sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By sexy_merc

No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

Combatants:

- Kyle
- Alan

Rules:

- There will be 2 rounds.
- Alan is in his standard version for round 1.
- Alan as Sentinel in round 2.
- We are not using the recent version of Alan in either battles
- Green Lantern Kyle for both battles.
- Character morals are on but both combatants have equal desire to put take out their opponent.
- Research both characters before voicing an opinion.
- Both combatants receive no preparation; random encounter.
- Win by all conventional means except bfr. 

No Caption Provided

- Battle takes place on Oa.
- They start off 100 ft away.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By difficlus

idk, probably kyle round 1 but idk who sentinel Alan is and what he is capable of...

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By difficlus

bump 

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By velle37
@Sexy Merc
By Sentinel, do you mean Alan as pure green flame with limitless energy and no ring?
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sexy_merc
@velle37: Sentinel was when he became one with the Starheart
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By velle37
@Sexy Merc said:
" @velle37: Sentinel was when he became one with the Starheart "

What changed about him?
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sexy_merc
@velle37 said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
What changed about him? "
He was immune to the wood weakness among other things
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Sexy Merc: Alan wins both.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sexy_merc
@Crom-Cruach: Why? What's stopping Kyle from taking out Alan in seconds like Hal did exposing his wood weakness in round 1 (which Kyle knows by the way)?
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By velle37
@Sexy Merc said:
" @velle37 said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
He was immune to the wood weakness among other things "

I thought he lost his weakness to wood, along with becoming green flame Starheart magic, and no longer needing the ring, because he was "made out of" the Starheart. 

@Crom-Cruach
said:
" @Sexy Merc: Alan wins both. "

I agree.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sexy_merc
@velle37 said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @velle37 said:
" @Sexy Merc said:

I thought he lost his weakness to wood, along with becoming green flame Starheart magic, and no longer needing the ring, because he was "made out of" the Starheart. "
That was Sentinel. What's your point?
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Sexy Merc said:
" @Crom-Cruach: Why? What's stopping Kyle from taking out Alan in seconds like Hal did exposing his wood weakness in round 1 (which Kyle knows by the way)? "
Alan is far more experienced, has a stronger ring, and is every way just as fast. With your set up, Kyle isn't beating him in either rounds. The way Hal beat him too was PIS.
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By velle37
@Sexy Merc said:
" @velle37 said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @velle37 said:
" @Sexy Merc said:

I thought he lost his weakness to wood, along with becoming green flame Starheart magic, and no longer needing the ring, because he was "made out of" the Starheart. "
That was Sentinel. What's your point? "

I was trying to understand what you meant, because you said in your OP the second fight has Sentinel, but you said this is not using current Alan Scott. So i was asking you was there any difference between pure Starhart Alan and Sentinel. 

Just trying to ifgure out what you meant by your post. 
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sexy_merc
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @Crom-Cruach: Why? What's stopping Kyle from taking out Alan in seconds like Hal did exposing his wood weakness in round 1 (which Kyle knows by the way)? "
Alan is far more experienced, has a stronger ring, and is every way just as fast. With your set up, Kyle isn't beating him in either rounds. The way Hal beat him too was PIS. "
Alan is more experienced, Kyle's Ring is more powerful than every other GLs but the Starheart Ring being stronger is debatable (the best way to test it would be off of feats), Kyle has exceeded light multiple times, kept up with Wally in travel speed and combat (they weren't fighting each other though) etc. How does Alan get such a decisive victory in round 1 based on the set up? It's him pre-Sentinel, which implies he has his wood weakness and Hal beating him isn't pis at all. He had a clear cut weakness, and Hal exposed it. It's similar to Kryptonite for Superman, but the effects of wood on Alan seem to be much more deadly considering that Superman has gone up and successfully combated Kyrptonite based weapons/enemies etc. before.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sexy_merc
@velle37 said:
" I was trying to understand what you meant, because you said in your OP the second fight has Sentinel, but you said this is not using current Alan Scott. So i was asking you was there any difference between pure Starhart Alan and Sentinel.  Just trying to ifgure out what you meant by your post.  "
Oh okay, so basically round 1 is Pre-Sentinel or a standard Alan Scott, and round 2 is the Sentinel version you described earlier
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By velle37
@Sexy Merc said:
" @Crom-Cruach said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
Alan is far more experienced, has a stronger ring, and is every way just as fast. With your set up, Kyle isn't beating him in either rounds. The way Hal beat him too was PIS. "
Alan is more experienced, Kyle's Ring is more powerful than every other GLs but the Starheart Ring being stronger is debatable (the best way to test it would be off of feats), Kyle has exceeded light multiple times, kept up with Wally in travel speed and combat (they weren't fighting each other though) etc. How does Alan get such a decisive victory in round 1 based on the set up? It's him pre-Sentinel, which implies he has his wood weakness and Hal beating him isn't pis at all. He had a clear cut weakness, and Hal exposed it. It's similar to Kryptonite for Superman, but the effects of wood on Alan seem to be much more deadly considering that Superman has gone up and successfully combated Kyrptonite based weapons/enemies etc. before. "

