Lady Sif vs. Wonder Woman

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By crmidnight

Post Crisis Wonder Woman, Lady Sif (Ragnarok). 
WW gets 24 hours prep. Both get standard gear.  Sif gets Mjolnir. She has full control over it.
Fighting in Gotham. Win by KO or Kill only.

Who wins?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Sif doesn't stand a chance.

crmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By crmidnight
@Vance Astro said:
"Sif doesn't stand a chance. "

Even if I gave her Mjolnir?
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By jasraj
@Vance Astro said:
"Sif doesn't stand a chance. "

crmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crmidnight

I think Mjolnir might be the equilizer in this match. Their strength levels may be near equal, and perhaps their battle experience...Though I may 
give Sif the edge on that. 

I don't think this would be a curbstomp. I think Sif, under these conditions, stands a good chance.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By nightwing91
@crmidnight: Wonder woman is faster and I dont think the hammer will make much of a difference. Isn't Sif only able to lift like 30 tons, Wonder Woman is Superman level. Wonder woman stomps .
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@crmidnight said:
" I think Mjolnir might be the equilizer in this match. Their strength levels may be near equal, and perhaps their battle experience...Though I may give Sif the edge on that.  I don't think this would be a curbstomp. I think Sif, under these conditions, stands a good chance. "
Is Thor class 100 because he has Mjolnir or because that's part of his powerset?
crmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By crmidnight
@Vance Astro said:
" @crmidnight said:
" I think Mjolnir might be the equilizer in this match. Their strength levels may be near equal, and perhaps their battle experience...Though I may give Sif the edge on that.  I don't think this would be a curbstomp. I think Sif, under these conditions, stands a good chance. "
Is Thor class 100 because he has Mjolnir or because that's part of his powerset? "

That's a good question. Probably because of Powerset.
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nightwing91
@crmidnight: Thors a class hundred cause of his power set mjolnir doesn't give him his strength. So all it'd do for Sif is give her the power Mjolnir has.
crmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crmidnight
@nightwing91 said:
" @crmidnight: Thors a class hundred cause of his power set mjolnir doesn't give him his strength. So all it'd do for Sif is give her the power Mjolnir has. "

Which has some pretty tremendous powers. It's not just a bludgeoning weapon...
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nightwing91
@crmidnight: Well Thor's well over a class 100, combines with the hammer is what makes it hit so hard. Sif can only lift 30 tons much lower then Diana and I beleive diana can match Sif in combat as well. There's a huge difference in strength here Wonder woman takes it due to her strength and speed
crmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By crmidnight
@nightwing91 said:
" @crmidnight: Well Thor's well over a class 100, combines with the hammer is what makes it hit so hard. Sif can only lift 30 tons much lower then Diana and I beleive diana can match Sif in combat as well. There's a huge difference in strength here Wonder woman takes it due to her strength and speed "

Higher strength doesn't necessarily guarentee victory. Sif has a great chance, especially with Mjolnir. 
She has excellent feats of her own that will balance out her lower class strength.
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nightwing91

Diana is still an amazon being one of the best fighters in the DCU, she should be able to match in combat even with lower strength. If a fighter has about equal skill, but is faster and much much stronger who is going to win? Wonder woman will take this

mira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mira

Well it'll be a really good fight. But in the end....I think that WW will win.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By MrDirector786
@Vance Astro said:
" @crmidnight said:
Is Thor class 100 because he has Mjolnir or because that's part of his powerset? "
I think he lifted the Midgard Serpent without Mjolnir's help but another time he and Bill used their hammers to amp their strength to lift Asgard. So I think he is class 100 but at times his hammer does improve his strength.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By Strafe Prower

Wonder Woman stomp

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nightwing91

The only thing Sif can do to really hurt wonder woman is to stab her with her sword, thats the only weak point in wonder womans durability piercing weapons. Blunt force won't really work on her. But with her speed and reflexes I really don't see that happening.

crmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By crmidnight
@nightwing91 said:
"Diana is still an amazon being one of the best fighters in the DCU, she should be able to match in combat even with lower strength. If a fighter has about equal skill, but is faster and much much stronger who is going to win? Wonder woman will take this "

So is Sif. He has had trained in both Armed and Unarmed combat excessively. Being an Asgardian, I would assume more so than Wonder Woman since Asgardians are always trying to stay 
stronger than Mortals. He has a very high tolerance for pain, and it would take a LOT of Wonder Woman to start causing unbarable pain. Their H2H and Armed Combat Skills may be on Par with  
eachother if not Sif being better in these departments. WW has better strength. Speed, that's a toss up, IMO... Stamina and endurance, that's Probably Sif, but I could be wrong. 

