Lazer Eyes
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Kyle stomps if some body replies I will tell them why.

alexandrinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By alexandrinus

Yeh. Superman goes down. The green lanter ring still is the most powerful weapon on the Dc Universe rigth? You can do almost anything with it. The limits are the users imagination.
RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RisingBean
@dccomicsrule2011 said:

I'm interested. Thus....."Superman wins."
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
@RisingBean said:
@dccomicsrule2011 said:
I'm interested. Thus....."Superman wins."
Kyle  wins easy if he plays his chips right and use his prep he can win By BFR he can BFR Supes in a red sun.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Kyle.

departed402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By departed402

Kyle. The prep really works in his favor.
RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RisingBean
@dccomicsrule2011:  Am I reading the scans wrong or is Kyle simple teleporting people at will? If so is there a maximum distance he can move a person?  

If he can teleport people at will, moving Superman to a red sun system would definitely move things into his favor.  

At any rate, my knowledge of Kyle only extends to about Green Lantern issue 85 (or about 34 issues.) He does seem to have gotten more powerful since then.
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By YoungGunna

Kyle...

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
@RisingBean said:
@dccomicsrule2011:  Am I reading the scans wrong or is Kyle simple teleporting people at will? If so is there a maximum distance he can move a person?   If he can teleport people at will, moving Superman to a red sun system would definitely move things into his favor.     At any rate, my knowledge of Kyle only extends to about Green Lantern issue 85 (or about 34 issues.) He does seem to have gotten more powerful since then.
Gl has teleported to Oa in second so i say Kyle does not have a limit on how far he can teleport Gl can teleport easy but they do not do it often that is why I said if they play there chips right If they do they can easily teleport Supes in a red sun with 15 minutes prep he can make a bubble and block the sun radiation and keep Supes powerless.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By King_Saturn
Green Lantern Kyle Rayner should win here... the Versatility of the GL Power Ring is too much for someone like The Man of Steel... especially when held by an Elite Lantern...
departed402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By departed402

I'm surprised a Superman fan hasn't stepped up to defend his honor. Maybe the prep time has scared them away? I don't blame them; giving Rayner 15 minutes to plan and will whatever he can think of would be pretty devestating.
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By YoungGunna
@departed402 said:

I'm surprised a Superman fan hasn't stepped up to defend his honor. Maybe the prep time has scared them away? I don't blame them; giving Rayner 15 minutes to plan and will whatever he can think of would be pretty devestating.
Actually me too... but it would be to a loss as Kyle has to many ways to win this...
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MKF30

Kyle, unless this is the SA Superman(which I'm guessing it's not based on the pic) 

Also though, can't the GL's create kryptonite if they wish?

departed402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By departed402
@MKF30
They have in the past, but I don't think we've seen it since Crisis. Anyway it looked like this...

That wasn't actually Hal, just someone who stole his ring. However, it shows that the rings could do it once upon a time. There is at least one other instance where it was done.
KahunaDrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

A post I read:

Before we begin, it is important to identify which incarnations of the characters Green Lantern and Superman we will be discussing. Pro mentioned that he will be focusing on the classic Hal Jordan as the Green Lantern, including his susceptibility to the color yellow [1]. For consistency's sake, I will focus on the classic incarnation of Clark Kent as Superman [2].

From here, I will focus solely on my opponent's contentions, as doing will clearly exhibit Superman's superiority.

Powers & Abilities

Superman's powers make him a Class 17 entity on the Super Hero Database [3], just shy of cosmic-level characters. A full list of his abilities reads like an essay [2, see: Powers and Abilities], but there are a few outstanding characteristics to point out:

• Strength: Superman's strength is currently incalculable, though it is certain that he can lift in excess of 1 million tons. Note his ability to destroy entire moons [4] and planets [5] with his base hands.
  • Speed: Superman can fly, run, and react at speeds far exceeding the speed of light. In addition to classic examples of catching bullets [6] and engaging enemies with super speed [7], he has shown the ability to escape black holes, which is capable of capturing light itself [8][9].
  • Durability: Superman can easily withstand blows from god-like villains, blasts powerful enough to destroy solar systems, and the power of an exploding sun [2, see: Invulnerability].

Combine these with numerous other abilities (including, but not limited to, heat vision, ice breath, super human senses, and advanced healing) and Superman is easily one of the most powerful characters in any comic universe.

