#1  Edited By Silver2467
Spider-Man 

No Caption Provided
VS 

Luke Skywalker 

No Caption Provided

Rules: 
  • Standard equipment for both.
  • Random encounter. No prep or knowledge of the other.
  • Battle takes place in Times Square, daytime, unpopulated, visible from the start.
  • Combatants begin 10 meters apart.
  • Morals apply.
  • Luke is not allowed to use any telepathic abilities in this fight.
  • This is EU Rebellion era Luke Skywalker. Two rounds: 1) Current Spider-Man. 2) Spider-Man possesses his spider sense.
katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By katanalauncher

Why do you like making spite thread?

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Silver2467
@katanalauncher: Excuse me? How is this spite?
katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By katanalauncher
@Silver2467 said:
Even without mind rape Luke can kill Spidey in many different ways. 
Not to mention Luke's reflex and reaction speed are faster than spidey.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Silver2467
@katanalauncher said:
@Silver2467 said:
Even without mind rape Luke can kill Spidey in many different ways. Not to mention Luke's reflex and reaction speed are faster than spidey.
Read the OP. This is Rebellion-era Luke, not latter-New Republic era, NJO, or Legacy era Luke. He is not faster than Spider-Man by any means, nor does he have "many different ways" to kill him. 
katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By katanalauncher
@Silver2467 said:
@katanalauncher said:
@Silver2467 said:
Even without mind rape Luke can kill Spidey in many different ways. Not to mention Luke's reflex and reaction speed are faster than spidey.
Read the OP. This is Rebellion-era Luke, not latter-New Republic era, NJO, or Legacy era Luke. He is not faster than Spider-Man by any means, nor does he have "many different ways" to kill him. 
Luke after training on Dagobah can take care of Spidey easily.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Silver2467
@katanalauncher said:
@Silver2467 said:
@katanalauncher said:
@Silver2467 said:
Proof? What has he done that leads you to believe this?
Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Stompa

With the training from yoda and his lightsaber i think Luke would win but it´s quite close. Peter has better speed and agility but going into a melee against a lightsaber would be suicide and ranged against a jedi with telekinetic is very hard. Luke can slash his net but in round two with his senses it´s a 6/4 wins for luke round one is stomp for luke.

Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the difference between EU Rebellion Luke and what we saw from him in the movie?
If we base it off what we saw from him in the movies. I'd say Spidey has got this pretty easily.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@Stompa said:

With the training from yoda and his lightsaber i think Luke would win but it´s quite close. Peter has better speed and agility but going into a melee against a lightsaber would be suicide and ranged against a jedi with telekinetic is very hard. Luke can slash his net but in round two with his senses it´s a 6/4 wins for luke round one is stomp for luke.

I agree with most of this... but Spiderman with spidersense might be too intense, even for a trained Jedi, to get a bead on. Whereas, ONE punch and Luke is dead. So really, it's down to who would hit whom first... still on the fence... but leaning more toward Luke (webbing would be easy to block with his LS so ya...)
katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By katanalauncher
@Silver2467 said:

@katanalauncher said:

@Silver2467 said:

@katanalauncher said:
@Silver2467 said:
He held his ground with Vader for a while, and Vader have easily defeated veteran Jedi that are bullet timers and can manipulate matter on a small scale as well as lifting very heavy objects. 
All jedis also have their own 6 sense that is on par or superior to spidey sense.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Silver2467
@Stompa said:
With the training from yoda and his lightsaber i think Luke would win but it´s quite close. Peter has better speed and agility but going into a melee against a lightsaber would be suicide  
Evasion is one of Parker's most noteworthy skills. Spider-Man has fought several armed opponents before and fared well. One issue that has to be noted is that Luke at this time period is still growing accustomed to his powers. He is formidable in a fight but is still somewhat inexperienced. Heck, he had copy Vader's movements in their duels just to compensate for Vader's vastly greater combat knowledge (in other words, he pulled a Taskmaster but at much lower levels). 

