User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@progenitor said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
"

@progenitor said:

"@Mediumguy said:
" @progenitor said:
" Batman's good, but you're talking about a guy that used one arm to gracefully and effortlessy pulled himself atop a speeding horse and whipped out arrows in timing which just might put Hawkeye to shame.  I will say Batman probably has superior knowledge of different H2H techniques, but Legolas has the advantage in speed and reaction time, being an elf and all.  I think it's safe to say the senses of an elf are superior to a human in every aspect.  I would say that Legolas Greenleaf would outclass Batman.  He single-handedly took down a frenzied elephant, I think Legolas would just be too fast for even Batman.  I give it to Legolas. "
Legolas defeats elephant Batman kills a god....do we really want to do this "
Right, Batman has incredible feats for a man, but Legolas has been speculated to be at least a couple hundred years old, perhaps thousands, and he's lived and fought to hone his skills through wartime.  His senses are so keen that he's able to track for miles and see with gifted sight, his reaction time is shown in the media thoroughly through his ability to pull arrows from his quip, using his daggers in quick and direct H2H combat, incredible speed.  I don't think Batman would be able to keep up. "

yeah he can fight of canon fodder that is far from a speed feat when compared to someone who catches arrows and dodges bullets

"
He's killed a Rider of a Fell Beast with just one arrow.  As crafty as Batman is, has Batman ever caught an arrow from a sipernatural presence like Legolas? Because he's said to be unrivaled in his skill as an archer, and as an elf, I think that his speed would be greater than that of, say, Green Arrow, in that he also uses the bow of Mirkwood.  Not to mention far more experienced.  I'd see Legolas nailing Batman's batarangs before he even has a chance to throw them.  Not all orcs should be considered "canon fodder" as they've taken down notable skilled warriors such as Boromir (well, Uruk-hai).  Elves have definitely been written to have it over men as far as speed, and supernatural senses go.  "

so your saying since legolas is firing the arrow it's going to travel faster? I'm really sorry but fail.  

and yes an urukai took down borimir from shooting him repeatedly well he was battleing numerous other orcs, and that was the most skilled, strongest and leader of the urukai so he wasn't canon fodder  

TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By TheBatman586

Batman's dodged bullets from a gatling gun that can shoot 5000 rounds per minute: 

Has Legolas ever done anything like that?
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Thor's hammmer

goodnight all
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By progenitorigin
@Thor's hammmer said:
"@progenitor said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
"

@progenitor said:

"@Mediumguy said:
" @progenitor said:
" Batman's good, but you're talking about a guy that used one arm to gracefully and effortlessy pulled himself atop a speeding horse and whipped out arrows in timing which just might put Hawkeye to shame.  I will say Batman probably has superior knowledge of different H2H techniques, but Legolas has the advantage in speed and reaction time, being an elf and all.  I think it's safe to say the senses of an elf are superior to a human in every aspect.  I would say that Legolas Greenleaf would outclass Batman.  He single-handedly took down a frenzied elephant, I think Legolas would just be too fast for even Batman.  I give it to Legolas. "
Legolas defeats elephant Batman kills a god....do we really want to do this "
Right, Batman has incredible feats for a man, but Legolas has been speculated to be at least a couple hundred years old, perhaps thousands, and he's lived and fought to hone his skills through wartime.  His senses are so keen that he's able to track for miles and see with gifted sight, his reaction time is shown in the media thoroughly through his ability to pull arrows from his quip, using his daggers in quick and direct H2H combat, incredible speed.  I don't think Batman would be able to keep up. "

yeah he can fight of canon fodder that is far from a speed feat when compared to someone who catches arrows and dodges bullets

"
He's killed a Rider of a Fell Beast with just one arrow.  As crafty as Batman is, has Batman ever caught an arrow from a sipernatural presence like Legolas? Because he's said to be unrivaled in his skill as an archer, and as an elf, I think that his speed would be greater than that of, say, Green Arrow, in that he also uses the bow of Mirkwood.  Not to mention far more experienced.  I'd see Legolas nailing Batman's batarangs before he even has a chance to throw them.  Not all orcs should be considered "canon fodder" as they've taken down notable skilled warriors such as Boromir (well, Uruk-hai).  Elves have definitely been written to have it over men as far as speed, and supernatural senses go.  "

so your saying since legolas is firing the arrow it's going to travel faster? I'm really sorry but fail.  

and yes an urukai took down borimir from shooting him repeatedly well he was battleing numerous other orcs, and that was the most skilled, strongest and leader of the urukai so he wasn't canon fodder    "

Well yeah.  I think that it's pretty much spelled out in the books that the speed of elves far outclasses the speed of men, not to mention as I said earlier, Legolas having the experience of having fought through wartime that far exceeds the lifetime of experience Batman's gathered as a man, talented as he is.  Legolas would most likely catch Batman in place using an arrow to pin his cape to the ground.  I know Batman's had stunts against guns and arrows before, but Legolas simply outclasses him in speed and reaction time.  If you don't believe me, look up the speed of elves in the Tolkien world.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By FinalStar86

I like how people keep saying Legolas outclasses him in speed and reaction time yet have nothing to show for it

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By progenitorigin
@FinalStar86 said:
"I like how people keep saying Legolas outclasses him in speed and reaction time yet have nothing to show for it "

Because his true feats are written in Tolkien's lore.  I don't have quotes on-hand, but i'll be sure to try and find specific mentions in the books I own, it's been a while.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By FinalStar86
@progenitor said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
"I like how people keep saying Legolas outclasses him in speed and reaction time yet have nothing to show for it "
Because his true feats are written in Tolkien's lore.  I don't have quotes on-hand, but i'll be sure to try and find specific mentions in the books I own, it's been a while. "
None of that matters, his feats are sub par in comparison, not only has he shown vastly inferior reaction time but he doesn't even have accuracy feats on par or anywhere near Bats
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By progenitorigin
@FinalStar86 said:
" @progenitor said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
Because his true feats are written in Tolkien's lore.  I don't have quotes on-hand, but i'll be sure to try and find specific mentions in the books I own, it's been a while. "
None of that matters, his feats are sub par in comparison, not only has he shown vastly inferior reaction time but he doesn't even have accuracy feats on par or anywhere near Bats "

'He was tall as a young tree, lithe, immensely strong, able swiftly to draw a great war-bow and shoot down a Nazgûl, endowed with the tremendous vitality of Elvish bodies, so hard and resistant to hurt that he went only in light shoes over rock or through snow, the most tireless of all the Fellowship.' (Book of Lost Tales 2, p. 333.)     

