Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Introduction

Did you ever feel like certain characters would be simply perfect with a specific Lantern Ring? Did you ever feel that the character would be unstoppable, and you could defend them to hell and back? Well, you can't, because you didn't sign up for my tournament, but you do get to watch the people who did!

Teams

No Caption Provided

@darkraiden:

• Monica Rambeau
  • Storm
  • Bedlam II
  • Vixen
No Caption Provided

@the_red_viper:

• Composite Aquaman [Waterhand]
  • Lobo
  • Eragon [no death words or empathy]

Rules

• Your character has to actually be compatible with the ring.
  • No losing the ring. If you lose the ring, you die and can't be resurrected. Your opponent cannot take away your ring.
  • Morals can be altered depending on the ring and nothing else.Nerfing will be considered. Ask me.
    • All Black, Red, Orange, and Yellow Lanterns will have no morals. So if I make Superman a Black Lantern (not that I could) he would have no morals.
    • All Violet, Indigo, Blue, and Green Lanterns will have the same morals as they normally do.
  • I will participate.
  • You get 6 months of training with your ring. This is NOT prep and cannot be used to do anything other than train.
  • No "makeshift prep" as in fleeing the battle to go collect some stuff either. You must fight.
  • You don't necessarily get the characters' feats, but you get their powersets. For example, Hal Jordan has shown some telepathy with his ring, but he's a unique case and you wouldn't get all his feats as he supposedly has the greatest willpower in the universe. You'd get the standard speed, strength, durability, constructs of a normal lantern, and you can argue that you'd get more based on the character's willpower and/or learning ability.

• Perfect Teamwork

FIGHT!!!!!!!!

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DarkRaiden
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the_red_viper  Moderator

@darkraiden: I had the strangest feeling I'll be put against you in round 1.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_red_viper  Moderator

@darkraiden: neither. Just maybe I should fill up this week's lottery.

You wanna start? I don't know some of your characters all too well to begin myself.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_red_viper  Moderator
SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_red_viper  Moderator
DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper:

INTRO

Storm

No Caption Provided

She controls weather and stuff

• wind
  • ice
  • heat
  • lightning
  • water
  • an occasional earthquake
  • etc.

Bedlam

No Caption Provided

She's a telepath on the level of Professor X and an Exemplar aka Juggernaut but for a different entity

Her powers are

• TP
  • TK
  • Some enhanced Durability

Vixen

No Caption Provided

She's like Beastboy except without physically transforming. She can use the powers of any and all animals on Earth but enhanced. Including super powered ones. And she can use multiple at the same time.

Monet St. Croix

No Caption Provided

She's a psychic who was trained by Emma Frost and used to be Penance IIRC. Her powers are

• Super Strength
  • Super Invulerability
  • TP
  • TK
  • Flight (at super speeds)
  • Super Speed in general

Monica Rambeau

No Caption Provided

She's the former leader of the Avengers and their most powerful member. She can transform into, absorb, and manipulate pretty much any form of energy. Includes

• Light
  • Neutrinos
  • Lightning
  • Heat
  • Gamma Rays
  • Pure Force
  • Anti-Matter
  • Emotional Spectrum energy
  • Magic
  • Random Extradimensional Energy
  • Anything else in the Electromagnetic Spectrum

And she's lightspeed.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@darkraiden:

My turn.

First of all, setting the mood, my team's theme song:

Loading Video...

"But we die hard..." why is that my team's theme song? Well you're about to find out.

Let's start with introduction of my fighters. Starting with...

The intergalactic bounty hunter, The Main Man himself...

Lobo:

Pre-52. Not to be confused with his sissy New-52 version.
Pre-52. Not to be confused with his sissy New-52 version.

I assume you know the guy. Bio:

Lobo is a Czarnian with exceptional strength and fortitude. He enjoys nothing better than mindless violence and intoxication, and killing is an end in itself; his name roughly translates as "he who devours your entrails and thoroughly enjoys it." He is arrogant and self-centered, focusing almost solely on his own pleasures, although he proudly lives up to the letter of his promises - but always no more or no less than what he promised. Lobo is the last of his kind, having committed complete genocide by killing all the other Czarnians for fun. As detailed in Lobo #0, Lobo unleashed a violent plague of flying scorpions upon his home world, killing most of its citizens.

Fun fact: he was initially created as a Wolverine parody.

A bit on his powers/abilities:

• Super strength.
  • Super speed.
  • Super durability.
  • Extremely high-end healing factor.
  • Ability to sense the weaknesses of others.
  • Super senses.
  • Surprisingly, he is a genius.

Gear:

• His Space-Hog.
  • Chain-hooks.

Brief explanation on Lobo's part in my strategy:

Lobo will be my tank. His ability to soak up enormous amounts of damage, including blows from the likes of Superman, and especially his healing factor, will make him a perfect combo with Eragon (you will later understand why). He will also be able to deliver huge amounts of damage.

Moving on. Let me introduce:

The last free Dragon-Rider, the Shadeslayer...

Eragon Bromsson:

Book version. Not to be confused with his lame, totally forgettable movie version.
Book version. Not to be confused with his lame, totally forgettable movie version.

Bio:

Eragon Bromsson (named Shadeslayer after killing Durza) was the main protagonist in the Inheritance Cycle. He was the son of Brom and Selena. After the dragon Saphira hatched for him, Eragon became the first Dragon Rider to be born in a hundred years and was subsequently trained by Brom and later Oromis. After becoming an accomplished swordsman and magician in a relatively short time, the young Rider found himself championing the cause of the Varden, inheriting both the duties of the Dragon Riders' and his father's place as Galbatorix's foremost enemy.

Powers/abilities:

• Above peak-human physicals (doesn't matter much since he's a Blue Lantern now).
  • Limited body-reading (Shiva-ish).
  • Telepathy.
  • Magic, which allows him, among many other things: telekinesis, elemental manipulation, energy manipulation, scrying, healing, wards. More info on Eragon's magic later.
  • Some other abilities that I'm not allowed here.

Gear:

• Longsword.
  • Armor.
  • Aren (his ring. Not the power ring, another ring).
  • Eldunarya (undefined number, but it's a few hundreds. Info on what the F those things are will be provided later).

Brief explanation on Eragon's part in my strategy:

Eragon is by far my most important fighter here. He will be providing unbreakable defenses for my team, healing, and damage-dealing. As I said, Eragon and Lobo in one team are a deadly duo. You are probably asking yourself just why. Well, you'll soon know. Keep reading!

Last but most certainly not least:

The king of Atlantis, the most absolutely NOT useless-guy-who-talks-to-fish...

Aquaman:

Composite feats.
Composite feats.

Bio:

Aquaman is the telepathic ruler of Atlantis and the Earth's oceans, an Atlantean with incredible strength and speed as well as the ability to command all sea-life. His unique physiology allows him to survive on land and at the ocean's greatest depths of pressure and temperature. Given the names Orin through his royal heritage and Arthur Curry by his human upbringing, he fights to protect both worlds using his mighty abilities and political influence. He is a founding member of the Justice League of America.

Powers/abilities:

• Superhuman strength.
  • Superhuman durability.
  • Superhuman speed.
  • Telepathy.
  • Water manipulation (hydrokinesis).

Gear:

• Water-hand, which gives him various magical abilities.
  • Trident (since he is composite).

Brief explanation on Aquaman's part in my strategy:

Aquaman is a damage dealer, and also part-time healer. His water-hand offers him great versatility in both offensive and supportive departments and his trident is also quite the powerful weapon, as you will see.

Moving on to my actual battle plan:

Now, I'll start of with explaining what Eragon packs in his punch thoroughly, so you can understand what my strategy is exactly.

Let me start off by making sure you understand how magic works in The Inheritance Cycle verse:

"This magic----for it is magic----has rules like the rest of the world. If you break the rules, the penalty is death, without exception. Your deeds are limited by your strength, the words you know, and your imagination."

"Brisingr is from an ancient language that all living tings used to speak. However, it was forgotten over time and went unspoken for eons in Alagaesia, until the elves brought it back over the sea. They taught it to the other races, who used it for making and doing powerful things. The language has a name for everything, if you can find it."

"But what does that have to do with magic?" interrupted Eragon.

"Everything! It is the basis for all power. The language describes the true nature of things, not the superficial aspects that everyone sees. For example, fire is called brisingr. Not only is that a name for fire, it is the name for fire. If you are strong enough, you can use brisingr to direct fire to do whatever you will. And that is what happened today."

Eragon thought about it for a moment. "Why was the fire blue? How come it did exactly what I wanted, if all I said was fire?"

"The color varies from person to person. It depends on who says the word. As to why the fire did what you wanted, that's a matter of practice. Most beginners have to spell out exactly what they want to happen. As they gain more experience, it isn't as necessary. A true master could just say water and create something totally unrelated, like a gemstone. You wouldn't be able to understand how he had done it, but the master would have seen the connection between water and the gem and would have used that as the focal point for his power. The practice is more of an art than anything else."

Brom took a deep breath and said, "To work with magic, you must have a certain innate power, which is very rare among people nowadays. You also have to be able to summon this power at will. Once it is called upon, you have to use it or let it fade away. Understood? Now, if you wish to employ this power, you must utter the word or phrase of the ancient language that describes your intent."

In other words: The Ancient Language is the essence of everything that exists. Speaking a word, or a phrase in the AL, would create an effect. Speaking a single word like "fire", "lightning", etc would allow Eragon to control and manipulate what it represents. Speaking a phrase, for example "stone, rise" or "light, stop" would result in, well... exactly what it says.

Magic costs strength, or life-power. Simple things like making a small pebble move up in the air would cost almost nothing, while more complicated things would wear the user out, as it would drain a lot of energy/life force. Trying to cast a spell too powerful will result in death, if the caster doesn't have enough power.

You must be thinking "That's nothing. What can a guy who's just a little over peak-human do without having himself killed?"

Well you are about to see. First, let me explain to you what an Eldunari is.

Probably the most magical creatures, by nature, in The Inheritance Cycle verse, are dragons. As they grow older they grow bigger (with no upper limit to size) and more powerful. An Eldunari is a dragon's heart-of-hearts. A dragon can disgorge his Eldunari, so when he dies his consciousness and power will move into the Eldunari. An Eldunari looks practically like a rock (size and color varies according to the dragon).

How many Eldunarya (plural for Eldunari) does Eragon have? Well...

• Eragon has the Eldunari of Glaedr, an immensely powerful dragon.
  • Eragon has 136 more Eldunarya from The Vault of Souls. 2 very notable and powerful of which are Umaroth and Valdr.
  • Galbatorix has had a non-specific number of Eldunarya. The precise number was never stated, but it was stated that he had about 3 times the amount Eragon had. After Galbatorix's death, Eragon took all of his Eldunarya as well. If we go by 3 times the amount of Eldunarya Eragon has had, that means 408.
  • 408 (from Galb) + 136 (from the Vault) + 1 (Glaedr's) = 545.

How powerful are they, exactly?

Well, Galbatorix has had the power to control armies of tens of thousands of men and Urgals (The Inheritance Cycle's parallel to Orcs). And we don't even know if he used all of his Eldunarya for that. Eragon and his other 137 Eldunarya were able to go against Galbatorix and his own Eldunarya in a mind battle and give them quite the challenge. Although Galbatorix clearly had the upper hand, Eragon made him really sweat for it, until finally ending him with empathy.

The logic behind under 150 Eldunarya matching over 400 is that Eragon has had more powerful Eldunarya with him-namely Umaroth (and possibly Valdr too. He is older and wiser but Umaroth is the most experienced in combat and magic and all that). Umaroth was able to fodderize the combined minds of Eragon, Saphira (Eragon's dragon, who is also pretty strong) and Glaedr (who outclasses Saphira by a huge margin) in their first encounter.

So that's two times the power to control whole armies of tens of thousands of men and Urgals. Plus Eragon himself, who is powerful and skilled (although nothing compared to the more powerful dragons, like Glaedr, not to mention Valdr and Umaroth).

So now you must be thinking, "tens of thousands? even doubled, that's STILL nothing!"

Well, I'll get to that later. Spoiler alert: Aquaman. But, first let me cover just exactly why Eragon and Lobo put together is a combination that should worry you.

First, let me introduce you to one of Eragon's most commonly used forms of magic, and the one that will be decisive in this fight: Wards.

How wards work:

"Wards," said Oromis, "rely upon the strength of your body. If that strength is exceeded, you die. No matter how many wards you have, you will only be able to block attacks so long as your body can sustain the output of energy."

Here we have Eragon casting a spell to drag himself and several others onto a block of stone and also wards to protect all of them from the explosion. That explosion was confirmed by the author (Christopher Paolini) to be a nuclear blast. It was also explained in the book. The spell was a suicide spell cast by Galbatorix, and its wording was "waise neiat", which means "be not". The effect was just that-it made Galb cease to exist, in the smallest level possible-the subatomic level. Hence the nuke. I can try and find it but it'll take time.

Eragon had no time for words. Again drawing upon the Eldunari, he cast a spell to drag himself, Saphira, Arya, Elva, Thorn, and Murtagh, and the two children on the dias over to the block of stone where Nasuada was chained. And he also cast a spell to stop or deflect whatever might harm them.

They were only halfway to the block when Galbatorix vanished in a flash of light brighter than the sun. Then all went black and silent as Eragon's protective spell took effect.

Now, not only did Eragon react in the fraction of a second between Galbatorix casting the spell and the spell taking effect-he now has a power ring that makes him even more powerful.

Now, you would probably think "Nuclear? That's nothing! his wards would drain too much energy and he'll die!"

FALSE.

Oromis has taught Eragon to drain energy from his surroundings, in order to power his spells:

"I want you to extract a sphere of water from the stream, using only the energy you can gleam from the forest around you."

"Yes, Master."

As Eragon reached out to the nearby plants and animals, he felt Oromis's mind brush against his own, the elf watching and judging his progress.

He resumed the process, careful to avoid draining the elf's vitality, and when he was ready, commanded, "Up!"

Silent as the night, a sphere of water a foot wide rose from the brook until it floated at eye level across from Eragon. And while Eragon experienced the usual strain that results from intense effort, the spell itself caused him no fatigue.

The sphere was only in the air for a moment when a wave of death rolled through the smaller creatures Eragon was in contact with. A line of ants keeled over motionless. A baby mouse gasped and entered the void as it lost the strength to keep its heart beating. Countless plants withered and crumbled and became inert as dust.

So where will Eragon drain his energy from in this fight?

You guesses it-LOBO.

Not only does Lobo have strength beyond that of any being in The Inheritance Cycle verse, able to hang with the big boys like Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Captain Marvel, Etrigan and others, his healing factor will constantly heal him and replenish his strength.

In other words: infinite wards for all of my team.

"But we die hard..." get it now?

This is the core of my strategy. I needed to explain the roots of Eragon and his powers to you before moving on. The rest is mostly simple. However, there's one more thing regarding Eragon that I should talk about:

He is now a Blue Lantern.

Eragon is, most probably, THE best candidate for the Blue Lantern Corps. I can imagine him with a blue ring being on the pay-grade of Hal with his green ring, Sinestro with his yellow, Atros with his red, etc.

