#1 Posted by Ebbm (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

the battle takes place in Balin's tomb 

Legolas has his bow and 20 arrows 

Batman is suited up and has 5 batarangs with him.  nothing else

They start at opposite ends. Who wins and why?
#2 Posted by rangersoul6 (428 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Solos all of the LOTR universe.

#3 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Legolas beats Batman pretty easily. He has centuries of experience fighting and using his bow, uses a fighting style Batman is completely unfamiliar with, and is physically superior, most notably in reaction time. The batarangs would be no threat.

#4 Posted by rangersoul6 (428 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg: No, Batman wins.
#5 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@rangersoul6 said:

" @Korg: No, Batman wins. "

He wins at losing this fight, yes.
#6 Posted by FinalStar86 (8583 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman would stomp the hell out of Legolas, Aragorn and Gimli in under 10 seconds, with a single baterang he would split his bow in half then proceed to beat the living hell out of this pathetic elf

#7 Posted by rangersoul6 (428 posts) - - Show Bio
@FinalStar86 said:
" Batman would stomp the hell out of Legolas, Aragorn and Gimli in under 10 seconds, with a single baterang he would split his bow in half then proceed to beat the living hell out of this pathetic elf "
^ This.
#8 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@FinalStar86 said:
" Batman would stomp the hell out of Legolas, Aragorn and Gimli in under 10 seconds, with a single baterang he would split his bow in half then proceed to beat the living hell out of this pathetic elf "
So you've never even read Lord of the Rings. Can't say I'm surprised.
#9 Posted by rangersoul6 (428 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg:  Legolas would be looking at batman like "wtf" then batman would throw something at him, and legolas would die.
#10 Posted by FinalStar86 (8583 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
So you've never even read Lord of the Rings. Can't say I'm surprised. "
So you've never even read a Batman comic. Can't say I'm surprised
See? I can make assumptions on what you have and haven't read before too

Maybe you can post some feats instead of randomly attacking people who have different opinions.  Don't worry, I'll wait
#11 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio

legolas shoots him in the mouth
#12 Posted by rangersoul6 (428 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer:  with marshmallows. Yummy.
#13 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@FinalStar86: Maybe you could post an actual reason as to why Batman wins. I'm perfectly aware of Batman's abilities and feats, while your comments have shown that you lack basic knowledge about Legolas, Aragorn, and Gimli.
#14 Edited by FinalStar86 (8583 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg:  I already explained that he could disable his weapon with a projectile, how about posting some scans or feats for Legolas now. It's easy to say Legolas is physically superior and has better reaction times but when it comes down to proving it, what makes his reaction times better then a bullet timer? What makes him physically superior? What speed strenght and durability feats does he have? I'm asking YOU to show me what he's capable of, instead all I'm getting is"you know nothing about LOTR" Then by all means enlighten us
#15 Posted by Agent9149 (2868 posts) - - Show Bio

legolas does a hair flip and the universe blows up

#16 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio
@rangersoul6 said:
" @Thor's hammmer:  with arrows and he dies . "

yeah thats more like it
#17 Posted by FinalStar86 (8583 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
" legolas shoots him in the mouth "
Correction, Legolas tries to shoot him, Bats either dodges or splits his arrow in half
#18 Posted by FinalStar86 (8583 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
", uses a fighting style Batman is completely unfamiliar with, "
BTW This is a double standard right here, how many real life martial arts and fighting styles exist in LOTR? Same thing can be said about Legolas where Bats uses several fighting styles that HE may be unfamiliar with. 
#19 Posted by JEdThing (171 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @rangersoul6 said:

" @Korg: No, Batman wins. "

He wins at losing this fight, yes. "
^ lol, I agree.
#20 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@FinalStar86 said:
" how about posting some scans"
LMAO, you're hopeless. I know you have no real case for Batman. I'm not obligated to educate you on a character in a battle thread. If you're not familiar with the character, you shouldn't be posting in this thread.
#21 Posted by FinalStar86 (8583 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" how about posting some scans"
LMAO, you're hopeless. I know you have no real case for Batman. I'm not obligated to educate you on a character in a battle thread. If you're not familiar with the character, you shouldn't be posting in this thread. "
LMAO, you're hopeless. I know you have no real case for Legolas.  No, but you're obligated to at least give some explanation of why the character your defending wins.  Without an explanation you're post is a baseless statement that holds no validity, take your double standardizing crap out elsewhere please
#22 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@FinalStar86 said:
"you're obligated to at least give some explanation of why the character your defending wins."
I did this. You did not. 