and ranged against a jedi with telekinetic is very hard. 
Luke has never once used TK during a battle during the Rebellion era. The only TK-related capability he ever showed in combat was Lightsaber Throw, and that would be exceptionally easy for Spidey to avoid. It could also give Peter the opportunity to web up his lightsaber, like he did to Cap's shield during Civil War. So if anything, it may serve as a detriment to Luke. Aside from that, Telekinesis will not come into play here, and really, Rebellion era Luke was not that great at TK anyway. His best telekinetic feat was supporting a falling AT-ST for a few seconds. Even if Luke did unleash a telekinetic burst of some type, Spider-Man regularly withstands blows from characters with greatly superhuman strength, many stronger than he is. It would not equate to instant victory, and as I said, telekinetic attacks are not in Luke's MO at this point. 

Luke can slash his net but in round two with his senses it´s a 6/4 wins for luke round one is stomp for luke.
Could be. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Silver2467
@Andy Steven Summers said:
What's the difference between EU Rebellion Luke and what we saw from him in the movie? If we base it off what we saw from him in the movies. I'd say Spidey has got this pretty easily.
I can post feats for Luke in a minute. 

@katanalauncher said:
@Silver2467 said:
@katanalauncher said:
@Silver2467 said:
@katanalauncher said:
@Silver2467 said:
He held his ground with Vader for a while, while Vader have easily defeated veteran Jedi that are bullet timers and can manipulate matter on a small scale as well as lifting very heavy objects. All jedis also have their own 6 sense that is superior to spidey sense.
Vader is not at all comparable to Spider-Man, especially considering it has been established that Vader held back in their duels, at least in their SotME and ESB duels. In RotJ, Luke overpowered him by utilizing Dark Rage, an offense he would not utilize here. Spider-Man is exceptionally faster than Vader is, has greater physical stats, and can predict movements using his spider sense. Besides, Jedi Precognition is not a sure thing. In Shadows of the Empire and The Truce at Bakura, it helped Luke at certain points but failed against others. At the same time, in the Rebellion era, Luke had to concentrate to use powers such as Farseeing/Vision/Sense/etc.  

This does not prove Luke will beat Spider-Man easily by any means. He could win, but he could lose too.
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silver2467 said:
I can post feats for Luke in a minute.
K.
I don't know a whole lot on the EU during the Rebellion era. But going off what I do know. I don't think Luke can contend with Spidey's tremendous physical advantages. His speed, strength, agility. While the Force can be used to augment Luke's traits. This is a pretty inexperienced Luke with the Force and I know of nothing impressive from this era to show he could contend.
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By nefarious

I don't know a whole lot about the EU but hopefully, I'll learn more here.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Silver2467
@Andy Steven Summers: This should help. What you can take away from these showings is that Spider-Man is superior physically across the board, but Luke does have some decent speed, reflex, and agility feats that could make this interesting. 

For physicality: 

He races through the forests on Dagobah with Yoda on his back without tiring and with refined motions. He then slices a bar that Yoda dropped into four pieces before it hit the ground.

Luke felt that he was definitely progressing. He ran through the jungle—with Yoda perched on his neck—and leaped with gazellelike grace over the profusion of foliage and tree roots growing throughout the bog. Luke had at last begun to detach himself from the emotion of pride. He felt unburdened, and was finally open to experience fully the flow of the Force. When his diminutive instructor threw a silver bar above Luke’s head, the young Jedi student reacted instantly. In a flash he turned to slice the bar into four shiny segments before it fell to the ground.

--Taken from the Empire Strikes Back novel

He performs a hand stand with Yoda on his upright feet and supports the weight on one thumb.

