ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In character

No prep

Telepathy is useless due to lanterns shields that make them immune.

Start off 500 feet away

No Caption Provided

Who wins?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By dondave

What's with all the Apocalypse threads theses days?

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

hmm, figured the sentence would say whats with all the kyle rayners new guardians these days. lol ive gotten into that series alot and have read all the issues so far and really like them. idk whats going on with apocalypse

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

hmm, figured the sentence would say whats with all the kyle rayners new guardians these days. lol ive gotten into that series alot and have read all the issues so far and really like them. idk whats going on with apocalypse

eh, the apocalypse threads have been coming for the whole week, while your new guardians threads are only started today. I'm sure I'll complain in a week

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Kyle.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Kyle supposed to be White Lantern or Green Lantern? Anyway his team wins just checking to see if its 6/10 or 8-9/10

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Kyle supposed to be White Lantern or Green Lantern? Anyway his team wins just checking to see if its 6/10 or 8-9/10

its kyle with the abilities of all other color lanterns as he currently has in new guardians series

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01 said:

its kyle with the abilities of all other color lanterns as he currently has in new guardians series

Then 9/10 Kyle.

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@convenientlie said:

Then 9/10 Kyle.

solo????

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@convenientlie said:

Then 9/10 Kyle.

solo????

No. It's in-character and Kyle's "not about that life yo". He has the potential to, morals off, solo. He could bfr them easily enough, though Thor could come back rather quickly. Morals off, it's another story. Kyle's my favorite Lantern personally but if I were you I'd add Thanos to the team. Then you'd get more visits to the battle since the vine LOVES him. He could make it much closer and morals on, I'd probably call it in his favor. Morals off, no prep. Kyle stomps imo.

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@convenientlie said:

@convenientlie said:

Then 9/10 Kyle.

solo????

No. It's in-character and Kyle's "not about that life yo". He has the potential to, morals off, solo. He could bfr them easily enough, though Thor could come back rather quickly. Morals off, it's another story. Kyle's my favorite Lantern personally but if I were you I'd add Thanos to the team. Then you'd get more visits to the battle since the vine LOVES him. He could make it much closer and morals on, I'd probably call it in his favor. Morals off, no prep. Kyle stomps imo.

seriously? but its hulk...hulk smash and so on. thor has the biggest fan base how are they not going to bat for them??

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@convenientlie said:

@convenientlie said:

Then 9/10 Kyle.

solo????

seriously? but its hulk...hulk smash and so on. thor has the biggest fan base how are they not going to bat for them??

Hulk can't fly so he is useless. Thor can only block one attack at a time so he goes down. Apoc can be contained in a bubble. It is 7 vs 3 and i know hulk can't fly. Can apoc fly? It doesn't matter this is grossly one sided. If it were Thanos, Silver Surfer and Thor then............nah then it would be a stomp in Marvels favor.

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@convenientlie said:

@convenientlie said:

@convenientlie said:

Then 9/10 Kyle.

solo????

Hulk can't fly so he is useless. Thor can only block one attack at a time so he goes down. Apoc can be contained in a bubble. It is 7 vs 3 and i know hulk can't fly. Can apoc fly? It doesn't matter this is grossly one sided. If it were Thanos, Silver Surfer and Thor then............nah then it would be a stomp in Marvels favor.

yea, if i added thanos then id have to put in darkseid or high father. dont wanna go that route.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@convenientlie: In comics, Hulks been KO'd by a Python. He's not so impressive because of the way he's typically written. Thor has a good fanbase and good feats because of the fact he has a plot device weapon in Mjolnir. Good and all but I don't see him pulling a majority vs Kyle. Apocalypse is barely respected at all on the vine. In part I suppose it's the writers fault, he's written to be the dumbest brilliant character I know of. Thanos has the biggest following on this particular site. Not necessarily fanboys, but it's sorta a common theme to choose him over other combatants.

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ConvenientLie

@convenientlie: In comics, Hulks been KO'd by a Python. He's not so impressive because of the way he's typically written. Thor has a good fanbase and good feats because of the fact he has a plot device weapon in Mjolnir. Good and all but I don't see him pulling a majority vs Kyle. Apocalypse is barely respected at all on the vine. In part I suppose it's the writers fault, he's written to be the dumbest brilliant character I know of. Thanos has the biggest following on this particular site. Not necessarily fanboys, but it's sorta a common theme to choose him over other combatants.

so is this a stomp? if so i'll add gladiator

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: I agree it'd be a better fight but current Kyle is a beast. He could take Thanos without prep. Surfer would be the biggest threat because of his speed. Green Lanterns have awful track records vs Flashes, so Norrin might be the biggest advantage. I think he could be stalled long enough for Kyle to man up and do what needs to be done. Thor, would be the weakest link on that team. It wouldn't be a stomp either way but I'd be inclined to take Kyles team. Honestly. Unless theres prep.