Plus, Sif has ONE BAMFing Sword!
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By czarny_samael666

Mjolnir give its wielder power of Thor. So this is just another Thor vs. WW. Sif will be his equal by any means.

crmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By crmidnight
@czarny_samael said:
"Mjolnir give its wielder power of Thor. So this is just another Thor vs. WW. Sif will be his equal by any means. "

That's true, although I don't think Sif will have increased strength because of this.
kumak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kumak
Sif is no slouch, but Diana is much faster, much stronger and, arguably, a better fighter.   Even with Mjolnir, I don't see Sif closing the considerable gap between her and Diana.

Diana 10/10
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By nightwing91
@crmidnight: Wonderwomans flight allows her to keep up with speedsters, she is much faster then sif, and Wonderwoman has better strength and endurance. The only thing Sif can do to hurt Diana is her sword, due to dianas durability not working on piercing weapons. But with her reflexes and bracelets she can easily avoid or block it, Sif is a typical asgardian and ther eonly 3 times as durable as a human. She's not going to be able to take an extended beating from Diana.
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By charlieboy

diana ftw. for the reason stated above.
crmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By crmidnight
@nightwing91:
@kumak:

Do either of you two have scans to back those up. Speed and endurance only. I am well aware that WW has better strength. 
Those are broad statements you're making and I've yet to see proof. Not trying to discredit you, but there's only one way to be  
sure.
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By nightwing91
@crmidnight: I don't have scans I know she kept up with Jessie Quick when Jessie was going into the speed force, so that mean Dianas defiantly faster then light. I saw a scan i'll try and find it and she does regularly block lasers and bullets and bladed weapons. And regular equipment gives her lasso too.
crmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By crmidnight
@nightwing91 said:

" @crmidnight: I don't have scans I know she kept up with Jessie Quick when Jessie was going into the speed force, so that mean Dianas defiantly faster then light. I saw a scan i'll try and find it and she does regularly block lasers and bullets and bladed weapons. And regular equipment gives her lasso too. "

She did keep up with Jesse Quick, but from what I've read, speed isn't something she's known to use.  
I've only seen her use it on occasion.
mrbobdobalina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mrbobdobalina

Definitely Wonder Woman.

mrbobdobalina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mrbobdobalina

Well, wait..... now that I think about it, Sif is no slouch, and with Mjolnir she could be a big time threat to Wonder Woman. 

I say a tie.

crmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By crmidnight
@mrbobdobalina said:
"Well, wait..... now that I think about it, Sif is no slouch, and with Mjolnir she could be a big time threat to Wonder Woman.  I say a tie. "

Stand Still? 

I would think the Mjolnir would even the field. Wonder Woman may be stronger and faster, but 
I think Sif has better combat skills. Especially if she had Mjolnir and her Sword...
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By nightwing91
@crmidnight: She kept up with jesse quick when jesse was entering into the speed force, that requires her having to have been going FTL, And her i can't find a scan of that but i found one of her reflexes she can block her sword.
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
crmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By crmidnight
@nightwing91 said:
" @crmidnight: She kept up with jesse quick when jesse was entering into the speed force, that requires her having to have been going FTL, And her i can't find a scan of that but i found one of her reflexes she can block her sword.