Luke was perfectly calm. Even his present position did not make him feel tense or strained or unsure, or any of the negative things he used to feel when he first attempted this feat. He stood, perfectly balanced on one hand. He knew the Force was with him. His patient master, Yoda, sat calmly on the soles of Luke’s upturned feet. Luke concentrated serenely on his task and all at once he lifted four fingers from the ground. His balance undisturbed, he held his upside-down position—on one thumb.

--Taken from the Empire Strikes Back novel 

Luke deflects several blaster bolts with his lightsaber.

A horizontal hail of energy bolts stabbed at Luke - The Force let him move faster than he thought possible, and he wove a defensive tapestry with his lightsaber that turned the hard rain away. Ricocheting beams hit and pierced walls, bounty hunters, the floor, the ceiling. It was dangerous to be here, no matter where you stood.

--Taken from Shadows of the Empire   

A commander reports to Vader about Luke’s escape and describes his speed.

The man gasped, sucked in air. "I was a-a-asleep, my lord. I awoke to blaster fire. I left my quarters and saw Skywalker in the hall. It-it didn't seem real. A dozen of us shot at him, and he waved that lightsaber back and forth and blocked the bolts!"  

--Taken from Shadows of the Empire  

In the rancor pit, Luke leapt 8 meters vertically to grasp at the pitfall bars.

The monster then turned and started for Luke. But the Jedi Knight leaped eight meters straight up and grabbed onto the overhead grate.

--Taken from the Return of the Jedi novel 

He grabs hold of the plank on the skiff and flips back onto it, attacking the thugs with high speed.

Luke jumped off the plank; another bloodthirsty cheer went up. In less than a second, though, Luke had spun around in freefall, and caught the end of the plank with his fingertips. The thin metal bent wildly from his weight, paused near to snapping, then catapulted him up. In mid-air he did a complete flip and dropped down in the middle of the plank—the spot he’d just left, only now behind the confused guards. Casually, he extended his arm to his side, palm up—and suddenly his lightsaber, which Artoo had shot sailing toward him, dropped neatly into his open hand. With Jedi speed, Luke ignited his sword and attacked the guard at the skiff-edge of the plank, sending him, screaming, overboard into the twitching mouth of the Sarlacc.

The other guards swarmed Luke. Grimly he waded into them, lightsaber fashing. His own lightsaber—not his father’s. He had lost his father’s in a duel with Darth Vader in which he’d lost his hand as well. Darth Vader, who had told Luke he was his father. But this lightsaber Luke had fashioned himself, in Obi-Wan Kenobi’s abandoned hut on the other side of Tatooine—made with the old Master Jedi’s tools and parts, made with love and craft and dire need. He wielded it now as if it were fused to his hand; as if it were and extension of his own arm. This lightsaber, truly, was Luke’s. He cut through the onslaught like a light dissolving shadows.

--Taken from the Return of the Jedi novel 

Again, Luke cuts through guards with impressive speed.

It was a Jedi rule-of-thumb, but it took the soldiers in the second skiff by surprise: when outnumbered, attack. This drives the force of the enemy in toward itself. Luke jumped directly into the center of the skiff and immediately began decimating them in their midst with lightning sweeps of his lightsaber.  

--Taken from the Return of the Jedi novel  

Force Deflection:   

Luke blocks objects Vader telekinetically hurls at him.

Before he could swing, a large piece of machinery detached itself from the wall behind him and came hurtling at his back. Turning instantly, Luke flashed his lightsaber and cut the thing in half, and the two massive pieces crashed to the floor. A second piece of machinery sped toward the youth, and he again used the Force to deflect it. The weighty object bounced away as if it had struck an unseen shield.

--Taken from the Empire Strikes Back novel   

Luke briefly deflects Palpatine’s Lightning before the intensity is increased, overwhelming him.