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: I agree it'd be a better fight but current Kyle is a beast. He could take Thanos without prep. Surfer would be the biggest threat because of his speed. Green Lanterns have awful track records vs Flashes, so Norrin might be the biggest advantage. I think he could be stalled long enough for Kyle to man up and do what needs to be done. Thor, would be the weakest link on that team. It wouldn't be a stomp either way but I'd be inclined to take Kyles team. Honestly. Unless theres prep.

the new guardian team can take thanos???? ive read every issue, what have they shown to make you think they could take thanos???

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have not read any of the new Kyle so i'll repeat Convientlie question:

what have they( or Kyle) shown to make you think they could take thanos???

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@convenientlie: He has the power to affect peoples emotions. He could literally instill fear or love in hearts. Thanos' for example. As just a green lantern he explained how if he lacked morality it'd be simple to split atoms, especially if he wasn't worried about containing it. Plus as the White Lantern, he's shown as basically the white lantern space "messiah of all living things". And he had the power to prevent killing or harm. Morals off, using his powers not limited to plot, he's in another league than Thanos.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: He can control peoples emotions, draw upon the other ES energies, could split atoms easily as a Green Lantern, could open portals to anywhere, heals an entire planet and In New Guardians (20) he literally prevented soldiers from killing and instilled love in their hearts to stop violence. In the future he's known as the "messiah".. There are other feats but I really haven't kept up with Kyle and the New Guardians. Larfleeze alone is no joke if he's not jobbing. Ganthet referred to Kyles power over all the rings as an anomaly. Being the white lantern alone gave him "godlike" abilities. And he's currently the White Lantern. Morals off, no prep, I don't see how the Mad Titan could do anything to him. So far only the First Lantern whos >>>> Thanos has been able to affect Kyle, and he lost in the end (duh).

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@convenientlie: He has the power to affect peoples emotions. He could literally instill fear or love in hearts. Thanos' for example. As just a green lantern he explained how if he lacked morality it'd be simple to split atoms, especially if he wasn't worried about containing it. Plus as the White Lantern, he's shown as basically the white lantern space "messiah of all living things". And he had the power to prevent killing or harm. Morals off, using his powers not limited to plot, he's in another league than Thanos.

oh man, idk. i'll make that thread but i dont think it'll end well. thanos fans on here are craaaaazy.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: He can control peoples emotions, draw upon the other ES energies, could split atoms easily as a Green Lantern, could open portals to anywhere, heals an entire planet and In New Guardians (20) he literally prevented soldiers from killing and instilled love in their hearts to stop violence. In the future he's known as the "messiah".. There are other feats but I really haven't kept up with Kyle and the New Guardians. Larfleeze alone is no joke if he's not jobbing. Ganthet referred to Kyles power over all the rings as an anomaly. Being the white lantern alone gave him "godlike" abilities. And he's currently the White Lantern. Morals off, no prep, I don't see how the Mad Titan could do anything to him. So far only the First Lantern whos >>>> Thanos has been able to affect Kyle, and he lost in the end (duh).

I need to read more DC i guess. I don't know the power levels of a white lantern. i know they are the most powerful but i don't know anything their blast power or durability etc. But i know they stomp this current battle.

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just made the new guardians vs Thanos thread. i'll see u there

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh man, idk. i'll make that thread but i dont think it'll end well. thanos fans on here are craaaaazy.

To be fair they have reason to. Thanos with prep is nigh-unstoppable. Thanos without prep slapped around a Power Gem enhanced Thor like nothing. He makes Silver Surfer is bit*h.

@pooty said:

I need to read more DC i guess. I don't know the power levels of a white lantern. i know they are the most powerful but i don't know anything their blast power or durability etc. But i know they stomp this current battle.

Kyle as a regular Green Lantern is already a monster. By no means could he have defeated Thanos. But adding those feats with his power over all the spectrums AND now being the White Lantern... He's a new animal with untapped potential. It's like the difference between Thanos with prep and without it.. Or lol Ig..