You're basing your claims of subpar feats on.. what, movie Legolas?
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By FinalStar86
@progenitor: Legolas in general, seriously how does of this help him in this fight? He is outmatched in everything including accuracy
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By progenitorigin
@FinalStar86 said:

" @progenitor: Legolas in general, seriously how does of this help him in this fight? He is outmatched in everything including accuracy "

For one, elves have been written to have superior senses to humans, shown when Legolas showed his gifted sight to track the Uruk-hai who were miles ahead, and and gifted hearing, briefly mentioned by a wood-elf Haldir who mentioned when they stealthy caught the Fellowship in the forest that the one dwarf in the group had breathed so heavily they could have shot him in the dark.  With his superior senses and hearing, Legolas would most likely hear Batman reaching for his batarang before Batman even knew what Legolas would plan.  Seriously, there is no comparison pitting a skilled elf against a skilled man.  Aragorn's skills were written as amazing with the bow and the sword, who do you think trained him? I'm not taking away anything from Hawkeye or Green Arrow, but the fact remains that Legolas, having the swiftness of a wood-elf, would most likely be quicker on the draw.  Batman really has no chance here, Legolas with his gifted senses would already know what Batman's planning to do before he executes.
Avatar image for prince_of_saiyans
Prince of Saiyans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman stomps

FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By FinalStar86
@progenitor said:

"  With his superior senses and hearing, Legolas would most likely hear Batman reaching for his batarang before Batman even knew what Legolas would plan.  Seriously, there is no comparison pitting a skilled elf against a skilled man.  Aragorn's skills were written as amazing with the bow and the sword, who do you think trained him? I'm not taking away anything from Hawkeye or Green Arrow, but the fact remains that Legolas, having the swiftness of a wood-elf, would most likely be quicker on the draw.  Batman really has no chance here, Legolas with his gifted senses would already know what Batman's planning to do before he executes. "

Really? Because last time I checked characters like Superman and Martian have trouble sensing Batman, Legolas would be absolutely clueless and left in the dark
Seriously, there is no comparison pitting a skilled man capable of knocking down choppers with knives and splitting arrows in half mid flight, to a skilled elf that has no feats and a bunch of fanboys defending him. 
Guess what, just like Legolas, Aragorn has nothing to suggest he is an archer compared to likes of GA or Hawkeye, even Batman has feats to show his superiority in archery over both Legolas and Aragorn.

You shouldn't take anything away from Clint or Ollie, because they have demonstrated more archery and accuracy skills and feats in individual comics then Legolas has in his entire existent

But the fact remains that Batman is faster then Legolas and has better accuracy and has actual feats to back this up

Having gifted senses doesn't = mind reading buddy, Daredevil has senses that put Legolas to shame and he loses to other human fighters so that logic fails

Batman casually disables this sub par archers bow then proceeds to one shot him. The only saving grace is Batman not wanting to kill him, won't stop him from breaking every bone in his his body, and if was blood lusted he could simply swoop behind him and snap his neck, Legolas would be dead before he realized what happened
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By progenitorigin
@FinalStar86 said:
" @progenitor said:
"  With his superior senses and hearing, Legolas would most likely hear Batman reaching for his batarang before Batman even knew what Legolas would plan.  Seriously, there is no comparison pitting a skilled elf against a skilled man.  Aragorn's skills were written as amazing with the bow and the sword, who do you think trained him? I'm not taking away anything from Hawkeye or Green Arrow, but the fact remains that Legolas, having the swiftness of a wood-elf, would most likely be quicker on the draw.  Batman really has no chance here, Legolas with his gifted senses would already know what Batman's planning to do before he executes. "
Really? Because last time I checked characters like Superman and Martian have trouble sensing Batman, Legolas would be absolutely clueless and left in the dark Seriously, there is no comparison pitting a skilled man capable of knocking down choppers with knives and splitting arrows in half mid flight, to a skilled elf that has no feats and a bunch of fanboys defending him.  You shouldn't take anything away from Clint or Ollie, because they have demonstrated more archery and accuracy skills and feats in individual comics then Legolas has in his entire existent  But the fact remains that Batman is faster then Legolas and has better accuracy and has actual feats to back this up  Having gifted senses doesn't = mind reading buddy, Daredevil has senses that put Legolas to shame and he loses to other human fighters so that logic fails  Batman casually disables this sub par archers bow then proceeds to one shot him.  "

Honestly man, I would say that Daredevil's senses are just below that of Legolas'.  As for Batman being faster than Legolas, a wood-elf, that's highly improbable and not very plausible.  I'm not even overrating Legolas' capabilities here, he nimbly lept across snow and rocks when the Fellowship struggled to go on, his sight could span miles as he was a pretty big reason for tracking the Uruk-hai that kidnapped the hobbits, he also was shown to have gifted sense in that he spoke pretty confidently of the evil he said was approaching.  I'm not saying that Legolas' superior senses means he could read Batman's mind, but Legolas would be able to move faster than Batman on the draw.  Elves were written to be masters of speed and stealth, moving through the woods without even being seen or detected.  I seriously doubt that Batman could have the speed to tag Legolas.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By Ferro Vida
@FinalStar86 said:
" @Korg said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" Batman would stomp the hell out of Legolas, Aragorn and Gimli in under 10 seconds, with a single baterang he would split his bow in half then proceed to beat the living hell out of this pathetic elf "
So you've never even read Lord of the Rings. Can't say I'm surprised. "
So you've never even read a Batman comic. Can't say I'm surprised See? I can make assumptions on what you have and haven't read before too  Maybe you can post some feats instead of randomly attacking people who have different opinions.  Don't worry, I'll wait "
I honestly thought you were joking at first, but this is just sad. Legolas can put an arrow through Batman's brain stem before Batman has time to so much as draw a batarang. Anyone who has read Lord of the Rings would be aware of this. I know you've acted the part of the fanboy in Batman threads before, but this is just ridiculous.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By FinalStar86
@Ferro Vida said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