Hal Jordan, on the other hand, is only a Class 11 entity on the SHDB [10]. Without his power ring, he has the strength, speed, and durability of a fit human male [1]. With his ring, these attributes are heightened, but nowhere close to Superman's levels. For example, while the device does grant him flight, it does not improve his reflexes and there is no evidence of Hal exceeding light speed. Furthermore, the power ring has not often been seen lifting more than roughly 100 tons, let alone planetary objects. Thirdly, Hal's durability is nowhere near that of Superman and he has suffered numerous battle injuries, even while behind shielding [11][12].

These limitations are due entirely to the fact that the ring's abilities are based entirely on the will and imagination of the user. It can create innumerable objects and do great damage, but its capabilities are inherently and unavoidably limited to the mental weaknesses and ignorance of a human mind. Superman has no such limitation.

Battle

Pro believes that Green Lantern would hold an advantage over Superman in battle. This view is incorrect for three primary reasons.

First, as mentioned previously, Superman's physical and mental reaction time is superhuman to the point of nigh-instantaneous. Thus, at his discretion, Superman is able to formulate and execute battle plans before mortal combatants can form a thought, let alone counter-attack. For all of his ring's powers, Hal Jordan is human and his ring can only operate as quickly as human thought and will-power allow. During a standard combat scenario in which both characters wish to defeat the other, Superman would be able to disarm (i.e. remove Hal's ring), incapacitate, or simply destroy his mortal opponent before a single neuron has the opportunity to fire within Hal's brain.

Second, the ability to create kryptonite does not guarantee victory over Superman. If such was the case, the numerous kryptonite-clad villains in Superman's rogues gallery (e.g. Lex Luthor, Metallo, Titano) would have destroyed him long ago. Kryptonite may hurt Superman and reduce his powers, but he largely retains his invulnerability and general abilities [13, see: Green Kryptonite]. Given the extreme power difference between these two characters, Superman would remain more than a match for Green Lantern while in a weakened state.

Third, the incarnation of Hal Jordan presented by my opponent is weak against the color yellow. Considering Superman sports this color in his costume, he could effectively and harmlessly negate any ring attacks with a simple flick of his cape [14, see: Limitations]. Combined with his incredible reaction time, this built-in shielding against Green Lantern's attacks essentially eliminates Hal's chances for success.

Jurisdiction

I must admit that I do not understand this argument. To start, Superman has battled entities and saved countless planets throughout known space and across the multiverse [2]. Indeed, his record of lives saved dwarfs that of Hal Jordan, who eventually became a super villain and mass-murderer [1, see: Parallax]. Regardless of this fact, I am lost as to how the concept of "jurisdiction" indicates any sort of superiority. I ask my opponent to elaborate on this point.

Conclusion

My opponent has presented no evidence or argument which successfully proves Green Lantern superior to Superman in any way. Not only does Superman possess nearly all of the abilities Pro listed, but he also exhibits them to a far greater extent. The one primary draw for Green Lantern - his ability to use a power ring to create objects - is unimpressive when one considers that Superman can still match or exceed the actions of these constructs with ease. Green Lantern is an interesting and unique character, but in he end he is only a man, not a Man of Steel. Resources

1. http://dc.wikia.com...(Hal_Jordan)

2. http://dc.wikia.com...(Clark_Kent)

3. http://www.superherodb.com...

4. http://media.animevice.com...

5. http://i658.photobucket.com...

6. http://i658.photobucket.com...

7. http://i658.photobucket.com...

8. http://img367.imageshack.us...

9. http://img367.imageshack.us...

10. http://www.superherodb.com...

11. http://2.bp.blogspot.com...

12. http://1.bp.blogspot.com...

13. http://superman.wikia.com...

14. http://en.wikipedia.org...(DC_Comics)

Avatar image for deactivated-579ecfa921bb2
deactivated-579ecfa921bb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@kahunadrew: I think you posted that in the wrong thread.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KahunaDrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@616vulture: Oh yeah my bad. On the flip side it didn't specify which supes.

