#1 Posted by XiiX (4736 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2156 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm, good one. I'm leaning towards the Leader ftw. Though if this was written exam, The Mad Thinker would score higher lol!

#3 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure who will win, but I can tell you one thing, the Leader will have a ridiculous scheme that somehow involves plastic, goo, and some of the most absurdly designed robots in all of comicdom.

#4 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that android who defeated the FF would give the Leader a serious hard time, but it's actually difficult to know who would win this one, congrats!

#5 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6082 posts) - - Show Bio

Mad Thinker.

#6 Posted by tomlikesfries (4519 posts) - - Show Bio

Great battle. I'm leaning towards Leader here, although it's a difficult choice...

#7 Posted by Harryman (314 posts) - - Show Bio

Mad Thinker slaughters.

#8 Edited by sync1 (2154 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Mad Thinker.

He could probably do more with the 6 minutes.

#9 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't the Leader have TP? Is there any reason Mad Thinker would be immune to that?

#10 Posted by Hyperlight (4281 posts) - - Show Bio

the leader actually has superhuman intelligence and cognitive abilities... mad thinker is still with all his intellect a normal man. The leader has a greater amount of resources as well. Im torn.... I think Mad thinker can win because hes doesnt have the emotional problems of The Leader. The leader might screw himself over...

#11 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2507 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Mad Thinker can take this, he should be more efficient with the prep time

#12 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyperlight: The Leader's supposed superhuman intellect is a hyperbole. He has no feats to rival Doom or Mr. Fantastic, and Mr. Fantastic actually goes to the Mad Thinker when he needs someone to check over his math.

#13 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

The Leader will screw himself over with an unnecessarily complicated plan that makes usage of plastic goo and silly looking robots, while the Mad Thinker will cut out the plastic goo and just rely on silly looking robots, which as he did not waste his time messing around with magical silly putty, will likely be better designed and more numerous.

#14 Posted by 80sBaby (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't think of any feats that would place one above the other. Any help?

#15 Posted by Hyperlight (4281 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@Hyperlight: The Leader's supposed superhuman intellect is a hyperbole. He has no feats to rival Doom or Mr. Fantastic, and Mr. Fantastic actually goes to the Mad Thinker when he needs someone to check over his math.

so you dont believe that the Leader has superhuman cognitive abilities because Doom and Reed have better feats? I dont buy it. your right he doesnt have feats that rival theirs... hes not nearly as focused and has a lot of insecurities. he spends all his time trying to beat hulk and trying to prove he is better. Doom and Reed were scientists from the get go.... they have been conditioning their brains for things like this long before the leader was. Doom and reeds( arguable) intellect arent superhuman because they are brains arent eny different to normal humans. The leaders brain is infact a lot different.

I rememeber that use with the math... I thought it was dope.. it looked really cool.

I do believe that they all have their fields as well... doesnt mean one is smarter in all ways than the other

#16 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyperlight said:

so you dont believe that the Leader has superhuman cognitive abilities because Doom and Reed have better feats? I dont buy it. your right he doesnt have feats that rival theirs... hes not nearly as focused and has a lot of insecurities. he spends all his time trying to beat hulk and trying to prove he is better. Doom and Reed were scientists from the get go.... they have been conditioning their brains for things like this long before the leader was. Doom and reeds( arguable) intellect arent superhuman because they are brains arent eny different to normal humans. The leaders brain is infact a lot different.

I rememeber that use with the math... I thought it was dope.. it looked really cool.

I do believe that they all have their fields as well... doesnt mean one is smarter in all ways than the other

Name a decent feat by the Leader. This is the guy who can't even beat the Hulk despite his supposed superhuman intellect. It doesn't really matter if the Leader is not as focused or has insecurities, those are flaws of the characters which have to be looked at. You cannot speculate on how smart he is without those inherent defects. He is not even considered top 8 smartest men in the world. MODOK, who is supposed to have superhuman intellect, doesn't have any feats that put him on par with Reed or Doom, let alone Amadeus Cho. Just look at the Intelligencia, they are supposed to be the world's smartest men, self proclaimed by the way, and they haven't done anything memorable. Having an oversized brain doesn't really make you smart, it's really how you use it that matters.

#17 Posted by Hyperlight (4281 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: i get what your saying... but the leaders mutation gave him a superhuman intellect and psionic abilities. IM just saying the leader has mental potential that read doesnt have due to the fact that reeds intellect doesnt pass into the superhuman category because he still has a normal homo sapien brain. although that is arguable because if his brain is superhuman than he should be taken off the the list.

That list itself is flawed because their are beings on earth that have better and more evolved intellects than the eight.. such as the high evolutionary. but no one puts him on the list. If the list consisted of the 8 Smartest superheroes... it would make sense. but that list in incomplete and many arent accounted for.

but i definitely hear what you are saying about the leader... he seems dumber because he doesnt have the feat to back him up but you have to remember he is a villian and villians arent really suppose to win.

#18 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyperlight: @Hyperlight said:

@OmgOmgWtfWtf:

That list itself is flawed because their are beings on earth that have better and more evolved intellects than the eight.. such as the high evolutionary. but no one puts him on the list. If the list consisted of the 8 Smartest superheroes... it would make sense. but that list in incomplete and many arent accounted for.

The list on refers to earth bound intellect. If it was universal I doubt Reed or Doom would be on the top. Thanos, High Evolutionary, Captain Mar-Vell, Galactus and Adam Warlock would be higher, at least in my opinion. Noh-Varr upon his return to Earth mocked Amadeus Chow by saying that since he returned to earth Amadeus is no longer part of the eight smartest. How much weight this actually has is up to speculation. I personally would put Kang the Conquerer and Nathaniel Richards up there as well. Valeria should be on the list since she's pretty much as smart as Reed now. Ultron should also be smarter than Reed and Doom. Doom, himself, expressed that Ultron is a legitimate threat to him and everyone else. Tony Stark and Hank Pym consider Ultron to be more intelligent then they are. They showed a lot of concern when he returned to Earth in the guise of a space knight. Ultron was able to trick the Intelligencia, who went to get him, into believing he was a hunk of junk, until he gathered enough energy to escape both the avengers and Intelligencia. So it's true that this list is pretty subjective, but it really depends on who you're asking. I personally can't name all the people who are supposed to be top 8.

#19 Posted by Hyperlight (4281 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: a lot of those heroes are earthbound right? im not sure though.... high evolutionary, ultron, etc

#20 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyperlight: Ultron, Nathaniel Richards, Kang and Valeria are from Earth. Ultron was in space for a while but is back. I can't wait for the Age of Ultron event to come out. Kang and Nathaniel are time travelers but are still earth based. Valeria is a child and already on par with her dad in the intellect department. The other people I mentioned, like Noh-Varr, are from space.

#21 Posted by Hyperlight (4281 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: dont know too much about it but i heard its gonna be dope. Whats AoU about?

Thats all true.... nathaniel and valeria are from earth but they also have baseline human brains... so i guess they would have potential to be on that list.

#22 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16629 posts) - - Show Bio

Leader already won in Inteligencia IMO. But I have to admitt that MT is a joke character for me ;-P

#23 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyperlight: From what I can tell, Age of Ultron is going to be him trying to take over the world. Ultron is one my favorite characters in comics. He's an absolute beast.

#24 Posted by Hyperlight (4281 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

Leader already won in Inteligencia IMO. But I have to admitt that MT is a joke character for me ;-P

i dont know if he is a joke.. the writers do him dirty just like they do a lot of villians but he is a beast regardless.