Kyle Rayner vs Wonder Woman

• 174 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Experio
No Caption Provided

Vs

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Standard gear
  • Morals off
  • Green Lantern Kyle
  • Wonder Woman has access to Pre and New 52 feats
  • Random encounter
  • Win by Death, KO or incapacitation

• Begin visible
  • 20 feet apart
  • Battlefield Kunlun
No Caption Provided

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been done. Kyle wins.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle would beat WW lol

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle 10/10

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#8 frozen  Moderator
asIsuspected

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought Diana's speed would be too much for Kyle... Everyone seemed to agree on Kyle wining this which makes me wonder are we talking about regular green lantern Kyle or white lantern? WW strength and insane combat speed was enough to hold her own against 2 kryptonians recently. How come she loses to 1 green lanter?

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Experio

@highaccuser: Not with my stipulations, though it was good to clarify the consensus since 4 yrs ago the majority of viner's believed Wonder Woman would win

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By XiiX
Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sy8000

@experio said:

@highaccuser: Not with my stipulations, though it was good to clarify the consensus since 4 yrs ago the majority of viner's believed Wonder Woman would win

The only stipulation is that Wonder Woman gets new 52 feats, which aren't nearly enough to turn the tide here.

I always thought Diana's speed would be too much for Kyle... Everyone seemed to agree on Kyle wining this which makes me wonder are we talking about regular green lantern Kyle or white lantern? WW strength and insane combat speed was enough to hold her own against 2 kryptonians recently. How come she loses to 1 green lanter?

Kyle reacted to an object moving at 7 times the speed of light. This isn't white lantern(I think). She loses because Kyle is more powerful and verse than kryptonians.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio: Also, aren't you the guy who said"magic winds" from Thor can beat Wonder Woman?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio: There was a thread bumped up a while ago with other top debaters like dondave and saren and ancient_of_days even saying Kyle would beat Diana.It's been done

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 frozen  Moderator

@experio said:

It's changed now, the perception of Wonder Woman's power has gone down. This is because she is not really that powerful, but moreso skilled and fast.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Experio

@highaccuser: And changing the tides wasn't my aim, confirming the consensus on current times was.

The stipulation was different enough to make another thread of the battle

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Experio
Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@highaccuser: And changing the tides wasn't my aim, confirming the consensus on current times was.

The stipulation was different enough to make another thread of the battle.

In the other thread, the experts poined out why Diana is outclassed.

@frozen said:

@experio said:

It's changed now, the perception of Wonder Woman's power has gone down. This is because she is not really that powerful, but moreso skilled and fast.

No, perception of the lanterns has gone up I think. I haven't seen any change in perception about Wonder Woman.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Experio

@highaccuser: reaverlation just pointed that out, wouldn't have made this thread had I been there

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@highaccuser: reaverlation just pointed that out, wouldn't have made this thread had I been there

It's fine. Here's a link if you're curious:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/wonder-woman-vs-green-lantern-kyle-rayner-540011/?page=2

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DemonKnights

Wonder Woman isn't weaker. She hasnt gone up against a certain weight and failed to lift it.

Certain people with ulterior motives and agendas use the fact that she has a write who's focused on mythology, Gods, Amazon's, and great story telling without caring or focusing on feats, to twist and spin that into "wonder woman is weaker now". Even though that's unfounded and UN true.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 frozen  Moderator

@agent41 said:

@frozen said:

@experio said:

do you really think that pre 52 wonder woman was not very powerful?.

She was, not to the extent people like to think, her showings are skill and equipment.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ZhuRong

I think people create these threads intending to thrash Wonder Woman. Just sad. Why can't yall go find another hero to downplay?

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think people create these threads intending to thrash Wonder Woman. Just sad. Why can't yall go find another hero to downplay?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 frozen  Moderator

@zhurong said:

Like who, Thor?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@highaccuser: The idea of winds winning is not unheard of. Barry Allen spammed winds with his fists on New-52 Supergirl, less than light-speed and she was dazed because of it.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh.

Some people just pull stuff out of their...ears.

Nowhere does it say how fast the winds that hit Kara were. NOWHERE.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The biggest irony about this is that New 52 Kyle loses horribly.

Pre-52 Kyle wins rather easily.

Wonder Woman just doesn't deal well with versatile ranged opponents.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@highaccuser: The idea of winds winning is not unheard of. Barry Allen spammed winds with his fists on New-52 Supergirl, less than light-speed and she was dazed becaeuse of it.

Because Flashes have always affected class 100++foes with cyclones, but never beat them with one(that I know of), not to mention new 52 Supergirl is so far below Wonder Woman it's rather laughable.

On top of that, this is Thor(who can't beat Wonder Woman period), not Barry. He'd need much more than a low level power he rarely uses to beat her.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ZhuRong

Thor is a confusing character, one minute he can defeat people like Glory and Silver Surfer then the next minute struggle to put Hulk or Beta Ray Bill down.

The durability of New 52 kryptonians is so poor that it is not even funny. You can hit them in the head with a bat and they probably would be dazed by it.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@boringperson said:

The biggest irony about this is that New 52 Kyle loses horribly.

Pre-52 Kyle wins rather easily.

Wonder Woman just doesn't deal well with versatile ranged opponents.

New-52 Kyle = Pre-52 Kyle.

@highaccuser said:

@frozen said:

@highaccuser: The idea of winds winning is not unheard of. Barry Allen spammed winds with his fists on New-52 Supergirl, less than light-speed and she was dazed becaeuse of it.

