No Caption Provided
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Killemall
@justanormalguy: so legion only gets to use his telepathy to beat Raven? He most likely wins considering the fact that he was better than Charles Xavier himself (going by the Legion's Quest Story line he was stated to be 10 times more powerful than Charles Xavier). 

If its all powers than Legion would absolutely stomp, he can straight up wipe Raven out of existence or turn he into salt if his morals doesnt get in his way. 
Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Killemall: Does Raven even have any notable telepathy feats?
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Killemall
@Illuminatus said:
@Killemall: Does Raven even have any notable telepathy feats?
The only feat that really comes to mind is her being able to mindrape Phobia but thats pretty much it that i know of. I sure am not an expert on Raven but i am pretty sure she's not going to be anywhere close to Xavier in terms of telepathy and Legion is above him.
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Killemall: Disappointing. Legion wins.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Killemall
@Illuminatus said:
Yeah fairly obvious isnt it.  
I really hope this  is not fight a fight at full powers though that would be perhaps the biggest curbstomp in comicvine. 
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Killemall said:
@Illuminatus said:
Yeah fairly obvious isnt it.  
I really hope this  is not fight a fight at full powers though that would be perhaps the biggest curbstomp in comicvine. 
I think the biggest curbstomp I've ever seen was Ultron vs. Albert Wesker.
justanormalguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By justanormalguy

Trigon's daughter really can't be as weak as you are making her to be..... this is ridiculous guys.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@justanormalguy said:

Trigon's daughter really can't be as weak as you are making her to be..... this is ridiculous guys.

Then supply feats for her. 
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Killemall
@Illuminatus said:

I think the biggest curbstomp I've ever seen was Ultron vs. Albert Wesker.
Well there techinically has been a hulk vs TOAA thread where a guy defended hulk for around 10 pages :) go figure. 
@justanormalguy said:

Well you have to understand we are not saying she is weak. She is indeed very powerful but what we are saying is she is not so established  telepath as Legion. After all legion is the uberpower son of Charles Xavier himself so when it comes to telepathy i think he has an upper hand. But if you talk about using all powers Legion is the most powerful hero in the entire marvel univese  given his power set. 
_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By _Black

I always thought Raven was more of an empath.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@_Black said:

She's like the only empath in DC.
_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By _Black

@Illuminatus said:

@_Black said:

There are very few, indeed.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By nefarious

Legion slaughterhouse.

crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By crackerjack82

@_Black said:

@Illuminatus said:

@_Black said:

Mainly due to they are hard to write, it is an odd power, and hard for a good chunk of people to grasp, people tend to think she is a TP/TK person most empaths in comics have that problem

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Nefarious said:

Legion slaughterhouse.
Montaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Montaq

unfair fight is unfair

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Saren

Legion.

As a side note, I feel I should comment on Legion's telepathy. It's true that Xavier once said (in Uncanny X-Men #319) that Legion had "a mind perhaps more powerful than my own....a mind whose limits have never been fully gauged, if indeed they exist at all" but I really don't believe that Legion is better at telepathy than Xavier or other high-level telepaths like Nate Grey. I think his absolute best telepathy feats, in terms of how they compare to other telepaths, would come from X-Men Legacy #250, where he manipulates Chain's copies with ease even though Xavier struggled with them, and then from X-Factor #109, where he mindrapes Mystique despite Nate Grey not being able to do so in Dark X-Men because of her psychic baffles. However, it has been noted by Xavier before that Legion's lack of finesse and experience with his TP can be exploited, and he has done so. Legion has the raw telepathic power to compete with Xavier or Nate, but they have skill and experience and are thus on average better telepaths than he is.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Saren

@_Black said:

@Illuminatus said:

@_Black said:

How many does Marvel have apart from Meggan? I honestly don't know.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@CitizenBane said:

@_Black said:

@Illuminatus said:

@_Black said:

None are coming to mind..

Edit: Mantis actually just popped into my head. Also, I believe it's one of Norrin's many abilities.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Killemall

@Illuminatus said:

@CitizenBane said:

@_Black said:

@Illuminatus said:

@_Black said:

None are coming to mind..

They did have VOID with empathy control. They had this spiderman villian, Queen , with similar control. Apart from that none comes to mind.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@CitizenBane said:

@_Black said:

@Illuminatus said:

@_Black said:

Isn't Madame Web an Empath?

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Skaddix

@CitizenBane said:

Legion.

As a side note, I feel I should comment on Legion's telepathy. It's true that Xavier once said (in Uncanny X-Men #319) that Legion had "a mind perhaps more powerful than my own....a mind whose limits have never been fully gauged, if indeed they exist at all" but I really don't believe that Legion is better at telepathy than Xavier or other high-level telepaths like Nate Grey. I think his absolute best telepathy feats, in terms of how they compare to other telepaths, would come from X-Men Legacy #250, where he manipulates Chain's copies with ease even though Xavier struggled with them, and then from X-Factor #109, where he mindrapes Mystique despite Nate Grey not being able to do so in Dark X-Men because of her psychic baffles. However, it has been noted by Xavier before that Legion's lack of finesse and experience with his TP can be exploited, and he has done so. Legion has the raw telepathic power to compete with Xavier or Nate, but they have skill and experience and are thus on average better telepaths than he is.

