Legolas vs Captain America (movie versions)

• 101 results
ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Fight take place in the forest

They start 50 ft away

Who wins?

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been done.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Cap stomps. He has the range advantage.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4 Lunacyde  Moderator
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@lunacyde said:

@jedixman: say huh?

The shield. Legolas has no weapons that can pierce it, and no means of successfully blocking it. Movie Cap has used his shield was a ranged weapon rather often.

Even if they got close, again, Legolas can't pierce the shield, and Cap has better durability, strength, and agility feats. Legolas only has him beat in raw skill, and that won't be enough.

Avatar image for romulusaugustus
RomulusAugustus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Also, guns. So. Yeah.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'e said before that Caps feats are pretty bad, I think Whedon dislikes the character as he was fairly useless in Avengers, although from the trailer things may pick up in WS.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legolas.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lunacyde  Moderator

@jedixman: Ok, I thought you meant Cap had actual greater range than Legolas which is patently false.

Secondly Cap has not shown superior agility to Legolas at all. Legolas' balance, and overall agility is greater than anything Cap has displayed.

Also, there is no proof that Cap could hit Legolas at distance with his shield. Legolas has enhanced reflexes, and in this environment there is a ton of cover. If he loses his shield he's in trouble.

It's hardly a stomp either way.

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'e said before that Caps feats are pretty bad, I think Whedon dislikes the character as he was fairly useless in Avengers, although from the trailer things may pick up in WS.

I thought featwise, he was pretty good in Avengers. Cap was actually originally the focus and perspective character of the audience in the original cut and script but the movie ended up being too long, so many of his scenes were cut. Even then, Cap had the most screen time, even more than Iron Man.

His feats (In Avengers only):

• Making a punching bag fly off the hook and burst
    • Making Loki grunt in pain and flinch with a kick (who had previously shrugged off bullets without flinching or reacting at all)
    • Showing far more martial skill than in the Captain America movie (various spinning kicks and holds more similar to the comic version's fighting style)
    • Ripping the limbs off of a Chitauri
    • Prying open a blast door through pure strength
    • Was gut shotted by a Chitauri blast. These same blasts were shown to destroy concrete and metal, even damaging Iron Man's armour. Cap took one and was only winded.
    • Showed great parkour/gymnastics skill navigating around the Helicarrier exterior, far more than anything shown in his movie
    • Showed insane agility feats during Battle of New York. He performed a front somersault off of a bus that was launched into the air by an explosion and not only landed on his feet, but kept running as well.

• He actually strategized during Avengers with not only his team but the NYPD as well

So really, his feats in the Avengers were far greater and closer to the comic incarnation than his own movie. I'd say Whedon is a pretty big Cap fan.

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@lunacyde said:

The shield. Legolas has no weapons that can pierce it, and no means of successfully blocking it. Movie Cap has used his shield was a ranged weapon rather often.

Even if they got close, again, Legolas can't pierce the shield, and Cap has better durability, strength, and agility feats. Legolas only has him beat in raw skill, and that won't be enough.

You didn't watch the LOTR/Hobbit movies at all did you?

Go watch Desolation of Smaug; then comeback and talk to me about agility.

Also this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=132WIdxvgdo

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r2datu: I think your overselling some pretty minor things, you've near enough listed everything he did in the film but you left out the bit where he was held in place by a nobody while on the hellicarrier.

Robey got one over on Loki when he went to get his suit, Black Widow got one over on him in the interrogation, Hulk with bash, Hawkeye with exploding arrow, hell even Colson with the gun, Cap got his ass beat by Loki until Robey swoops in.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JediXMan  Moderator
@lunacyde said:

@jedixman: Ok, I thought you meant Cap had actual greater range than Legolas which is patently false.

Secondly Cap has not shown superior agility to Legolas at all. Legolas' balance, and overall agility is greater than anything Cap has displayed.

Also, there is no proof that Cap could hit Legolas at distance with his shield. Legolas has enhanced reflexes, and in this environment there is a ton of cover. If he loses his shield he's in trouble.

It's hardly a stomp either way.

... wait...

Crap. I was thinking about Leonidas from 300. I've never see LotR.

Carry on.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lunacyde  Moderator

@jedixman: haha fair enough I was a bit confused lol, I figured you had something mistaken.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JediXMan  Moderator
@lunacyde said:

@jedixman: haha fair enough I was a bit confused lol, I figured you had something mistaken.

Yeah. I am in no position to judge Legolas, since I've yet to see any LotR movies.

Going by what I said, you can probably understand my point of view.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lunacyde  Moderator

@jedixman: My question is who the heck hasn't watched The Lord of the Rings?! Lol

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r2datu: I think your overselling some pretty minor things, you've near enough listed everything he did in the film but you left out the bit where he was held in place by a nobody while on the hellicarrier.