So why is Eragon the perfect Blue Lantern? Well...

• In the first quote I posted, where Brom explains to Eragon how magic works, it is stated that Eragon has some sort of personal connection to the color blue.
  • Eragon's dragon, Saphira, is blue, as well as his sword "Brisingr".
  • Eragon is the symbol of hope in his time. Before he became a Dragon Rider, the only known Rider was Galbatorix-the cruel tyrant king, who all but vanquished The Varden (the rebels against his empire). Eragon rekindled the hope for The Varden, and the land of Alagaesia as a whole, to beat the evil king. In every battle he was present, he has given inspiration to anyone fighting beside him. After all, having a magician riding a huge flying fire-breathing lizard at your side kinda tips the scales in your favor most of the time. So yeah, Eragon is literally hope made flesh.
  • Eragon is stated to be an extremely fastlearner. He has naturally learned to use magic whereas all the riders before him needed weeks of extensive training before casting their first spell, and in his time training under Brom, Oromis and Glaedr he has mastered countless forms and tactics of swordsmanship, magic and telepathy, as well as learning a huge part of the AL, and many other things like geography, cultures, and so on. He was stated to excel in all of those subjects very fast, so 6 months of training with the ring would make him an absolute master.

Few quotes regarding that:

1. Eragon is the best hope for the dragon race to survive, stated by Glaedr:

The memories of our race, which were given form and substance by the elves' magic, anointed you with what skill we dragons posses, for you are our best hope to avoid extinction.

2. Orik, dwarven royalty, on Eragon:

"But lo, he has shown himself to be the embodiment of our every hope!"

Moving on. Why is my team winning this?

Well, first of all, there's the infinite-wards tactic that you'd find it hard, if even possible, to counter. To eliminate the wards you gotta eliminate Lobo, but Lobo is also protected by the wards. Other than the wards, Eragon's proficiency with his ring should prove enough to make shields just as powerful as any that were ever seen by any Lantern of any corps. So even if the wards are somehow out of play, the energy shields my team will have will be powerful by themselves.

Before you mention Monica's powers and her "going through the shields in light form and electrifying their brains" like I saw you doing in other debates, that won't work. Why? Because magic, that's why. Eragon was stated to excel especially at energy manipulation, namely light:

At spells that dealt with the great energies----such as light, heat, and magnetism----he excelled, for he possessed the talent to judge nigh exactly how much strength a task required and whether it would exceed that of his body.

Also:

Study of the ancient language devoured the afternoon, whereupon they took up the practice of magic. Much of Oromis's lectures concerned the proper way in which to control various forms of energy, such as light, heat, electricity, and even gravity. He explained that since these forces consumed strength faster than any other type of spell, it was safer to find them already in existence in nature and then shape them with gramarye, instead of trying to create them from nothing.

Now, I noticed you have mentioned Monica can manipulate magical energy. I assume you are talking about the Shuma Gorath fight from Mighty Avengers, right? Well, I have read that issue. Sadly, I won't have access to my copy until next week, but I remember it quite well. Spectrum wasn't manipulating magic, she was manipulating light.

What she did was replicating the signs that Shuma's magic produced, since they seemed to repel his minions. Nothing there suggests she did anything to do with magic, she simply changed light patterns to create images of these signs.

Also, her being lightspeed isn't a factor here, since everybody in this fight is automatically FTL thanks to their rings. And if anything, Eragon is the fastest here since his connection with his respective color/emotion is the strongest.

How will Eragon know of Monica's powers in the first place? Well, telepathy of course. He can read minds and probe into people's memories:

As Eragon reached toward Garzhvog's consciousness, it reminded him of how the Twins invaded his mind when he first entered Farthen Dur. That observation was swept away as he immersed himself in the Urgal's identity. The very nature of his search----looking for malevolent intent perhaps hidden somewhere in Garzhvog's past----meant Eragon had to examine years of memories.

Speaking of which, Monica is susceptible to telepathy as well, so energy manipulation isn't even needed to drop her.

The rest of my strategy:

Now that I have explained how the dynamic duo of Eragon and Lobo will give me unbeatable defenses, and why I have probably the best Blue Lantern possible, and that I have completely countered your most powerful and valuable fighter-here are the main points of my strategy, aside from all that:

• Eragon uses offensive magic against your characters. He doesn't have to use too much energy. He can cast simple, yet game-changing spells in order to incapitate your team, such as blinding, deafening, putting your characters to sleep, etc.
  • Telepathy is a huge factor here. Not only is Eragon a high-level telepath with all his Eldunarya, I also have Aquaman.
  • Aquaman will manipulate the oceans of this planet we're on to flood it and create a homefield advantage for him. He will also use marine life if and when he needs them to come to his aid.
  • Eragon can use healing spells and Aquaman can heal with his water-hand.
  • Lobo and Aquaman can deliver massive physical damage even without power rings. Lobo is in the physical pay grade of DC's major powerhouses and Aquaman's trident can harm Darkseid.
  • Since everybody here has power rings, any speed advantage you might have had is gone. If anything, Eragon would be the fastest one here.

That pretty much sums it up. I'll delve deeper into feats and scans as we go on. Looking forward to your response! =)

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DarkRaiden

@the_red_viper:

Questions and Flaws: Your Side

1. You say Monica's speed no longer matters because we're all FTL, but that's just not true. Lanterns in general don't operate at FTL constantly, hence GLs having their rings stolen by Slade and Batman (more than once for both) and being blitzed by White Martians. Also the Lantern rings are an amp. So if Monica is the fastest without a ring, add on the speed, power, etc. the ring gives and she's now the fastest with it too. The speed just got added on.

2. Monica also turns invisible (form of neutrinos) and thus is fast AND you can't see her. She also goes through matter (is intangible) and can adjust her energy frequency otherwise even in other forms. So your shields won't hold, you being theoretically faster won't do much as you can't see her and can't keep her out.

3. You have to feel the emotion of hope for Blue Lantern Rings, not be a great hope to others. So Eragon doesn't really qualify more than anyone. Aquaman might not even qualify, and Lobo surely doesn't.

4. You say Eragon has now infinite power because he can drain Lobo, but is there any indication that Lobo's life force is greater than normal? It would be a non-depleting source, but Lobo doesn't always heal instantly (he's been KO'd plenty of times) and there's a question on how fast he can drain the energy? Because blocking a nuke is ok, but blocking thousands of nukes per second or potentially planet busting attacks per second is totally different and Lobo doesn't heal fast enough or give enough energy to keep that up.

5. To use telepathy on Monica you have to have time to think, time to sense her, get past the Violet Ring, and then get past Bedlam and Storm (she's shown using her powers to block psionic powers before)

6. Monica manipulated magic. Unless you think a light show or a painting of said symbols with no power behind them would stop Shuma-Gorath and his minions. She used light to emulate magic's effects and protected her team. She's also gone intangible to magic. Zeus's.

7. You say Eragon's good at controlling light, but has he ever controlled living light? Does he have subatomic feats like Monica does? Has he choked people with their own energy like she has? Can he see her when she's invisible and moving far too fast for him? These are questions for him. Also the question if you think Eragon's better at magic than Shuma-Gorath since he did no such thing to her.

My Side

1. Instantly your rings get lifted by Bedlam's TK, Monet's TK, Vixen's TK (courtesy of Grodd) and Storm's wind

2. At the same time, Storm traps you all into wind tunnels/tornadoes to hold and suffocate you.

3. Then she uses lightning to paralyze you and take you out of the fight quickly. Meanwhile, Vixen and Bedlam attack you with TP, blocking your magic/messing with your magic as they take you down mentally.

4. Even your shields will fail if there is any air in the vicinity since Storm can control it, and Aquaman and Eragon will get dehydrated as well. Lobo can get BFR'd with the winds if he's providing too much energy (Storm can see in energy).

5. There's also the question on if Eragon's wards can take a constant barrage of Hurricane+ level wins (above nukes), blasts from the Violet Ring, Bedlam's TK, and countless Lightning strikes that hurt people above nuke level durability. And this is happening rapidly per second, likely before Eragon can properly react.

6. Monica blitzes you at the very start in neutrinos form and does the electricity brain thing. It's too fast for you to do much since you can't see her, she can go intangible through your shields, and can shrink to subatomic levels (which she would have to do to get properly in your brains. Shrink, not subatomically necessarily).

7. And then there's the whole Violet Ring's containment field thing that was used on Sinestro and Lobo. It held them for a long enough time for us to take you down, take your rings, and for Monica to blitz/electrify you into unconsciousness if the first few attacks don't work.

8. So before the first second is up (with the speed amp everyone gets), your rings are gone and you're depowered. TP has messed with your minds/hope/magic and you're being suffocated and hit with powerful attacks from all angles. From Monica to Storm to TK, and so on.

9. We win due to the speed and effectiveness of the onslaught that essentially counters your defenses in every way.

EDIT: All ring taking parts, just take them out.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the_red_viper  Moderator

@darkraiden:

Flaws? Nope!

1. You say Monica's speed no longer matters because we're all FTL, but that's just not true. Lanterns in general don't operate at FTL constantly, hence GLs having their rings stolen by Slade and Batman (more than once for both) and being blitzed by White Martians. Also the Lantern rings are an amp. So if Monica is the fastest without a ring, add on the speed, power, etc. the ring gives and she's now the fastest with it too. The speed just got added on.

Rings being stolen have nothing to do with speed. I know the instance you're talking about, when Batman took Hal's ring in Justice League #1.

No Caption Provided

Hal wasn't concentrating. It's the exact same argument I had in another thread this week. Batman has essentially picked Hal's pocket which requires skill-not speed. This exact feat is achieved by real-world pickpockets, and magicians who pull seemingly impossible pickpocket tricks thanks to skill and sleight of hand.

Also, the ring isn't an amp. It pretty much equalizes speed. Hence human GL's matching meta-humans with power rings in speed, like Cyborg-Superman and Superboy Prime who were part of the Sinestro Corps. So, at base, everybody here would be at equal speed. If anything, then the one who is most proficient with the ring will be the fastest.

As I established, and you didn't disprove-the most proficient person with his ring here would be Eragon. I see you tried to argue against that as well but I'll get to that later.

2. Monica also turns invisible (form of neutrinos) and thus is fast AND you can't see her. She also goes through matter (is intangible) and can adjust her energy frequency otherwise even in other forms. So your shields won't hold, you being theoretically faster won't do much as you can't see her and can't keep her out.

Light IS invisible, technically speaking, yet Eragon has no trouble manipulating it.

Here's Eragon's usage of the blinding spell. The core of this spell is preventing light from going into the target's eyes, therefore blinding them. It's a brilliant spell and very useful since it affects even characters who might be completely resistant to magic. If Eragon can manipulate light that he can't see, he can manipulate Monica too. And it even states that the spell is poorly worded since Eragon hasted casting it. Being FTL now, and probably the fastest one here, he could construct an even better spell to react to Monica. He doesn't even need to speak. As you've seen in my previous post he can use non-verbal magic when he "has no time for words".

He only had time for one more spell before he would have to devote himself to stopping the Ra'zac from inserting the sword between his liver and kidneys. In desperation, he gave up trying to directly harm the Lethrblaka and instead cried, "Garjzla, letta!"

It was a crude spell, constructed in haste and poorly worded, yet it worked. The bulbous eyes of the Lethrblaka with the broken wing became a matched set of mirrors, each a perfect hemisphere, as Eragon's magic reflected the light that otherwise would have entered the Ltherblaka's pupils. Blind, the creature stumbled and flailed at the air in a vain attempt to hit Saphira.

"Garjzla, letta" means "light stop" if you were wondering. Not to mention that he can simply say "garjzla" (light) to outright manipulate light and not just stop it by adding "letta" (stop). Same way he did countless times with "brisingr" to manipulate fire and not do anything specific with it. Just like Brom has taught Eragon, a true master of magic could say a single word and create any effect he desires without having to spell the whole thing out. Luckily, Eragon IS a master.

Now, not only that, but Eragon will also sense her with telepathy. He can know her location with telepathy. Like here:

Less than a minute later, Eragon collected a brace of dead rabbits from their nest. It had taken him but an instant to locate the rabbits with his mind and then kill them with one of the twelve death words.

Don't worry, death-words (insta-kill spells) are out for this tourney. So your fate will not be the same as those rabbits'.

Also, intangibility was never a problem for Lobo:

"I touch WHAT I want, WHERE I want, WHEN I want, HOW I want, IF I want-- An' how friggin' HARD I want!"

3. You have to feel the emotion of hope for Blue Lantern Rings, not be a great hope to others. So Eragon doesn't really qualify more than anyone. Aquaman might not even qualify, and Lobo surely doesn't.

Not true. Saint Walker, who is the most recognized Blue Lantern in DC, was chosen by his ring after giving the people of his dying planet hope to survive. The ring said he was chosen because he "has the ability to instill great hope". Therefore, Eragon not only qualifies, he is PERFECT for the job. Also remember his connection to the very color of hope.

Aquaman does qualify if you take that into mind. And before you have anything to say on Lobo (who IS literally Blue-ish), please tell me how exactly do your characters qualify for the Violet Corps.

4. You say Eragon has now infinite power because he can drain Lobo, but is there any indication that Lobo's life force is greater than normal? It would be a non-depleting source, but Lobo doesn't always heal instantly (he's been KO'd plenty of times) and there's a question on how fast he can drain the energy? Because blocking a nuke is ok, but blocking thousands of nukes per second or potentially planet busting attacks per second is totally different and Lobo doesn't heal fast enough or give enough energy to keep that up.

Life force = energy = strength. I don't think there's any better way to put it. Think of it as physical damage: one can only suffer THAT much damage before passing out/dying. The stronger you are the more you can endure. And Lobo, being an equal foe to the likes of Superman, certainly has a lot more power than the Eldunarya that have defended Eragon, 6 other people and 2 dragons from the nuke. Example:

One of Lobo's many fights with Superman. Not only a huge showing of strength, as he clearly pwns Superman here, it's a great showing of durability since he can take Superman's blows and a direct hit from his heat-vision to his chest without breaking a sweat. Considering that TIC dragons have durability far inferior to that, then it's suffice to say that Lobo will be able to lend energy to defend against A LOT more than a nuke.

The energy draining isn't the same as comics characters do, like Silver Surfer or Ms. Marvel. When a spell is being used, it automatically takes as much energy as it needs. When a ward fends off an attack, it automatically takes as much energy as it needs, as explained by Oromis in the quote from my previous post. So any attack fended off by Eragon's wards, will immediately take the required energy from Lobo.

And Lobo not only has the durability to withstand whatever you throw in his way, he also heals VERY fast. Examples:

1. Completely regenerates from nothing but a pool of blood in a couple of seconds:

2. Keeps on fighting after he's skeletonized and casually grows his whole body back:

3. Quite the lovely image. Lobo completely regenerates from a finger inside a toilet full of sh*t. Notice how he goes from barely one arm to complete regeneration before the guy on the toilet can pull his pants back on. It also states that Lobo's healing is basically against the laws of science:

No Caption Provided

Also, Eragon can always use healing spells, and Aquaman's water-hand has great healing capabilities:

5. To use telepathy on Monica you have to have time to think, time to sense her, get past the Violet Ring, and then get past Bedlam and Storm (she's shown using her powers to block psionic powers before)

Already proved that speed is not a factor here, and if it is then it's in my favor.

