did just say tht) but I think he can put those guys down. Especially without their trick arrows.

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By Nightwing4

Legolas has demonstrated better agility feats then the rest of them, meaning he can dodge them better than they can him. I think he stomps them 1v1 if he can separate them.

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Imperius_Rex

Exactly what I was thinking.

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Equonox

Legolas never took on any opposing archers REMOTELY as skilled as one of this guys, let alone 3. It's also safe to assume that a modern composite bow would shoot an arrow w/ a much higher velocity than orc bows. Legolas is sick, don't get me wrong, but we are talking about 3 of the best marksmen in their respective universes. They rarely ever miss when it's by themselves, and when they can work together to force Legolas to make certain dodges/moves, they WILL hit him.

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Matchstick

@Equonox said:

Legolas never took on any opposing archers REMOTELY as skilled as one of this guys, let alone 3. It's also safe to assume that a modern composite bow would shoot an arrow w/ a much higher velocity than orc bows. Legolas is sick, don't get me wrong, but we are talking about 3 of the best marksmen in their respective universes. They rarely ever miss when it's by themselves, and when they can work together to force Legolas to make certain dodges/moves, they WILL hit him.

It's not accuracy that is going to be the issue for the team. It's being able to keep track of Legolas and be quick enough to make the shot if they get the chance to. It's not going to be easy for the team to even spot him if they lose sight of him in a forest. Since the fight takes place in a forest the team is at a disadvantage.

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Imperius_Rex

Exactly. He's not goin to run out there three arrows drawn back trying to take them all at once. He's gonna float through the woods so distanced they can't see him. But he can see them. Picking them off one by one. But I'm sure hawkeye could get a shot or two off. I just think Legolas can win by stealth and strategy. And keen senses. And superior marksmanship

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nerdork

Legolas takes this fairly handily, due to his far quicker reflexes, superior strength, enhanced vision and accuracy. Not to mention he has centuries more experience in combat than any of his opponents, and he has an Elvish bow that was gifted to him from Galadriel; no amount of human tech can match the quality of that bow. Legolas wrote the book on bow-wielding assasins; Hawkeye, Green Arrown and Red Arrow just read it.

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lord_Johnathan

@Matchstick said:

@Lord_Johnathan said:

There are a few problems with applying your comparison here. 1) It's impossible to apply an accurate comparison between a real life long bow and a fictional elven bow. 2)Legolas is an elf and has better stamina than a normal man. Remember that part where he ran for 3 days straight? Normal people don't have the stamina to do that. 3)We don't know your level of skill. For all we know you're doing it wrong. 4) Legolas has never shown fatigue due to using a bow in any of the movies or literature and he's been a part of some huge battles.

@SHAZAM117 said:

Close, they can see well in near darkness. In total darkness they are just as blind as everyone else but by moonlight they can see perfectly.

I may be a woman of slight build, but my technique is more or less right, though it's a tad awkward for Longbows, those things are just about six feet tall. As for the difference in the bows, as neither the real world or the elven bow had any simple mechanical systems like the pulleys used in modern composite bows, you still need to do all the work in drawing the string. This takes both some time if you want enough force behind your shot to pierce armor (I could only barely maintain four-ish shots a minute if I wanted enough force to go through chainmail), and a lot more effort. In a modern compound bow, the bow can be short bow sized, allowing for more room to maneuver, while still providing more force for less effort.

To my knowledge Legolas wears chainmail right? While it seems the writers sometimes aren't sure if the archers have body armor or not. Though something that can stop a 9mm may not necessarily stop a longbow fired arrow.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By MethoKi
No Caption Provided
Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Imperius_Rex

Nice thread. I enjoyed this one.

chazbarrientos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By chazbarrientos

@shazam117:

finally! someone who's into Tolkien lore!!

-->> first Legolas Greanleaf is a silvan elf (more dangerous than their other kin) 2nd he's a prince of the hunter class of the elves. Invisible in the dark. especially in the woods. third he is not using a just a regular medieval longbow. It is the Bow of the Galadhrim. They were amongst the best bows of all of Middle-earth. can shoot...hhhmmm if i'm not mistaken (used by Legolas) around 300-320 meters accurately. These bows were strung with strings of Elf-hair and they were likely made of wood from Mallorn trees...Mallorn-trees originally grew on Tol Eressëa, and probably also grew in Valinor.=meaning Land of the Valar) -the Gods.

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would agree that Legolas would take the victory, if he wasn't going up against 3 equally skilled bowmen. Legolas may be blood-lusted, but has any of us seen/read of him being better skilled while blood-lusted? If anything, that should hinder him more than benefit. Besides, having the strength, speed and stamina over someone doesn't mean they'd automatically win. To be fair, Legolas' bow is, what would be considered, centuries behind modern bows - and that plays a concern. Any of the 3 are capable of taking a shot and snapping his bow. The real downside is the Elven Forest; Legolas should know the ins and outs, easily dispatching his opponents - but again, blood-lusted is not necessarily beneficial in most cases.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Legolas is a skilled archer, most likely as skilled as each of his enemies, but by facing three enemies, each of whom possess superior technology, I have a hard time believing Legolas wins.

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just looked this fight up. Personally after seeing the new hobbit, I have no doubt that legolas can take these 3 on. First he would single out barton the tougher target, and kill him with stealth, and then he would focus on red and green arrow, they might be skilled in H2H but i doubt either of them would be able to take on legolas even both of them at the same time. So I say legolas wins by range agaainst barton and then Range + H2h for the arrow buddies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Green Arrow solos.

john_doe_0897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legolas wins. He keeps his distance and has knowledge of surroundings and far better speed and agility