langoliers (the reality eaters) vs all x-men

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lance Bastro

langoliers are meat ball looking extra-dimensional beings that eat reality just like how the picture above shows.

battle rules

• no phoenix force for jean
  • all of the x-men

feats of the langoliers click here

can the x-men survive? 

edit note: this includes all x-men arch foes like magneto's teams, styfe's teams etc. etc..

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By texasdeathmatch

I'm pretty confident that visorless Cyclops could wipe most of them out. I remember that movie really weirding me out as a kid.

departed402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By departed402

In all seriousness, the Langoliers have no apparent weakness. I can't see any of the X-Men lasting against their jaws, even Wolverine's skeleton. The X-Men have no way to combat these things that I can see. So, spite?
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lance Bastro
@texasdeathmatch said:
I'm pretty confident that visorless Cyclops could wipe most of them out. I remember that movie really weirding me out as a kid.
i was reminded of it just recently. those things eat reality like rice paper 0_0 
actually now, the movie makes sense... everyday we as in everyone in the whole world share a single day together all the time. i think the movie is about staying in yesterday while everyone continues moving to tomorrow. and eventually yesterday will be a forgotten plane. that's when the langoliers come and eat at it. pretty crazy.
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Lance Bastro: Its a Stephen King story, right?
Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wise Son
The X-men have/had reality warpers in their midst at some point. Legion could just end them if he doesn't take his medication....Wait, he's not a member of the X-men is he? Gah! Hmm, they do have/had Darwin, Lifeguard, Longshot, Vulcan and Xorn. I think they could take these guys. Nowhere to go when reality is being eaten out of existence. Darwin's power would ascend him to god like status and allow him to erase them from the fabric of reality. Lifeguard may be capable of the same thing but I doubt her powers have been shown to the degree Darwins has. Longshot could luck up but that's a "long shot." Okay, I'm done.
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lance Bastro
@texasdeathmatch said:
@Lance Bastro: Its a Stephen King story, right?
yes, the link i posted above is 13 of 16 videos of the movie. 

@departed402 said:

In all seriousness, the Langoliers have no apparent weakness. I can't see any of the X-Men lasting against their jaws, even Wolverine's skeleton. The X-Men have no way to combat these things that I can see. So, spite?

i've added new rules which include pretty much all x-men story characters save for phoenix. 
departed402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By departed402

They're like God's janitors. The consume all matter, energy, and reality itself (quite the concept). Nothing can stop them. Honestly, even if the X-Men had normal Phoenix I doubt they would win. I'd give it to White Phoenix though.
theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By theicon

xmen, Xavier would shut them down or cause them to eat each other

Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wise Son
@departed402 said:

Magician, Proteus, Legion, Sublime, Technarchy, Apocalypse, High Evolutionary.... Do I need to go on....? They would be wiped from existence when Proteus spikes. 
Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wise Son
@theicon said:
xmen, Xavier would shut them down or cause them to eat each other
I'm sure they have like a hive mind or something.
@departed402 said:

They're like God's janitors. The consume all matter, energy, and reality itself (quite the concept). Nothing can stop them. Honestly, even if the X-Men had normal Phoenix I doubt they would win. I'd give it to White Phoenix though.

Other realty benders like the X-men have or have fought would stomp them. They only eat it, they can't manipulate it.
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lance Bastro
@Wise Son said:
 Longshot could luck up but that's a "long shot." Okay, I'm done.
awesome deducing and finishing pun. =]
departed402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By departed402

Alright after the edit, I'll give it to the Mutants. I was think of the normal good guy X-Men
D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By D3athstroke

Juggernaut

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lance Bastro
@D3athstroke said:
Juggernaut
niiiice.
blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By blacharrt

There are several people who could stop them, the first that comes to mine is shaman, second Legion, third Magick (if they things are made as god's servants the are most likely magical in nature), Kid Omega, Darwin, Cypher (could talk them down), Ink could stop them with the Phoenix force tattoo on his face, Hope possibly if she was more of a stable character, rachel with Phoenix force could possibly stop it.

But i'd mainly give the job to Shaman and Legion.

ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ThaMessenger07

So you were watching SciFi on Sunday night - Monday Morning? ..... lol yeah......I Love Crap Movies Like That!

The Opposite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The Opposite

Langoliers vs Pac-Man anybody?

Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Cypher's Gambit

I think this spite now because if these creatures are "God's Janitors" of erasing the time that is left behind. Then the only real way of the X-Men winning is by BFR'ing themselves. A.K.A = Running away.

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By D3athstroke
@Cypher's Gambit said:
I think this spite now because if these creatures are "God's Janitors" of erasing the time that is left behind. Then the only real way of the X-Men winning is by BFR'ing themselves. A.K.A = Running away.
They can't Harm Juggernaut
He Cannot be erased From existence even eternity was unable to do that
Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@D3athstroke said:
@Cypher's Gambit said:
They can't Harm JuggernautHe Cannot be erased From existence even eternity was unable to do that
You know what. I forgot that Juggernaut was an X-Men at one time. Silly me. 
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lance Bastro

ahhh... i remember this one.

SuperboyRob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SuperboyRob

Jean grey could rip them apart on a molecular level even with out phoenix force she is still the strongest telekenetic on the planet
Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LordOfAllHumans  Online

All they need is Magik to open a stepping disc to the future and the Langoliers will be stopped, Sway may even be of some use, they simply eat time because their universe is linear, there is no past only memories of things that happened, Marvel time is circular, can be traversed back and forth, and altered and the multiverse there is built to go through a never ending cycle of creation and destruction.  Time manipulation from a world with more fluid mechanics of time is the way to defeat them, Marvel would be a paradox to them and they would probably cease to exist.

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@D3athstroke said:

@Cypher's Gambit said:
They can't Harm JuggernautHe Cannot be erased From existence even eternity was unable to do that

This is true.