" @Korg said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" Batman would stomp the hell out of Legolas, Aragorn and Gimli in under 10 seconds, with a single baterang he would split his bow in half then proceed to beat the living hell out of this pathetic elf "
So you've never even read a Batman comic. Can't say I'm surprised See? I can make assumptions on what you have and haven't read before too  Maybe you can post some feats instead of randomly attacking people who have different opinions.  Don't worry, I'll wait "
I honestly thought you were joking at first, but this is just sad. Legolas can put an arrow through Batman's brain stem before Batman has time to so much as draw a batarang. Anyone who has read Lord of the Rings would be aware of this. I know you've acted the part of the fanboy in Batman threads before, but this is just ridiculous. "
/waits for Legolas' feats
It's easy for someone to run their mouth, its harder to actually back up these statements.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Ferro Vida
@FinalStar86 said:
" @Ferro Vida said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

" @Korg said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
I honestly thought you were joking at first, but this is just sad. Legolas can put an arrow through Batman's brain stem before Batman has time to so much as draw a batarang. Anyone who has read Lord of the Rings would be aware of this. I know you've acted the part of the fanboy in Batman threads before, but this is just ridiculous. "
/waits for Legolas' feats It's easy for someone to run their mouth, its harder to actually back up these statements. "
Read a book without pictures then.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By FinalStar86
@Ferro Vida said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" @Ferro Vida said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

" @Korg said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
/waits for Legolas' feats It's easy for someone to run their mouth, its harder to actually back up these statements. "
Read a book without pictures then. "
I read alot of books without pictures, how about at least explaining what Legolas has done that would let him put an arrow through the brain of a bullet timer
You're doing the exact same thing Korg did, talking about how Legolas would do this but having nothing to warrant it
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By FinalStar86
@progenitor said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

" @progenitor said:
Really? Because last time I checked characters like Superman and Martian have trouble sensing Batman, Legolas would be absolutely clueless and left in the dark Seriously, there is no comparison pitting a skilled man capable of knocking down choppers with knives and splitting arrows in half mid flight, to a skilled elf that has no feats and a bunch of fanboys defending him.  You shouldn't take anything away from Clint or Ollie, because they have demonstrated more archery and accuracy skills and feats in individual comics then Legolas has in his entire existent  But the fact remains that Batman is faster then Legolas and has better accuracy and has actual feats to back this up  Having gifted senses doesn't = mind reading buddy, Daredevil has senses that put Legolas to shame and he loses to other human fighters so that logic fails  Batman casually disables this sub par archers bow then proceeds to one shot him.  "
Honestly man, I would say that Daredevil's senses are just below that of Legolas'.  As for Batman being faster than Legolas, a wood-elf, that's highly improbable and not very plausible.  I'm not even overrating Legolas' capabilities here, he nimbly lept across snow and rocks when the Fellowship struggled to go on, his sight could span miles as he was a pretty big reason for tracking the Uruk-hai that kidnapped the hobbits, he also was shown to have gifted sense in that he spoke pretty confidently of the evil he said was approaching.  I'm not saying that Legolas' superior senses means he could read Batman's mind, but Legolas would be able to move faster than Batman on the draw.  Elves were written to be masters of speed and stealth, moving through the woods without even being seen or detected.  I seriously doubt that Batman could have the speed to tag Legolas. "
See this is your problem, not just here but in most threads you post in, you have nothing to warrant any of this.  What speed has Legolas ever demonstrated that would let him keep up with a guy that can vanish in front of people who are looking right at him from a few feet away?  
Daredevil can hear and distinguish someone's heartbeat a mile away but Legolas has better senses then he does?

Why would he be beat him to the draw? Deadshot who not only has greater accuracy and uses guns which are easier to ready and fire then a bow, failed to beat him on the draw.

Elves are written to be masters of stealth and speed, so are ninjas.  Elves can move through the wood without being seen or detected, Batman has moved through alien strong holds and fortresses with 30th century technology without being seen or detected

Right, even though Bats has tagged people faster then Legolas consistently
Right, even though Batman has feats that would put him above Legolas in terms of speed and reaction time
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Ferro Vida
@FinalStar86: Surviving countless battles completely unscathed, making impossible shots with his bow and arrows faster then lesser beings can even react, scaling and killing an Oliphant and its riders while it was moving, killing over thirty heavily armored warriors in under a few minutes, being able to track Orcs when countless miles separate them, being able to sense impending danger, easily moving in environments where humans, dwarves, and hobbits alike struggle...

He has more years experience in combat then Batman has been alive in both long range and melee combat, not to mention that all wood elves are masters of stealth in their own right. Batman sneaking up on Superman either required prep, tech, or was PIS. Arguing otherwise is pointless, because Legolas would be able to identify his location based on his breathing or his heart beat.