"

Been establised already.
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By nightwing91
@crmidnight: Well how fast can thor fly with his hammer? And what are Sif's reaction time's? Wonder woman I think is stronger then thor so she should still be stronger the sif.
crmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By crmidnight
@nightwing91 said:
" @crmidnight: Well how fast can thor fly with his hammer? And what are Sif's reaction time's? Wonder woman I think is stronger then thor so she should still be stronger the sif. "

WW might be stronger than Thor, and IS stronger than Lady Sif. Thor can fly fast with his hammer, but not faster than WW. 
Sif's reaction times? I'm sure she can react pretty quick being that she's one of the top warriors on Asgard.
mrbobdobalina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mrbobdobalina
@nightwing91 said:
" @crmidnight: Well how fast can thor fly with his hammer?  
3x the speed of light.
crmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By crmidnight
@mrbobdobalina said:
" @nightwing91 said:
" @crmidnight: Well how fast can thor fly with his hammer?  
3x the speed of light. "

Got a scan to back that up?
kumak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kumak
@crmidnight: 

No Caption Provided

Not really a proof, per se, since it is only dialogue. But, it does suggest at least that Diana's reaction speeds are better than Superman's. And, I think Superman's reaction speeds are better than Sif's (unless someone has scans to convince me otherwise; admittedly, my knowledge of Sif is fairly limited).

While Sif with Mjolnir may beat Diana in a race (debatable), I am confident that Diana has superior combat speed. And that will be what gives her a significant advantage (as well as the obvious strength mismatch) if they were to fight. 

Plus, Diana's standard equipment includes her bracelets and her Lasso of Truth. With the lasso alone, SIf will find herself hogtied in no time at all.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By King_Saturn
Wonder Woman should win here
rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By rogue_mar1e

Wonder Woman .

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@crmidnight said:
" @mrbobdobalina said:
"Well, wait..... now that I think about it, Sif is no slouch, and with Mjolnir she could be a big time threat to Wonder Woman.  I say a tie. "
Stand Still?  I would think the Mjolnir would even the field. Wonder Woman may be stronger and faster, but I think Sif has better combat skills. Especially if she had Mjolnir and her Sword... "
Sif doesn't have any fighting skill feats.At least none that proves she's very skilled.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@crmidnight said: 
Got a scan to back that up? "

No Caption Provided
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Diana easily.

kumak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By kumak
@CosmicSpiral:  Impressive speed feat. 

However, even if Mjolnir grants Sif the ability to fly three times the speed of light, is there any evidence that suggests that it will improve her combat reaction speed as well?  As far as I am aware, Mjolnir does not increase Thor's combat speed. Is that correct? If so, while Sif might beat Diana in a contest of flying from Point A to Point B, I'll still give the speed advantage to Diana in a straight up fight.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43  Edited By Static Shock
@crmidnight said:
"Got a scan to back that up? "
It's an extremely old scan, but it's only for flight speed. Thor has only done it in space. He's never achieved that for battle speed or for flight on Earth.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@kumak said:
" @CosmicSpiral:  Impressive speed feat. 

However, even if Mjolnir grants Sif the ability to fly three times the speed of light, is there any evidence that suggests that it will improve her combat reaction speed as well?  As far as I am aware, Mjolnir does not increase Thor's combat speed. Is that correct? If so, while Sif might beat Diana in a contest of flying from Point A to Point B, I'll still give the speed advantage to Diana in a straight up fight. "
No. Neither will it give her the power of Thor. There are certain attacks she cannot use as well. 
kumak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By kumak
@CosmicSpiral:  Alrighty. I'm convinced that Diana will take this. Thanks.
Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Aqua11500
@nightwing91 said:
" @crmidnight: Well Thor's well over a class 100, combines with the hammer is what makes it hit so hard. Sif can only lift 30 tons much lower then Diana and I beleive diana can match Sif in combat as well. There's a huge difference in strength here Wonder woman takes it due to her strength and speed "
 don't forget his belt of strength.
Sebastian Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Sebastian Dark

wonder woman
Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

Diana wins this. As far as the question as to whether Sif would gain Thor's strength have any of the other people that have held his hammer shown any increase? Cases such as BRB should be excluded imo because he already had super strentgh therefore there'd be no real way to tell.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Silver2467
@Crom-Cruach said:
" Diana easily. "
xdm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points