• Fight takes place in New York
  • Both teams start 1000 meters away from each other

Who wins, and why.

#2 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995 said:

Spite, Lantens win with ease.

Not Spite, and no. They do not win with ease,

#3 Posted by usmuscle (109 posts) - - Show Bio

mags and ice man no morrals . This a closer then it looks. Mags with no morrals is scarry Bobby as well. Still have to go with lanterns cause of pure versatility and all the automatic powers the ring can provide you with.

#4 Posted by drgnx (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't Vulcan mess with their powers and have magneto and iceman kill them?

#5 Posted by XMen1963 (484 posts) - - Show Bio

Why no Alan Scott?

#6 Posted by chaos-soul (1435 posts) - - Show Bio

vulcan? with less morals? lol i say mutants. becuz of energy minipulation by vulcan..

#7 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

With Vulcan being able to control energy, and morals off for Mags and Bobby

The mutants take this one, potentially pretty easily.

#8 Posted by SwordandShields (712 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse and Onslaught Stomp.... Jean grey(Phoenix) Curbstomps....

#9 Posted by Nefarious (19549 posts) - - Show Bio

The Lanterns.

#10 Posted by XiiX (7914 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

The Lanterns.
#11 Posted by Darrius (72 posts) - - Show Bio

I never thought about this question until this moment, but are green lantern rings made of metal?

#12 Posted by MasterM0r0n (333 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darrius said:

I never thought about this question until this moment, but are green lantern rings made of metal?

Yes, I would think so.

And no Magneto cannot mold the metal, it's an Oan Ring.

Or atleast I wouldn't think so.

#13 Posted by Pazuzu (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto has been known to control energy or he could just manipulate the small amounts of metal in their blood and well kill them.

#14 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX said:

@Nefarious said:

The Lanterns.

Why?

@XMen1963 said:

Why no Alan Scott?

He's too powerful.

#15 Edited by Darrius (72 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterM0r0n said:

@Darrius said:

Yes, I would think so.

And no Magneto cannot mold the metal, it's an Oan Ring.

Or atleast I wouldn't think so.

Oh yes he could!!!...If they are made out of metal. If the rings are made of metal Magneto would immediately know that and take them, break them, etc. It doesn't matter what exactly Magneto does with the rings, what matters is that he separates them from the wearers. Mag wins, if the rings are metal. However, I can't prove that they actually are made of metal. I can only take your word for it.

#16 Posted by Oni_Bane (1581 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that the mutants can take this, Magneto is arguably the most powerful mutant. Not to mention Vulcan who could potentially manipulate the energy in which the GL rings exert. Iceman could just freeze them at a molecular level.

#17 Posted by goodguy24 (704 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns win with ease.

#18 Posted by XiiX (7914 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: Because not only can they match the mutants power-wise, but they otherwise outgun them on overall versatility.

#19 Edited by antiwhipped (202 posts) - - Show Bio

Vulcan is a energy manipulator. The lantern's powers are visibly and obviously energy.

Vulcan takes controls of the lantern's energy and kills them with it.

Iceman chills a drink for himself and magneto to drink while wondering why he had to come to this battle.

#20 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns

#21 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@BlueLantern1995 said:

Agreed.

Vulcan can absorb almost anything the Lanterns can throw out. Magneto would then be able to shred them like puppets. Iceman is just a bonus at this point.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#22 Edited by Gritterr (489 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@BlueLantern1995 said:

Agreed.

Vulcan can absorb almost anything the Lanterns can throw out. Magneto would then be able to shred them like puppets. Iceman is just a bonus at this point.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

This. The Lanterns have no answer for Vulcan. He is a Horrible matchup for them.

Whats funny is that there was just a Hal Jordan Vs Vulcan thread and hands down people agreed that in a straight up fight Vulcan would stomp, now I see people in this thread completely disregarding him.

#23 Posted by MasterM0r0n (333 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by LordVulcan (209 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi ya lord vulcan here and to all of you saying Lanterns Vulcan controls energy and if i understand correctly the green lantern rings run on energy. so until some one gives me a very good reason why vulcan cant go LOL and drain there rings Vulcan win by him self.

#25 Posted by Kepiomenaz (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

@ Magneto would then be able to shred them like puppets.