@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Sexy Merc said:

How did Hal beat Alan? 

And how is Kyle's ring more powerful than every other ring?
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Sexy Merc said:
"but the Starheart Ring being stronger is debatable (the best way to test it would be off of feats)"
The Starheart is a nexus for all good magic in the DC universe. It's basically the Rock of Ages's little brother, much more powerful then any GL corp ring. And even before he merged with it, he had long lost this weakness. That went away with Crisis on Infinite earths.
@Sexy Merc said:
" How does Alan get such a decisive victory in round 1 based on the set up? "
As I've said, his ring is more powerful. Alan is more experienced using it. His ring has limitless energy as well. And Kyle is neither smarter or equipped with any advantage to overcome the more experienced Alan.
@Sexy Merc said:
" It's him pre-Sentinel, which implies he has his wood weakness and Hal beating him isn't pis at all.
Alan lost his weakness to wood before he merged with the Starheart. And it was PIS. Because Alan has time and again shown the creativity and intelligence to get around people armed with wood when he did have the weakness.
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By velle37
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
"but the Starheart Ring being stronger is debatable (the best way to test it would be off of feats)"
The Starheart is a nexus for all good magic in the DC universe. It's basically the Rock of Ages's little brother, much more powerful then any GL corp ring. And even before he merged with it, he had long lost this weakness. That went away with Crisis on Infinite earths.
@Sexy Merc said:
" How does Alan get such a decisive victory in round 1 based on the set up? "
As I've said, his ring is more powerful. Alan is more experienced using it. His ring has limitless energy as well. And Kyle is neither smarter or equipped with any advantage to overcome the more experienced Alan.
@Sexy Merc said:
" It's him pre-Sentinel, which implies he has his wood weakness and Hal beating him isn't pis at all.
Alan lost his weakness to wood before he merged with the Starheart. And it was PIS. Because Alan has time and again shown the creativity and intelligence to get around people armed with wood when he did have the weakness. "

What did Hal do with wood that was so impossible for Alan to overcome?
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@velle37 said:
" What did Hal do with wood that was so impossible for Alan to overcome? "
nothing, it was typical Silver Age style PIS of: "Curse you! You know my weakness therefore my brain shuts down and I let you beat me!"
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By velle37
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @velle37 said:
" What did Hal do with wood that was so impossible for Alan to overcome? "
nothing, it was typical Silver Age style PIS of: "Curse you! You know my weakness therefore my brain shuts down and I let you beat me!" "