To even argue that Batman would be able to tag Legolas with a batarang is ridiculous considering how much faster elves are then humans. Yes Batman is a bullet timer, good for him. But to say that he is faster and more accurate then Legolas displays a level of ignorance of both characters that I find shocking.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By progenitorigin
@FinalStar86 said:
" @progenitor said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" @progenitor said:
Honestly man, I would say that Daredevil's senses are just below that of Legolas'.  As for Batman being faster than Legolas, a wood-elf, that's highly improbable and not very plausible.  I'm not even overrating Legolas' capabilities here, he nimbly lept across snow and rocks when the Fellowship struggled to go on, his sight could span miles as he was a pretty big reason for tracking the Uruk-hai that kidnapped the hobbits, he also was shown to have gifted sense in that he spoke pretty confidently of the evil he said was approaching.  I'm not saying that Legolas' superior senses means he could read Batman's mind, but Legolas would be able to move faster than Batman on the draw.  Elves were written to be masters of speed and stealth, moving through the woods without even being seen or detected.  I seriously doubt that Batman could have the speed to tag Legolas. "
See this is your problem, not just here but in most threads you post in, you have nothing to warrant any of this.  What speed has Legolas ever demonstrated that would let him keep up with a guy that can vanish in front of people who are looking right at him from a few feet away?   Why would he be beat him to the draw? Deadshot who not only has greater accuracy and uses guns which are easier to ready and fire then a bow, failed to beat him on the draw.  Elves are written to be masters of stealth and speed, so are ninjas.  Elves can move through the wood without being seen or detected, Batman has moved through alien strong holds and fortresses with 30th century technology without being seen or detected  Right, even though Bats has tagged people faster then Legolas consistently Right, even though Batman has feats that would put him above Legolas in terms of speed and reaction time "

You're right, aside from the Tolkien quote I said above, I need to find particular quotes which highlight the supernatural augmentation that is the elves.  Problem is, having to go back through and find those particular quotes, which are hard to find, so bear with me as I continue my research, it's been a long time since i've read the books.  You're missing the point that Legolas is not only far more experienced in his age and wisdom, but also has far more experience with his own weapons than Batman does with his.  Legolas has lived far, far longer than Batman.  Legolas has never been shown to miss his target, he single-handedly took down a fell beast with a shot in the dark, one arrow to take down a beast about the size of a gigantic flying pterosaur. 

Aside from finding quotes that basically back up the pretty well-known fact that Elves are naturally faster and have gifted senses, I don't know how to get it through to you that Legolas outclasses Batman in wisdom and having fought in and won far more battles--wars.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Hellos
@FinalStar86 said:

"

Really? Because last time I checked characters like Superman and Martian have trouble sensing Batman,"

Thats because Bat's built a device for the soul purpose of suprising Superman with his whole "I'm Batman" routine.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By FinalStar86
@Hellos said:
" @FinalStar86 said:

"

Really? Because last time I checked characters like Superman and Martian have trouble sensing Batman,"
Thats because Bat's built a device for the soul purpose of suprising Superman with his whole "I'm Batman" routine. "
1 time for Superman
Never once was a device mentioned for Martian
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Hellos
@FinalStar86 said:

"1 time for Superman Never once was a device mentioned for Martian "

This I know god knows what Bruce carries on his belt that allows him to sneaky around him.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Ferro Vida
@FinalStar86 said:
" @Hellos said:
" @FinalStar86 said:

"

Thats because Bat's built a device for the soul purpose of suprising Superman with his whole "I'm Batman" routine. "
1 time for Superman Never once was a device mentioned for Martian "
Legolas isn't a telepath, so it doesn't matter.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By progenitorigin
@Ferro Vida said:
" @FinalStar86: Surviving countless battles completely unscathed, making impossible shots with his bow and arrows faster then lesser beings can even react, scaling and killing an Oliphant and its riders while it was moving, killing over thirty heavily armored warriors in under a few minutes, being able to track Orcs when countless miles separate them, being able to sense impending danger, easily moving in environments where humans, dwarves, and hobbits alike struggle...  He has more years experience in combat then Batman has been alive in both long range and melee combat, not to mention that all wood elves are masters of stealth in their own right. Batman sneaking up on Superman either required prep, tech, or was PIS. Arguing otherwise is pointless, because Legolas would be able to identify his location based on his breathing or his heart beat.  To even argue that Batman would be able to tag Legolas with a batarang is ridiculous considering how much faster elves are then humans. Yes Batman is a bullet timer, good for him. But to say that he is faster and more accurate then Legolas displays a level of ignorance of both characters that I find shocking. "

Agreed.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By FinalStar86
@Ferro Vida said:
" @FinalStar86: 1.Surviving countless battles completely unscathed, 2. making impossible shots with his bow and arrows faster then lesser beings can even react, 
3.scaling and killing an Oliphant and its riders while it was moving, 4. killing over thirty heavily armored warriors in under a few minutes, 5. being able to track Orcs when countless miles separate them, being able to sense impending danger, 6.  easily moving in environments where humans, dwarves, and hobbits alike struggle... 
7. He has more years experience in combat then Batman has been alive in both long range and melee combat, not to mention that all wood elves are masters of stealth in their own right. Batman sneaking up on Superman either required prep, tech, or was PIS. Arguing otherwise is pointless, because Legolas would be able to identify his location based on his breathing or his heart beat.  To even argue that Batman would be able to tag Legolas with a batarang is ridiculous considering how much faster elves are then humans. Yes Batman is a bullet timer, good for him. But to say that he is faster and more accurate then Legolas displays a level of ignorance of both characters that I find shocking. "
1. Done it
2. Done it with different projectiles
3. Killing Manhunters and Doomsday clones, destroyed a helicopter with a knife
4. Beat 100 members of the LOA in mere minutes
5. Tracking is the one advantage I might give Legolas and it doesn't help him in this fight 
6. I don't see how this is impressive at all
7. So did Darkseid, so did the numerous New Gods, Manhunters, and other various characters that Batman has fought, Experience will do nothing for Legolas here 

Yeah, masters of stealth in their own right which is absolute $hit in comparison to Batman, you can cry PIS all you want but it happened 3 times now and the fourth a device was mentioned and he still snuck up on MM who not only has super senses but is a telepath. 

Yeah, Elves may be faster then NORMAL humans, guess what though, Batman isn't a normal human.

When you actually bring FEATS that demonstrate Legolas having any superiority over Batman then maybe, just maybe you might have a decent argument on your hands.

