Kyle Rayner (White Lantern) vs Richard Rider (Nova Prime)

Darksider555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Darksider555
No Caption Provided

Rules:

-Random encounter

-Morals off

-Takes place in space

No Caption Provided

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Kyle

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

kyle

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-52 feats allowed?

Darksider555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Kyle.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good fight Kyle 6.5/10

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree Kyle wins a majority, but Nova Prime won't go down easy.

Kyle 7.5/10.

ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordinaryalan: Kyle wins 10/10. He can remove Nova from existence.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle Rayner.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rayner

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Vasquez

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even Green Lantern Kyle wins easily.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordinaryalan: Kyle wins 10/10. He can remove Nova from existence.

Do you mean by manipulating the Source Code?

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

i see kyle wining 8/10.

wait this is white lantern kyle? 100/10

ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ShadowHuntR: how many time has he done it? I only know that time when he went into the source wall and found the source and unconsciously manipulated it to create oblivion.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle by a large margin.

ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere: He used the code on more than one occasion. Teleporting all the god killers was done with the Source code. He removed Oblivion from existence with it and brought back to life the brother of Mogo.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Rayner

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ShadowHuntR: I think he brought the planet to life by his white light. and can you provide some scans to back up your claims? thanks.

ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ShadowHuntR

@van_cere: He cannot bring back people to life. The Entity can, not him. It was stated a while ago. Hal was able to bring back most heroes in DC back to life because he was the host of the Entity. Kyle isn't the host of it anymore.

Here are some scans in which he does use the ''code''.

First, here is the proof he cannot bring back the dead.

''But you know no one can raise the dead, 'cept maybe Nekron''
''But you know no one can raise the dead, 'cept maybe Nekron''
Fail at bringing back Korugar.
Fail at bringing back Korugar.

Now, the use of the code :

Teleports all the Godkillers from a dozen worlds
Teleports all the Godkillers from a dozen worlds
New Guardians telling Kyle what he did is impossible to do with the ring.
New Guardians telling Kyle what he did is impossible to do with the ring.

Brings the Source wall to Earth.
Brings the Source wall to Earth.

Kyle's first use of the code was to create Oblivion. He is than able to remove him from existance.
Kyle's first use of the code was to create Oblivion. He is than able to remove him from existance.
Kyle trying to kill himself than finds the ring back on his finger. Doesn't know if the ring came back because he wanted it to or simply caused it to happen.
Kyle trying to kill himself than finds the ring back on his finger. Doesn't know if the ring came back because he wanted it to or simply caused it to happen.
Able to see the memories of the whole planet. He says after that it wasn't done with the ring. He than realized that he create life without knowing it.
Able to see the memories of the whole planet. He says after that it wasn't done with the ring. He than realized that he create life without knowing it.
Kyle says he cannot bring back the dead to life again but finds himself able to revive Raga.
Kyle says he cannot bring back the dead to life again but finds himself able to revive Raga.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ShadowHuntR: this is all fine and dandy and I can just go to his respect thread to view them instead of you copying them which is a waste of your time, but thanks all the same.

though he never actually said it was because of his power over the source that made him do what he did, all he said was that he did not know how he did it.

and all your scans seem to be incomplete, for example, you did not even show that it was him that brought the wall there in the first place, and all of the scans are vague except the one where he was actually right in front of the wall and created a version of himself.

ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere: First of all, I didn't copy those scans from the respect thread. I've got my own, thank you. Oh and next time, don't ask scans then.

For the Source wall, it just appeared out of nowhere. Carol doesn't understand how Kyle brought it there.

And if they are vague, it's probably because you didn't read the comic in the first place. I'm not going to put the whole comic in here. That's up to you to buy it if you want to know a bit about Kyle.

Before he went in the Source, his power was limited. He couldn't bring people back to life, he couldn't create life either. Now that he went inside the Source wall, things changed. And they have changed since he got the Source code. All those feats happened after he got out of the Source wall. He doesn't know how he did most of those feats because it isn't part of his original powers as the White lantern. He doesn't know how having those codes affects him either. Kyle just doesn't know what the hell is going on because he never had that kind of power before (and he did become HOG Ion with incredible power before). The Guardians were clear that it wasn't part of his powers as the White Lantern and the only ''power-up'' he had was going into the Source and finding the code.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ShadowHuntR: first, I thought you copied them from that respect thread and was telling you you did not have to waste your time because normally I just post the link. though and I thanked you for it. seriously, calm down, do not take that sentence the wrong way. now that I think about it, it was extremely rude. and I apologize.

second, I wanted to buy the comic but then I heard that the writer said the GLs did not change, they still were the same as the pre 52 lanterns and I lost interest.

ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShadowHuntR

@van_cere: Ok. I apologize as well. Took me some time to print those from Comixology.

They changed, in a positive way. New Guardian is definitely the best one right now, IMO. But that's probably because I always liked Kyle over Hal, John and Guy. Still, I own all the Green Lantern's comics including their Pre-52 appearences. I prefer the way they are written right now. I suggest you pick one and try it out. I'm sure you'll like it. The Lights Out arc was one of the best for me.

And just to come back on what I said, Kyle did die when he used his knowledge of the Source code. He destroyed himself and Oblivion but he was brought back to life by unknown means. The Guardians did mention that the Universe needed him.

No Caption Provided