Lantern Corps Face Extinction

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Floopay

The whole of the lantern corps, of every color, from every universe, in all creation have been hunted down by multiple beings from the different omniverses. Shinigamis, death gods, Norse gods, Greek Gods, Egyption Gods, Demons, etc. They all have taken it upon themselves to eliminate the different Lantern Corps.

However, the powerful entities of each corp fought back, and for the purposes of this thread won through some ridiculous plot device.

Each corps left barren of members, and each entity looking to dole out it's rings to promising new comers from across the different dimensions.

Wait, is this a battle?

Initially, no. But once the first portion of this thread is done, it'll turn into a battle, so don't worry.

Wait, none of these guys will have feats with a Lantern ring, isn't this pointless?

Generally, I agree with giving characters items they have no practice with. However, Lantern rings over the years have remained pretty consistent with their users. There are plenty of feats out there showing what a Lantern Corps member can do with the ring, as well as plenty of feats for each character I will be providing. Combine the two and you have the character to be debated with.

So what exactly is going on?

I'm going to name a character, and you are comicvine users will pick the ring they think is most fitting for the character. Rings colors have to be chosen from the following:

• Green (Willpower)
  • Yellow (Fear)
  • Violet (Love/Compassion)
  • Red (Hate/Anger)
  • Indigo (Compassion)
  • Orange (Greed)

I will not be including blue, white, or black rings. I will also voice my own opinion or make random thoughts when presenting a character, however, my opinion doesn't count, only other people's votes.

Easy enough, what happens after?

After I'm going to begin pinning them against one another in a vote, because why not?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JonSmith

M'kay, think I got it. NAME THE FIRST CHALLENGER.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Floopay

First Character:

Midnighter

I'd like to say Yellow, but what do I know? Not the biggest Midnighter guy.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JonSmith

Giving it to Yellow or Indigo. Admittedly, he's not very compassionate, but given that Indigo Rings are designed to rewrite the personality of the Corps member to BE compassionate, making them completely loyal to the Indigo Tribe, an argument could be made for just about anyone to be an Indigo Lantern.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By JamesKM716

Yellow works i think.

Maffew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Maffew

I agree with yellow, the ring has a lot to do with the opponent and not just the user. Since midnighter is kind of known for being able to find and exploit someones weakness to win a fight, it's only presumable that he'd easily be able to pinpoint their fears and use it against them.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Chaos Prime

Even before i see the answers given Yellow sprang to mind for Midnighter :)

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dondave

Yellow

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points