Magneto couldn't even shred Paulie Provenzano.

@jeanroygrant said:

@BlueLantern1995 said:

Actually it is spite, any of the Lanterns would solo. Kyle Rayner blood lusted would nuke the entire planet. Even if Vulcan could absorb an energy blast there's no evidence that he would be able to absorb a planetary nuke. Not to mention Iceman and Magneto are worthless here since Lanterns can manipulate magnetic polarities and can regulate temperature.

@Oni_Bane said:

I think that the mutants can take this, Magneto is arguably the most powerful mutant. Not to mention Vulcan who could potentially manipulate the energy in which the GL rings exert. Iceman could just freeze them at a molecular level.

Yes the most powerful mutant, that lost to Iron Man

@Gritterr said:

This. The Lanterns have no answer for Vulcan. He is a Horrible matchup for them.

They have plenty of answer for Vulcan. People [and by people I mean people who don't read GL comics] seem to think Lanterns can only make constructs and shoot energy. If they saw Vulcan starting to absorb their energy blast, they could easily transmute Vulcan into a toilet or toss his ass through a wormhole.

#26 Edited by Veitha (2970 posts) - - Show Bio

Mutants.

Vulcan can manipulate energy, this means that he can take control over their rings and use the ring's energy against them. Or he could just inibite their powers.

Ice-Man has shown to manipulate water moisture on a moleculare level, this means that he can freeze their bodies' molecules in a matter of seconds.

Magneto has control over the electromagnetic field. The rings use energy from the electromagnetic spectrum, this means that he can easily destroy their constructs and take control over their rings.

#27 Posted by war of light_2814 (814 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns easily.

#28 Posted by thegreat4u (350 posts) - - Show Bio

I think mutant stand a good chance btw can Iceman freeze the lanterns internally

#29 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreat4u said:

I think mutant stand a good chance btw can Iceman freeze the lanterns internally

Yes he can.

Mutants stomp.

#30 Posted by Killemall (18478 posts) - - Show Bio

@XMen1963 said:

Why no Alan Scott?

Its morals off, i think that would be one sided. Morals off Alan Scott could potentially take both the team (perhaps except Vulcan).

@drgnx said:

Normally i would assume yes, the problem is they have ION who can help them re-charge the ring, and i dont think Ion can actually be drained, its meant to be unlimited energy.

@Kepiomenaz said:

Actually it is spite, any of the Lanterns would solo. Kyle Rayner blood lusted would nuke the entire planet. Even if Vulcan could absorb an energy blast there's no evidence that he would be able to absorb a planetary nuke. Not to mention Iceman and Magneto are worthless here since Lanterns can manipulate magnetic polarities and can regulate temperature.

Two things:

1. What would that achieve, you do understand what reversing polarities is right?

2. If they could simply negate magnetic powers, i question the wisdom of having Polaris as a GL villain then Dex.

Actually i honestly gotta say, its nice seeing you debate sensibly for one. Although i dont see why Vulcan couldnt absorb the entire GL energy from the rest of the lantern, having ION there makes it kind of hard i would think.

They have plenty of answer for Vulcan. People [and by people I mean people who don't read GL comics] seem to think Lanterns can only make constructs and shoot energy. If they saw Vulcan starting to absorb their energy blast, they could easily transmute Vulcan into a toilet or toss his ass through a wormhole.

I have never seen Lantern use transmutation, would you happen to have a scan? I know Alan Scott has done so, but his powers are a little different, and a lot more versatile.

I dont see why GL shouldnt win, honestly this feel very one sided, specially given the fact that Kyle for one has one shotted OA before , within his character, and he didnt even have ION powers then, and was holding his own (to some extend, of was on the losing side) against Parallax. So i understand Kyle soloing.

I dont think the others could do so though.

#31 Posted by Veitha (2970 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

Normally i would assume yes, the problem is they have ION who can help them re-charge the ring, and i dont think Ion can actually be drained, its meant to be unlimited energy.

But Vulcan doesn't just absorb energy, he can manipulate every form of energy. Actually he could just shut their brains off and kill them, or take control over the rings easily manipulating their energy.