I'll take Superman Prime with this info:

Superman's travels lasted from the 21st Century to the turn of the 700th Century. During this 679 century odyssey, he acquired vast abilities and skills from every being he met and gained perfection over all the abilities he received. He even broke through the Source Wall and studied under the Source itself, meaning he could have a portion of the Source's power or more. The true extent of abilities he received from the Source are unknown. When he returned to Earth, he forged a covenant with his descendants. In this covenant, he would bestow upon them a small fraction of his power as long as they served for truth and justice. He also gained the abilities of his lineage and magnified them with his own power (for example, the Superman of the 67th century married the queen of the 5th Dimension, GZNTPLZK, which in turn gave Superman Prime the abilities and powers of a 5th Dimension Imp). After the covenant he left and returned to his Fortress of Solitude in the center of the Super Sun. (DC One Million)

At this point before Kyle cold think of any idea, supes would fry him, or even if Kyle formed a Kryponite shield around himself Supes is simple glowing yellow at this point which nullifies any effect of a green ring. And Kryponite probably wouldn't even phase him remotely after these travels he's surely built up a tolerance.

But who know's it's all made up anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-579ecfa921bb2
deactivated-579ecfa921bb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@kahunadrew: The rule on Comcicvine is when the version is not specified you use the current version.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle all day.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh 15 min of prep skews it in Kyles favour

Dude has time to set up " Contain CSA for hours/ supernova" shields as well as amping his speed

I don't think Kyles got the speed feats though. It is possible , of course, and depending on how much you play the " he only has to think and it happens" GL card but I don't think he like has actual feats

It doesn't matter I guess, with the prep. Still , unless he starts " shielded" ,Supes is going to blitz him

Of course *if* he starts shielded, Supes Is in big big trouble

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Kyle could pull a win and knows what to expect . Since Kyle already have an idea of superman power level with the prep its a bit easier.

SinestroFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman, fairly easily lol... he is one of the strongest beings in the DC Universe and can move faster than Kyle can even think. He is also strong enough to simply smash right through Kyle's constructs, including any shielding. In my opinion, Superman takes this fight 9/10.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman, fairly easily lol... he is one of the strongest beings in the DC Universe and can move faster than Kyle can even think. He is also strong enough to simply smash right through Kyle's constructs, including any shielding. In my opinion, Superman takes this fight 9/10.

Seeing how Clark had to put everything into one punch to break Johns construct and Kyle's constructs are superior,Clark will have trouble with Kyle.And with that prep,Kyle can just create a shield made of kryptonite and watch Clark tire himself out trying to take down Kyle's shield while Kyle just takes a nap

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle Ftw.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle has the feats to easily contain Superman with his constructs but, frankly, it's unimportant since Kyle can make Kryptonite.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see this going either way. If Superman actually uses his speed advantage he could avoid most, if not all, of what Kyle throws at him. Teleportation and Kryptonite could cause problems for Supes, though. Like i said, i can see it going both ways.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle Rayner.

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom

Kyle is the only one of the lanterns who can defeat Superman in my opinion.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By NighThunder

@heirtothekingdom: Its fully within hals abilities to beat him too.

On topic kyle should beat him for a majority assuming n52 versions

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nighthunder: Not so much Has, and Pre-52 or New Kyle cab beat Superman.

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle should win with prep.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman usually beats green lanterns. i don't see why this time should be different.

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mysoulz

Although Kyle's ring didn't grant him automatic protection against mortal injury upon it's ring's creation (since Rebirth, his ring became ordinary like any other ring, so this doesn't matter anyways), Kyle should win here, especially on prep. Thanks to his ring's versatility advantage, there's so many scenarios he can think here on an easy 15 minutes of prep.

Kyle wins.

jpdag05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Curious. Why is everyone assuming supes isn't going to use his prep? Shouldn't bloodlusted supes release all the weapons in his home at the very least? Don't know a lot about current Kyle, but that seems like it might be a serious problem. Also, couldn't he get his own ring or get yellow sunlight armor? I've always thought superman has enormous prep potential despite the fact he rarely uses it in character. The few times I've seen writers have him utilize prep have been spectacular.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle beats him down

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jpdag05: i was thinking the same thing. Even though I'm pretty sure that Kyle would, I don't think that it would be an easy fight.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sanchez

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

kyle

Avatar image for the_terra_blade
The_Terra_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle

CRAZYMADMAN90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle stomps

ComicChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexandrinus, its pretty powerful but its definitely not the most powerful lmao

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

if kyle fights smart he should take it otherwise supes