Also, I have told you just what Eragon packs with telepathy. What can Bedlam and Storm do exactly? Also, I have Aquaman:

1. Mind-raping a White Martian, giving him a seizure:

No Caption Provided

2. Aquaman unleashes a telepathic attack that is felt by any and all marine life under the ocean all over the world:

No Caption Provided

3. His water-hand increases his telepathic capabilities even further:

No Caption Provided

6. Monica manipulated magic. Unless you think a light show or a painting of said symbols with no power behind them would stop Shuma-Gorath and his minions. She used light to emulate magic's effects and protected her team. She's also gone intangible to magic. Zeus's.

She most certainly did not manipulate magic.

Here's the scan, took me a bit finding it on the interwebz since as I said I don't have the issue (namely Mighty Avengers #3, it was a good one) at the moment:

No Caption Provided

Now, you can argue that Blade referred to that as magic, but Monica clearly says that she is MANIPULATING HER LIGHT FORM TO COPY THE SYMBOLS.

Also, SpOck clearly refers to it as a superficial imitation.

So now it is established: Spectrum CANNOT manipulate magic.

And going intangible to avoid Zeus's magic means nothing. I assume it was magic lightning (as Zeus would logically use)? The difference is, Eragon isn't firing magical energy at her. He is using magic to control her "body".

7. You say Eragon's good at controlling light, but has he ever controlled living light? Does he have subatomic feats like Monica does? Has he choked people with their own energy like she has? Can he see her when she's invisible and moving far too fast for him? These are questions for him. Also the question if you think Eragon's better at magic than Shuma-Gorath since he did no such thing to her.

I don't think I see your point in this argument. Eragon controls light. Monica is light. Eragon controls Monica. Simple as that. And repeating what I said earlier: Just like Brom has taught Eragon, a true master of magic could say a single word and create any effect he desires without having to spell the whole thing out. Luckily, Eragon IS a master. So if a true master could say "water" and affect something completely unrelated like a gemstone, Eragon can say "light" and affect something very related like "living light", as you put it, which shouldn't be any different than regular light to begin with.

He doesn't need subatomic feats or anything like that, I don't know why you even brought that up.

As for being invisible-I countered that already, as well as establishing that she is not faster than him, and that if anyone's faster than anyone here it's Eragon.

And Shuma didn't try to use magic on her. Don't know why you brought that up too.

Your strategy? Nope!

1. Instantly your rings get lifted by Bedlam's TK, Monet's TK, Vixen's TK (courtesy of Grodd) and Storm's wind

2. At the same time, Storm traps you all into wind tunnels/tornadoes to hold and suffocate you.

3. Then she uses lightning to paralyze you and take you out of the fight quickly. Meanwhile, Vixen and Bedlam attack you with TP, blocking your magic/messing with your magic as they take you down mentally.

4. Even your shields will fail if there is any air in the vicinity since Storm can control it, and Aquaman and Eragon will get dehydrated as well. Lobo can get BFR'd with the winds if he's providing too much energy (Storm can see in energy).

5. There's also the question on if Eragon's wards can take a constant barrage of Hurricane+ level wins (above nukes), blasts from the Violet Ring, Bedlam's TK, and countless Lightning strikes that hurt people above nuke level durability. And this is happening rapidly per second, likely before Eragon can properly react.

6. Monica blitzes you at the very start in neutrinos form and does the electricity brain thing. It's too fast for you to do much since you can't see her, she can go intangible through your shields, and can shrink to subatomic levels (which she would have to do to get properly in your brains. Shrink, not subatomically necessarily).

7. And then there's the whole Violet Ring's containment field thing that was used on Sinestro and Lobo. It held them for a long enough time for us to take you down, take your rings, and for Monica to blitz/electrify you into unconsciousness if the first few attacks don't work.

8. So before the first second is up (with the speed amp everyone gets), your rings are gone and you're depowered. TP has messed with your minds/hope/magic and you're being suffocated and hit with powerful attacks from all angles. From Monica to Storm to TK, and so on.

9. We win due to the speed and effectiveness of the onslaught that essentially counters your defenses in every way.

1. Against the rules. Sorry.

2. Those won't get past Eragon's unbreakable wards.

3. Lightning won't get past Eragon's wards. Also, proof that Bedlam and Vixen have the telepathic capability to take on Eragon and Aquaman? Not to mention Lobo is immune to telepathy, since heavy metal music is playing in his head 24/7. I'm dead serious. Other than that, I didn't mention that telepathy is actually part of Eragon's magic. He can channel spells through telepathic contact, just like the empathy spell that gave him the win over Galbatorix, so good luck with that.

4. Will get to that soon.

5. Absolutely yes. The energy Lobo provides his spells is enough to take punches from Superman and a direct hit from his heat vision (which is hotter than science can measure), not to mention his healing + Aquaman healing him would make sure the energy he can spare is endless. Nothing is getting past those shields. And I don't know what you're talking about, hurricanes are not even remotely close to nukes. Even the worst of hurricanes like Katrina which demolished New Orleans isn't remotely close to a nuke. And good luck BFR'ing Lobo with winds, he's outraced a supernova on his Space Hog.

6. I already established that Monica isn't even a minor threat, due to my team being automatically FTL, and also there's telepathy. If she goes sub-atomic that's all the better for Eragon, since controlling/manipulating a lesser amount of energy would cost him a lesser amount of energy. It is even stated in the quotes from my first post that Eragon has excelled at judging almost exactly how much power he'd need to control various forms of energy. Also, Lobo can tag intangible people as you've seen, and can withstand anything she does to him.

7. Nothing to suggest that your team will be proficient with the ring enough to do that.

8+9. Countered all that.

I have elaborated on how I would drop Spectrum... but what about the rest? Well...

1. Vixen, Monet and Bedlam:

First of all I find that offensive that you compared Vixen to Beast Boy while she's clearly a lot more similar to (the way more epic than Beast Boy) Animal Man.

Now, the only threat I see from them is TP or TK. But how proficient are they exactly with those powers? If they try to engage Eragon and his Eldunarya or Aquaman telepathically she'll find a nasty surprise in store for her unless you can provide the feats to prove otherwise. You compare their telepathy to that of Xavier's but that is quite the bold statement and you haven't quite backed it up yet. Not to mention that Xavier himself was disallowed for 2 points (and TNBB who's the host of this tourney was the one who wanted to use it in the first place), so...

As for telekinesis, removing our rings is against the rules. Also nothing to prove you'll get past Eragon's defenses.

2. Storm:

Storm is versatile, but not enough. Creating storms will just make Aquaman's homefield advantage that much bigger. The rain would just give him more water to manipulate. Hurricanes are most definitely not more powerful than nukes. She can be engaged with telepathy, and I assume Aquaman alone could beat her in that field. Also, as I said, Lobo on his Space Hog can outrace supernovas:

No Caption Provided

CHUMBAWUMBA!!!!!!!!!!!!

As you can see, in the first panel he was only a few meters from the planet who was already about to explode, and in the second panel he's already well away from it.

So he can ride against whatever she unleashes at him, get to her and blitz her with punches that can turn Superman's face into a bloody mess.

Also, there's Aquaman. He can go underwater (as he's flooded the planet) and swim at amazing speeds (and he can go deep enough so he won't feel the winds):

Swims at 20k FPS:

No Caption Provided

Well he was hurt by the pressures, but he doesn't necessarily have to go THAT deep to avoid feeling the winds. He is also capable of calming the water so Storm's winds won't create tidal waves and such to slow him down in the first place. He also doesn't have to swim THAT fast. He can also be healed even if he is hurt. Not to mention that this is actually him jobbing since he took hits from Wonder Woman without bleeding that much.

Then he will leap from the water at her with his trident:

His trident hurt Darkseid:

Also he has the base strength to harm Superman even without the ring:

No Caption Provided

That should effectively drop her.

So in fact anyone on my team can deal with Storm.

Summary:

• Eragon is the most proficient Lantern here. His link to the color of hope and his ability to instill great hope in others will make him a Blue Lantern to remember. The base speeds of everybody here is FTL, which nullifies your speed advantage right off the bat, but if anything then Eragon would be the fastest since he is the most proficient Lantern.
  • Eragon will create wards to protect my whole team. Drawing upon Lobo, he has a neverending source of energy.
  • Eragon can control the light that Spectrum will turn into, as he excels at energy manipulation. Spectrum is also susceptible to telepathy by Eragon and Aquaman, even if she's invisible/intangible. Eragon can also locate her with his mind if she's invisible. Spectrum has nothing to do against that since as I proved-she's not capable of manipulating magic.
  • Aquaman flooding the planet means he has a homefield advantage.
  • Storm can be taken out by anyone on my team, with different methods-both physically and telepathically, and her damage output isn't near enough to exhaust Lobo, especially since he heals, and can be healed even faster thanks to Aquaman and Eragon.
  • Vixen, Monet and Bedlam don't have feats to suggest they can tangle with Eragon and Aquaman telepathically, or at least you didn't post them. So please do.
  • Using telekinesis to strip my team of their rings is against the rules.

"But we die hard..."

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DarkRaiden

@the_red_viper:

Flaws/Your Side

1. Rings literally have to do with speed. If someone can grab your hand and take a ring off of it, and they're nowhere near lightspeed then you can't claim FTL reaction speeds on average. And that Batman one is fine, you can say it's skill (even though a FTL reaction speed person would see Bats doing it in slow motion), but Slade's weren't skill. Just pure speed/beatdown.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img512/4844/aquamanvsdeathstroke057wg.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/DeathTerm-13-15.jpg

---

https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/deathstrokejla12.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/72524/2451486-deathstroke_vs_kyle.jpg

---

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/Green_Lantern_1993-42-08.jpg

Then there's the times they get hit by the likes of Wonder Woman who aren't quite FTL or Aquaman who's not even mach speeds or Dr. Polaris and so on and so on. On average, Lanterns don't have automatic FTL reaction speeds. It's something they have to activate.

2. The ring is an amp. And I've never seen GLs do anything of note vs. Cyborg Superman or Superboy Prime tbh. And again, as said before it's an activated speed amp, not something that's naturally there. Scans prove it, nearly all of GL's fights prove it. So maybe the first thing in this battle, we all activate the amp, but Monica's still the fastest and still reaches you before the thought reaches your mind.

3. Light is the literal opposite of invisible. It shines in our face and when it's gone we notice. That is visible in all ways. Eragon's only shown controlling visible light. Monica will be invisible in every way as neutrinos. And controlling light doesn't allow Eragon to control Monica as neutrinos. So it's irrelevant.

Also Eragon doesn't know about Monica's abilities so he has no reason to go right to light.

4. That telepathy thing is far too slow to reach Monica before she's in your head. Also she's a lot smaller than rabbits by this time and is a lot faster. I don't see it working. And then there's Bedlam and Vixen and the rest of my team blocking it

5. Lobo has had troubles with intangibility too though

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/102593/2795521-rih6p09.jpg

Look at the bottom left hand panel. Zatanna uses phantom form, Lobo can't hit her.

6. Saint Walker himself said, as he gave the ring to Hal, "I'm not sure if you have great hope" the rest of the sentence is irrelevant (trying to help him fight off red ring infection). Notice he said HAVE great hope, not instill. I think he'd know better than you.

As for my team, Violet's just love. Which is vague and easy.

A. Storm loves the earth, nature, etc. And has loved and lost with BP, Gambit, Wolverine, etc.

B. Vixen loves freedom, animals, etc. Has had relationships in the past and lost love whether it be family or other things

C. Monet has had love for Darwin and Synch and even lost Synch to death.

D. Bedlam loves learning new things. Others have used it just by channeling their love for their friends and other weaker concepts so it should work.

Lobo doesn't qualify, Aquaman doesn't, Eragon doesn't either.

Relevant:

from the wiki: "The power ring of a Blue Lantern has only one known weakness. Without a Green Lantern power ring nearby, the user can only fly and have a protective aura and cannot access the full power of the blue power ring."

---

Saint Walker discussing that he always HAS hope

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/28028/790328-hope.jpg

---

Blue Rings don't work without a GL

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090415063024/marvel_dc/images/archive/a/a4/20130812114503!Blue_Green_Lantern.JPG

7. Lobo doesn't have the durability/life force to fend off that many attacks at once. Can he survive a slew of lightning strikes that have hurt the likes of Hulk, Silver Surfer, Stardust, overloaded Sebastian Shaw, etc.? Yes due to his healing, but it will reduce him to nothing after awhile. In this case, that means your wards don't hold and you suffer the same treatment. What about constant winds that are able to overpower Hulk, Gladiator, Phoenix and the like? Same thing. And Tk that overpowers Juggernaut and such? Again. Eragon and your team get reduced to nothing.

8. Storm and Bedlam have TP protection/TP that works against Professor X level beings aka above Aquaman and Eragon's paygrade.

Lightning field that scrambles TP:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111122629/3387406-9201532887-fight.jpg

--

Bedlam stops Professor X's mental assault:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111122629/3925836-8304776958-bedla.jpg

--

9. Blade (the one with magical knowledge) refers to it Monica's actions as magic. SpOck knows nothing of magic and Blade lets him know. Then it works. There's no way possible that's not magic. As for Eragon, he won't be able to control her body. He lacks feats, and she can change forms within nanoseconds. So he may be saying 'light' but she's now lightning and taking him out. Or she's heat. Or she's neutrinos. Or she's X-rays, etc.

My Side

2. Storm's creating the winds inside of the your wards. They won't protect you. You'll be suffocated, beaten, and frozen within the second.

3. Proof? Vixen has copied Gorilla Grodd who's far better than Etrigan or Aquaman. And Bedlam beat Professor X and controlled Thor who has far better TP defense feats than anyone on your team. She also affected Juggernaut through his psychic proof helmet.

5. You're very wrong about hurricanes and nukes. I said energy for a reason. Check here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orders_of_magnitude_%28energy%29

Average energy for a hurricane is over 10x that of Hiroshima. Taking punches from Superman is fine, but it's not the same as 100 hundred strikes on top of hurricane+ level winds. The energy would be higher on my attacks, add in the TK, and your team is taken out.

6. Your team isn't FTL. Lanterns are not automatically FTL and get beat and hit by people far slower than light way more than they have FTL feats. That is a fact. Add in that Blue Lanterns can't even use their powers without a Green Lantern (besides aura and flight) and you get nothing. Then the amp factor, then Monica is 100% invisible. And Eragon needs subatomic sensing feats to even attempt to control Monica. Also multi-tasking to hold up the wards, hold against our TP, AND try to use TP to sense/attack Monica.

7. We have 6 months of training. Of course we'll be good enough to do that simple move.

Vixen, Bedlam, Storm

1. Vixen has as great mastery with the powers as who she copies them from. She beat Grodd with his own powers. if you want scans of Grodd's feats, I can provide them.

2. Bedlam beat Professor X, her TK separated an amped Juggs and tossed Thor

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/33916/1049072-thor_519_017_22.jpg

---

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111122629/3925840-7215722599-bedla.jpg

3. Aquaman can't touch Storm in any way. Her TP defense is so far above his paygrade it's not funny.

Her mind Accidentally hurts Xavier:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111122629/3387407-2191686500-fight.jpg

---

She resists mind control that caught rachel summers:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111122629/3387408-0167099577-willa.jpg

---

Young storm beats shadow king:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111122629/3387409-3737712627-beats.jpg

---

Her electricity blocks tp:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30174/639380-xxm9pg11ab9.jpg

--

Takes out phoenix via suffocation:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30174/680592-10454180oo9.jpg

---

Uninvited tp in storm's mind gets shocked:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/41801/843214-stormvsbogan20lj.jpg

----

Resists combined psychich might of professor x, oracle, jean, and psylocke:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30174/748588-ux277.jpg

That's Jean Grey, Rachel Summers, Professor X, Shadow King, Phoenix herself, etc. Storm's resistance is too good for Aquaman to stand a chance.

Also I NEVER said Storm would be bringing rain. So no advantage to Aquaman. Just wind and lightning. Aquaman will be suffocated and dehydrated in seconds (shown by Phoenix above, shown by scans below).

nearly kills magneto with a blizzard:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FPo2TQwnvkI/Ti4DbTqCTfI/AAAAAAAAB7g/iON8FYmBebk/s400/x112%2Bstorm.jpg

---

flash freezes area:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/30174/747156-bs.jpg

---

Flashfreeze baroness:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30174/2501480-1447410_scan0022_super.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30174/2501482-1447411_scan0023_super.jpg

---

Flash freezing:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/4762/1082337-haltingandflashfreezing.jpg

---

Flash Freezing 2:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/4762/1077168-frozencolossus8kl.jpg

---

dehydrates magneto:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/40042/3399124-drawing+humidity+from+the+air+to+weaken+magneto+0.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/40042/3399123-drawing+humidity+from+the+air+to+weaken+magneto+1.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/40042/3399121-drawing+humidity+from+the+air+to+weaken+magneto+2.jpg

As you can see, Storm's powers work on and inside your person. your wards won't help you. Add on TP attacks, Tk attacks, and Monica speedblitzing and you get attacked from all angles and lose horribly.

Oh and as for Lobo's bike, that's ok, the issue is that Lobo will be in a constant tornado that's BFRing him from the battle. This is just so Eragon has no power source (not that it was enough) and goes down quicker. To ultimately put Lobo down, paralysis, TK, and/or flash freeze will do.

Summary

1. Lanterns are not all FTL in reaction speeds, Monica blitzes and takes your team down in the first nanosecond

2. Monica's invisible so her blitz works even better and faster than anyone on your team can even think. She can also imitate/control your magic and can take different forms too fast for you to even try to control her.

3. Your team doesn't fit your rings (need to have hope)and the rings themselves are useless without the GL rings to back them up

4. No defense against a TP assault of people who can match Professor X and MMH at times

5. No defense for Bedlam's TK, Monet's TK and physical assault, Lightning, Hurricane winds, etc. Your wards will be drained and go down as Lobo doesn't have enough energy to allow you tank all of those attacks at once

6. Lobo gets BFR'd by wind to further take away the energy

7. Storm attacks you inside of your defenses with wind, dehydration, flash freeze, etc.

8. You go down to a combined mental, physical, speed, lightning, wind, freeze, dehydration, etc. attack that bypasses your defenses, overloads your defenses, and are too fast for you to react to.

9. Thus we win.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@darkraiden:

Counters to your counters:

1. Rings literally have to do with speed. If someone can grab your hand and take a ring off of it, and they're nowhere near lightspeed then you can't claim FTL reaction speeds on average. And that Batman one is fine, you can say it's skill (even though a FTL reaction speed person would see Bats doing it in slow motion), but Slade's weren't skill. Just pure speed/beatdown.

2. The ring is an amp. And I've never seen GLs do anything of note vs. Cyborg Superman or Superboy Prime tbh. And again, as said before it's an activated speed amp, not something that's naturally there. Scans prove it, nearly all of GL's fights prove it. So maybe the first thing in this battle, we all activate the amp, but Monica's still the fastest and still reaches you before the thought reaches your mind.

No FTL would have seen Batman doing it. That's skill-taking off his ring without him feeling it. It requires skill and sleight of hand. The only thing to counter a pickpocket is super-senses.

And are you really taking Deathstroke as a measuring stick? This guy is more PIS than Batman. Especially in Identity Crisis where he broke Kyle's wrist and impaled The Flash by putting a sword in front of him. Then he was mauled by Green Arrow. Logic.

Also him hurting Hal with a kick or with his staff is absurd considering the guy was punched through planets with the only response being "oh wow, that guy punched me through a planet". And hitting Hal mid-flight by throwing a gas canister at him is so PIS I'm not even gonna address that. You using PIS showings of Deathstroke doesn't help your case.

A more consistent fact would be that meta-humans that were given power rings (like Black Lantern Superman, Red Lantern Supergirl, Blue Lantern Flash, Yellow Lantern SB Prime/Cyborg Superman) always show the exact same speeds as humans with power rings (or aliens with human level speeds like Sinestro or Sodam).

But you know what, let's say you're right and it's just an amp, and Spectrum is still faster:

She obviously is lightspeed due to actually being light, but is there anything to suggest that her reaction speed is faster than human (as in, her mind can receive information, process it and react properly in great enough speeds)? Because Eragon's clearly is, as seen in the quote where he casts 2 spells in the fraction of a second between an explosion being triggered and actually going off. He also consistently fights elves (who move at blur speeds) and casually beats them.

Examples:

1. Eragon spars against the elf Vanir. The speed they were moving at created gusts of wind that were powerful enough to shake nearby trees:

He charged Vanir, and the field rang with a furious din as they strove against each other, raging back and forth upon the trampled grass. The force of their blows created gusts of wind that whipped their hair into tangled disarray. Overhead, the trees shook and dropped their needles.

2. Moves at speeds faster than the eye could see:

Eragon glowered at him, then, faster than the eye could see, snatched the bread away from Roran.

3. After Eragon was amped by the magic in the Blood-Oath celebration, elves seemed to move slow to him. It's even stated that Vanir looks like he was reduced to human level, which means he is above human to begin with. Eragon beat him (they sparred many times, this isn't the same instance that I mentioned earlier, and Eragon always won). It is stated that he now matches even the most athletic elf:

This time it was Vanir who initiated the fight. In a single bound, he crossed the distance between them and thrust his blade toward Eragon's right shoulder. To Eragon, it seemed as if the elf moved slower than usual, as if Vanir's reflexes had been reduced to the level of a human's. It was easy for Eragon to deflect Vanir's sword, blue sparks flying from the metal as their blades grated against one another.

Vanir landed with an astonished expression. He struck again, and Eragon evaded the sword by leaning back, like a tree swaying in the wind. In quick succession, Vanir rained a score of heavy blows upon Eragon, each of which Eragon dodged or blocked, using Zar'roc's sheath as often as the sword to foil Vanir's onslaught.

Eragon soon realized that the spectral dragon from the Agaeti Blodhren had done more than alter his appearance; it had also granted him the elves' physical abilities. In strength and speed, Eragon now matched even the most athletic elf.

4. Eragon, in the first book (before the Blood-Oath Celebration, when he was still just at human level) duels with Arya. She is stated to move at blur speeds and Eragon still reacts to her. He was also weakened and wearied from an intense use of magic right before the duel:

He moved forward cautiously. With a blur of motion Arya jumped at him, slashing at his ribs. Eragon reflexively parried the attack, and their swords met in a shower of sparks. Zar'roc was bated aside as if it were no more than a fly. The elf did not take advantage of the opening, however, but spun to her right, hair whipping through the air, and struck at his other side. He barely stopped the blow and backpedaled frantically, stunned by her ferocity and speed.

Also Aquaman has nice reaction speeds, might as well toss it in here:

1. Reacts and dodges Despero's heat-vision from point blank:

No Caption Provided

2. Dodges Garth's heat-vision:

No Caption Provided

So, the question is how fast are Spectrum's reactions/reflexes? Since if she isn't on par with Eragon (which I guess she isn't), then before "activating the amp" (which Eragon will activate first), he can already read her mind and know about her powers, so he could use the light manipulation to stop her. Not to mention he can kill her with telepathy right off the bat, which would probably be what he'd do in the first place. As I said, he can channel spells through telepathic connection. Example:

Du Vrangr Gata found the first enemy spellcaster. The instant he was alerted, Eragon reached out to the woman who made the discovery, and from there to the foe she grappled with. Bringing the full power of his will to bear, Eragon demolished the magician's resistance, took control of his consciousness----doing his best to ignore the man's terror----determined which troops the man was guarding, and slew the man with one of the twelve words of death. Without pause, Eragon located the minds of each of the now-unprotected soldiers and killed them as well.

As you can see, a fellow magician has located a spellcaster with her mind. Eragon used her mind to channel him to the enemy spellcaster's mind, and his mind to channel him to the minds of the troops he was protecting. Then he used the Death-Words to kill them, through telepathy.

The rabbits are another example, and his empathy spell too. Eragon does it quite a lot, in fact. So what he will most likely do is actually demolishing Spectrum with magic through her mind. If that fails by some godly interference then he can still use his energy manipulation as plan-B. Same goes for the rest of your team-Eragon can channel spells at all of them via telepathy and kill them. Everything else (like Aquaman or Lobo charging at Storm) is nothing but a plan-B.

3. Light is the literal opposite of invisible. It shines in our face and when it's gone we notice. That is visible in all ways. Eragon's only shown controlling visible light. Monica will be invisible in every way as neutrinos. And controlling light doesn't allow Eragon to control Monica as neutrinos. So it's irrelevant.

Also Eragon doesn't know about Monica's abilities so he has no reason to go right to light.

Not true. Everything you see around you is actually reflecting certain wavelengths of light, and "swallows" the rest (which causes color distinction). The reflected light goes into your pupils which allows you to see. When there's no light (darkness) there's nothing to reflect, thus you can't see.

(I am not sure this is entirely how that works, been a few years since I learned it at school).

Regardless, last time I checked she was pretty visible as neutrinos as well. First scan is her in light form, second is her inside Shuma's brain doing the electricity schtick you're talking about. She's very visible in both.

And yes, Eragon will know of her abilities since he read her mind.

4. That telepathy thing is far too slow to reach Monica before she's in your head. Also she's a lot smaller than rabbits by this time and is a lot faster. I don't see it working. And then there's Bedlam and Vixen and the rest of my team blocking it

Again, proof that Spectrum has FTL reactions? Actually, in Mighty Avengers #2, Monica failed to outmaneuver Proxima's spear. The way I see it, and you haven't proved otherwise-Spectrum's reactions are not as fast as Eragon's, let alone Lobo's, to begin with. So he will kill her with magic via telepathy before she reacts.

Anyone who tries to block Eragon's telepathy will be killed with magic as well. It doesn't matter if their telepathy is stronger than his. Galbatorix and his Eldunarya were more powerful than Eragon and his own Eldunarya and were about to subdue them with telepathy when Eragon unleashed the empathy spell.

Here it is BTW:

Eragon cried out, and in his desperation he reached for Saphira and the Eldunari----their minds beseiged by the crazed dragons of Galbatorix's command----and without intending to, he drew from their stores of energy.

And with that energy, he cast a spell.

It was a spell without words, for Galbatorix's magic would not allow otherwise, and no words could have described what Eragon wanted, nor what he felt. A library of books would have been insufficient to the task. His was a spell of instinct and emotion; language could not contain it.

What he wanted was both simple and complex: he wanted Galbatorix to understand . . . to understand the wrongness of his actions. If Eragon was going to spend the rest of his life as a slave to the king, then he wanted Galbatorix to comprehend what he had done, fully and completely.

As the magic took effect, Eragon felt Umaroth and the Eldunari turn their attention to his spell, fighting to ignore Galbatorix's dragons. A hundred years of inconsolable grief and anger welled up with the Eldunari, like a roaring wave, and the dragons melded their minds with Eragon's and began to alter the spell, deepening it, widening it, and building upon it until it encompassed far more than he originally intended.

Not only would the spell show Galbatorix the wrongness of his actions; now it would also compel him to experience all the feelings, both good and bad, that he had aroused in others since the day he had been born. The spell was beyond any Eragon could have invented on his own, for it contained more than a single person, or a single dragon, could conceive of. Each Eldunari contributed to the enchantment, and the sum of their contribution was a spell that extended not only across the whole of Alagaesia but also back through every moment in time between then and Galbatorix's birth.

It was, Eragon thought, the greatest piece of magic the dragons had ever wrought, and he was their instrument; he was their weapon.

The power of the Eldunari rushed through him, like a river as wide as an ocean, and he felt a hollow and fragile vessel, as if his skin might tear with the force of the torrent he channeled. If not for Saphira and the other dragons, he would have died in an instant, drained of all strength by the voracious demands of the magic.

The lines of Galbatorix's face deepened, and his eyes began to bulge from their sockets. "What have you done?" he said, his voice hollow and strained. He stepped back and put his fists to his temples. "What have you done!"

With an effort, Eragon said, "Made you understand."

As you can see, Eragon and his Eldunarya were telepathically besieged by Galbatorix and his own Eldunarya. Being a more powerful telepath than Eragon doesn't mean he can't one-shot you with magic. The fate of anyone who tries to link his mind to Eragon's is death.

Also, I haven't mentioned Lobo yet, who has FTL reaction and combat speeds as a standard (which allow him to blitz Superman) so he could simply charge and pretty much solo your team right off the bat even before Eragon or Spectrum or anybody else here can realize. But that's not really fun now is it?

5. Lobo has had troubles with intangibility too though

Yes but that was Zatanna. Magic has its own rules. Zee is arguably a very powerful reality warper.

6. Saint Walker himself said, as he gave the ring to Hal, "I'm not sure if you have great hope" the rest of the sentence is irrelevant (trying to help him fight off red ring infection). Notice he said HAVE great hope, not instill. I think he'd know better than you.

Yes, but the ring knows better than Saint Walker. And the ring chose him as the most fitting for the Blue Corps out of his entire sector since he has the ability to instill great hope. Doesn't matter what's Saint Walker's criteria to choose a Blue Lantern, it's the ring's criteria that matters.

As for my team, Violet's just love. Which is vague and easy.

A. Storm loves the earth, nature, etc. And has loved and lost with BP, Gambit, Wolverine, etc.

B. Vixen loves freedom, animals, etc. Has had relationships in the past and lost love whether it be family or other things

C. Monet has had love for Darwin and Synch and even lost Synch to death.

D. Bedlam loves learning new things. Others have used it just by channeling their love for their friends and other weaker concepts so it should work.

Lobo doesn't qualify, Aquaman doesn't, Eragon doesn't either.

Vague and easy? By that logic so is willpower, yet only a select few were chosen for the GL Corps. Everybody loves SOMETHING. Superman loves Lois Lane. Why is he not a Violet Lantern? Aquaman loves Mera and the ocean. Why is he not a Violet Lantern?

If we go by your logic then everybody has hope for something. Eragon hopes to beat Galbatorix and he hopes to have a relationship with Arya and whatnot. Aquaman hopes to make Atlantis thrive and stuff and Lobo hopes to fulfill all his bounties. And still Eragon is the most capable lantern due to having the ability to instill great hope in addition to hoping for something.

Also, true love is rare, and hard to get. It is by no means whatsoever "vague and easy". By your logic, anyone in the universe would qualify for any Lantern Corps.

from the wiki: "The power ring of a Blue Lantern has only one known weakness. Without a Green Lantern power ring nearby, the user can only fly and have a protective aura and cannot access the full power of the blue power ring."

That's exactly why I wasn't relying on constructs and energy blasts in this fight. I don't need anything the ring offers other than flight and protection.

7. Lobo doesn't have the durability/life force to fend off that many attacks at once. Can he survive a slew of lightning strikes that have hurt the likes of Hulk, Silver Surfer, Stardust, overloaded Sebastian Shaw, etc.? Yes due to his healing, but it will reduce him to nothing after awhile. In this case, that means your wards don't hold and you suffer the same treatment. What about constant winds that are able to overpower Hulk, Gladiator, Phoenix and the like? Same thing. And Tk that overpowers Juggernaut and such? Again. Eragon and your team get reduced to nothing.

Lobo can laugh off punches and heat-vision from Superman and punch his face into a bloody mess. He can keep fighting after being skeletonized and can regenerate from almost nothing in the few seconds that takes a man to pull his pants up (after they were more than halfway up if I might add). So being "reduced to nothing", which will absolutely not happen, doesn't really limit him actually. Also, Aquaman can constantly heal him with his water-hand. There's no way for you to keep Lobo down and therefore there's no way for you to take the wards down.

Also, can Storm react faster than Lobo or even Eragon? No? Thought so. She'd be mindraped in a second, and if that somehow fails she will be blitzed.

8. Storm and Bedlam have TP protection/TP that works against Professor X level beings aka above Aquaman and Eragon's paygrade.

You probably missed the part where that level of TP is disallowed for 2-point characters. So unless you wanna nerf your TP (which would put you at the level of Eragon and Aquaman, probably lower than that), you can't use it.

Besides it still doesn't keep Eragon from channeling magic through his mind, and as I proved, even if the opposing telepath is stronger than Eragon it doesn't keep him from using magic.

Also, I think you're forgetting that Eragon has nearly 550 Eldunarya. Each of those has the individual, independent mind of a dragon. Which means There are almost 550 minds that Bedlam/Storm/Vixen need to fight. Very different than fending off just one telepath. It's like a martial artist VS 550 thugs. One on one the martial artist would tear any of them apart, but all of them together? Well... no. And all those minds will fight back, many of which have centuries worth of experience. So that's not like subduing people who can't fight back.

By the way, the scans in those links are too small. Can you re-send them please? Maybe from another source?

9. Blade (the one with magical knowledge) refers to it Monica's actions as magic. SpOck knows nothing of magic and Blade lets him know. Then it works. There's no way possible that's not magic. As for Eragon, he won't be able to control her body. He lacks feats, and she can change forms within nanoseconds. So he may be saying 'light' but she's now lightning and taking him out. Or she's heat. Or she's neutrinos. Or she's X-rays, etc.

• Monica herself admitted that she was SHAPING HER LIGHT FORM. I think she would know what she's doing better than Blade.
  • Blade never referred to it as magic. All he said was that she BELIEVED it was magic and therefore it worked.
  • Spectrum herself stated she had no idea what she was doing.
  • All she actually did was manipulating light to show those symbols. Which seemed to repel Shuma's *mindless* minions (key word being "mindless") Which was all she was really trying to do there. She only fooled some mindless zombies into thinking that the symbols she was shaping with LIGHT were magic.

Also, Spectrum can't change shapes if Eragon is controlling her. Regardless he can just say "letta" (stop) and no matter what form she's in-she'll stop. Example:

"Letta!" Eragon shouted, and with a jolt, he stopped dead in the air, no more than ten feet above the ground.

And proof of the nanosecond-reactions you're claiming? Not that any of this matters coz telepathy and magic and stuff.

Counters to your strategy:

2. Storm's creating the winds inside of the your wards. They won't protect you. You'll be suffocated, beaten, and frozen within the second.

Anywho, the wards aren't like Sue Storm's force-fields or anything. They're more like GL's auto-shields. They just block off damage. You can still touch Eragon with wards on, but not harm him. Therefore there isn't such a thing as "creating winds inside his wards".

3. Proof? Vixen has copied Gorilla Grodd who's far better than Etrigan or Aquaman. And Bedlam beat Professor X and controlled Thor who has far better TP defense feats than anyone on your team. She also affected Juggernaut through his psychic proof helmet.

Again I'll mention Eragon doesn't have to be a better telepath than anyone on your team. All he needs is a telepathic link.

5. You're very wrong about hurricanes and nukes. I said energy for a reason. Check here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orders_of_magnitude_%28energy%29

Average energy for a hurricane is over 10x that of Hiroshima. Taking punches from Superman is fine, but it's not the same as 100 hundred strikes on top of hurricane+ level winds. The energy would be higher on my attacks, add in the TK, and your team is taken out.

Doesn't matter how much energy is used, it matters how much damage it deals. And hurricanes aren't as destructive as nukes. And I would know, my father lives in Florida.

Superman's heat vision is beyond anything science could measure:

No Caption Provided

Which means it's beyond anything in that chart you sent me. And Lobo laughed it off. And to be honest your hurricanes (10^14 joules) are far below the highest measured magnitude in the chart (estimated total mass-energy of the observable universe: 10^69 (giggity) joules). And Superman's heat-vision is above THAT. So Storm's hurricanes won't even scratch the surface of Eragon's wards which are powered by the guy who laughed off Superman's heat-vision. Add to that his insane healing factor and Aquaman's healing and there's no way in hell you're dealing enough damage to beat Lobo.

6. Your team isn't FTL. Lanterns are not automatically FTL and get beat and hit by people far slower than light way more than they have FTL feats. That is a fact. Add in that Blue Lanterns can't even use their powers without a Green Lantern (besides aura and flight) and you get nothing. Then the amp factor, then Monica is 100% invisible. And Eragon needs subatomic sensing feats to even attempt to control Monica. Also multi-tasking to hold up the wards, hold against our TP, AND try to use TP to sense/attack Monica.

That is jobbing. Any FTL who was given a power ring (Superman, Flash, Supergirl, SB Prime etc) has shown to be of equal speed as humans with power rings (Hal, John, Kyle, Guy, Lex, Scarecrow, Sinestro, Sodam etc) and that is 100% consistent. Plus you using PIS like Deathstroke throwing a grenade at Hal or breaking Kyle's wrist doesn't support your case. And Blue Lanterns don't have to use any power save what the ring does give them. Then the nonexistent amp which won't come to use to begin with, since both Eragon and Lobo have faster reactions than anyone on your team by a long shot, then Monica never actually being invisible then Eragon doesn't need subatomic feats to sense someone's mind and channel his magic.

And his wards are constantly on, again they aren't like force fields which require constant concentration. Also speaking of multi-tasking, read the quote where Eragon survives the nuke again. He reacted in less than a second and casted 2 different spells (one to drag all of the people in the room to the stone block and the other to protect them).

7. We have 6 months of training. Of course we'll be good enough to do that simple move.

Good enough to contain Lobo especially given the fact that you have no connection whatsoever to your relative emotional spectrum? Not even remotely.

1. Vixen has as great mastery with the powers as who she copies them from. She beat Grodd with his own powers. if you want scans of Grodd's feats, I can provide them.

Again I'll remind you that the last thing you wanna do here is go for telepathy. I'll take the chance to explain that Eragon's telepathy isn't as simple as in comics. It's not only about who can release a more powerful attack with his mind and who can protect his mind against more powerful attacks. His telepathy is a form of art, with its own skills and techniques. Example:

The congregation of priests began to howl and stomp their feet, and Eragon felt their minds clawing at his, like a pack of wolves tearing at a weakened deer. He retreated deep within himself, warding off the attacks with techniques he had been practicing under Glaedr's tutelage.

Again let's take the example of martial artist VS random thug. While the thug can be physically stronger, even by a large margin, it's not a question of who strikes who the hardest-but who has the better technique. And in this case, the martial artist is actually Eragon. So even though the raw power of your telepathy might be above my own team's (arguable since you'd battle almost 550 minds), to an extent that you've gone over the tourney's rules with it-it's still questionable if you'd beat my team's telepathy with sheer power alone, which is unfortunately all you have to offer against Eragon's actual technique (and his Eldunarya's too of course, as Glaedr is the one who taught him much of his telepathic skills, as stated).

2. Bedlam beat Professor X, her TK separated an amped Juggs and tossed Thor

Again I'll remind you of the wards. Your every attempt to counter them was debunked.

That's Jean Grey, Rachel Summers, Professor X, Shadow King, Phoenix herself, etc. Storm's resistance is too good for Aquaman to stand a chance.

I never said Aquaman will try to TP her. I said he will swim to her at super-speed then take her down physically. Or Lobo will.

Also I NEVER said Storm would be bringing rain. So no advantage to Aquaman. Just wind and lightning. Aquaman will be suffocated and dehydrated in seconds (shown by Phoenix above, shown by scans below).

Aquaman doesn't need rain to have homefield advantage as he'll flood the whole planet. Also he doesn't need air (hence he lives underwater) and he can't be dehydrated underwater. Also Storm's dehydration was taking a long time to affect Magneto, and by that time she'll be defeated by either Eragon, Lobo or Aquaman.

Also another good tactic against Storm would be Aquaman summoning sea-monsters to grab her, and drown her/BFR her into the ocean:

Also, since you mentioned multi-tasking earlier, you're stretching it pretty far by saying Storm will use telepathy, create hurricanes, wind tunnels and lightning all at the same time. Anything to back that up? Since I haven't seen her doing any two of the above at the same time as of yet.

As you can see, Storm's powers work on and inside your person. your wards won't help you. Add on TP attacks, Tk attacks, and Monica speedblitzing and you get attacked from all angles and lose horribly.

I don't see how that will get past the wards. I still think you're picturing a Sue-style force field.

Nobody is speedblitzing anybody here except for Lobo. He's the fastest here by reaction/combat speed.

Example:

Catches Superman by surprise with his hooks (and tosses him at superspeed that was felt as, ironically enough, a hurricane or an earthquake). Notice that Lobo called out to him before tossing his hook so you can't say it was a cheap shot:

No Caption Provided

Oh and as for Lobo's bike, that's ok, the issue is that Lobo will be in a constant tornado that's BFRing him from the battle. This is just so Eragon has no power source (not that it was enough) and goes down quicker. To ultimately put Lobo down, paralysis, TK, and/or flash freeze will do.

If Lobo can outrace supernovas, he can ride out of Storm's tornado. His Space Hog can escape black holes too (it is stated that it was already starting to pull him back before he started to move). Pretty big black hole too:

Your summary:

1. Lanterns are not all FTL in reaction speeds, Monica blitzes and takes your team down in the first nanosecond

2. Monica's invisible so her blitz works even better and faster than anyone on your team can even think. She can also imitate/control your magic and can take different forms too fast for you to even try to control her.

3. Your team doesn't fit your rings (need to have hope)and the rings themselves are useless without the GL rings to back them up

4. No defense against a TP assault of people who can match Professor X and MMH at times

5. No defense for Bedlam's TK, Monet's TK and physical assault, Lightning, Hurricane winds, etc. Your wards will be drained and go down as Lobo doesn't have enough energy to allow you tank all of those attacks at once

6. Lobo gets BFR'd by wind to further take away the energy

7. Storm attacks you inside of your defenses with wind, dehydration, flash freeze, etc.

8. You go down to a combined mental, physical, speed, lightning, wind, freeze, dehydration, etc. attack that bypasses your defenses, overloads your defenses, and are too fast for you to react to.

9. Thus we win.

1. Monica's reactions aren't FTL. Lobo's are.

2. Monica can't do any of those things. It's you making up/misinterpreting her feats.

3. My team fits their rings a lot more so than yours. Especially Eragon. And they only need the "default pack" of the blue rings to win this.

4. Telepathy is the last thing you'd wanna go for. Trying to link your mind to Eragon's will result in death via magic. Also, your TP surpasses the rules. Even still, you didn't take into mind that you'll be facing 550 different minds who are all skilled telepaths. And I'm saying skilled since unlike your telepaths, my telepaths actually have technique and skills. It's like one Kingpin VS 550 Daredevils.

5. Lobo does have the ability to take all those attacks at once. What you don't have is the ability to deliver them all at once despite your bold claims. Telepathy being your worst option, and physical attacks not getting past the wards as they're not more powerful than what Lobo can take even without his healing factor and Aquaman's water-hand.

6. Nobody who can resist and escape black holes and supernovas that go "CHUMBAWUMBA" is getting BFR'd by a hurricane.

7. My defenses don't work like that.

8. In anything you mentioned here my team is superior. Speed-Lobo can blitz Superman whereas you lack feats to show the FTL reaction speeds that you claim. You don't even have reaction feats to match Eragon. Mentally-your worst option. Physically-Lobo far outclasses anyone here. Storm's weather stuff-countered by anyone on my team.

9. Thus you lose.

My own Summary-how the fight will go:

The fight will start with my team reacting first-due to better feats of reaction speed (which won't matter since speed is equalized to anyone but Eragon who is the fastest as he is the most proficient with his ring, but still). Eragon can move and react faster than the eye could see, Aquaman casually dodges heat-vision from the likes of Despero and Garth, and Lobo can react fast enough to catch Superman by surprise and punch his face into a bloody mess, whereas your team, including Spectrum, has no reaction feats on that level. Eragon will cast wards on himself, Aquaman and Lobo by drawing upon Lobo's vitality while engaging your team with his mind, along with his Eldunarya and Aquaman (whose telepathy is enhanced by his water hand), while Lobo charges forward on his Space-Hog and starts wreaking havoc on your lines, potentially solo'ing them. At the same time Aquaman will flood the planet with his abilities of hydrokinesis.

My telepaths will find your telepaths trying to fend them off. While your telepaths have more raw power (which exceeds the rules), my own telepaths have the advantages of strength in numbers and superior skill, whereas your telepaths only have raw power and no skill whatsoever. Even if my team's telepathy alone won't prove effective, Eragon will channel spells through his mind to one-shot everyone on your team.

Eragon will also know of your team's abilities since he read their minds. If by some miracle Spectrum survives the telepathy/magic she will be susceptible to Eragon's energy-manipulating magic, at which he excels. If Storm survives the telepathy/magic by some miracle, she will be blitzed by Lobo or defeated by Aquaman, as he can dive, swim toward her at superhuman speeds and lunge up to impale her with his trident. Or alternatively, summon his "friends" to drown her.

Nothing Storm can unleash, nor your team's telekinesis, can get past the wards. The wards draw upon Lobo's vitality. Not only did Lobo endure a lot more than you can deliver, his healing factor will constantly replenish his vitality, as well as Aquaman's amazing healing magic with his water hand.

If you survive long enough to try and trap/BFR Lobo with tornados (won't happen in the first place), you'll be disappointed as he can resist the gravitational pull of a black hole and outrace supernovas with his Space-Hog.

So to wrap this up:

• You can't break and/or bypass my wards.
  • Your team is slower than mine by a fair margin.
  • The most (and maybe only) proficient lantern in this match is Eragon.
  • Lobo can solo via speedblitz.
  • Eragon can solo via telepathy and magic.
  • You lose.
DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper:

Your Side:

1. Hal being hurt by Deathstroke and less than planetary threats isn't new. Deathstroke is one, Batman has punched out a GL, Dr. Polaris (a long time enemy) has hurt them time and time again, Aquaman has, and so on. It just proves my point that GLs need to activate their abilities. The speed argument is the same. You say Deathstroke is PIS both times, but what about Polaris? What about when Orion flew by at speeds not even hinted to be close to lightspeed, blitzed Saint Walker and took his ring (that he couldn't use because he lost hope)? What about that random time dude flew by and stole a lantern's ring and wasn't moving lightspeed at all? Lanterns tend not to react at lightspeed more times than not. That's a fact.

2. I'm sorry, what? Did you ask if Spectrum has better reactions than a human and Aquaman? Do you know anything about Spectrum? Regardless, here's a few of her speed/reaction feats.

speed of light blitz:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/4/49974/3243353-photonbp1.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/4/49974/3243354-photonbp2.jpg
---

Still moving fast with time stopped

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/125228/3903541-timeman.jpg

---

travels through space in many different forms in nanosecond:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/8/85380/1791155-lightspeedy_1_.jpg

---

from moon to earth in seconds, subatomic control:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/0/5302/600441-photonavengersv127309.jpg

---

Moving while others are frozen in an impeccably small fraction of a second

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/5302/932692-pulsar_photon_speedfeatxo9_super.jpg

---

barely a microsecond enter a machine, do some funky stuff, and exit

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/5302/932691-pulsar_photon_mvmlm0_super.jpg

---

only Avenger to react to Zeus's attack

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/5302/932722-pulsar_photon_mvmlm0_super.jpg

---

outreacts quicksilver:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/49974/3243352-photon2.jpg

3. Neither of those scans is she in Neutrinos form. This is her in neutrinos form

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/64880/3586717-0422849186-scan0.jpg

---

she can also become invisible by becoming x-rays or manipulating light

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/64880/3586788-6993450395-Inter.jpg

---

invisible in x-ray form

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/64880/3586729-6695399347-aveng.jpg

---

4. That example of Eragon's telepathy is quite useless. It just shows some random guy dying to a spell that made him feel wrongness. Nothing even hints the other guy is stronger and it even states that Eragon had help from those dragons who used 100 years of pent up emotions or w/e. Long story short, that had nothing to do with telepathy. It was a spell. It certainly doesn't mean if you block his telepathy you lose. They'll just turn his mind off. Simple as that.

5. Lobo doesn't have close to FTL reactions or even lightspeed. He's been hit by slow people to often and has 0 feats of blitzing anyone outside that one time he bltized Superman. No different than when Deathstroke outmaneuvered Superman or Shadow Dragon matched his speed, he wasn't moving at full speed. And Lobo's struggled to hit Zatanna before she spoke, he's clearly not even close to FTL.

6. Zatanna used magic, but it was still intangibility. The other example might not even be intangibility since he could touch other people and that's not how intangibility usually works.

7. You can say anyone can be a Lantern, but all Lantern Corps are not created equal. Instilling hope means nothing when using the ring. See when Saint Walker lost the ability to use his ring because he lost hope. And without a GL you can't even use your ring for anything besides flying and a protective aura. So it's useless.

Oh and Blue Lantern Corps. is notorious for having so few members because the process takes forever and is extensive. The people who've used a violet lantern ring were people who didn't have specifically true love or anything. Again, John Stewart used it just because he 'loved' the Green Lanterns and someone else loved being a Green Lantern. I'm not saying it's vague based off of wording, but based on examples.

8. Yes Storm reacts much faster than Lobo and Eragon. She reacts at the speed of thought. And I've already covered that she can't be mindraped.

Creates Monsoon in split second:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30174/747255-undergroundmosoon6lj.jpg

---

Hits Sauron before he can use his hypnotic stare

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30174/747397-ororonew.jpg

---

Beats Phoenix with tornado in a blink of an eye

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30174/747407-xmtdps181si7.jpg

---

less than a conscious thought to use her powers

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/52828/1013442-lessthanacnsciousthoughfo4.jpg

---

uses her lightning to block a lightspeed blast

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11116/111160578/4209559-0180292735-20761.jpg

---

I'm using my level of TP unless told otherwise tbh. And the limits are still enough to beat Aquaman and Eragon.

And I don't see those 550 minds being comparable to Professor X, Psylocke, or Jean Grey. Unless you have feats. And being a better telepath means Eragon gets his mind shut down before he can use magic.

As for the scans, which ones? The Storm TP ones? If so, just check a respect thread, or zoom in. Those the only ones I got and look normal sized to me so I can't exactly get better ones.

9. Spectrum used her light to emulate magic. Blade confirmed it properly emulated magic. Nothing else needs to be said. And yeah I posted her nanosecond reaction feat (which does matter because nanoseconds are far faster than the speed of thought and the time it takes Eragon to try to perform any magic).

My side

1. If the wards are like GL auto-shields (which don't work that well), then I'd need proof they can block suffocation and dehydration as it's not exactly "damage".

2. You're wrong, Superman's heat vision is hotter than we can measure, that just means hotter than the sun. Doesn't mean it has more energy. And energy matters since:

A. The hurricane is concentrated

B. You're using energy to uphold the wards

C. Storm's hurricanes/winds/lightning are stronger than nukes anyways

Lobo's never taken the amount of energy a barrage of constant hurricane+ level winds and lightning from Storm would produce. For example, Storm's lightning hurt and dispersed Stardust, herald of Galactus, a guy who survived an exploding planet. And her winds blocked and deflected Cyclops's mountain busting blast (and overpowered Hulk multiple times).

Her powers are very potent.

stardust example:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/27500/626982-fantastic_four__546___page_8.jpg

---

3. The speed thing, it's not jobbing, it's consistency. Contrary to popular belief, people you named don't have constant FTL reaction speeds consistently and can get hit by slower beings. All the time. And you dont' have close to the reaction speeds of Vixen, Storm, or Monica. (Vixen reacted to a bloodlusted Superman blitz and caught Flash in the air). Less than a second is slow considering the speed of thought can be anywhere from .3 to .01 of a second.

4. Yeah good enough to contain Lobo. 6 Months is plenty of time especially for the likes of Storm, Vixen, and Monet who are very intelligent and practically embody the emotion of the ring (love). The only vague one is Bedlam since Monica can replicate and use emotional spectrum energy despite her emotions.

5. Your analogy of martial artists vs. thug is off and baseless. Professor X and Martian Manhunter are far more skilled than Eragon and both lost to my telepaths. Plus the proper analogy is Superman with black belt training vs. a normal human with several blackbelts. That's the difference in power and skill. And Superman would of course stomp.

6. Aquaman can't swim at Storm. She'd just freeze the water and him with it. Lobo's too busy being subdued by hurricanes and tornadoes and lightning. Less has KO'd him.

7. Storm's dehydration took a long time purposely. The scan even has her told to dehydrate him slowly so he won't notice. And it's a pointless discussion as before he can flood anything he's down via TP, TK, lightning, suffocation, etc. And he does need to breathe, he just breathes underwater as well. Like a fish. Hence Aquaman. And he's frozen the minute he touches water.

8. Hulk, Magneto, Gladiator all have outrun blackholes and such, Storm's winds still trapped them. Lobo will be trapped.

9. New thing, almost forgot, Monica has enough energy to cut and hurt Zeus. She'd easily be enough to overload your wards if she wanted to. She's also used petawatt and exawatt lasers.

Summary of the Fight

1. Monica, having FTL reactions immediately blitzes your team in neutrinos form. She invades their minds and takes them out via electricity. The end.

Summary of the Fight v2

1. For some reason Monica's blitz hasn't worked (not likely), so Storm suffocates you and strikes you with winds, lightning, dehydration, and flash freezes you with a thought.

2. At the same time, Bedlam and Vixen TP you to shutdown your minds. The end.

...v3

1. So you got past professor X level TP somehow, Bedlam still Tk's you into oblivion, Storm's powers are still bombarding you, Monica has just gone ahead and drained your rings, and Monet is using TK and her powers to beat on you physically.

2. Meanwhile Vixen uses TK (from Grodd)+her ring to fly fast+her magic claws that have hurt Superman and Despero and takes you out that way, using the speed of a mantis shrimp to bombard you with blows

3. And you get trapped by the love containment field from the violet ring.

Either way you lose.

Summary of the Debate

1. Monica still blitzes you until you show FTL reaction speeds. Consistent FTL reaction speeds. Not one feat that wasn't even FTL.

2. Monica's invisible and blitzes you regardless and then takes you out as she did Shuma-Gorath

3. With two powerful TPers on my side, we mindrape you into oblivion while being protected due to them and personal defenses

4. TK, Suffocation, dehydration, flash freezing all get you

5. Storm's bombardment of attacks will exhaust your wards and end up taking out Eragon, especially as she BFRs Lobo. Monica can help too by attacking and/or draining.

6. And the love containment field thing will work as well

7. Overall, the combo of TP+speedblitz+bombardment+TK+draining = an easy win.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@darkraiden:

1. Hal being hurt by Deathstroke and less than planetary threats isn't new. Deathstroke is one, Batman has punched out a GL, Dr. Polaris (a long time enemy) has hurt them time and time again, Aquaman has, and so on. It just proves my point that GLs need to activate their abilities. The speed argument is the same. You say Deathstroke is PIS both times, but what about Polaris? What about when Orion flew by at speeds not even hinted to be close to lightspeed, blitzed Saint Walker and took his ring (that he couldn't use because he lost hope)? What about that random time dude flew by and stole a lantern's ring and wasn't moving lightspeed at all? Lanterns tend not to react at lightspeed more times than not. That's a fact.

Again, that's jobbing. Hal has taken head-on charges from Superman and punches from Darkseid and kept fighting, so Deathstroke hurting him is absurd. Let alone breaking Kyle's wrist. And IIRC Hal demolished Dr. Polaris in their fight. The Orion thing kinda answers itself, Saint has lost his powers. Lanterns have both high-end and low-end showings and the fact that you're only taking into account the low-end feats, which are mostly PIS, isn't helping your case. The one consistent fact that you for some reason ignored is that metahuman Lanterns and human Lanterns aren't different at all as far as speed goes. Demonstrated in fights like Orange Lantern Lex VS Black Lantern Superman, random alien Green Lanterns VS Red Lantern Supergirl, and so on and so forth. Moreover, even if the speed thing is indeed just an amp and is added to the base speed of the user, then my team still has the edge in reaction speed.

2. I'm sorry, what? Did you ask if Spectrum has better reactions than a human and Aquaman? Do you know anything about Spectrum? Regardless, here's a few of her speed/reaction feats.

Again, you're taking feats and reaching into the wrong conclusions. All of those feats except for the last 2 are of travel speed, in which category I acknowledged that Spectrum is lightspeed.

The only feats of actual reactions are the last 2 and they don't show FTL reactions as well. And here's why:

• The first one with Zeus never said that the others in that room weren't fast enough to react to the lightning, only that they couldn't. Look at the heroes in there: Cap, Namor, She Hulk, Thor, etc. Spectrum is the only one there who can go intangible, therefore the only one who could react. It's even stated that Cap's shield took most of the damage so it's only logical that he reacted as well and lifted his shield to protect himself. Also, Zeus wasn't near as close to them as Despero was to Aquaman when he dodged his heat-vision. And it says that Spectrum has reacted in "the moment of danger", which is an undefined period of time. Claiming it to be nanoseconds is just a baseless guess and most likely false.
  • The one with Quicksilver is also too small. I zoomed in but the resolution is crap and I can't read what they're saying. Although, clearly in the second panel he isn't running but distracted by the light Spectrum is making, then when he's distracted she punches him. If she would have tagged him while he was running that'd be something different altogether, but she didn't, and there's nothing impressive in punching someone who's completely distracted and standing in place.
  • There's also her being tagged by Proxima's spear in Mighty Avengers #2.

3. Neither of those scans is she in Neutrinos form. This is her in neutrinos form

Fair enough. Still susceptible to telepathy, and Eragon will detect her.

4. That example of Eragon's telepathy is quite useless. It just shows some random guy dying to a spell that made him feel wrongness. Nothing even hints the other guy is stronger and it even states that Eragon had help from those dragons who used 100 years of pent up emotions or w/e. Long story short, that had nothing to do with telepathy. It was a spell. It certainly doesn't mean if you block his telepathy you lose. They'll just turn his mind off. Simple as that.

Useless? Did you even read it? It wasn't a random guy, it was Galbatorix, who had over 400 Eldunarya at his command and who controlled armies of tens of thousands from hundreds of miles away.

Here's a map of Alagaesia:

No Caption Provided

Galbatorix's castle is in Uru'bean. He has mind-controlled tens of thousands of Urgals in the battle under Farthen Dur, and tens of thousands of troops again in The Burning Plains which is on the border of Surda.

It is clearly stated that the minds of Eragon and his Eldunarya were besieged, as in, overpowered, by Galbatorix's "crazed dragons" (which are his Eldunarya). Which means that there WAS telepathy (minds...) and that Eragon WAS losing it. Still he unleashed his spell.

And yes, Eragon had help from the dragons. Those dragons are his Eldunarya. Not only does he have them in this fight, he also has Galbatorix's Eldunarya which were the ones who overpowered them.

And to make it simple, since you clearly didn't understand what was going on there (not blaming you, Eragon's magic is hard to understand if you don't read the books), I'll explain it precisely:

Eragon and his Eldunarya were having a telepathic battle against Galbatorix and his Eldunarya. Galbatorix was having the upper hand and was slowly subduing Eragon. When Eragon was close to defeat, he unleashed a spell at Galbatorix-using his mind-which the dragons (Eldunarya) amped.

So that is a perfect example of Eragon's ability to use magic through telepathy even when he's on the losing side.

5. Lobo doesn't have close to FTL reactions or even lightspeed. He's been hit by slow people to often and has 0 feats of blitzing anyone outside that one time he bltized Superman. No different than when Deathstroke outmaneuvered Superman or Shadow Dragon matched his speed, he wasn't moving at full speed. And Lobo's struggled to hit Zatanna before she spoke, he's clearly not even close to FTL.

Literally every powerhouse in comics has been tagged by street levelers. Including Flash. But Lobo consistently tags the likes of Superman, Captain Marvel and Martian Manhunter. And I have shown you 2 times from completely different times where Lobo has tagged Superman in what is clearly FTL reactions. Again you're only looking at low-end feats, which literally everyone in comics has, and outright ignoring the higher-end which are consistent. Lobo is on par with Superman, deal with it.

6. Zatanna used magic, but it was still intangibility. The other example might not even be intangibility since he could touch other people and that's not how intangibility usually works.

