#1 Posted by HereComesTheBoom_Headshot (321 posts) - - Show Bio
Movie versions only.

Legolas and Gimli from Lord of the Rings [Return of the King] versus Edward Cullen and Jacob Black from Twilight [Breaking Dawn Part 2].

Each have standard gear and abilities, but Edward cannot use telepathy. In-character and no blood-lust. They start 400 yards apart. Battle is to the death.
#2 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2177 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to the Vine.

Legolas and Gimli win as I refuse to acknowledge the other two.

#3 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

Edward solo

#4 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

The vampire solos....they are super human

#5 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2177 posts) - - Show Bio
@ghost_rider1 said:
Edward solo
Please, Mr. Blaze, won't you elaborate? -bats eyelashes-
#6 Posted by coltnelson (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, Edward and Jacob could win this. Edward has pretty ridiculous speed and strength in the movies and Jacob as a wolf is not far behind him in either regard. Biggest problem is the starting distance. Legolas at that distance would be hard to manage but Edward does have speed and could possible close the distance with out being harmed. Jacob might not fair so well. But even if Jacob does fall to Legolas' arrows early, Edward still could pull off a win against Legolas and Gimli. Edwards strength and speed in the Twilight movies seemed to be much greater than anything either Legolas or Gimli ever faced in their three films.

Not to mention the only way to kill Edward is to remove his head. That could prove to be an issue, especially for Legolas who relied on his bow for much of the three Lord of the Rings movies.

So I think - Legolas injures Jacob, allowing Gimli to finish him up close with his axe. Edward attacks Gimli, who is overwhelmed by Edward's speed and strength. That leaves Legolas and Edward. This fight is closer as Legoals, as an elf, has the agility and possibly the strength to contend with Edward for a time. Legolas should be able to, at the very least, react to and dodge some Edward's attacks. But Edward is still faster and should have no problem hitting Legolas. Edward would win the majority of this battle, giving Team Twilight the win.

#7 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3507 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark Cloud™
@ghost_rider1 said:
Edward solo
Please, Mr. Blaze, won't you elaborate? -bats eyelashes-
Edward speed is much too much for legolas or gimli. And edward has the speed to close the distance in a blink of an eye. Legolas nor gimli will be able to see edward. They are normal humans with some fighting skill. Edward is a vampire who can only be killed by ripping him apart. Legolasa can't touch edward with his arrows. And gimli swinging has axe around isn't going to get him anywhere either. They will lose
#8 Edited by Bossmonster (2258 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark Cloud™ said:

Welcome to the Vine. Legolas and Gimli win as I refuse to acknowledge the other two.
I seriously respect this reply. Sadly, Cullen would murder. Hate to actually type that.
#9 Posted by coltnelson (142 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghost_rider1: While I agree that Edward and Jacob win this, neither Legolas or Gimli are human. As an Elf, Legolas would have greater speed and strength than a human. Gimli as well, would have quite amazing strength as a Dwarf. Legolas would also not have an issue seeing Edward, as stated numerous times in the Lord of the Rings, Legolas' eyes are far superior to those of men. Still, Edward and Jacob win.

#10 Posted by UltraSuperTrooper (676 posts) - - Show Bio

Twilight should not be allowed on this site!!!

#11 Posted by Captain_Awesome85 (452 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1FTW, this

#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (17715 posts) - - Show Bio

As accurate and deadly as Legolas is, Edward's speed should be far too much for him. Also fair to note that none of his weaponry would be able to hurt him either.