To say Batman is faster and has better reaction times then Legolas isn't ignorance because Batman has better reaction feats and speed feats then Legolas, what is so hard for you to understand? Or maybe you have some vendetta against Batman
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By FinalStar86
@Ferro Vida said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

" @Hellos said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

"

Legolas isn't a telepath, so it doesn't matter. "
Martian has superhuman senses so yeah, it does matter, Legolas will never see Bats coming. 

@progenitor said:

"
You're right, aside from the Tolkien quote I said above, I need to find particular quotes which highlight the supernatural augmentation that is the elves.  Problem is, having to go back through and find those particular quotes, which are hard to find, so bear with me as I continue my research, it's been a long time since i've read the books.  You're missing the point that Legolas is not only far more experienced in his age and wisdom, but also has far more experience with his own weapons than Batman does with his.  Legolas has lived far, far longer than Batman.  Legolas has never been shown to miss his target, he single-handedly took down a fell beast with a shot in the dark, one arrow to take down a beast about the size of a gigantic flying pterosaur. 

Aside from finding quotes that basically back up the pretty well-known fact that Elves are naturally faster and have gifted senses, I don't know how to get it through to you that Legolas outclasses Batman in wisdom and having fought in and won far more battles--wars.   "

Yeah, lets take a look at that.

'He was tall as a young tree, lithe, immensely strong, able swiftly to draw a great war-bow and shoot down a Nazgûl, endowed with the tremendous vitality of Elvish bodies, so hard and resistant to hurt that he went only in light shoes over rock or through snow, the most tireless of all the Fellowship.' (Book of Lost Tales 2, p. 333.)    

So he's tall, has an unknown degree of physical strenght, is fast with a bow, and has some degree of durability.  

You're missing the point that experience isn't helping him in this fight. Not only because Bats beating characters with this advantage but Legolas has linear experience against 1 dimensional enemies.  
He may have been using a bow longer, but is that going to stop his bow from getting split in half? No..

I really don't understand why shooting down a beast with an arrow is impressive when Bats took down a chopper with a knife....

I don't know how to get it through to you that Batman has outsmarted freaking gods who possess the most advanced technology in the universe, yet you believe an elf who won battles against lineral enemies over the course of a shorter span gives him an advantage over Batman
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Hellos

Lol  
I haven't seen anyone here have some personal vendetta against Bat's. Much less Ferro. 
Hell why would anyone have a personal vendetta for a fictional character? :P
Mediumguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Mediumguy
@FinalStar86 said:
" @Ferro Vida said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

" @Hellos said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

"

Martian has superhuman senses so yeah, it does matter, Legolas will never see Bats coming. 

@progenitor said:

"

Aside from finding quotes that basically back up the pretty well-known fact that Elves are naturally faster and have gifted senses, I don't know how to get it through to you that Legolas outclasses Batman in wisdom and having fought in and won far more battles--wars.   "

'He was tall as a young tree, lithe, immensely strong, able swiftly to draw a great war-bow and shoot down a Nazgûl, endowed with the tremendous vitality of Elvish bodies, so hard and resistant to hurt that he went only in light shoes over rock or through snow, the most tireless of all the Fellowship.' (Book of Lost Tales 2, p. 333.)      So he's tall, has an unknown degree of physical strenght, is fast with a bow, and has some degree of durability.    You're missing the point that experience isn't helping him in this fight. Not only because Bats beating characters with this advantage but Legolas has linear experience against 1 dimensional enemies.   He may have been using a bow longer, but is that going to stop his bow from getting split in half? No..  I really don't understand why shooting down a beast with an arrow is impressive when Bats took down a chopper with a knife....  I don't know how to get it through to you that Batman has outsmarted freaking gods who possess the most advanced technology in the universe, yet you believe an elf who won battles against lineral enemies over the course of a shorter span gives him an advantage over Batman "
/thread
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Ferro Vida
@FinalStar86 said:
Yeah, Elves may be faster then NORMAL humans, guess what though, Batman isn't a normal human. 
What the f@ck. I was borderline taking you seriously before, but I'm done now. If you aren't aware of the fact that Batman does not, in fact, possess any "superhuman" characteristics, then I am done wasting my time talking to you. There are people I enjoy debating, but you are not one of them. Talking to you is like watching someone defecate on characters I like.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By FinalStar86

Seriously...I don't even know how this is a debate when Legolas' feats re mediocre and he's done nothing that Bats hasn't done 10x better

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By progenitorigin
@FinalStar86 said:
" @Ferro Vida said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

" @Hellos said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

"

@progenitor said:

"

'He was tall as a young tree, lithe, immensely strong, able swiftly to draw a great war-bow and shoot down a Nazgûl, endowed with the tremendous vitality of Elvish bodies, so hard and resistant to hurt that he went only in light shoes over rock or through snow, the most tireless of all the Fellowship.' (Book of Lost Tales 2, p. 333.)      So he's tall, has an unknown degree of physical strenght, is fast with a bow, and has some degree of durability.    You're missing the point that experience isn't helping him in this fight. Not only because Bats beating characters with this advantage but Legolas has linear experience against 1 dimensional enemies.   He may have been using a bow longer, but is that going to stop his bow from getting split in half? No..  I really don't understand why shooting down a beast with an arrow is impressive when Bats took down a chopper with a knife....  I don't know how to get it through to you that Batman has outsmarted freaking gods who possess the most advanced technology in the universe, yet you believe an elf who won battles against lineral enemies over the course of a shorter span gives him an advantage over Batman "