Well Legion is weighed down by being insane as well so legion usually not using much skill or experience just raw power. .

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Skaddix

@JediXMan said:

@CitizenBane said:

@_Black said:

@Illuminatus said:

@_Black said:

Isn't Madame Web an Empath?

Both Madame Webs are telepaths. I suppose they might also be empaths but they are both fully functional telepaths.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Saren

@Skaddix said:

@CitizenBane said:

Legion.

Well Legion is weighed down by being insane as well so legion usually not using much skill or experience just raw power. .

Be that as it may, in a telepathic fight either Xavier or Nate would take at least a slim majority over him.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Killemall

@CitizenBane said:

Be that as it may, in a telepathic fight either Xavier or Nate would take at least a slim majority over him.

Just curious where do you see Kid Omega in this list, where would he be at.. below Legion or above him?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Saren

@Killemall said:

@CitizenBane said:

Just curious where do you see Kid Omega in this list, where would he be at.. below Legion or above him?

As far as I know he'd be below, I don't recall Kid Omega doing anything to be above or equal to Xavier. If he was, he wouldn't have needed to hit him on the head with a baseball bat; he could have just KO'd him telepathically.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CitizenBane said:

@_Black said:

@Illuminatus said:

@_Black said:

There is Empath from the Hellions/empath/29-2173/ and Cordelia Frost/cordelia-frost/29-10571/. A lot of Marvel's most powerful telepaths, such as Jean Grey, Charles Xavier and Emma Frost, had displayed this ability as part of their telepathic feats, as well.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By Outside_85

In DC it is pretty limited in the empath department, Raven is the best known and probably the most versatile/powerful, but Wonder Woman has a lower form of it that makes her instantly buddy-buddy with wild animals, Phobia is another limited empath since her power is to read and control the fears of others, then there are the Sons of Trigon that all wielded one specific emotion each, Raven mentioned the Wyld was also an empath when they first encountered each other. The problem is that people often mistakes it for telepathy of a lower/different kind.

As for the battle itself...I would say Legion is more likely to endure whatever he might experience when bridgeing his mind with that of Raven, something that has knocked people out in the past. But that has less to do with telepathy than it does that Raven is a half-demon at constant war with herself.

ivan_jimenez86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raven DESTROYS Legion with ease!

There is nothing in powers set that she hasn't fought, survived, and even won!

Legion's telepathy and other psionic abilities won't even work on Raven since she's immune to it all!

Even if he has access to his full personalities' powers set, Raven would still outclass him on the very basis of her Soul-Self! It will effortlessly heal Legion back to his pre-mutant form. Considering that she's a pacific like Silver Surfer, she's not known to fight unless extremely provoked, possessed, or threatened.

If he dares to enter Raven's already chaotic mind, then he will answer to Trigon's wrath!

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheVoidofDeath

So, what I gather is He has control over time as well and can teleport attacks through time.Also, Time sink is his personality that manipulates time. However,Majik also destroyed some of his personalities cause a personality is a soul essentially.All His different powers come from his personalities. Having said This, Xavier has tore down the defenses in his mind before he was expelled and that was an early feat. Emma and the cuckoos were taking him down mentally cause he lacks the control and experience that someone like Jean has.

Not sure if were using new 52 or more 52 Raven here

Legion does not have that great of reaction speed, while Raven actually does IRC )  Now, If Magik can casually stroll around his mind, doing as she pleases without trying, he'll have hell with Jean and Raven.  Time sink happens to be his personality that happens to manipulate time, but Magik destroyed some of his personality, and that's part of his soul. Magik is weaker than Raven, and Raven happens to be a soul manipulator with magic based psionic /divine abilities and time manipulation as well. ( She has access to every time stream and her ports transverse time and space itself ). If you wish to counter Raven having time manipulation, I have a counter that won't end very well for Legion. In addition to this said new 52 Raven has blocked out a telepathic attack on Trigons level and Pre 52 Trigon protects her mind . Raven can casually summon the pain of 8 billion people on whim and can manipulate souls on a multi-universal level ....

Not to mention he cannot manipulate her soul, because hers is a nexus/gateway .... and she's immune to warping

wsapollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#32  Edited By wsapollo

there are several 'but' and 'what if' for this question, because david is a little vulnerable and his personalities need to agree, if I'm not mistaken, but if he's in control, he can give raven some work (but nothing that she don't do it). raven, besides being a high-level telepath, is an extremely powerful empath capable of manipulating the emotions of an entire continent. obviously, david does not depend solely on his telepathy either, just as raven does not depend solely on his empathy. david has more than 200 skills at the omega level and those skills include pyrokinesis, telepathy, telekinesis, reality manipulation and more. raven has something david hasn't shown yet is magic, but either way, i think she could handle him (and if he's with the king of shadows, who knows he might even win).

Britain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raven