@FinalStar86 said:
" Without an explanation you're post is a baseless statement that holds no validity, "
You just described your own posts quite succinctly.
#23 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio
@FinalStar86:
... I was joking  

batman defeats hundreds of men unarmed legolas defeats 40 with a bow an arrow to short swords and a long sword and most of those kills were with the bow  
#24 Posted by FinalStar86 (8583 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg:Correction, you stated that he was physically superior and had better reaction times with no proof, big difference between an explanation and a baseless statement.  I can make the same claim about Batman and actually have scans to back myself up.
I stated that Batman could disable his weapon which is something he has actually DONE in his comics and unlike you, I have actual proof of this.

Seriously, if you don't show proof of Legolas physical stats or reaction time in your next post then I'm done with you.  You don't even have to show scans of any text from the books, just explain with your own words what he's capable of.
#25 Posted by FinalStar86 (8583 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer:  All I'm asking is some indication of what Legolas is capable of.  Because right now I can make the same claim of Batman being physically superior and having better reaction time too.  

Someone said that Legolas would use a fighting style Batman is unfamiliar with, the same thing would could be said for Legolas unless someone thinks every Earth based fighting style somehow existed in Middle Earth.  It's a double standard made by a guy who refuses to at least explain the extent of his ability
#26 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@FinalStar86 said:
" Seriously, if you don't show proof of Legolas physical stats or reaction time in your next post then I'm done with you."
I guess you're done with me then. Good riddance. I've already told you that you have no place in this thread, as you lack even basic knowledge on Legolas to begin with. Educate yourself, then come back when you can actually have a discussion about both characters, instead of just one.
#27 Edited by FinalStar86 (8583 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

" Seriously, if you don't show proof of Legolas physical stats or reaction time in your next post then I'm done with you."
I guess you're done with me then. Good riddance. I've already told you that you have no place in this thread, as you lack even basic knowledge on Legolas to begin with. Educate yourself, then come back when you can actually have a discussion about both characters, instead of just one. "
Translation: I don't have a valid case, just baseless claims that I can't back up and double standards
Don't worry, I'll just do what you're doing
Batman would beat Legolas very easily because he has better physical stats, better reaction time, and uses numerous fighting styles that Legolas is unfamiliar with
I have my scans, just waiting on yours now =l

Oh and for someone who supposedly is an expert on LOTR You seem to have much trouble on making a valid case.  Next time think before trolling and calling someone out son
#28 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio
@FinalStar86: 

hey i'm not arguing with you I think batmans gunna win  

elves in tokens sries have demonstrated super strength so I guess it is possible that legolas is physically superior but I doubt it since that was a different type of elf  
#29 Posted by FinalStar86 (8583 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer:  Hey that's fine, I don't have a problem with someone saying Legolas would win, I just want to know what is capable of doing but the one troll that is defending him refuses to at least list a few of his feats. 
#30 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@FinalStar86 said:
" I have my scans, just waiting on yours now =l "
 Well, you see:

@FinalStar86
said:
" You don't even have to show scans "
So I won't be showing any scans (that part still cracks me up). I thought you were done with me anyway?
#31 Edited by FinalStar86 (8583 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg:  I'm done expecting any evidence or proof from you, I'm done acknowledging your post and expecting a reasonable argument
I still will acknowledge you as a troll though
#32 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@FinalStar86 said:
" I still will acknowledge you as a troll though "
So you're not done. There is a troll in this thread, but it certainly isn't me.
#33 Posted by FinalStar86 (8583 posts) - - Show Bio

Again
@FinalStar86 said:

" @Korg:  I'm done expecting any evidence or proof from you, I'm done acknowledging your post and expecting a reasonable argument 
I still will acknowledge you as a troll though "
#34 Posted by Mediumguy (166 posts) - - Show Bio

Legolas was trained to shoot arrows...Batman trained to dodge bullets.  Unless physics has changed to where arrows are faster than bullets I'd say Batman has the upper hand.