Yeah, that was one quote I could find off the top of my head in skimming back.  It's not exactly like a graphic novel, Tolkien's novels were deeply detailed.  Even Aragorn, who possessed incredible combat technique in being a ranger along with his elf influence, was humbled in the presence of elves.  I'm not taking anything away from Batman, for a human he's probably at the absolute peak, but that still doesn't mean he could match the enlightenment and wherewithal of an experienced elf in combat like Legolas.  Batman is incredibly fast for a man, but even olympic-level men honestly don't compare to the natural gifted abilities of the elves.  Honestly, Legolas would defeat Batman before Batman could even strategize an attack.  If you honestly don't understand why Legolas just plain outclasses Batman, you really need to read the books and familiarize with the lore.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By FinalStar86
@Ferro Vida said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
What the f@ck. I was borderline taking you seriously before, but I'm done now. If you aren't aware of the fact that Batman does not, in fact, possess any "superhuman" characteristics, then I am done wasting my time talking to you. There are people I enjoy debating, but you are not one of them. Talking to you is like watching someone defecate on characters I like. "
I never said Batman was superhuman but he certainly isn't a normal human. Normal humans can't outsmart the greatest minds in the universe and can't sneak into a fortress secured by 30th century tech.  Batman doesn't have to have any superhuman stats to win this fight.

TBH I really don't care if you take me seriously or not, I really never took you seriously somewhere between owning you on Daredevil vs Batman and this thread. 

The only thing I ever asked for is some feat that suggested Legolas could win this fight and so far, you named a bunch a mediocre feats that Batman has replicated 10x over.  What makes his arrows faster then arrows shot from someone like GA? What makes him more accurate then a guy who can tag speedsters like DS? What makes him faster then a guy that can dissapear in front of people staring at him 5 feet away? Nothing, and nothing
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Hellos
@Ferro Vida said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
Yeah, Elves may be faster then NORMAL humans, guess what though, Batman isn't a normal human
What the f@ck. I was borderline taking you seriously before, but I'm done now. If you aren't aware of the fact that Batman does not, in fact, possess any "superhuman" characteristics, then I am done wasting my time talking to you. There are people I enjoy debating, but you are not one of them. Talking to you is like watching someone defecate on characters I like. "

To be fair that could mean anything. The guy dressed up in a skin tight suit with bat ears on his head as he beats he living daylights out of people with his fists. :P
Compared to the average guy thats trying to get by.

Not to mention the guy likely has hordes of issues that he hasn't dealth with.

@Mediumguy
said:
"/thread "

I don't see why it would be.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By progenitorigin
@Ferro Vida said:
" @FinalStar86 said:

Yeah.  I couldn't have said that any better.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By progenitorigin
@FinalStar86 said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
I never said Batman was superhuman but he certainly isn't a normal human. Normal humans can't outsmart the greatest minds in the universe and can't sneak into a fortress secured by 30th century tech.  Batman doesn't have to have any superhuman stats to win this fight.  TBH I really don't care if you take me seriously or not, I really never took you seriously somewhere between owning you on Daredevil vs Batman and this thread.   The only thing I ever asked for is some feat that suggested Legolas could win this fight and so far, you named a bunch a mediocre feats that Batman has replicated 10x over.  What makes his arrows faster then arrows shot from someone like GA? What makes him more accurate then a guy who can tag speedsters like DS? What makes him faster then a guy that can dissapear in front of people staring at him 5 feet away? Nothing, and nothing "

Because elves are supernatural.  Each kind of elf have an enlightenment of part of the earth in which they live.  Elves are naturally faster, I dunno how many times thas has to be said.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Hellos said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
Yeah, Elves may be faster then NORMAL humans, guess what though, Batman isn't a normal human

To be fair that could mean anything. The guy dressed up in a skin tight suit with bat ears on his head as he beats he living daylights out of people with his fists. :P
Compared to the average guy thats trying to get by.

Not to mention the guy likely has hordes of issues that he hasn't dealth with.

I actually read an essay written by a psychology professor about anti-heroes that listed off several characters from comics as examples and stated that Batman is almost certainly psychotic. LOL
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By FinalStar86
@progenitor said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" @Ferro Vida said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

" @Hellos said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

"

@progenitor said:

"

Yeah, that was one quote I could find off the top of my head in skimming back.  It's not exactly like a graphic novel, Tolkien's novels were deeply detailed.  Even Aragorn, who possessed incredible combat technique in being a ranger along with his elf influence, was humbled in the presence of elves.  I'm not taking anything away from Batman, for a human he's probably at the absolute peak, but that still doesn't mean he could match the enlightenment and wherewithal of an experienced elf in combat like Legolas.  Batman is incredibly fast for a man, but even olympic-level men honestly don't compare to the natural gifted abilities of the elves.  Honestly, Legolas would defeat Batman before Batman could even strategize an attack.  If you honestly don't understand why Legolas just plain outclasses Batman, you really need to read the books and familiarize with the lore. "
The one quote that proved absolutely nothing except that he has some degree of physical strenght and durability which aren;'t even classified

I'm not taking anything away from Legolas, for his world he probably his the best archer his showings aren't sub par compared to Batman, Bats could end this fight in mere seconds if he wanted to by sneaking up on Legolas and and elbowing him in the back of the neck.  He could disable his weapon with a single projectile if he wanted to., Legolas would be absolutely helpless while Bats picked him apart. 

Honestly, Batman would defeat Legolas before Legolas would even realize he is even in a fight, if you honestly don't understand why Batman just plain outclasses Legolas, you really need to read the books and familiarize with the lore.