And Green lanterns manipulate energy on the green spectrum while Magneto manipulates the entire electromagnetic spectrum, this means that he can easily destroy their constructs or absorb their energies.

And Ice-Man can just freeze every molecule of their bodies.

#32 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

Mutants wins

#33 Posted by Killemall (18478 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha said:

But Vulcan doesn't just absorb energy, he can manipulate every form of energy. Actually he could just shut their brains off and kill them, or take control over the rings easily manipulating their energy.

I have to be honest here, i dont know the full extent of Vulcan's power but the GL ring essentially regulates entire bodily fuction from temperature to everything. While i am not sure if it controls their brain, i dont think it would be easy to shut their brains off, because the ring protects against telepathy, hopefully it protects against Vulcan's manipulation as well (thats more of an educated guess then a hard and fast proof).

And Green lanterns manipulate energy on the green spectrum while Magneto manipulates the entire electromagnetic spectrum, this means that he can easily destroy their constructs or absorb their energies.

While i think Magneto can essentially absorb a normal blast from a gl , Kyle for one has busted a planet with one blast, its hard to argue Magneto could absorb that. I would personally take feats over scope of powers anyday, and GL have better feats.

GL ring regulates internal temperature so they can travel close to the sun and unaided in the sky, i would assume they would have some protection against Ice Man's powers (again an educated guess rather than a hard and fast proof from my side).

#34 Posted by Veitha (2970 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Veitha said:

I have to be honest here, i dont know the full extent of Vulcan's power but the GL ring essentially regulates entire bodily fuction from temperature to everything. While i am not sure if it controls their brain, i dont think it would be easy to shut their brains off, because the ring protects against telepathy, hopefully it protects against Vulcan's manipulation as well (thats more of an educated guess then a hard and fast proof).

he's an omega level mutant, he's got limitless potential. He's strong enough to manipulate every form of energy(including magic or other exotic forms), his powers allow him to regenerate himself(he took a full Black Bolt's scream) and his powers are not psionic in nature, he can manipulate the electric signals inside someone's brain so he can shut it off or he can inibite other people's powers(he can do this to Frost, Grey and Xavier, that have all got more powerful psichic defenses). Energy attacks can't do anything to him.

@Killemall said:

While i think Magneto can essentially absorb a normal blast from a gl , Kyle for one has busted a planet with one blast, its hard to argue Magneto could absorb that. I would personally take feats over scope of powers anyday, and GL have better feats.

I don't know. Magneto can manipulate the electromagnetic spectrum and this is where the lantern gain their powers, so he could be able to manipulate their rings.

@Killemall said:

GL ring regulates internal temperature so they can travel close to the sun and unaided in the sky, i would assume they would have some protection against Ice Man's powers (again an educated guess rather than a hard and fast proof from my side).

But Ice-Man doesn't just manipulate their temperature, he can manipulate water molecules inside their bodies, and they don't have defenses against this. And, however, they can't defend themself from absolute zero.

#35 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5008 posts) - - Show Bio

Good match. Meaning towars mutants.

#36 Posted by YoungJustice (6742 posts) - - Show Bio

So in this battle......vulcan is just not giving a f*ck.

Then I will go with Muties.

#37 Posted by YoungJustice (6742 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kepiomenaz said:

@Floopay said:

@ Magneto would then be able to shred them like puppets.

Magneto couldn't even shred Paulie Provenzano.

@jeanroygrant said:

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@Oni_Bane said:

Yes the most powerful mutant, that lost to Iron Man

@Gritterr said:

Do you know the difference between spite and a mismatch, even though this battle is neither.

#38 Posted by BeaverSauce (431 posts) - - Show Bio

iceman solos he is omega level. He controls water/vapor/and ice molecules. He cant die as long as vapor exist

#39 Edited by Kepiomenaz (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha said:

I don't know. Magneto can manipulate the electromagnetic spectrum and this is where the lantern gain their powers, so he could be able to manipulate their rings.

-_-

They get their powers from the emotional spectrum. Maybe if you read a Lantern comic you would know this.

Vulcan can manipulate energy, this means that he can take control over their rings and use the ring's energy against them. Or he could just inibite their powers.