I see.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sexy_merc
@Crom-Cruach: I remember Alan near death in a hospital with Mr. Terrific in a Post-Crisis story, due to being injured by wood. Let me see if I can find the scan
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Sexy Merc said:
" @Crom-Cruach: I remember Alan near death in a hospital with Mr. Terrific in a Post-Crisis story, due to being injured by wood. Let me see if I can find the scan "
I remember it was more about being stabbed in the heart. Which has a tendency to ruin your day.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sexy_merc
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @Crom-Cruach: I remember Alan near death in a hospital with Mr. Terrific in a Post-Crisis story, due to being injured by wood. Let me see if I can find the scan "
I remember it was more about being stabbed in the heart. Which has a tendency to ruin your day. "
I didn't read the story so I'll take your word for it. Where has it been shown on-panel after COIE that he no longer had the weakness to wood before merging with the Starheart?
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Sexy Merc said:
" I didn't read the story so I'll take your word for it. Where has it been shown on-panel after COIE that he no longer had the weakness to wood before merging with the Starheart? "
JSA, thought I don't remember which issue.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sexy_merc
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" I didn't read the story so I'll take your word for it. Where has it been shown on-panel after COIE that he no longer had the weakness to wood before merging with the Starheart? "
JSA, thought I don't remember which issue. "
Hmm..well if you get the issue number or the scan, just post it I guess
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Sexy Merc said:
" Hmm..well if you get the issue number or the scan, just post it I guess "
I'll see if I can dig it up. It's not me amongst my group that collects the JSA issues. If I can't find it on the net. It will take a while
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By velle37
@Sexy Merc 
You still haven't told me how Kyle's ring is morepowerfula than every other GL ring.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@velle37 said:
" @Sexy Merc 
You still haven't told me how Kyle's ring is morepowerfula than every other GL ring. "
His is a special elite ring that he received when Hal went nuts. Not that it will matter, Alan's ring is more powerful then any Corp ring.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sexy_merc
@velle37: Kyle's Ring has been the most powerful Ring, not only because it never had a weakness to yellow, was never dependent on the Central Power Battery and the insane feats he has accomplished with it. Also, most of the current GL's Rings limitations have been retconned, like John exceeding the willpower of the Ring when attempting to recreate Xanshi, and in Kyle's run he constructed a planet, and reconstructed Jupiter with no problems. 
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By velle37
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @velle37 said:
" @Sexy Merc 
You still haven't told me how Kyle's ring is morepowerfula than every other GL ring. "
His is a special elite ring that he received when Hal went nuts. Not that it will matter, Alan's ring is more powerful then any Corp ring. "

@Sexy Merc said:
" @velle37: Kyle's Ring has been the most powerful Ring, not only because it never had a weakness to yellow, was never dependent on the Central Power Battery and the insane feats he has accomplished with it. Also, most of the current GL's Rings limitations have been retconned, like John exceeding the willpower of the Ring when attempting to recreate Xanshi, and in Kyle's run he constructed a planet, and reconstructed Jupiter with no problems.  "
The ring he got from the guardian was not weak to yellow, and didn't have the 24-hour limit, simply depended on how much energy was used, but it also couldn't replicate itself, or automatically protect it's user from mortal damage. I don't remember anything about it being more powerful in general, but you can post a scan that proves this wrong.

Also, John wasn't just recreating Xanshi, he was reconstructing the entire Xanshi star system.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sexy_merc
@velle37: Getting info off of wikis isn't a very smart thing to do. Actually reading Kyle's run as a GL will give you a better understanding of why his feats can't be replicated by other Corps members.

True point about the Xanshi star system
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By velle37
@Sexy Merc said:
" @velle37: Getting info off of wikis isn't a very smart thing to do. Actually reading Kyle's run as a GL will give you a better understanding of why his feats can't be replicated by other Corps members.  True point about the Xanshi star system "

I didn't get any info from wikis. What i posted was info from Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, where Kyle was explaining his ring to Hal. And since their rings had different powers they were able to switch and confuse Sinestro to defeat him. 

Also i have read plenty of comics with Kyle in them, and have gone through multiple respect threads for Kyle, so i know what he's done and what he's capable of. 

Some of his feats can be done by other GLs, but the most notable one that comes to mind is him subconciously creating an entire GL corps. 

But i still haven't seen anything that says Kyle's ring is more powerful than any GL ring flat out. 

Even though his ring is unique, then furthermore as Ion he made it even more unique by giving it an emergency reserve charge, and allowing it to be called back to him (and maybe something else), i'm still not convinced his ring is superior. His can just do some stuff others can't, that doesn't necessarily make it more powerful.
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By velle37
@Sexy Merc 

U there?
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By sexy_merc
@velle37: I've read every appearance of Kyle in a comic and have debated with people before on how Kyle's Ring was crafted since his initial appearance to be more powerful than other GLs. He performed Pre-Crisis feats in his run numerous times, something Hal hasn't done Post-Crisis, nor has any other Lantern currently in the Corps (with no enhancements or power ups like Ion). I'm not going to get into the whole debate again, I don't like going in circles. If you don't believe me, fine, I'm not forcing you to
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By velle37

@Sexy Merc said:
" @velle37: I've read every appearance of Kyle in a comic and have debated with people before on how Kyle's Ring was crafted since his initial appearance to be more powerful than other GLs. He performed Pre-Crisis feats in his run numerous times, something Hal hasn't done Post-Crisis, nor has any other Lantern currently in the Corps (with no enhancements or power ups like Ion). I'm not going to get into the whole debate again, I don't like going in circles. If you don't believe me, fine, I'm not forcing you to "

Just name a few things that Kyle can do that other GL's can't, which makes him more powerful. 

You're the one who stated it, i don't see why you can't actually back it up. 

You even falsely accused me when i posted the knowledge that i do have of Kyle. 

Simply saying "I've debated with others and proved this" means nothing. 

I haven't heard from anyone else but you that Kyle's ring is more powerful than all other GL rings. 

Just having feats doesn't mean other GL's cant do them, it means Kyle is the GL written with those feats. When a writer gets an idea and their company lets them use it, they can do anything to make a character look good. But never have i seen it stated hat Kyle's ring is more powerful. I even listed the unique qualities of it, but that still doesn't make it ultimately superior. 

It's not about forcing me to believe you, it's about backing up what you clamed.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By sexy_merc
@velle37 said:
"
@Sexy Merc said:
" @velle37: I've read every appearance of Kyle in a comic and have debated with people before on how Kyle's Ring was crafted since his initial appearance to be more powerful than other GLs. He performed Pre-Crisis feats in his run numerous times, something Hal hasn't done Post-Crisis, nor has any other Lantern currently in the Corps (with no enhancements or power ups like Ion). I'm not going to get into the whole debate again, I don't like going in circles. If you don't believe me, fine, I'm not forcing you to "
Just name a few things that Kyle can do that other GL's can't, which makes him more powerful.  You're the one who stated it, i don't see why you can't actually back it up.  You even falsely accused me when i posted the knowledge that i do have of Kyle.  Simply saying "I've debated with others and proved this" means nothing.  I haven't heard from anyone else but you that Kyle's ring is more powerful than all other GL rings.  Just having feats doesn't mean other GL's cant do them, it means Kyle is the GL written with those feats. When a writer gets an idea and their company lets them use it, they can do anything to make a character look good. But never have i seen it stated hat Kyle's ring is more powerful. I even listed the unique qualities of it, but that still doesn't make it ultimately superior.  It's not about forcing me to believe you, it's about backing up what you clamed. "
Contained/shielded multi-solar system busters more than once, triggered Solaris to go supernova and contained it until Kal Kent arrived, contained the Big Bang of Warworld which was about to restart DC, constructed planets/reconstructed Jupiter, exceeded 3000 light years in a few seconds, demonstrated the ability to give himself superpowers like super speed/heat vision etc.
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By velle37
@Sexy Merc said:
" @velle37 said:
"
@Sexy Merc said:
Just name a few things that Kyle can do that other GL's can't, which makes him more powerful.  You're the one who stated it, i don't see why you can't actually back it up.  You even falsely accused me when i posted the knowledge that i do have of Kyle.  Simply saying "I've debated with others and proved this" means nothing.  I haven't heard from anyone else but you that Kyle's ring is more powerful than all other GL rings.  Just having feats doesn't mean other GL's cant do them, it means Kyle is the GL written with those feats. When a writer gets an idea and their company lets them use it, they can do anything to make a character look good. But never have i seen it stated hat Kyle's ring is more powerful. I even listed the unique qualities of it, but that still doesn't make it ultimately superior.  It's not about forcing me to believe you, it's about backing up what you clamed. "
Contained/shielded multi-solar system busters more than once, triggered Solaris to go supernova and contained it until Kal Kent arrived, contained the Big Bang of Warworld which was about to restart DC, constructed planets/reconstructed Jupiter, exceeded 3000 light years in a few seconds, demonstrated the ability to give himself superpowers like super speed/heat vision etc. "

What instance did he contain Mutisolar system busters? I did see another GL do something better, but i'm pretty sure it was pre-crisis... 

Triggering and containing a Supernova aren't things other Gl's can't replicate... Kyle was struggling incredibly hard to do this, was sweating gallons, and wouldn't have even been able to do it without Batman's coaching.... 

Containing a Big Bang is interesting, yet still nothing has said other Gl's cant do this... That goes for the next feat as well... 

A John Stewart went from earth to OA in enough time to save the whole JLA from being annihilated, and he did this after being slashed open with his guts spilling out... 

Giving himself superpowers isn't IMO impossible for other GLs... Other GL's have speed, strength, give themselves telepathy, and should be able to alter their genetic structure if they know what their doing....

The multisolar system buster containment, and Bing bang containment are the only notable things on your list..... but what were the circumstances of these? Do you have scans?
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By sexy_merc
@velle37: 

1. Antimatter wave that was destroying countless solar systems
  2. I've never seen a GL trigger a supernova, but I agree that Nova's aren't out of the realm of other GLs. Kyle was a rookie at the time and Batman just told him it was possible. He didn't 'coach' him. I don't like how you're downplaying that feat
  3. No, lol. Nothing has said other GLs can't contain a Big Bang so they must be able to? No, hell no. Kyle has the best feats, translating that onto other GLs DOES NOT WORK. PERIOD.
  4. Lanterns can give themselves superpowers but it's something Kyle does regularly considering he's the most creative/imaginative of the Corps
  5. The Big Bang of Warworld with Imperiex, I don't have my scans here
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By velle37
@Sexy Merc said:
" @velle37: 

2. I've never seen a GL trigger a supernova, but I agree that Nova's aren't out of the realm of other GLs. Kyle was a rookie at the time and Batman just told him it was possible. He didn't 'coach' him. I don't like how you're downplaying that feat
  3. No, lol. Nothing has said other GLs can't contain a Big Bang so they must be able to? No, hell no. Kyle has the best feats, translating that onto other GLs DOES NOT WORK. PERIOD.
  4. Lanterns can give themselves superpowers but it's something Kyle does regularly considering he's the most creative/imaginative of the Corps
  5. The Big Bang of Warworld with Imperiex, I don't have my scans here
"

I don't see that as impossible for other GL's. 

I've actually used that feat to defend/support Kyle in multiple threads before, Apologies if it seems like i was trying to downplay it. I was not. It has just been  usurped by at least one feat that comesto mind. 

I agree that Kyle has he best post Crisis feats, but this is because he was used the most, for along time in comics, and was written well. When i say "it doesn't mean other GL's can't do this", i mean the feat has nowhere that says "and kyle was able to do this because his ring is special". I'm not just automtically translating. But i still don't know the circumstances completely (but containing a Big Bang does sound impressive huh?.... but how would a comic writer know what that's like?.... If a big bang wasn't finished, no laws of physics would have been established for that universe, and there would be no force interent in it's explosion, save for the already existing univere's displacement by it's presence..... But this is hypothetical of course... except there would be much heat emanating theoretically.... sorry bout that, i'm a science buff....). If it was still a small ball of mass and energy i can see other GL's doing it, but if it was blowing up and about to anihilate all of existence and Kyle stopped it, it would be more a testament to Kyle's will and mental capabilities, than credit just going to his ring.

Kyle is the most imaginative, but other Gl's also use the speed, and strength boost. Both Hal and John have given themselves telepathy. And with a GL ring, it's not impossible for another GL to alter their genetic structure... I don't see this as exclusive to Kyle, though it is cool.......

Was that the Superman Comic? It probably was, since that's the only appearance i've seen of Imperiex. I'll go look at it again, but whatever happened didn't stand out to me. 

Kyle is possibly the coolest GL i've seen, and he has some incredible feats, but there is no statement that this is directly related to his ring. 

I would say it's directly related to his mind, and his ingenuity and creativity, but your statement that his ring is the most powerful isn't really backed with much evidence. GL rings should be more powerful than portrayed since they are told they can do "anything." That would naturally give Kyle an advatage because of his active imagination, while other GL rely on their will. 

I do believe Kyle could beat certain GLs simply by being more creative than just force of will. I value skill over strength. It would help if Kyle was smarter, then he'd really be a threat. 

Do not take my comments the wrong way. I am no bashing your beloved character. I just wanted to know what you based your statement on. I know you like Kyle, so my challenging you was doomed to have negative consequences, but i meant no harm or insult to Kyle at all.
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By beatboks1
@Sexy Merc said:
" @Crom-Cruach said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
JSA, thought I don't remember which issue. "
Hmm..well if you get the issue number or the scan, just post it I guess "
OK Just guessing but it has to be within the first 24 or so issues of the 1999 JSA title. I'm a huge fan of Alan and have collected almost everything with him in it since All Star 58 in 1976. That plus buying as many earlier appearances (or re-prints of them as I could get hold of). The only gap in my collection was the start of that series as it was during a time I had stopped collecting (and when I'd restarted I was unable to get hold of all back issues). I'm unfamiliar with this change to Alan pre his sentinel days. I will however grant that there are a multitude of examples of both SA and GA stories where he used his brain to get around the wood weakness when he saw it coming. So while I wont call him being beaten by Hal using wood PIS i would say it's CIS.
uknow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By uknow
@velle37: there is nothing to suggest that all GL can contain a big bang like kyle
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#42  Edited By PowerHerc

Kyle wins the first scenario. 
Alan wins the second scenario.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By King_Saturn
Rayner made can win both rounds actually.... 
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#44  Edited By karrob
@King Saturn said:
" Rayner made can win both rounds actually....  "
I agree
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#45  Edited By EpitomeofCool
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Sexy Merc: Alan wins both. "
pretty much.
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By velle37
@uknow said:

" @velle37: there is nothing to suggest that all GL can contain a big bang like kyle "

Like i said earlier I will reread that comic to see the scenario. But that is just one feat, and there is nothing that says he does the things he does because his ring is "more powerful." The rings are supposed to be capable of anything, but writers and progression of comics puts different "limits" at times to prevent omnipotence. 

I have to go look at it again because idk if it is Kyle holding a lion cub or restraining a full grown Lion. Meaning, i don't know if he's holding a baby, which is has endless physical potential, or he's holding an activated big bang, thus a more incredible physical force. 

That would also conflict with the degree of difficulty Kyle had with just holding a supernova. So i would guess the Big bang was still a baby. But like i said i will go look at it.

Kyle's ring is different. It is the most unique of the GL corps, but nothing i have seen suggests it's more powerful. Kyle's mind is what allows him to conceive certain ideas and use them, but that isn't dependent on his ring. 

Kyle's feats are meant to be incredible and flashy. I heard there was even a mandate that Kyle isn't to be written using the same construct twice to keep with the continuity of his character. He's the artist. He's the imaginative one. But his coolness doesn't necessarily translate into being more powerful.
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By velle37
@Sexy Merc said:
" @velle37: 

I saw a scan of this. Did Kyle later actually stop this wave? 

Because all i saw was him shielding the people around him....... 

It looks like the wave is still going on behind them after he put up his shields.......
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By sexy_merc
@velle37: His shield was durable enough to protect the civilians from it
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By velle37
@Sexy Merc said:
" @velle37: His shield was durable enough to protect the civilians from it "

I see. I thought you said he stopped it... 

But i think there was another instance where he went up against something similar, and stopped it.... But my memory is fuzzy on that.... i might just be misremembering this.......
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By sexy_merc
@King Saturn said:
" Rayner made can win both rounds actually....  "
Agreed