Palpatine raised his spidery arms toward Luke: blinding white bolts of energy coruscated from his fingers, shot across the room like sorcerous lightning, and tore through the boy’s insides, looking for ground. The young Jedi was all at once confounded and in agony—he’d never heard of such a power, such a corruption of the Force, let alone experienced it. But if it was Force-generated, it could be Force-repelled. Luke raised his arms to deflect the bolts. Initially, he was successful—the lightning rebounded from his touch, harmlessly into the walls. Soon, though, the shocks came with such speed and power, they coursed over and into him, and he could only shrink before them, convulsed with pain, his knees buckling, his powers at ebb. 

--Taken from the Return of the Jedi novel
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@Silver2467 said:

@Stompa said:

With the training from yoda and his lightsaber i think Luke would win but it´s quite close. Peter has better speed and agility but going into a melee against a lightsaber would be suicide  
Evasion is one of Parker's most noteworthy skills. Spider-Man has fought several armed opponents before and fared well. One issue that has to be noted is that Luke at this time period is still growing accustomed to his powers. He is formidable in a fight but is still somewhat inexperienced. Heck, he had copy Vader's movements in their duels just to compensate for Vader's vastly greater combat knowledge (in other words, he pulled a Taskmaster but at much lower levels). 

and ranged against a jedi with telekinetic is very hard. 
Luke has never once used TK during a battle during the Rebellion era. The only TK-related capability he ever showed in combat was Lightsaber Throw, and that would be exceptionally easy for Spidey to avoid. It could also give Peter the opportunity to web up his lightsaber, like he did to Cap's shield during Civil War. So if anything, it may serve as a detriment to Luke. Aside from that, Telekinesis will not come into play here, and really, Rebellion era Luke was not that great at TK anyway. His best telekinetic feat was supporting a falling AT-ST for a few seconds. Even if Luke did unleash a telekinetic burst of some type, Spider-Man regularly withstands blows from characters with greatly superhuman strength, many stronger than he is. It would not equate to instant victory, and as I said, telekinetic attacks are not in Luke's MO at this point. 

Luke can slash his net but in round two with his senses it´s a 6/4 wins for luke round one is stomp for luke.

Could be. 

This would come to trading blows. Spiderman, while dealing relatively well with blunt force trauma, doesn't deal well with objects that can pierce him. Wolverine did some cosmetic damage with his claws and it keeled Spidey over... so the question is, who would hit whom first?
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Silver2467
@Super_SoldierXII said:
so the question is, who would hit whom first?
This is why I made the thread. 

Well, that and to help improve the forum quality here.
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@Silver2467 said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:
so the question is, who would hit whom first?

This is why I made the thread.  Well, that and to help improve the forum quality here.

Well, as morals apply, I go for Luke. Spidey would be holding back (possibly) and this would be his downfall. Morals off, and I give it to Spiderman.
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silver2467: Were the novelizations of the original trilogy any good in your opinion?
I've read a bunch of Clone Wars era stuff, and the 'Prequel' novels. Among Old Republic stuff. But also put off reading that trilogy.

The feats you listed make him sound a LOT more impressive than what we saw from the movies.

I still believe Spidey has the speed and reflex advantage. More so when you factor in his spider-sense compared to the Jedi precog ability. 
He hasn't had to face off against anything like Spider-man before. We're talking about  guy who is arguable as strong or stronger than a Rancor, faster than a Sand Panther, and more agile than anything he has ever seen or dealt with before.
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@katanalauncher said:
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Super_SoldierXII said:
Well, as morals apply, I go for Luke. Spidey would be holding back (possibly) and this would be his downfall.
Yes Spidey would be holding back. He always does. But saying this doesn't mean much. Seeing as his opponent would also be holding back due to morals.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Silver2467
@Silver2467: Were the novelizations of the original trilogy any good in your I've read a bunch of Clone Wars era stuff, and the 'Prequel' novels. Among Old Republic stuff. But also put off reading that trilogy. 
They were, yes. I highly recommend them.  