#35 Posted by FinalStar86 (8583 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mediumguy said:
" Legolas was trained to shoot arrows...Batman trained to dodge bullets.  Unless physics has changed to where arrows are faster than bullets I'd say Batman has the upper hand. "
He can catch arrows and split them half mid flight also. 
#36 Posted by progenitor (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman's good, but you're talking about a guy that used one arm to gracefully and effortlessy pulled himself atop a speeding horse and whipped out arrows in timing which just might put Hawkeye to shame.  I will say Batman probably has superior knowledge of different H2H techniques, but Legolas has the advantage in speed and reaction time, being an elf and all.  I think it's safe to say the senses of an elf are superior to a human in every aspect.  I would say that Legolas Greenleaf would outclass Batman.  He single-handedly took down a frenzied elephant, I think Legolas would just be too fast for even Batman.  I give it to Legolas.
#37 Posted by Mediumguy (166 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor said:
" Batman's good, but you're talking about a guy that used one arm to gracefully and effortlessy pulled himself atop a speeding horse and whipped out arrows in timing which just might put Hawkeye to shame.  I will say Batman probably has superior knowledge of different H2H techniques, but Legolas has the advantage in speed and reaction time, being an elf and all.  I think it's safe to say the senses of an elf are superior to a human in every aspect.  I would say that Legolas Greenleaf would outclass Batman.  He single-handedly took down a frenzied elephant, I think Legolas would just be too fast for even Batman.  I give it to Legolas. "
Legolas defeats elephant Batman kills a god....do we really want to do this
#38 Edited by FinalStar86 (8583 posts) - - Show Bio

How exactly does Legolas have better reaction time then a guy who is a bullet timer and can split an arrow in half mid flight? 
How is he faster then a guy who who can vanish in plain sight of people looking right at him and are only a few feet away? 
I was expecting some ridiculous feats from Legolas but those are just sad considering how hyped he was earlier.

Batman splits his bow in half then breaks both of his arms so he will never be able to use a bow again

#39 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@FinalStar86 said:
"Next time think before trolling and calling someone out son "
Ok, I'll call you out again, "son". Show me that you know anything about Legolas, and that you have any place in this thread to begin with. Prove to me that you have read Lord of the Rings. I know Batman. You don't know Legolas. You made a ridiculous claim in your first post, and after I called you out on it, you completely failed to prove me wrong. Instead you decided to act like an obstinate child, and start calling me names.
#40 Posted by FinalStar86 (8583 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg: Technically I never called you any names, you've done nothing but troll this entire thread
 and instead at least naming some of his feats you pull out the "you know nothing about [insert character]" excuse

Just stop wasting my time, I'll at least give someone here credit for at least showing what a certain character is capable of

Oh and it seems you know little about Batman since you basically double standard earlier, because if Batman is unfamiliar with Legolas' fighting style, why would an elf from another world be familiar with Batmans fighting style? 

Go home, you ate all the troll food already
#41 Posted by progenitor (7533 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mediumguy said:
" @progenitor said:
" Batman's good, but you're talking about a guy that used one arm to gracefully and effortlessy pulled himself atop a speeding horse and whipped out arrows in timing which just might put Hawkeye to shame.  I will say Batman probably has superior knowledge of different H2H techniques, but Legolas has the advantage in speed and reaction time, being an elf and all.  I think it's safe to say the senses of an elf are superior to a human in every aspect.  I would say that Legolas Greenleaf would outclass Batman.  He single-handedly took down a frenzied elephant, I think Legolas would just be too fast for even Batman.  I give it to Legolas. "
Legolas defeats elephant Batman kills a god....do we really want to do this "

Right, Batman has incredible feats for a man, but Legolas has been speculated to be at least a couple hundred years old, perhaps thousands, and he's lived and fought to hone his skills through wartime.  His senses are so keen that he's able to track for miles and see with gifted sight, his reaction time is shown in the media thoroughly through his ability to pull arrows from his quip, using his daggers in quick and direct H2H combat, incredible speed.  I don't think Batman would be able to keep up.
#42 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@FinalStar86 said:
" why would an elf from another world be familiar with Batmans fighting style?"
I never said he would. 