See? This is how your argument sounds like on all threads, baseless claims made with no evidence to support them. Legolas has shown nothing that would suggest he is on Batmans level physically or in terms of skill. His srchery and accuracy showings are sub par and anything he has done, Bats has done 10x bettter

Hell if he was blood lusted, Bats would throw a baterang into Legolas' skull before Legolas could even blink
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By FinalStar86
@progenitor said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
I never said Batman was superhuman but he certainly isn't a normal human. Normal humans can't outsmart the greatest minds in the universe and can't sneak into a fortress secured by 30th century tech.  Batman doesn't have to have any superhuman stats to win this fight.  TBH I really don't care if you take me seriously or not, I really never took you seriously somewhere between owning you on Daredevil vs Batman and this thread.   The only thing I ever asked for is some feat that suggested Legolas could win this fight and so far, you named a bunch a mediocre feats that Batman has replicated 10x over.  What makes his arrows faster then arrows shot from someone like GA? What makes him more accurate then a guy who can tag speedsters like DS? What makes him faster then a guy that can dissapear in front of people staring at him 5 feet away? Nothing, and nothing "

Because elves are supernatural.  Each kind of elf have an enlightenment of part of the earth in which they live.  Elves are naturally faster, I dunno how many times thas has to be said. "
This is an incredibly retarded explnation, there isn't anything to suggest his arrows move any faster then arrows in comics or any other form of media. Elves may be naturally faster then normal untrained humans, Batman doesn't fit into any of those categories.
Guess what, Batman has out reacted and out maneuvered characters who not only outclass Legolas but have actual superhuman speed, so he can certainly out react and maneuver someone who has has no feats and has a statement of being faster then a human.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By progenitorigin
@FinalStar86 said:
" @progenitor said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" @Ferro Vida said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

" @Hellos said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

"

@progenitor said:

"

Yeah, that was one quote I could find off the top of my head in skimming back.  It's not exactly like a graphic novel, Tolkien's novels were deeply detailed.  Even Aragorn, who possessed incredible combat technique in being a ranger along with his elf influence, was humbled in the presence of elves.  I'm not taking anything away from Batman, for a human he's probably at the absolute peak, but that still doesn't mean he could match the enlightenment and wherewithal of an experienced elf in combat like Legolas.  Batman is incredibly fast for a man, but even olympic-level men honestly don't compare to the natural gifted abilities of the elves.  Honestly, Legolas would defeat Batman before Batman could even strategize an attack.  If you honestly don't understand why Legolas just plain outclasses Batman, you really need to read the books and familiarize with the lore. "
The one quote that proved absolutely nothing except that he has some degree of physical strenght and durability which aren;'t even classified  I'm not taking anything away from Legolas, for his world he probably his the best archer his showings aren't sub par compared to Batman, Bats could end this fight in mere seconds if he wanted to by sneaking up on Legolas and and elbowing him in the back of the neck.  He could disable his weapon with a single projectile if he wanted to., Legolas would be absolutely helpless while Bats picked him apart.   Honestly, Batman would defeat Legolas before Legolas would even realize he is even in a fight, if you honestly don't understand why Batman just plain outclasses Legolas, you really need to read the books and familiarize with the lore.   See? This is how your argument sounds like on all threads, baseless claims made with no evidence to support them. Legolas has shown nothing that would suggest he is on Batmans level physically or in terms of skill. His srchery and accuracy showings are sub par and anything he has done, Bats has done 10x bettter  Hell if he was blood lusted, Bats would throw a baterang into Legolas' skull before Legolas could even blink "

Wow, the fact that you think Batman could sneak up on a wood-elf, much less Legolas, or be able to throw a batarang through his head just shows how little you know.  They're not baseless claims if you know why they're being claimed, if you read Tolkien's books, which delve into the past and creation of the elves, and capabilities, you would understand why your argument is honestly confusing.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By FinalStar86
@progenitor said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" @progenitor said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" @Ferro Vida said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

" @Hellos said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

"

@progenitor said:

"

The one quote that proved absolutely nothing except that he has some degree of physical strenght and durability which aren;'t even classified  I'm not taking anything away from Legolas, for his world he probably his the best archer his showings aren't sub par compared to Batman, Bats could end this fight in mere seconds if he wanted to by sneaking up on Legolas and and elbowing him in the back of the neck.  He could disable his weapon with a single projectile if he wanted to., Legolas would be absolutely helpless while Bats picked him apart.   Honestly, Batman would defeat Legolas before Legolas would even realize he is even in a fight, if you honestly don't understand why Batman just plain outclasses Legolas, you really need to read the books and familiarize with the lore.   See? This is how your argument sounds like on all threads, baseless claims made with no evidence to support them. Legolas has shown nothing that would suggest he is on Batmans level physically or in terms of skill. His srchery and accuracy showings are sub par and anything he has done, Bats has done 10x bettter  Hell if he was blood lusted, Bats would throw a baterang into Legolas' skull before Legolas could even blink "
Wow, the fact that you think Batman could sneak up on a wood-elf, much less Legolas, or be able to throw a batarang through his head just shows how little you know.  They're not baseless claims if you know why they're being claimed, if you read Tolkien's books, which delve into the past and creation of the elves, and capabilities, you would understand why your argument is honestly confusing. "
Wow, the fact that you think that Batman, a guy who sneaks up on characters with superhuman senses, can't sneak up on a guy who has no superhuman senses just shows how little you know.

I really wouldn't talk about a confusing argument since you basically stated that Legolas arrows move faster because he is super natural.  That is a baseless claim, his arrows don't travel any faster then arrows shot from any other archer. 
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Hellos
@FinalStar86 said:

"That is a baseless claim, his arrows don't travel any faster then arrows shot from any other archer.  "

I have trouble believing that.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By FinalStar86
@Hellos said:
" @FinalStar86 said:

"That is a baseless claim, his arrows don't travel any faster then arrows shot from any other archer.  "
I have trouble believing that. "
It isn't a matter of accuracy, an arrow should travel at the same speed weather shot from a novice or a master.  Even so, their certainly isn't anything to suggest Legolas' arrows traveling faster
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By progenitorigin
@FinalStar86 said:
" @progenitor said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" @progenitor said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" @Ferro Vida said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

" @Hellos said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

"

@progenitor said:

"

Wow, the fact that you think Batman could sneak up on a wood-elf, much less Legolas, or be able to throw a batarang through his head just shows how little you know.  They're not baseless claims if you know why they're being claimed, if you read Tolkien's books, which delve into the past and creation of the elves, and capabilities, you would understand why your argument is honestly confusing. "
Wow, the fact that you think that Batman, a guy who sneaks up on characters with superhuman senses, can't sneak up on a guy who has no superhuman senses just shows how little you know.  I really wouldn't talk about a confusing argument since you basically stated that Legolas arrows move faster because he is super natural.  That is a baseless claim, his arrows don't travel any faster then arrows shot from any other archer.  "