The feats you listed make him sound a LOT more impressive than what we saw from the movies.  I still believe Spidey has the speed and reflex advantage. More so when you factor in his spider-sense compared to the Jedi precog ability.  He hasn't had to face off against anything like Spider-man before. We're talking about  guy who is arguable as strong or stronger than a Rancor, faster than a Sand Panther, and more agile than anything he has ever seen or dealt with before.
He was much more impressive in the books than he was in the movies. Obi-Wan was too. He was actually very fast in A New Hope. But lower power levels is the nature of G-Canon Star Wars after all. :P 

You raised some good points. I could see cases being made for both sides. So maybe this will generate debate. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Silver2467
@venomoushatred1001 said:
@katanalauncher said:
Does anyone read OPs on this site? 
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Well, as morals apply, I go for Luke. Spidey would be holding back (possibly) and this would be his downfall.

Yes Spidey would be holding back. He always does. But saying this doesn't mean much. Seeing as his opponent would also be holding back due to morals.

Luke doesn't hold back. Someone comes at him, he does what he needs to do. He held back against Vader cuz he's his pappy. Let's do a body count for Luke ... now let's do a body count for Spidey... nuff said.
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Super_SoldierXII said:
        Luke doesn't hold back. Someone comes at him, he does what he needs to do. He held back against Vader cuz he's his pappy. Let's do a body count for Luke ... now let's do a body count for Spidey... nuff said.
lmao
Seriously?
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silver2467 said:
I'll have to check them out then.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Silver2467

@Silver2467 said:

I'll have to check them out then.
There are much better Star Wars novels out there, but those were good. The character development that happens in the movies is much more explained in the books. That was actually one of the aspects of them in particular I liked. 
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Super_SoldierXII said:

lmao Seriously?

From the movie version, seriously yes. I haven't read the novels so I couldn't comment. Luke lives in an era at war. An era where planets and all billions of its inhabitants are destroyed by the Empire. He doesn't hesitate when it comes to pulling the trigger. Are you denying this? How many did Luke kill in RotJ? How many did Luke shoot or shoot down in TESB? How many have Spiderman killed?? 
So I don't rightly know what the lmao is for...
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silver2467: I enjoyed the novels for the prequels. The second one more so than the others. Just because I think it was the weakest of the movies.

Have you checked out the new Old Republic novels yet? 
Deceived by Paul S. Kemp and then Fatal Alliance.
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Super_SoldierXII said:
The lmao was because I believe that to be a ridiculous claim for the character's morals.
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Super_SoldierXII said:

The lmao was because I believe that to be a ridiculous claim for the character's morals.

Luke Skywalker kills. Spiderman does not. Is that better? Or would you call that inaccurate?
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Silver2467
@Silver2467: I enjoyed the novels for the prequels. The second one more so than the others. Just because I think it was the weakest of the movies.  Have you checked out the new Old Republic novels yet?  Deceived by Paul S. Kemp and then Fatal Alliance.
Not yet. Recently, they have not been a high priority for me, but I will get around to them eventually.
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Super_SoldierXII: I think you have missed the whole concept on what morals are. Let alone the characterization of Luke's morals.
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Super_SoldierXII: I think you have missed the whole concept on what morals are. Let alone the characterization of Luke's morals.

Morals on, in a nutshell = in character. And Luke, in character, has shown himself capable of taking a life in the defense of his own. Spiderman, conversely, has always tried to find other options, and, more often than not, "holds back" as it were.  
But please, feel free to expound upon your unbridled and indepth knowledge concerning the concept of morals on the Vine and, more specifically, those of our good Mr. Luke Skywalker... I don't mind being educated, as long the one educating can manage leaving their arrogance and posturing at the door...
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Super_SoldierXII: The fact of the matter is that Luke with morals on would also hold back. Because he would not actively try and hurt, maim, or kill someone without a just cause or reason. To think he would do otherwise is out of character for him. All of those people he killed, or injured. Were during a time of war and out to kill him, or his friends/family. He knew beyond a doubt they were the enemy. Part of the Empire. That is not the case here. This is just a random encounter. His first tactics would be trying to find a way to win this fight without having to kill his opponent. His morals. Would hold him back. To be quite honest if you think otherwise then I see no point in debating this character with you.
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Super_SoldierXII: The fact of the matter is that Luke with morals on would also hold back. Because he would not actively try and hurt, maim, or kill someone without a just cause or reason. To think he would do otherwise is out of character for him. All of those people he killed, or injured. Were during a time of war and out to kill him, or his friends/family. He knew beyond a doubt they were the enemy. Part of the Empire. That is not the case here. This is just a random encounter. His first tactics would be trying to find a way to win this fight without having to kill his opponent. His morals. Would hold him back. To be quite honest if you think otherwise then I see no point in debating this character with you.

