#1 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyp Durron's sometimes been compared to Magneto, so I decided to see what would happen if the two had a fight.

This is Kyp when his power levels are on par with NJO-era Luke. Because bringing a metal weapon against the master of magnetism is pointless unless you're Tony Stark or Victor von Doom, Kyp does not have his lightsaber here. Just his command of the Force. Will it be enough to trump the Master of Magnetism?

Round 1: Classic Magneto

Round 2: "Reformed" Magneto

Round 3: Movie Magneto c. X-Men Trilogy

Round 4: Current Magneto

Who wins?

Versus

#2 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone?

#3 Posted by Maxie (44 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have to go with Magneto. Love Kyp but Magneto's abilities make him too powerful for Kyp to take.

#4 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

@Maxie: Personally, I could at least see Kyp winning a few against Movie Magneto, since Movie Mags doesn't have a force-field like his comic book counterpart does.

#5 Posted by ShootingNova (17847 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow said:

@Maxie: Personally, I could at least see Kyp winning a few against Movie Magneto, since Movie Mags doesn't have a force-field like his comic book counterpart does.

Yes, he can.

@shroudofsorrow said:

This is Kyp when his power levels are on par with NJO-era Luke.

Kyp was never as powerful as NJO Luke. No Jedi/Sith was. But Kyp is powerful.

#6 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

Kyp was never as powerful as NJO Luke. No Jedi/Sith was. But Kyp is powerful.

He wasn't? Oh. Back on the KMC Versus Forum they said that Kyp's power levels were around those of NJO Luke.

In any event, I still see him scoring a few wins against Movie Magneto.

#7 Posted by ShootingNova (17847 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow: Honestly? People on KMC are among the most horrendous debaters ever.

Yes, that's what I said.

#8 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Funny. People on KMC sometimes think the same thing about Comicvine. Personally, I believe that both sites have their credible debaters. I happen to have fond memories from the KMC site, though I will acknowledge that they can be pretty mean-spirited over there. They don't have a lot of tolerance for ignorance or perceived stupidity.

#9 Posted by ShootingNova (17847 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow: I really don't care what they think of us. Majority of the time, I've only seen them fanwank, use ABC logic, indirect chain logic, or simply utter fail arguments.

#10 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@shroudofsorrow: I really don't care what they think of us. Majority of the time, I've only seen them fanwank, use ABC logic, indirect chain logic, or simply utter fail arguments.

Doesn't ABC logic work sometimes though? Just curious.

#11 Posted by ShootingNova (17847 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow: It depends on the scenario. Even so, the KMC people make a poor display of it.

#12 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Mags.