Seriously.  Stop while you can, you just said that Legolas has no senses that could be considered superhuman.  Read the books and then come back to this debate.  Legolas has proven time and time again that no only is he unrivaled in archery, but moves with incredible speed and wherewithal.  Batman is an olympic-level human in peak condition.  That still doesn't mean anything against a seasoned combat veteran like Legolas.  Legolas has slain countless amounts of orcs and Uruk-hai, who are basically elves twisted by dark mystics, Legolas has slain Fell Beasts, Wargs, Cave Trolls, Elephants, for christ sakes.  I understand you're basing your argument that Batman's faced supernatural foes, but Legolas outclasses him.  If you're going to reach and make claims of elves which you obviously have no clue of, there isn't much to continuing this.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By progenitorigin
@FinalStar86 said:
" @Hellos said:
" @FinalStar86 said:

It isn't a matter of accuracy, an arrow should travel at the same speed weather shot from a novice or a master.  Even so, their certainly isn't anything to suggest Legolas' arrows traveling faster "

The velocity of an arrow does, in fact, vary upon the user.  You think a novice shooting an arrow has the same speed as a master with the bow? Seriously?
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By FinalStar86
@progenitor said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" @progenitor said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" @progenitor said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" @Ferro Vida said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

" @Hellos said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

"

@progenitor said:

"

Wow, the fact that you think that Batman, a guy who sneaks up on characters with superhuman senses, can't sneak up on a guy who has no superhuman senses just shows how little you know.  I really wouldn't talk about a confusing argument since you basically stated that Legolas arrows move faster because he is super natural.  That is a baseless claim, his arrows don't travel any faster then arrows shot from any other archer.  "
Seriously.  Stop while you can, you just said that Legolas has no senses that could be considered superhuman.  Read the books and then come back to this debate.  Legolas has proven time and time again that no only is he unrivaled in archery, but moves with incredible speed and wherewithal.  Batman is an olympic-level human in peak condition.  That still doesn't mean anything against a seasoned combat veteran like Legolas.  Legolas has slain countless amounts of orcs and Uruk-hai, who are basically elves twisted by dark mystics, Legolas has slain Fell Beasts, Wargs, Cave Trolls, Elephants, for christ sakes.  I understand you're basing your argument that Batman's faced supernatural foes, but Legolas outclasses him.  If you're going to reach and make claims of elves which you obviously have no clue of, there isn't much to continuing this. "
Seriously, stop while you can. The only thing close to superhuman that you stated was that he was able to see enemies from a far distance, that is the only bone I would throw you
Legolas has proven time and time again that not only is he unrivaled in archery [in his world], but moves at incredible speeds [for LOTR standards]

Batman isn't an oylmpic level human, he is a peak level human, but he does things that would be considered enhanced and possibly superhuman on a consistent basis. So I really don't see what you're trying to prove

Why do you keep bringing in the experience argument? Batman has defeated and humilated characters with more experience then Legolas, seriously just stop..Experience will do no favors to either side here.

Yeah, Legolas has slayed a bunch of lumbering canon fodder beast with no intelligence, how does this help him against Batman? Even if you wanted to stick to that Bats would have him beaten in that aspect as well

I understand your basing your argument that Legolas may be the best archer in his world, But Batman outclasses him

Let me know when Legolas can shoot projectiles mid flight and can vanish right in front of someone.  

If you're going toreach and make claims of Batman which you obviously have no clue of, there isn't much any point in continuing this...
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#97  Edited By EdwardWindsor

Legolas would win easy hes both naturaly faster and more agile, he has centuries of fighting experience has shown pin point accuracy from miles away. Has  also shown the speed to draw and fire 3 arrow  to make 3 kill shots to the head in like  sub 3 seconds " in movie mines of moria". Took down and armoured elephont with one shot which was easily tean times his size and mass which bats could never do with one batrang.  all his weapons are elvish and thus way more powerful l and better crafted than any human weapon. Hence why aragons sword is the best sword why  elfish armour is better than humasn etc.

Also its not  baseless claim Leglosas arrows travel faster. He has a an elfish bow designed espeically to be light and effective for his race. His skill and the afct the bow isnt just standard make a huge difference to his abilties.

FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By FinalStar86
@progenitor said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" @Hellos said:
" @FinalStar86 said:

It isn't a matter of accuracy, an arrow should travel at the same speed weather shot from a novice or a master.  Even so, their certainly isn't anything to suggest Legolas' arrows traveling faster "
The velocity of an arrow does, in fact, vary upon the user.  You think a novice shooting an arrow has the same speed as a master with the bow? Seriously? "
The ONLY thing that would cause an arrow to go faster would be how well placed it is on the string and how far the string is pulled. 
Even so, there is nothing to suggest Legolas' arrows travel faster then anyone elses
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Hellos
@FinalStar86 said:

"It isn't a matter of accuracy, an arrow should travel at the same speed weather shot from a novice or a master.  Even so, their certainly isn't anything to suggest Legolas' arrows traveling faster "

Again I doubt that.  
But perhaps my train of thought is why I disagree
I'm thinking you certainly have different kind of bows, arrows, some much large and smaller.  
The you have the persons ability to properly use the bow and their physical strength to pull said bow string as far as the bow allows.   
What the bow, the bow string and arrows are made of should also matter. 

I would asume all of this would affect into travel speed, distance, not to mention the arrow's piercing power and damage to target.
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#100  Edited By EdwardWindsor
@Hellos:  you are correct a persons strenght , the thickness and weight of the draw string  the actual arrow and bow effect the maximum speed. I know this to be fact i studyed ballistics  at university as part of my course and know  the principles of arrow propulsion as a combination of that and doing arcehry myself.