Ice-Man has shown to manipulate water moisture on a moleculare level, this means that he can freeze their bodies' molecules in a matter of seconds

Vulcan has no defense against being transmuted into a toilet

Lanterns rings regulate body temperature

@YoungJustice: Mismatch then, happy? And yes it is a major mismatch

#40 Posted by YoungJustice (6742 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kepiomenaz said:

@Veitha said:

-_-

They get their powers from the emotional spectrum. Maybe if you read a Lantern comic you would know this.

Dont get snippy with me because you misworded something.

No, this is not a mismatch.

Nor spite.

If you actually provide a reasonable debate I may argue with you.

#41 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7403 posts) - - Show Bio

If Ion is here Lantern, if not Mutants 7/10.

#42 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate to say it, but Mutants win with ease due to overpoweredness.

#43 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Mutants FTw

#44 Posted by Kepiomenaz (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

I hate to say it, but Mutants win with ease due to overpoweredness.

Really? The guy who jobbed to Iron Man is overpowered? Could of fooled me.

@YoungJustice said:

@Kepiomenaz said:

@Veitha said:

-_-

Dont get snippy with me because you misworded something.

No, this is not a mismatch.

Nor spite.

If you actually provide a reasonable debate I may argue with you.

You make it sound like you're actually worth debating with. I've seen many of your post and you aren't exactly the brightest person around. Let me know when someone on team 1 can nuke planets, block super novas and not job to mid tier characters like Iron Man.

Checkmate

@Killemall:

Actually i honestly gotta say, its nice seeing you debate sensibly for one.

Must be the tequila and anti depressants kicking in

I have never seen Lantern use transmutation, would you happen to have a scan? I know Alan Scott has done so, but his powers are a little different, and a lot more versatile.

Hal Jordan has turned bullets into confetti. John Stewart has recreated an entire star system. Kyle has created an entire ecosystem for a planet.

#45 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal turned "Pieface" into a bird once. But that might have been Pre-Crisis.

#46 Posted by Killemall (18478 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kepiomenaz said:

@Killemall:

Must be the tequila and anti depressants kicking in

Whatever it is its working. I hope next time you we debate, you are hell drunk on tequila then ;)

Hal Jordan has turned bullets into confetti. John Stewart has recreated an entire star system. Kyle has created an entire ecosystem for a planet.

Would you happen to have the scan for the formal? John did so during Cosmic Odessy right, thats not matter manipulation, he recreated the solar system using his gl energy, making them a permanent construct, much like Hal Jordan gave Carol a neckless made out of GL energy.

The same goes with kyle, they can produce random elements using their GL energy, which i have not disagreed, there was even a debate about whether GL can create Kryptonite which writers seems to say no (although with no good argument), but changing one form into another is not something i have seen GL do, hopefully you could show me a scan, although i have seen Alan Scott do it, i dont think that would count.

#47 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard that in Last Will and Testament, Hal created synthetic kryptonite.

#48 Posted by rpottage (868 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lanterns win.

Bobby is practically useless in space (GL field), Magneto has some power in space (possibly) but no metal and the three GL's each either have a modified ring or in Stewart's case tremendous willpower. Vulcan's energy manipulation is powerful but GL's can withstand and attack with force. And while people think Vulcan wuld be able to use GL powers against them, it's well established that the energy are will-power based and only someone with the right will-power can use the rings and their energy (I.E. See Green Arrow pushing his body to the limit against Sinestro with just one use to create a single arrow). In addition to that, the Rings don't just create energy, they manipulate it.

Anouther factor is that Vulcan's energy absorption is limited (Havok while supped up was able to deliver a blast that Vulcan couldn't absorb, leaving him powerless. And the GL's are way more powerful than that); and unlike the GL rings, Vulcan's powers do not make him more durable.

The mutants just can't measure up. The power ring puts a normal person into the same league as Wonderwoman or Captain Marvel.

#49 Posted by Mediocre_Guy (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Mutants probably win the rings are more than likely made of some form of metal oan or otherwise

#50 Posted by Park (2975 posts) - - Show Bio

Vulcan can control any energy so he could probably tear the lanterns to pieces.

Mags has a lot of power in space. He's been shown to be able to increase his power and strength by siphoning off magnetic fields of planets.

Iceman... I really don't know what he'd do.

Anyways I say the Mutants win this.