Hmm... not to be difficult, but I dont' see how anything I've written thus far contradicts anything you've just written. Luke Skywalker is a Jedi Knight born of wartime. He fights the enemy, and because it's necessary, he kills the enemy. I'm not saying he wouldn't avoid taking life given different circumstances.  
Spiderman is a highschooler/scientist turned superhero. We can probably still count on our two hands the amount of adversaries he's had to kill throughout decades worth of Spiderman comics. I truly don't feel Luke, seeing Spiderman as a foe, would be holding back with his Lightsaber ... whereas Spiderman is infamous for holding back. I don't see Luke holding back in the same way Spiderman does. Jedi take life. Consistently. Spiderman does not.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Silver2467

Luke has always tried not to kill his enemies, even in the Rebellion era where most of his time was spent fighting a war. During Bakura, he reprimanded an ally of his for killing an enemy. In RotJ, he pitied the bloody rancor when it died. He may kill Spider-Man, but to say that he has no hesitation to kill someone is fraudulent. He holds back. All Jedi do. 

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@Silver2467 said:

Luke has always tried not to kill his enemies, even in the Rebellion era where most of his time was spent fighting a war. During Bakura, he reprimanded an ally of his for killing an enemy. In RotJ, he pitied the bloody rancor when it died. He may kill Spider-Man, but to say that he has no hesitation to kill someone is fraudulent. He holds back. All Jedi do. 

Well, while I respect your knowledge of SW lore, it doesn't look like they shy away from the taking of life in the 6 movies thus far! Not saying they're bloodthirsty or that they enjoy taking life. Obviously they do not ... but it sure doesn't look like they hesitate overly much. Perhaps the novels are different. I'm just basing my comments from the movie version where Storm Troopers are dropping like flies. My main point here is Luke Skywalker is a character born of war. Death is no stranger to him and he does take life and won't shy away from it when it's necessary (while avoiding needless taking of life to be sure). Spiderman is not from a universe at war. Death is not as familiar to this character and not as viable an option in my opinion. Again, my take comes from the feel I'm left with from the movies and the few comic I've followed. 
I feel if it came down to taking the other's life to ensure victory, Luke would be less hesitant than Spidey.
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silver2467 said:
This is how I viewed things as well.

@Super_SoldierXII: Being born in a time of war or not. He still holds back.
Which is the same thing that Spider-man does. So Spidey holding back in this fight (which he does all the time anyways and still manages to pull off wins) is a moot point. Since his opponent will also be holding back. Due to morals.
Neither one of these character would be looking to kill the other.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Silver2467
@Super_SoldierXII said:
@Silver2467 said:

Well, while I respect your knowledge of SW lore, it doesn't look like they shy away from the taking of life in the 6 movies thus far! Not saying they're bloodthirsty or that they enjoy taking life. Obviously they do not ... but it sure doesn't look like they hesitate overly much. Perhaps the novels are different. I'm just basing my comments from the movie version where Storm Troopers are dropping like flies. My main point here is Luke Skywalker is a character born of war. Death is no stranger to him and he does take life and won't shy away from it when it's necessary (while avoiding needless taking of life to be sure). Spiderman is not from a universe at war. Death is not as familiar to this character and not as viable an option in my opinion. Again, my take comes from the feel I'm left with from the movies and the few comic I've followed. I feel if it came down to taking the other's life to ensure victory, Luke would be less hesitant than Spidey.
No one is disputing that Luke has killed before. We are disputing that he would be initially willing to. Against groups of enemies, obviously he has no room to be as merciful as he would otherwise prefer, and even then, he holds back. In A New Hope and the Empire Strikes Back, he was placed in situations where he was assaulted by hordes of stormtroopers. In imminent life and death situations, there is not much else he can do. In RotJ, Luke was drawing closer and closer to the dark side. He actually wanted Jabba to attempt an execution against him and his friends just so that he could destroy Jabba. He lashed out against Vader when he threatened Leia. He used Force Choke on Gamorrean guards. So on and so on. He was dangerously near becoming a dark sider. So examples from that are not completely usable. However, in other events, Luke has resolved conflicts without killing anyone. There are at least two examples of that in Bakura. In Splinter of the Mind's Eye, he engaged enemies who were threatening him and Leia without killing them. See the difference? In some of these instances, he is in a war situation where battalions of opponents come against him. In others, he is in isolated incidents where fewer, completely unknown,  non-Empire-related enemies come against him. In the former, he kills (usually). In the latter, he does what he can to avoid it. 
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@Silver2467 said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Silver2467 said:

Well, while I respect your knowledge of SW lore, it doesn't look like they shy away from the taking of life in the 6 movies thus far! Not saying they're bloodthirsty or that they enjoy taking life. Obviously they do not ... but it sure doesn't look like they hesitate overly much. Perhaps the novels are different. I'm just basing my comments from the movie version where Storm Troopers are dropping like flies. My main point here is Luke Skywalker is a character born of war. Death is no stranger to him and he does take life and won't shy away from it when it's necessary (while avoiding needless taking of life to be sure). Spiderman is not from a universe at war. Death is not as familiar to this character and not as viable an option in my opinion. Again, my take comes from the feel I'm left with from the movies and the few comic I've followed. I feel if it came down to taking the other's life to ensure victory, Luke would be less hesitant than Spidey.

No one is disputing that Luke has killed before. We are disputing that he would be initially willing to. Against groups of enemies, obviously he has no room to be as merciful as he would otherwise prefer, and even then, he holds back. In A New Hope and the Empire Strikes Back, he was placed in situations where he was assaulted by hordes of stormtroopers. In imminent life and death situations, there is not much else he can do. In RotJ, Luke was drawing closer and closer to the dark side. He actually wanted Jabba to attempt an execution against him and his friends just so that he could destroy Jabba. He lashed out against Vader when he threatened Leia. He used Force Choke on Gamorrean guards. So on and so on. He was dangerously near becoming a dark sider. So examples from that are not completely usable. However, in other events, Luke has resolved conflicts without killing anyone. There are at least two examples of that in Bakura. In Splinter of the Mind's Eye, he engaged enemies who were threatening him and Leia without killing them. See the difference? In some of these instances, he is in a war situation where battalions of opponents come against him. In others, he is in isolated incidents where fewer, completely unknown,  non-Empire-related enemies come against him. In the former, he kills (usually). In the latter, he does what he can to avoid it. 

That makes sense. I still see Luke escalating matters before Peter would. But I don't believe either would start off out for blood ... still see Luke landing the killing strike being a little more probable.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Silver2467
@Super_SoldierXII said: 
That makes sense. I still see Luke escalating matters before Peter would. But I don't believe either would start off out for blood ... still see Luke landing the killing strike being a little more probable.
Spider-Man never kills. So if the question is who would employ lethal tactics first, Luke would clearly resort to it first. I was just saying that he will not be aiming for a kill right from the start.
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@Silver2467 said:

@Super_SoldierXII said: 

Spider-Man never kills. So if the question is who would employ lethal tactics first, Luke would clearly resort to it first. I was just saying that he will not be aiming for a kill right from the start.