@FinalStar86 said:
" @Korg: Technically I never called you any names"
See, this right here, this is you being a troll.
#43 Posted by FinalStar86 (8583 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" why would an elf from another world be familiar with Batmans fighting style?"
I never said he would. 

@FinalStar86 said:
" @Korg: Technically I never called you any names"
See, this right here, this is you being a troll. "
Then you double standard, the same thing would apply to Legolas

No name calling, just judging you based on what you have actually done for the past 3 pages, I already told you to stop wasting my time.
#44 Posted by FinalStar86 (8583 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and Batman wins
Due to actually having better physical stats and more skill and actually having scans to prove it

#45 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

Im going with batman ftw

#46 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio

@progenitor said:

"@Mediumguy said:
" @progenitor said:
Right, Batman has incredible feats for a man, but Legolas has been speculated to be at least a couple hundred years old, perhaps thousands, and he's lived and fought to hone his skills through wartime.  His senses are so keen that he's able to track for miles and see with gifted sight, his reaction time is shown in the media thoroughly through his ability to pull arrows from his quip, using his daggers in quick and direct H2H combat, incredible speed.  I don't think Batman would be able to keep up. "

yeah he can fight of canon fodder that is far from a speed feat when compared to someone who catches arrows and dodges bullets

#47 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@FinalStar86 said:

" the same thing would apply to Legolas"

Yes, it would. 

@FinalStar86 said:

" I already told you to stop wasting my time. "

@Korg
 said: 

"Ok, I'll call you out again, "son". Show me that you know anything about Legolas, and that you have any place in this thread to begin with. Prove to me that you have read Lord of the Rings. I know Batman. You don't know Legolas. You made a ridiculous claim in your first post, and after I called you out on it, you completely failed to prove me wrong."

This is what you asked for, and yet you have nothing to say, because you know I'm right. You accuse me of trolling, when in fact, you are the one who has been trolling me. You don't know the character, and you're overly hostile because you're feeling defensive about making a ridiculous claim. I'll stop "wasting" your precious time if you just admit you know nothing about Legolas, and are just pulling for your favorite character.
#48 Edited by FinalStar86 (8583 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thor's hammmer

said:
"

@progenitor said:

"@Mediumguy said:

" @progenitor said:

Right, Batman has incredible feats for a man, but Legolas has been speculated to be at least a couple hundred years old, perhaps thousands, and he's lived and fought to hone his skills through wartime.  His senses are so keen that he's able to track for miles and see with gifted sight, his reaction time is shown in the media thoroughly through his ability to pull arrows from his quip, using his daggers in quick and direct H2H combat, incredible speed.  I don't think Batman would be able to keep up. "

yeah he can fight of canon fodder that is far from a speed feat when compared to someone who catches arrows and dodges bullets

"
/thread
#49 Posted by progenitor (7533 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
"

@progenitor said:

"@Mediumguy said:
" @progenitor said:

"

He's killed a Rider of a Fell Beast with just one arrow.  As crafty as Batman is, has Batman ever caught an arrow from a sipernatural presence like Legolas? Because he's said to be unrivaled in his skill as an archer, and as an elf, I think that his speed would be greater than that of, say, Green Arrow, in that he also uses the bow of Mirkwood.  Not to mention far more experienced.  I'd see Legolas nailing Batman's batarangs before he even has a chance to throw them.  Not all orcs should be considered "canon fodder" as they've taken down notable skilled warriors such as Boromir (well, Uruk-hai).  Elves have definitely been written to have it over men as far as speed, and supernatural senses go. 
#50 Posted by FinalStar86 (8583 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman took down a chopper with a knife, based on their showings it looks like Batman has better accuracy then Legolas does.
What exactly makes Legolas' speed greater then Green Arrow? Certainly not his showings.  

When has Legolas ever knocked down a projectile with an arrow? Let alone someone with accuracy capable of splitting arrows in half mid flight and the attackers bow in one fell swoop? 

This is exactly what is going to happen to Legolas