Because Flashes have always affected class 100++foes with cyclones, but never beat them with one(that I know of), not to mention new 52 Supergirl is so far below Wonder Woman it's rather laughable.

On top of that, this is Thor(who can't beat Wonder Woman period), not Barry. He'd need much more than a low level power he rarely uses to beat her.

So far below, in the same story Diana said they are comparable in strength and speed. Those same cyclones nearly knocked her out, and there wasn't any proof to it going light-speed considering Barry has not once thrown an IMP in the New-52. Same Barry, who was so tired he said he wants to never vibrate again before getting attakced by Kara.

I think Thor could beat WW but that's another thread for another time, just pointing out the Mjolnir/wind argument.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 frozen  Moderator
@zhurong said:

Thor is a confusing character, one minute he can defeat people like Glory and Silver Surfer then the next minute struggle to put Hulk or Beta Ray Bill down.

The durability of New 52 kryptonians is so poor that it is not even funny. You can hit them in the head with a bat and they probably would be dazed by it.

The durability is garbage, moreso Superman who seems to get smacked around in every comic despite benching planets, his strength and durability have very poor correlation.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Statements mean nothing. Supergirl said she was as powerful as Superman but got owned by a copy.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen:

So far below, in the same story Diana said they are comparable in strength and speed. Those same cyclones nearly knocked her out, and there wasn't any proof to it going light-speed considering Barry has not once thrown an IMP in the New-52.

New 52, and only an unsupported statement rather than an admission. She proceeded to stomp her. Pre-new 52 Wonder Woman easily beat Supergirl(under Loebs pen no less).

I know you don't like her, but don't be absurd.

It doesn't matter what speed they were going at, we know Barry has sent superman flying with updrafts.

I think Thor could beat WW but that's another thread, just pointing out the Mjolnir/wind argument.

And I'm pointing out that "magic winds" are insufficent to to beat Wonder Woman.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DemonKnights

Reading people's comments is funny.

Flash makes some tornado winds with his arms and nowhere in the comic does it say how fast they are. But then come to comicvine and there's people making up random things like that the winds weren't going a certain speed when there's NO WAY to know cause it wasn't mentioned!

Then same people see that Kara is dizzy and turn that into" Omg, did you see her, it almost knocked her out". Yeesh. Why not just make your user name" I hate diana and Kara" .

Next time I see my nephew get dizzy from turning in circles (like 4 year olds lik to do) I'm gonna tell my sister to check him for concussions cause he was almost knocked out...

Nah

Rolling my eyes

The hate is real...absurd and pathetic...but real

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@highaccuser:

New 52, and only an unsupported statement rather than an admission. She proceeded to stomp her. Pre-new 52 Wonder Woman easily beat Supergirl(under Loebs pen no less).

It was an admission. Wonder Woman made the admission but said she's more skilled, which she was. Loeb, has also written Wonder Woman to own Supergirl and Superman to own her too.

I know you don't like her, but don't be absurd.

Baseless, considering I once had a CAV in which I argued for Wonder Woman against Captain Marvel (the latter being a character I like more).

It doesn't matter what speed they were going at, we know Barry has sent superman flying with updrafts.

Sure, you can try and argue that, but Barry was tired while he did this.

@zhurong said:

Statements mean nothing. Supergirl said she was as powerful as Superman but got owned by a copy.

This is not what happened. Wonder Woman fought Supergirl. Owned her. Then told her they are similar in strength and speed but not skill.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Been done before, several times btw, and Diana still wins because the GL success rate against people in Diana's weight class is terrible.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Kyle

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 frozen  Moderator

There is a way to know. Below light speed. Barry has not even thrown an IMP yet.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@outside_85 said:

Been done before, several times btw, and Diana still wins because the GL success rate against people in Diana's weight class is terrible.

It was done and Kyle won handily. The evidence provided for Kyle made it into a clear win. The only evidence provided was Wonder Woman beating a featless Lantern.

This is akin to me saying Kyle Rayner beat an Amazonian, and now Amozian success rate is terrible because of that.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DemonKnights

IMP is not a wind tornado. There is no correlation. Lol this is ridiculous to even have to explain.

Barry has gone FTL. But that doesn't mean I'm going to say something stupid like oh hey look Barry made wind tornados with his hands and I bet they are going faster than ligh bexause barry has gone faster than light. That would be freaking stupid of me, considering that the speed was NEVER mentioned.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle beats dat Amazonian booty

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if we using current Kyle then WW should take this. WW was able to break Hal's constructs with no effort. New 52 Lanterns aren't very impressive. I remember a Sinestro vs WW thread where most people went for the latter with good reasoning.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Outside_85

@frozen: Yes it was done, and Diana won:

No Caption Provided

Plus you really are in no shortage of people you can mention that's in Diana's weight class that stomps all over any lantern they come across with little to no bother.

You are ofc welcome to provide some PIS-free scans of Kyle or some other Lanterns managing to hang ten with the likes of her.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle wins. He can react to her. And if it's new 52 He stomps

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even know what's being debated here.

But Kyle still handily

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@outside_85: So, sucker punching someone is considered a win? Wow..

In the same story, she admitted she could not even beat Superman without help in combat. From the link I've been provided from the previous thread, Kyle absoloutely won because of the far better on-panel, quantifable and outright better feats he has....which were never countered.

Every single scan to as why Kyle wins was presented, explained and detailed.

I am of course, welcome to refresh your memory of this thread.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/wonder-woman-vs-green-lantern-kyle-rayner-540011/?page=2

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: It's a win because Diana actually has a brain.