Robey got one over on Loki when he went to get his suit, Black Widow got one over on him in the interrogation, Hulk with bash, Hawkeye with exploding arrow, hell even Colson with the gun, Cap got his ass beat by Loki until Robey swoops in.

robey

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Making Loki grunt in pain and flinch with a kick (who had previously shrugged off bullets without flinching or reacting at all)

You're going to use this? You know Loki wasn't even trying, right?

Oh and I'd argue Legolas is more agile.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: my friend.he says its too long the trilogy and I told him "yet you watched the Godfather trilogy."

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lunacyde  Moderator

Too long? I've watched all 3 extended versions in one day! But seriously each movie is only around 3 hours, that's hardly difficult.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@lunacyde said:

From what I have seen from the extended Captain America trailer, I don't even know if he has him in the skill department. His H2H in The Winter Soldier is going to be pretty impressive.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lunacyde  Moderator

@slimj87d: until the movie comes out I am hesitant to use those feats.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By slimj87d

@lunacyde said:

That's fair, but I'm not hesistant. If you watch the scene where Iron man flies towards Captain America in the Avengers, he pretty much shows the same kind of combat prowess, he's also able to do a vertical leap well above a basketball player, about 10 feet into the air from my memory kicking one of those chitari soldiers.

And lets not forget the Captain America game which takes place in between a gap of the movie where all the voice actors are from the the movie as well.

Loading Video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23-eESGmquc

Either way, the Russo Brothers and Chris Evans have said in interviews that from this direct clip above, this is the way that movie Captain America fights.

Lastly, a strength feat I wanted to add besides him holding up a motorcycle with 3 women sitting on it with one hand in the air, in episode 10 of agents of shield it was revealed that Captain America was able to push a heavy bulldozer very fast within a short amount of time. A character amped by a similar serum was able to push it very quickly, but SHIELD informs him that he's not even close to breaking Steve's record.

Can't wait for the movie, in one of the fights he performs a twirling side flip and quickly kicks a henchman in the face. He's going to be beasting it H2H.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@slimj87d said:

@jedixman said:
@lunacyde said:

From what I have seen from the extended Captain America trailer, I don't even know if he has him in the skill department. His H2H in The Winter Soldier is going to be pretty impressive.

When I posted that, for some reason, I was thinking of Leonidas from 300. Since I don't know anything about Legolas, I have no idea whether what I said was accurate or not.

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@lunacyde said:

That's fair, but I'm not hesistant. If you watch the scene where Iron man flies towards Captain America in the Avengers, he pretty much shows the same kind of combat prowess, he's also able to do a vertical leap well above a basketball player, about 10 feet into the air from my memory kicking one of those chitari soldiers.

And lets not forget the Captain America game which takes place in between a gap of the movie where all the voice actors are from the the movie as well.

Loading Video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23-eESGmquc

Either way, the Russo Brothers and Chris Evans have said in interviews that from this direct clip above, this is the way that movie Captain America fights.

Lastly, a strength feat I wanted to add besides him holding up a motorcycle with 3 women sitting on it with one hand in the air, in episode 10 of agents of shield it was revealed that Captain America was able to push a heavy bulldozer very fast within a short amount of time. A character amped by a similar serum was able to push it very quickly, but SHIELD informs him that he's not even close to breaking Steve's record.

Can't wait for the movie, in one of the fights he performs a twirling side flip and quickly kicks a henchman in the face. He's going to be beasting it H2H.

Never seen that before, god that's cool. Is the actual game any good?

Also, they leaked a trailer a while back with the whole elevator scene and it was insane. They really made Cap out to be a total beast.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pokergeist

@slimj87d: Well IMO from what I seen of Avengers and First Avenger, and after rewatching LotRs just now, I leaning on Legolas. His Agiility is far greater, and Legolas makes use of the weirdest things to fight with. He is also Arrow speed fast (around 300 FPS) in reaction and combat speed. He also has not only his trusty bow that can fire 3 accurate arrows at a time, but also two elven swords. He is impressive in range and close combat as well. In the movies I never seen Legolas get trounced at all unlike Aragorn or Gimle.

Leaning on Legolas for now till the second movie comes out. Game looks great though.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I have yet to watch Desolation of Smaug but just from everything seen from LOTR, Legolas takes this rather handily considering the distance, environment and due possessing an advantage in every physical way and in terms of skill.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By slimj87d

@r2datu: I doubt the game was any good, honestly I didn't play it myself.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I still need to see Desolation of Smaug but even with his LOTR feats, I still lean slightly towards Legolas. It's true he has nothing that can get through Cap's shield but he's insanely agile and can fire off arrows at incredible speeds. All he needs is a surprise attack from a tree top and Cap's down for the count.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: but cap is really fast and agile in his movie as well if I remember right he runs down a car in a short stretch and cap is much stronger and more skilled in unarmed combat.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: Legolas jumped onto a Mumak and kept himself perfectly balanced on there whilst killing soliders and removing the entire canapy from the top of the Mumak before killing it and sliding down it like a boss. I'd like to see any of Cap's movie agility feats that beat that. Plus there's honestly not much proof to put Cap above Legolas in raw skill. Even in close combat, he cuts a path through Uruk Hai at Helm's Deep and Sauron's forces at the Black Gate. Skill is definitely in Legolas' quarter IMO even though I haven't seen DOS yet.