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01: the thread already has a guy saying thanos puts down the team pretty hard.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By spiderbuck1

@convenientlie said:

To be fair they have reason to. Thanos with prep is nigh-unstoppable. Thanos without prep slapped around a Power Gem enhanced Thor like nothing. He makes Silver Surfer is bit*h.

@pooty said:

Kyle as a regular Green Lantern is already a monster. By no means could he have defeated Thanos. But adding those feats with his power over all the spectrums AND now being the White Lantern... He's a new animal with untapped potential. It's like the difference between Thanos with prep and without it.. Or lol Ig..

Key word here. Not enough feats to indicate him being anymore than a really stacked lantern with numerous rings.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderbuck: that'd be fine if the feats he has shown didn't already give him the advantage. Controlling other Emo spec power, protecting life, being the messiah of life, numerously being statements of "godlike" and "nothing he can't do" sort. Sorry I wasn't done lol. Even as a green lantern he could split atoms easily. Bfr is an option for him not that he'd need it. Thanos is obsessed with Death. Kyle being the White Lantern and living embodiment of life would be his worst nightmare. He does obviously need more feats but given the tone of his power and its potential, then 86ing morality and declining prep. He wouldn't lose this fight. Or many others IMO.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderbuck: that'd be fine if the feats he has shown didn't already give him the advantage. Controlling other Emo spec power, protecting life, being the messiah of life, numerously being statements of "godlike" and "nothing he can't do" sort. Sorry I wasn't done lol. Even as a green lantern he could split atoms easily. Bfr is an option for him not that he'd need it. Thanos is obsessed with Death. Kyle being the White Lantern and living embodiment of life would be his worst nightmare. He does obviously need more feats but given the tone of his power and its potential, then 86ing morality and declining prep. He wouldn't lose this fight. Or many others IMO.

The Guardian's say alot of things. Ganthet said he was >> Spectre .... doesn't make it true. Smashing a bunch of canon fodder 3rd Army goons and some Guardian hyperbole is not enough to convince me he can take Thanos.

I'm curious to say that others will say about WL Kyle vs Thanos.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderbuck: Since Parallax, Ion, Nekron and untapped power have always been useless.. Oh wait. The guy can tap into every colors power. He's healed a an entire planet, the ony character shown to really mess with him has been Volthoom and he is easily more powerful than Thanos. He's a universal threat.

I do agree we do need more feats from Kyle to be sure, but a lack of feats shouldn't equal a Thanos win. Imo

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By spiderbuck1

Apoc can go back in time to before Kyle got his powers and kill him then.

Also, what @ghostravage said.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By GhostRavage

@spiderbuck: Since Parallax, Ion, Nekron and untapped power have always been useless.. Oh wait. The guy can tap into every colors power. He's healed a an entire planet, the ony character shown to really mess with him has been Volthoom and he is easily more powerful than Thanos. He's a universal threat.

I do agree we do need more feats from Kyle to be sure, but a lack of feats shouldn't equal a Thanos win. Imo

Thanos is a multiversal threat. He has taken on everybody twice, once he even took out LT. Thanos is a unique entity who isn't able to die, followed by been one of the most cunning characters, i can even say his will is equal if not greater than Hal... Also, cosmic projection, been the living expression of durability and a prep master. It doesn't always come to powerset but what can he actually achieve with what the character has... My point is, don't put Thanos as a simple universal threat because his feats shows otherwise...

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: Thanos has never been a multiversal threat. There's soo much wrong with this post idk where to start. He's a planet buster at base. There's not prep here and he's not defeated everyone twice. I agree about him being very cunning and his willpower rivaling Hal. But I don't see Hal as superior than Kyle. And Thanos is only immune to death BECAUSE of Death in his universe.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@supermanwithatan01: I see you didn't get my post... Look... Thanos IG took on everybody but LT and Thanos HOTU took on everybody including LT. And you referred to powerset while i told you its not always about powerset but what you can do with what you have. Thanos with Prep has taken on the Marvelverse twice. That makes him potentially a multiversal threat. I've never mentioned anything about this thread, i referred about your comment of Thanos just being a universal threat while his biggest feats proves you wrong.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: yeah but You're wrong. Thanos with the HotU fixed the Universal flaw. It wasn't really impressive since in Marvel the End #6 he states that he was always meant to have the power. Predestined. The living tribunal didn't bother with Thanos because he wasn't a threat to the Multiverse. And as for the Infinity Gauntlet, it's universal as well. The LT could turn the power on and off as he saw fit. Thanos has never been a multiversal threat. That has little to do with this battle but there are threads that specifically answer that question on this site.

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle