Kyp Durron Vs. Darth Tenebrous

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#1  Edited By shroudofsorrow

The duel is set on one of the Massassi temples on Yavin IV. Kyp is at the top of his game. Who wins?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Versus

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#2  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Bump

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Durron.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah, I'm going to make a 6-hour bump. It's an interesting fight.

Durron.

I'm not so quick to give it to Kyp. Tenebrous is definitely much faster, is about as powerful (you could argue that Kyp has better telekinetic feats, but it's not going to do him any favors given Tenebrous's own comparable power and his excellent Barrier showings), and, by reasonable inference, more skilled.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I am going with Tenebrous, 6 of 10.

joead624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Close fight.. Kyp is probably more powerful but would lose anyway..anyway what's bump mean

Mije_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Durron wins.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whilst Kyp might win, I can't really see why he's being afforded the majority here. He has nothing to compete with Tenebrous physically.

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By okayalright_44

Whilst Kyp might win, I can't really see why he's being afforded the majority here. He has nothing to compete with Tenebrous physically.

I agree that Tenebrous has the physical edge and skill edge, but I have not seen any feats of raw offensive Force ability/telekinesis; that puts him on par with Kyp manipulating a pseudo singularity.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ShootingNova

@okayalright_44: Physicality would be more important, though. Kyp would never be able to afford the concentration or effort to utilize that level of telekinesis, or any level of telekinesis even approaching that. Tenebrous is just too fast and too skilled for Kyp.

On a side note, Tenebrous being comparable is enough for him to withstand Kyp's telekinetic powers.

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By okayalright_44

@shootingnova:

Physicality would be more important, though.

They should be unless the opposition can circumvent it with greater telekinetic ability.

Kyp would never be able to afford the concentration or effort to utilize that level of telekinesis, or any level of telekinesis even approaching that. Tenebrous is just too fast and too skilled for Kyp.

On a side note, Tenebrous being comparable is enough for him to withstand Kyp's telekinetic powers.

I agree that the singularity feat took a considerable amount of focus, but it's still a greater showing of raw offensive, and Tenebrous, ostensibly, has nothing that rivals regardless of his level as a Rule 2 Sith and Force reserve/potential. Besides, Kyp's with considerably less effort, has manipulated Proton torpedoes in motion, so he's shown the range capable of keeping Tenebrous at bay, compensating for his lack of speed since he should be capable of reacting. And if Kyp goes all, I think he could overpower Tenebrous given his showings. Not for a majority though because I see this bout as a 5/10 split.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@okayalright_44:

1. Which is the case here.

2. Tenebrous, with moderate effort, supported portions of collapsing caves from crushing his ship and erected Barriers powerful enough to withstand explosions capable of sundering entire mines. Those are better showings than manipulating torpedoes. And I doubt Kyp could overpower him. Tenebrous prefers to duel and his raw skill and especially speed would overwhelm Kyp.

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@okayalright_44:

1. Which is the case here.

2. Tenebrous, with moderate effort, supported portions of collapsing caves from crushing his ship and erected Barriers powerful enough to withstand explosions capable of sundering entire mines. Those are better showings than manipulating torpedoes. And I doubt Kyp could overpower him. Tenebrous prefers to duel and his raw skill and especially speed would overwhelm Kyp.

1. Did you mean to say "isn't" or did you agree with me.

2. Agreed and conceded to your other points.

How many wins do you see Tenebrous getting then?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@okayalright_44: No, it is the case here, which is exactly why Tenebrous wins - because his skill and physicality exceeds his Kyp's power.

Tenebrous for a solid majority, if not nearly every time.

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soup95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c508820920c0
deactivated-5c508820920c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soup95: To be honest, Tenebrous mainly due to the scaling he potentially receives from the Banite line and probable superior skill to Durron. Though one could attempt to argue a Kyp victory in the context of a feat only force battle.