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Pope052

Legolas.

He has the skill, and speed advantage. He has shown better use with his Bow than Cap has with his Shield, he never misses his shot and he is able to deduce even the slightest openings that his opponent is showing, and firing in that exact spot.

Cap will have a lot of openings as his Shield is his only meaning of defence, and it does not cover his whole body where as Legolas had studied the weak points in Uruk-Hai armor beneath the arm and the neck (whilst a considerable few yards of distance was between them).

I have literally no doubt he'll have any trouble whatsoever shooting Cap, and his draw and fire speed is enough to end the fight in seconds.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RisingBean

@r2datu: The game is like playing an Arkham game where it's focused on the fighting as opposed to problem solving. It's worth a play.

I saw that leaked scene. It was beasty.

Going by the first three LotR, as I have not seen the new Hobbit movies, I'd be inclined to say that if Legolas can keep a distance and doesn't run out of ammo, he has a shot. Cap would make him fight for it. However in close up, I am inclined to think Cap's physicals and equipment make him too much for Legolas to handle.

If I was betting, I'd give Legolas the majority.

Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Stupid_People

Legolas wins this easy

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legolas

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: Even in LOTR, his close combat skills were pretty impressive. He slaughtered Uruk Hais left right and centre in Helm's Deep and can use his arrows to stab people up close. Cap'll have trouble with Legolas either way.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: While that is true, I just think that the shield deflects enough and it's not something Legolas can tank. I think speed is comparable so Cap should be able to land.

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap wins

Yeah! 'Merica!

Darkbiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Darkbiscuit

@deranged_midget: @comic_book_fan: @pope052: @pope052: @risingbean: @lvenger:

If youre saying Legolas based solely on the lotr trilogy, then watch the Desolation of Smaug and youll be his new groupie: much agile, such wow, whoa skill

When that elevator scene came I saw him go in and thought "oooh he is gonna get hurt, win or not". Then the scene changes and I flipped nuts, pecans, and seeds omg much strength, such hotness

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkbiscuit: Yeah, when the third one is about to hit theaters, I plan to rent the first two, then catch the last one. So I'll be awhile.

I should note that even now, with Legolas' marksmanship, I'd bet on him to take majority. Unless the next Cap blows me away with dodging feats and enemies with halfway decent aim.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: Legolas did pick out the Uruk Hai's weak points in their armour and deduced the weak points of a Mumak. Cap's armour was damaged by Chitauri shots so Legolas should be able to dodge around firing off arrows until some eventually find their mark.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

I saw that leaked scene. It was beasty.

Going by the first three LotR, as I have not seen the new Hobbit movies, I'd be inclined to say that if Legolas can keep a distance and doesn't run out of ammo, he has a shot. Cap would make him fight for it. However in close up, I am inclined to think Cap's physicals and equipment make him too much for Legolas to handle.

If I was betting, I'd give Legolas the majority.

THEMARD2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legolas in desolation of smaug was very agile and deadly. Not only that elves have 5 times the strength of a man. Legolas would be able to beat movie captain America. With his three swords (he gets another in desolation of smaug) captain America can't react to all three of the swords and arrows and the agility of elves. See the new Hobbit it shows legolas' beast mode.

THEMARD2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also Legolas has thousands of years of fighting experience and fought in many more wars than cap has. His fighting skill and prowess is well above captain America's in the movies.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on the movie versions, I would say that Legolas takes the majority. His 1000+ years training, his visuals of taking down 10 story high mammoths ect... win this for me. Legolas has shown superior speed, not to mention his eye sight. He has a significant range advantage and is wearing elven armor, so even if CA gets close he won't have an advantage over Legolas. If I am wrong somewhere, someone convince me.

Darkbiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Darkbiscuit

Legolas is not physically more fit: simply more agile. Cap wins in strength and outright sprinting speed (just for the record). I still stand by Legolas though

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Lunacyde  Moderator
ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like where this thread is going

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DarkRaiden

Cap wins. He's just as agile, dodges/blocks bullets (much faster than arrows) and is much stronger than anything Legolas has shown. If they go close, Cap destroys him via overpowering him/clobbering him with his shield. At range, Cap patiently waits for him to run out of arrows, blocking each one with ease with his shield. If he has a gun on him, he returns fire, likely killing legolas who hasn't shown he can dodge bullets at all.