It's clearly both shown and stated that this man was able to touch but not be touched. And Lobo touched him. Again you're ignoring his better feats and using only his lower-end. And again, magic has its own rules and Zatanna is one of the most powerful magicians in comics. Arguably in media.

7. You can say anyone can be a Lantern, but all Lantern Corps are not created equal. Instilling hope means nothing when using the ring. See when Saint Walker lost the ability to use his ring because he lost hope. And without a GL you can't even use your ring for anything besides flying and a protective aura. So it's useless.

Oh and Blue Lantern Corps. is notorious for having so few members because the process takes forever and is extensive. The people who've used a violet lantern ring were people who didn't have specifically true love or anything. Again, John Stewart used it just because he 'loved' the Green Lanterns and someone else loved being a Green Lantern. I'm not saying it's vague based off of wording, but based on examples.

It's a fact that the ring has chosen Saint Walker for instilling great hope. What he himself interprets from his usage and/or loss of powers is nice and all but the fact remains that the ring chooses people by their ability to instill great hope. And still, no proof that your characters will be proficient enough to do whatever you want them too. They "love" things like anyone else, they're not special like John Stewart who has shown exceptional connection to his role (refusing to become an Alpha Lantern, and AFAIK the first and only Green Lantern whose willpower exceeded the ring's capacity), Not to mention the likes of Star Sapphire (Carol) who was all but obsessed with Hal. They're not passionate with that or anything and the more vague their connection to this emotion the weaker they'll be with their rings.

In addition, Eragon himself has tremendous hope himself, not just the ability to instill great hope. In the first book he killed a shade (hence the name Shadeslayer), and was the third person in history to do that and live to tell the tale. Where most people would have had no hope in doing it, he di have. Throughout the books he has shown hope in the same manner Hal Jordan has, and remember he was chosen by Ganthet and Sayd to lead the Blue Lanterns. Aquaman could fall under this as well, although admittedly not as much as Eragon. Lobo, while not being the best choice for a Blue Lantern, will make the best out of the 6 months training. He's very smart (among other things he's fluent in over 17,000 alien languages) so 6 months training with a weapon he's already familiar with will be used to the max. And Eragon, who has enormous connection to hope, whether it is by instilling great hope or having great hope, is as I said an extremely fast learner. In the span of a few months he's learned and mastered swordsmanship, became a master of magic (which included learning a whole new language), mastered Dragon Riding (not as easy as it might sound), as well as history, geography, cultures of different races, and much more. 6 months to learn how to use one weapon is a piece of cake. And as I said, flight and a protective aura is really all I need here.

8. Yes Storm reacts much faster than Lobo and Eragon. She reacts at the speed of thought. And I've already covered that she can't be mindraped.

Faster than Eragon? Not that I can tell. The feats you posted were mostly not of her reaction speed.

• The first one simply says that she created that storm before anyone could react. Doesn't say anything about her reacting to anyone.
  • The second one simply states that she attacked first. Not that she reacted to anyone else, again.
  • The third clearly says that the tornado has appeared in the blink of an eye, and that she has started to slowly use her powers first.
  • In the third one she isn't reacting to anything. Again doesn't really show reaction speed. She was told to do something, replied with a whole sentence, and only then activated her powers. So this feat is useless here.
  • The fourth is the only one of actual reaction speed. But still far less impressive than Aquaman's feat against Despero. It's the same except Aquaman was as close as it gets to Despero when he fired his blast, Storm was pretty far off from whoever that was (Cyclops?), and there's no proof that there was any difference regarding the speed of those 2 blasts.

I'm using my level of TP unless told otherwise tbh. And the limits are still enough to beat Aquaman and Eragon.

So you admit breaking the limits? I hate getting to those corners. But it's not the first tourney where I was debating against you and one of your characters was DQ'd in the middle of the debate because of breaking the limits. And I don't like people who try and fool everyone by sneaking in characters who aren't within the rules. There's a difference between picking powerful characters that are hard to debate against, and picking characters who break the rules just because you wanna win. That's cheating. And I don't like playing with cheaters.

@thenewbluebeetle007 if his charcters are still allowed (namely all of them except for Monica), then count me out, and give him the win. As the guy who was denied Prof. X for 2 points, I think allowing characters that are supposedly above him (also for 2 points) is wrong.

And I don't see those 550 minds being comparable to Professor X, Psylocke, or Jean Grey. Unless you have feats. And being a better telepath means Eragon gets his mind shut down before he can use magic.

When has any of the above subdued 550 minds that were actually fighting back, with the proven force to control tens of thousands of men? Again, if it was only one Eldunari that had this power, it would have been different. But it's 550 different minds. Again, it's like Kingpin fighting 550 Daredevils. He could beat one Daredevil, 2 maybe. But 550? Come on.

As for the scans, which ones? The Storm TP ones? If so, just check a respect thread, or zoom in. Those the only ones I got and look normal sized to me so I can't exactly get better ones.

Yes, those ones. Zooming in doesn't really help because the resolution gets crappier the more I zoom in.

9. Spectrum used her light to emulate magic. Blade confirmed it properly emulated magic. Nothing else needs to be said. And yeah I posted her nanosecond reaction feat (which does matter because nanoseconds are far faster than the speed of thought and the time it takes Eragon to try to perform any magic).

No nanosecond feats that I have seen. And Blade naming it magic is cool, but Spectrum stated it was just light and she would absolutely know better than him. And again, Blade never said it was magic, he said she believed it was magic. Which means it wasn't magic. So if Blade confirmed anything is that Spectrum didn't use magic, not really.

1. If the wards are like GL auto-shields (which don't work that well), then I'd need proof they can block suffocation and dehydration as it's not exactly "damage".

Dehydration is already out of question since you only have one feat of Storm actually doing it and she was doing it SLOW. And actually Murtagh once used a spell that sent a burst of air to push Eragon backwards, since he knew he couldn't get INSIDE his wards, he used something to push the wards along with him. So no, the hurricanes ain't getting past the wards. And before you say anything on "Storm will push him backwards too like Murtagh did", then no, Eragon is still FTL thanks to being a Lantern, and much faster than her to begin with.

2. You're wrong, Superman's heat vision is hotter than we can measure, that just means hotter than the sun. Doesn't mean it has more energy. And energy matters since:

Umm no, nowhere in that scan that I can see it is stated. It quite clearly states that the energy it produces is more than science can measure. Quote:

"No one quite understands the scope of Superman's power... only that it's off the charts by any of the standard scientific measures... and it's derived from the sun [as in, Superman's source of power is the sun. It doesn't compare the temperature of his heat-vision to that of the sun]. If he should turn his energy toward us, there may be no limit to the amount of energy he could discharge."

So yes, it is very clear that this scan refers to the magnitude of energy Superman unleashes with his haet-vision, has nothing to do with temperature. Maybe you havn't read it properly?

A. The hurricane is concentrated

B. You're using energy to uphold the wards

C. Storm's hurricanes/winds/lightning are stronger than nukes anyways

1. Nothing you've posted shows concentrated hurricanes as far as I can see.
  2. Yes. Neverending energy.
  3. So are Superman's punches and heat vision, and Lobo has laughed off both.

Again, you're stating things that you can't back up. Proof that Storm can concentrate hurricanes to that level? Proof that she can do all those things simultaneously?

And you are again ignoring the healing factor Lobo has and the healing that Aquaman gives him with his water hand. Not to mention the water hand can act independently from Aquaman so he can fight AND heal Lobo at the same time:

No Caption Provided

As you can see, Arthur can remote-control it even when he's passed out.

Lobo's never taken the amount of energy a barrage of constant hurricane+ level winds and lightning from Storm would produce. For example, Storm's lightning hurt and dispersed Stardust, herald of Galactus, a guy who survived an exploding planet. And her winds blocked and deflected Cyclops's mountain busting blast (and overpowered Hulk multiple times).

Her powers are very potent.

Never said she was weak. Only said that Lobo has laughed off far worse than that. And that's even without healing.

3. The speed thing, it's not jobbing, it's consistency. Contrary to popular belief, people you named don't have constant FTL reaction speeds consistently and can get hit by slower beings. All the time. And you dont' have close to the reaction speeds of Vixen, Storm, or Monica. (Vixen reacted to a bloodlusted Superman blitz and caught Flash in the air). Less than a second is slow considering the speed of thought can be anywhere from .3 to .01 of a second.

Say what now? Flash, Superman, Supergirl, Superboy Prime and Cyborg Superman aren't FTL? They most absolutely are. And they have never shown (as Lanterns) speeds that exceed those of human Lanterns.

Already debunked Monica's and Storm's reaction feats. Vixen reacting to a bluudlusted Superman and catching Flash is nice and all, but it's nothing that Lantern's haven't done before. I can name at least twice that Hal has caught speedsters (Flash and Zoom) with constructs while Superman and Wonder Woman couldn't. No reason why she should be any faster than Eragon with his ring.

4. Yeah good enough to contain Lobo. 6 Months is plenty of time especially for the likes of Storm, Vixen, and Monet who are very intelligent and practically embody the emotion of the ring (love). The only vague one is Bedlam since Monica can replicate and use emotional spectrum energy despite her emotions.

They "embody" love? Not more than pretty much any other comics character ever created. Stating that they can master their ring in 6 months to an extent that they can contain Lobo is a gamble at the very best. And what makes you think Monica can replicate this energy? I call no limits fallacy. You overestimate Monica.

And being intelligent is a very generic word. Nothing suggests they could master the ring as much as guys like Carol (who has stronger connection to this emotion than any of them) or John who is already familiar and proficient with usage of power rings.

5. Your analogy of martial artists vs. thug is off and baseless. Professor X and Martian Manhunter are far more skilled than Eragon and both lost to my telepaths. Plus the proper analogy is Superman with black belt training vs. a normal human with several blackbelts. That's the difference in power and skill. And Superman would of course stomp.

It's not off and baseless. Xavier and J'onn might be more POWERFUL as far as sheer power goes but not once that I have seen their telepathy has involved actual skill or technique, like Eragon has studied and mastered (not to mention his Eldunarya who outclass him by far). The proper analogy would not be Superman with a black belt, since your characters have no skill. It remains one huge thug VS 550 master martial artists. Killer Croc VS 550 Nightwings if you'd like.

6. Aquaman can't swim at Storm. She'd just freeze the water and him with it. Lobo's too busy being subdued by hurricanes and tornadoes and lightning. Less has KO'd him.

Aquaman lives in the temperatures of the bottom of the ocean. Cold is literally nothing to him. And he can just thaw the ice, or make it split and let him through, Moses style. Forgot he has hydrokinesis?

And I have already proved that Lobo can endure much, much more than Storm's hurricanes or lightning (and it remains an "or" since you haven't shown she's capable of an "and", and now you also want her to freeze the water).

7. Storm's dehydration took a long time purposely. The scan even has her told to dehydrate him slowly so he won't notice. And it's a pointless discussion as before he can flood anything he's down via TP, TK, lightning, suffocation, etc. And he does need to breathe, he just breathes underwater as well. Like a fish. Hence Aquaman. And he's frozen the minute he touches water.

Yes, maybe it was on purpose, but nothing to suggest she's capable of doing it any faster regardless.

And maybe he can still be suffocated but he doesn't have gills, so he can live without breathing. I'll leave the TP/TK and stuff discussion out of this at the moment since I already countered that plenty of times. And again, freezing him wouldn't have any effect.

Regardless, it's all just a plan-B.

8. Hulk, Magneto, Gladiator all have outrun blackholes and such, Storm's winds still trapped them. Lobo will be trapped.

Don't think any of them has displayed the travel speed Lobo has on his Space Hog, or his kind of speed regardless (maybe Gladiator has but I'm no expert on the guy).

9. New thing, almost forgot, Monica has enough energy to cut and hurt Zeus. She'd easily be enough to overload your wards if she wanted to. She's also used petawatt and exawatt lasers.

She won't get to the wards in the first place.

Final summary of the debate, after this feel free to call on the voters:

Plan A:

Eragon, with the help of Aquaman, goes for TP right off the bat, while also casting wards on himself and his teammated, using Lobo's vitality to fuel them, while Lobo charges forward. Aquaman releases his hand to grab Lobo so it could heal him if need be, as well as sends a command to the planet's oceans to rise and flood the area.

Eragon and Aquaman will find the telepaths on your team trying to fend them off. From here there are two options:

• Eragon's actual skill and technique, as well as strength in numbers, covers for his disadvantage at sheer mental force and he subdues and kills the enemy telepaths, as well as Monica. This is a very likely outcome even though your telepaths exceed the tourney's rules. If they are to be DQ'd or nerfed, then it's pretty much 100% they'd lose, since Eragon not only has superior skill and hundreds of skilled minds at his command, but combined with Aquaman my team's sheer mental force is enormous and comparable to the limits of the tourney.
  • The mental fight goes back and forth long enough for Lobo to beat down your team physically.

Plan B:

If Eragon sees he's beginning to lose the telepathic fight, he'll channel spells through his mind to kill/incapitate your whole team. He will also be able to notice that Monica is the fastest on your team and that she's invisible and moving toward him, and use an energy-manipulating spell (or just another, simpler spell) to stop her.

Plan C:

If none of the above works, which shouldn't happen at all, then:

• Eragon stops Monica with magic.
  • Lobo blitzes your team, while being constantly healed by his own healing factor and Aquaman's water hand. Wind cannot stop him sine he has outraced black holes and supernovas.
  • Aquaman dives and swims toward Storm at super-speed, leaps up and takes her out with his trident. Either that or he calls marine life such as giant squids, giant sharks, sea monsters etc to grab her and drown her/BFR her into the depths of the ocean.
  • My wards protect my team from telekinesis and Storm's winds.

Additional points:

• Your characters exceed the rules and you have stated to not give a sh** about that, which is frankly very immature and unsportsmanlike, not to mention unfair.
  • You use clear PIS showings to try and prove your points while flat out ignoring consistent showings that I have talked about.
  • In order to demonstrate your characters' reaction speeds, you have used feats that clearly have nothing to do with it. Same goes for the NLF regarding Monica's ability to manipulating magical energy and/or emotional spectrum energy, as well as you trying to debunk Superman's heat vision which Lobo took without a second glance when it was stated in the scan that your interpretation of it is false.
  • You showed no counter to my wards.
  • Your characters' connection to the emotion which they harness in this fight is vague at best and nonexistant at worst.

I am done.

Your team is powerful and that was fun as it lasted, let's see what the voters have to say. If you wanna write one last post before the votes then go for it.

But first let's give @thenewbluebeetle007 a chance to read it through and decide what's going on with your characters' breaking the rules.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper:

Your Side

1. Hal and Kyle and other Lanterns get hit by slower people too much for it to be jobbing. And I'm not focusing on the low end merely counter balancing your use of high end only feats. If we use what's consistent, the average, Lanterns are not FTL in combat/reaction. Even the likes of Superman isn't. As for Polaris, I'm referring to when Polaris hits Hal consistently with random magnetized debris. Which isn't FTL.

2. Spectrum's feats are ALL reaction feats. I'll go by them 1 at a time.

Speed of Light Blitz: She's zig zagging and attacking multiple targets at the speed of light. Her even turning and controlling herself would give her lightspeed reactions, her performing a blitz on multiple opponents in different spots just confirms it.