Well that's kind of my point. With morals on, under those conditions, this fight would never happen. Luke would try to parlay, and Petey Pureheart would listen. They'd shake hands and walk amiably off the field. I had to assume they both had damn good reasons to come to blows. When Luke has good reasons, he doesn't tend to hold back. For Luke not to try and end things peaceably, Spiderman would have to be considered a Sith level threat to him in my opinion. 
Aside from elaborating my points more clearly and with reference to SW lore, I don't see how you're saying anything different than what I have been saying. Sure, I made a few basic assumptions, I mean, this fight has to happen somehow, so I assumed both 'good guys' had sufficient reason fueling their aggression toward one another...
SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#45  Edited By SpidermanWins

This is very interesting

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Silver2467
@Super_SoldierXII said:
@Silver2467 said:

@Super_SoldierXII said: 

Well that's kind of my point. With morals on, under those conditions, this fight would never happen. Luke would try to parlay, and Petey Pureheart would listen. They'd shake hands and walk amiably off the field. I had to assume they both had damn good reasons to come to blows. When Luke has good reasons, he doesn't tend to hold back. For Luke not to try and end things peaceably, Spiderman would have to be considered a Sith level threat to him in my opinion. Aside from elaborating my points more clearly and with reference to SW lore, I don't see how you're saying anything different than what I have been saying. Sure, I made a few basic assumptions, I mean, this fight has to happen somehow, so I assumed both 'good guys' had sufficient reason fueling their aggression toward one another...
I never explained the scenario, but to be honest, I really am not required to. Superman and Flash would never fight each other under normal circumstances with morals on. That does not mean a thread could not be made with that setup. So everything you just said is a moot point. Morals apply, Luke is hesitant to kill, and the thread is still legitimate. 
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Silver2467

And I agree ... which brings me back to my original statement that Petey, in combat, is not swinging to kill. Luke, in combat (with a lightsaber) is. This is why I give Luke the advantage. I'm not trying to paint Luke out to be a bloodthirsty adversary, I'm merely saying, assuming a fight is engaged, Luke's weapons and skills are such that he cannot afford the luxury of holding back with Spiderman, whereas Spiderman almost always pulls his punches... 
Again, I'm not saying Luke Skywalker is filled with bad intentions. I'm saying he doesn't play around once the battle is enjoined. His weapon set is lethal afterall. Whereas Spiderman, regardless of being in the heat of battle, does not swing to kill. And this, in my opinion, gives Luke the edge in a hit first win first scenario like this.

If Spiderman were bloodlusted, he would prove nearly unhittable (for Luke)  in my opinion and would tag Luke before the inverse holds true. In short; 
Morals on = Luke Skywalker 
Morals off = Spiderman (in my opinion)

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Silver2467
@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Silver2467

And I agree ... which brings me back to my original statement that Petey, in combat, is not swinging to kill. Luke, in combat (with a lightsaber) is. This is why I give Luke the advantage. I'm not trying to paint Luke out to be a bloodthirsty adversary, I'm merely saying, assuming a fight is engaged, Luke's weapons and skills are such that he cannot afford the luxury of holding back with Spiderman, whereas Spiderman almost always pulls his punches... 
Again, I'm not saying Luke Skywalker is filled with bad intentions. I'm saying he doesn't play around once the battle is enjoined. His weapon set is lethal afterall. Whereas Spiderman, regardless of being in the heat of battle, does not swing to kill. And this, in my opinion, gives Luke the edge in a hit first win first scenario like this.

If Spiderman were bloodlusted, he would prove nearly unhittable (for Luke)  in my opinion and would tag Luke before the inverse holds true. In short; 
Morals on = Luke Skywalker 
Morals off = Spiderman (in my opinion)

Okay.