Still moving with Time stopped: She's still moving and thinking at extreme speeds despite time being stopped/slowed down. She's also shown still intangible and shooting light beams. This requires reaction speeds or she'd be frozen like everyone else.

Travels through space in many forms in a nanosecond: She's blatantly shown changing forms multiple times in a nanosecond and coming back before the other Avengers can breathe

From moon to earth in seconds, subatomic control: Again shown controlling and zig zagging and changing forms at light speed

Moving while others are frozen in an impeccably small fraction of a second: Again she's moving and changing forms, thinking, and even searching while others are frozen

Barely a microsecond enter a machine, do some funky stuff, and exit: Here she enters a computer, analyzes it and leaves it in just a microsecond

Quicksilver one: She easily catches up to him, has a chat, and tags him

And a better scan: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80103/2197208-600453_photon_vsquicksilverel0_super.jpg

Zeus one: It may not be verified lightspeed, but she reacted in an instant, faster than Thor, Cap, Namor, She-Hulk, etc. All much faster than normal humans. Much, much faster.

You also said it'd be impressive if she caught QS mid run, but she did do the same to Hermes:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/34486/1350255-hermes_2.jpg

She even reacted to him before that.

3. Eragon using magic while using telepathy isn't the issue. The issue is that it's irrelevant to this fight. The foe he faced was nowhere near as good as Professor X or Gorilla Grodd. So Eragon won't have time to use a spell, it will be instant KO.

4. Most Powerhouses get tagged by street levelers, and most powerhouses aren't inherently FTL if we take the average of their feats. Simple as that. Lobo has 0 FTL feats and none of his scans is he even implied to be super fast (blur lines and such). Blitzing Superman (who isn't FTL on average) doesn't make you FTL at all. It could even be seen as PIS as he doesn't do it again and even street levelers have done it to Supes. Plus Supes holds back.

5. The man wasn't intangible. Intangible means you can't touch them and they can't touch you. The man had different powers. The only time Lobo was truly up against intangibility, he failed to hit the person. Simple as. And this is a useless conversation as Monica's so much faster than Lobo it's not funny and she's invisible to him.

6. The ring choose Saint Walker because he could instill hope, but stopped working because he lost hope. To use the ring, you need great hope. This is a fact as shown when Saint Walker lost the ability to use the ring. Eragon might be a good person to be chosen, but he won't use necessarily use it super well. Then there's the fact that the Blue Lantern Ring has no powers without the GL ring. Only flight and a small aura.

As for Eragon having hope, he seemed resigned to being that Telepathy dude's slave and losing to him. His thoughts accept that he's lost and he just wants to make the guy feel. That's not someone with great hope. Again this is moot since the ring gives no abilities except flight.

7. Storm's shown feats are much faster than Eragon. They show that she can create storms at the speed of thought and before people like Wolverine and Nightcrawler can react (and they have much better reaction feats than Eragon who's best feat was fighting someone at blur speeds).

And her blocking a lightspeed attack is much more impressive than Aquaman dodging an unspecified beam from Despero. Especially since Aquaman constantly is hit by bullets and his normal feats aren't close to this level.

Also here's more of her tagging speedsters:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30174/2162064-hydroplane1fo9.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30174/2162065-hydroplane2ck3.jpg

---

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30174/2162063-1458369_svc_super.jpg

And I showed her creating a blizzard and nearly taking down Magneto before he could react (and he's known to have fast reaction speeds). I could also show her doing something similar to Human Torch and other instances of her using instant lightning/weather attacks.

8. No I broke no limits. It was brought up in the thread and he said it was fine. I'm not sure if he changed his mind, but he didn't tell me. At worst I would just drop a team member and keep her regardless (at a 4) so it wouldn't help you much. And I wouldn't put her above him, maybe equal. It's just a fact that she has defeated him in TP battle.

Here are some of the TP feats of Prof. X , Rachel Grey, and Emma Frosts

Professor X channeling a planet worth of minds towards Galactus

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80169/1630239-0maximumsecurity32jk8.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80169/1630240-05lh7.jpg

---

Prof X with another planetary feat

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80169/1630243-charles_13_years_old_all_minds_on_earth_xmenv2minus1p05io8.jpg

---

And another

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80169/1630250-charles_links_all_minds_on_earth_hy8pg11jx3.jpg

---

And again

static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/71326/1301879-charles_scans_earth_minds_z1cv4.jpg

--

Emma Frost sending world wind message:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/41801/1948886-uncannyxmen500zonemegan.jpg

--

using some tp on a crowd of angry people:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=8268020

---

Making her team invisible in an airport

http://s1.postimg.org/k6hqpw9r3/Generation_X_001_31.jpg

---

Making people leave a town

http://s1.postimg.org/4zk4oibfj/axm_07_10.jpg

---

Rachel Grey reaching 2.8 Billion minds

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/125392/4072540-wolverine+and+the+x-men+032-005.jpg

---

9. So you've confirmed that the wards can be pushed and affected. So not only will Storm's winds suffocate you and get past the wards due to damage, you'll easily be pushed back. And Blue Lanterns aren't FTL (and if they were, Storm would be too due to being a Violet Lantern and unlike Blue Lanterns, she has all of her powers). Thanks for that.

10. Superman's heat vision is more than standard science can measure sure. But standard science can't measure much and Superman's heat vision feats don't come close to even nukes in amount of energy discharged. So it's a useless thing to try to use.

11. Superboy Prime, Superman, and Cyborg Superman, and even Flash at times are not FTL. Flash can get there easily, Superman and Superboy Prime need to exert lots of effort to get to that speed and I've never seen Cyborg Superman react close to FTL. And Lanterns have been blitzed by Superman before, spent their entire time being blitzed by Prime and as mentioned before have been blitzed by slower characters.

12. Storm's powers have affected people far more durable than Lobo such as Hulk, Surfer, Stardust, etc. They'll break the wards as they attack far faster than Lobo's life energy will power the wards. Add in Monica draining the wards and it's even better.

13. Monica has replicated emotional spectrum energy before, (Green Lantern) and I used Composite Monica (though beetle never seems to update my teams) and it's officially recognized in her bio so it's 100% canon.

14. Professor X and Martian Manhunter are planetary and have exhibited much more skill than Eragon and his entire universe can dream of. The analogy remains Superman with a black belt vs. 550 black belt humans. And even if you took the skill away and did Superman brawling vs. 550 black belts, he'd still win. The analogy works for me either way.

15. Aquaman's not thawing or surviving ice that freezes lava such as the kind Storm can create. And hydroman had hydrokinesis too, Storm still turned him into steam. She has far greater control.

Plan A:

Eragon, with the help of Aquaman, goes for TP right off the bat, while also casting wards on himself and his teammated, using Lobo's vitality to fuel them, while Lobo charges forward. Aquaman releases his hand to grab Lobo so it could heal him if need be, as well as sends a command to the planet's oceans to rise and flood the area.

Eragon and Aquaman will find the telepaths on your team trying to fend them off. From here there are two options:

• Eragon's actual skill and technique, as well as strength in numbers, covers for his disadvantage at sheer mental force and he subdues and kills the enemy telepaths, as well as Monica. This is a very likely outcome even though your telepaths exceed the tourney's rules. If they are to be DQ'd or nerfed, then it's pretty much 100% they'd lose, since Eragon not only has superior skill and hundreds of skilled minds at his command, but combined with Aquaman my team's sheer mental force is enormous and comparable to the limits of the tourney.
  • The mental fight goes back and forth long enough for Lobo to beat down your team physically.

You lose this hilariously. Our TP is far above yours. At worst, Monet is gone and Bedlam at full power for 4 points and we still stomp. 550 people is nothing compared to billions which is the level my team is at in telepathy and resistance.

Plan B:

If Eragon sees he's beginning to lose the telepathic fight, he'll channel spells through his mind to kill/incapitate your whole team. He will also be able to notice that Monica is the fastest on your team and that she's invisible and moving toward him, and use an energy-manipulating spell (or just another, simpler spell) to stop her.

He can't see Monica as she's invisible and he won't have time to use spells to kill anyone. Our telepathy will come hard and fast and KO him immediately. Plus you've shown nothing on the level needed to incapacitate a Lantern nonetheless invulnerable people like Monet, people who've taken hits from Iron Man and Juggernaut like Bedlam, and people who've taken hits from Superman and the like such as Vixen.

Eragon also can't manipulate Monica as her control is greater (subatomic) and she can change forms in nanoseconds. If he tries light, she's lightning and kills him. Or she's neutrinos (which she is from the beginning by the way and he has no spell for her) or she's heat or she's x-rays or she's gamma rays and so on.

Plan C:

If none of the above works, which shouldn't happen at all, then:

• Eragon stops Monica with magic.
  • Lobo blitzes your team, while being constantly healed by his own healing factor and Aquaman's water hand. Wind cannot stop him sine he has outraced black holes and supernovas.
  • Aquaman dives and swims toward Storm at super-speed, leaps up and takes her out with his trident. Either that or he calls marine life such as giant squids, giant sharks, sea monsters etc to grab her and drown her/BFR her into the depths of the ocean.
  • My wards protect my team from telekinesis and Storm's winds.

Eragon can't stop Monica. He's too slow and she's too versatile and has phased through and copied magic before.

Lobo's too slow to blitz anyone. Winds have stopped people who outraced blackholes and supernovas such as Hulk and Iron Man and we're Lanterns so Lobo can't even harm us enough to take us out.

Aquaman will be frozen immediately and sea-life get taken down with lightning or freezing as well. She also can't drown, she can create air to breathe underwater via hydrolysis. So this is plain out not working.

And nothing you've said addresses my TK via Bedlam and Vixen.

Additional points:

• Your characters exceed the rules and you have stated to not give a sh** about that, which is frankly very immature and unsportsmanlike, not to mention unfair.
  • You use clear PIS showings to try and prove your points while flat out ignoring consistent showings that I have talked about.
  • In order to demonstrate your characters' reaction speeds, you have used feats that clearly have nothing to do with it. Same goes for the NLF regarding Monica's ability to manipulating magical energy and/or emotional spectrum energy, as well as you trying to debunk Superman's heat vision which Lobo took without a second glance when it was stated in the scan that your interpretation of it is false.
  • You showed no counter to my wards.
  • Your characters' connection to the emotion which they harness in this fight is vague at best and nonexistant at worst.

1. Wrong. I explained my point and the tourney creator said it was fair. I also offered an alternative of taking Monet away

2. I used low and consistent showings to battle the blatant high end feats you attempted to use.

3. I used no NLF only shown feats. I used proper reaction feats showing Storm reacting to speedsters and using her powers at the speed of thought and Monica changing forms and reacting at lightspeed. Superman's heat vision simply isn't that powerful.

4. Your wards have not proven that nothing can get inside them and haven't proven to stop internal attacks

5. All of my characters love and love hard. Which is the ring's emotion. Yours on the other hand have no hope.

My Side

1. Still blitzing at light speed and invisible and you have shown no counter. The fight ends there.

2. Still taking you down with multiple powerful TP attacks that only Lobo will be standing after

3. Still taking you down with TK you haven't countered, winds, lightning, freezing, suffocation, and dehydration, all of which should get past the near featless wards (that only have blocked a nuke in damage)

4. Overall, no counters to my teams multi-faceted attack besides assumptions about wards that have no feats blocking these types of attacks.

Summary of the Fight

1. Monica, having FTL reactions immediately blitzes your team in neutrinos form. She invades their minds and takes them out via electricity. The end.

Summary of the Fight v2

1. For some reason Monica's blitz hasn't worked (not likely), so Storm suffocates you and strikes you with winds, lightning, dehydration, and flash freezes you with a thought.

2. At the same time, Bedlam and Vixen TP you to shutdown your minds. The end.

...v3

1. So you got past professor X level TP somehow, Bedlam still Tk's you into oblivion, Storm's powers are still bombarding you, Monica has just gone ahead and drained your rings, and Monet is using TK and her powers to beat on you physically.

2. Meanwhile Vixen uses TK (from Grodd)+her ring to fly fast+her magic claws that have hurt Superman and Despero and takes you out that way, using the speed of a mantis shrimp to bombard you with blows

3. And you get trapped by the love containment field from the violet ring.

Either way you lose.

Summary of the Debate

1. Monica still blitzes you until you show FTL reaction speeds. Consistent FTL reaction speeds. Not one feat that wasn't even FTL.

2. Monica's invisible and blitzes you regardless and then takes you out as she did Shuma-Gorath

3. With two powerful TPers on my side, we mindrape you into oblivion while being protected due to them and personal defenses

4. TK, Suffocation, dehydration, flash freezing all get you

5. Storm's bombardment of attacks will exhaust your wards and end up taking out Eragon, especially as she BFRs Lobo. Monica can help too by attacking and/or draining.

6. And the love containment field thing will work as well

7. Overall, the combo of TP+speedblitz+bombardment+TK+draining = an easy win.

As it was never addressed. You never addressed my TK and never debunked my FTL speeds, and never debunked TP either or BFR or suffocation or freezing. No feats were given and you just denied things would work.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the_red_viper  Moderator

@thenewbluebeetle007: please confirm whether his telepaths (whom he admitted to be at least around planetary level) are still in so we'll know if there even is a reason to call on votes.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: telepathy will be disallowed for darkraiden's characters.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 the_red_viper  Moderator

@darkraiden: well, in all honesty, it would have been more unfair to keep it the same way. I'm assuming you didn't do it with an intention to cheat or anything, and it was an unfortunate mistake, but still... Anyhow, as soon as you and Beetle are done discussing the matter, tag the voters if you don't mind, since I'm in the army for the next couple of weeks so I'm just on mobile.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just clearing up, Beetle's allowing me to keep Bedlam and her TP for 4 points by discarding Monet. Everyone else was ruled fine.

No Caption Provided

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_red_viper  Moderator
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 the_red_viper  Moderator
Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@the_red_viper: Of course it appeals to me man, I´ll give this a read.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 the_red_viper  Moderator
MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

red viper has my vote. he was able to give good tactics and good counters to darkraiden who also did great

kudos to you both

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 the_red_viper  Moderator

@masterkungfu: thanks for your vote. Anything you think I didn't do well and should improve?

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

darkraiden, his counters were more convincing as was his tactic

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both of you did well, but I think that @the_red_viper edged it out. I think that both did a great job in tactics, but @darkraiden was a bit better there, but in counters trv shone brighter so I'll give it to him.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 the_red_viper  Moderator
the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 the_red_viper  Moderator

@veitha: Thanks for taking your time to read it all. Could you please elaborate on what I didn't do well?

Just so I could improve.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 the_red_viper  Moderator

Bump

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 the_red_viper  Moderator

Bump

Avatar image for ironspiderchan45
Ironspiderchan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote for TRV because of Eragon having infinite spell power from Lobo

Avatar image for mr_nofunallowed
Mr_NoFunAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator
Avatar image for ironspiderchan45
Ironspiderchan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: I don't really think a aqua man would be a good blue lantern but besides that its all pretty good

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 the_red_viper  Moderator
Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, I made a tournament just like this a long, long time ago.

I'm not sure if I'll get to voting, but looks interesting!