kyle rayner vs stardust

blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blackadam

fight takes place in the middle of the space. 
contenders can win by any means.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Strafe Prower

Kyle ftw.

blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By blackadam

anyone else?
Avatar image for greenlantern555
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GreenLantern555

Does Kyle have ION? 

blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By blackadam
@GreenLantern555 said:
"Does Kyle have ION?  "

no, ust his recular green lanterns powers.
Avatar image for greenlantern555
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GreenLantern555
@blackadam: I'll have to think about that...
blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By blackadam
@GreenLantern555 said:
" @blackadam: I'll have to think about that... "

ok, take your time.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By sexy_merc

Kyle would win this but Stardust might make it interesting.

JCJQLB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JCJQLB
@Sexy Merc said:

" Kyle would win this but Stardust might make it interesting. "

You are right! Look at that avatar... Disgusting!
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sexy_merc
@JCJQLB said:
" @Sexy Merc said:

" Kyle would win this but Stardust might make it interesting. "

You are right! Look at that avatar... Disgusting! "
Why???

: (
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Chaos Prime

Kyle ftw

Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Kyle could handle any of the Heralds

blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By blackadam
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
"Kyle could handle any of the Heralds "

including ss?
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sexy_merc
" Kyle could handle any of the Heralds "
I don't know about current Surfer. Before the upgrade, I would give Kyle the majority though.
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sexy Merc said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
I don't know about current Surfer. Before the upgrade, I would give Kyle the majority though. "
I still haven't seen anything from current Surfer that suggests he can beat a star system-buster.

@blackadam
said:
"@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
"Kyle could handle any of the Heralds "
including ss? "
Yes 

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
" @Sexy Merc said:
I don't know about current Surfer. Before the upgrade, I would give Kyle the majority though. "
I still haven't seen anything from current Surfer that suggests he can beat a star system-buster.
Eh?
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sexy_merc
" @Sexy Merc said:
I still haven't seen anything from current Surfer that suggests he can beat a star system-buster. "
Kyle has created shields for solar system busters on more than one occasion but he's never busted one.
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sexy Merc said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
I still haven't seen anything from current Surfer that suggests he can beat a star system-buster. "
Kyle has created shields for solar system busters on more than one occasion but he's never busted one. "
Based on the Post-Crisis feat you listed you listed for John alone, I really don't see why he couldn't.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
Kyle has created shields for solar system busters on more than one occasion but he's never busted one. "
Based on the Post-Crisis feat you listed you listed for John alone, I really don't see why he couldn't. "
Probably because John Stewart currently can't even recreate a planet, let alone destroy one.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sexy_merc
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
Based on the Post-Crisis feat you listed you listed for John alone, I really don't see why he couldn't. "
I was actually wrong about that. I thought he'd done it in a JLA issue, but I couldn't find the scan.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

Anyway, Kyle Rayner is the only Lantern that could give the Surfer a run for his money, on feats alone. Granted that Johns isn't writing it, of course. He doesn't seem to hold Kyle in high regard.

The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Morpheus_ said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
Probably because John Stewart currently can't even recreate a planet, let alone destroy one. "
Kyle is pretty much the most powerful GL at the moment.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sexy_merc
@Morpheus_ said:
"  Anyway, Kyle Rayner is the only Lantern that could give the Surfer a run for his money, on feats alone. Granted that Johns isn't writing it, of course. He doesn't seem to hold Kyle in high regard. "
Indeed. Kyle still has the Ring Ganthet gave him from the start of his journey, not the new Rings modeled after him that most of the Corps hold. His feats are overlooked by writers because they probably haven't read his whole run, and I've read all his appearances.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sexy_merc

Post-Crisis, Kyle has always been the most powerful Lantern, but before the Parallax thing, Hal had some nice feats.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Sexy Merc said:

"Indeed. Kyle still has the Ring Ganthet gave him from the start of his journey, not the new Rings modeled after him that most of the Corps hold. His feats are overlooked by writers because they probably haven't read his whole run, and I've read all his appearances. "

I'm pretty sure Johns would dwarf Kyle if he got to write him regularly. Green Lantern: Rebirth seemed like an indication of that, and he simply seems to treat him in the same unimaginative manner he does with the rest of the Lanterns (and since Hal is his favourite, I can but imagine what would happen to Kyle). For having his main characters wield a weapon with nearly endless possibilities in its application, he sure does undermine them a great deal, even in simple things, such as blast power.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By King_Saturn
I had to make a double take on this thread... cause at first I thought it said Kyle Rayner vs Starheart ( as in Alan Scott )... though in truth that could make an interesting fight to some level... Kyle vs Stardust seems a little more interesting... the whole Ring Bearer versus Power Cosmic Wielders always seem to draw up an eyebrow... :P
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By sexy_merc
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Sexy Merc said:

"Indeed. Kyle still has the Ring Ganthet gave him from the start of his journey, not the new Rings modeled after him that most of the Corps hold. His feats are overlooked by writers because they probably haven't read his whole run, and I've read all his appearances. "

I'm pretty sure Johns would dwarf Kyle if he got to write him regularly. Green Lantern: Rebirth seemed like an indication of that, and he simply seems to treat him in the same unimaginative manner he does with the rest of the Lanterns (and since Hal is his favourite, I can but imagine what would happen to Kyle). For having his main characters wield a weapon with nearly endless possibilities in its application, he sure does undermine them a great deal, even in simple things, such as blast power. "
Yeah, I believe we've talked about Johns' writing more than once.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Sexy Merc said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Sexy Merc said:

I'm pretty sure Johns would dwarf Kyle if he got to write him regularly. Green Lantern: Rebirth seemed like an indication of that, and he simply seems to treat him in the same unimaginative manner he does with the rest of the Lanterns (and since Hal is his favourite, I can but imagine what would happen to Kyle). For having his main characters wield a weapon with nearly endless possibilities in its application, he sure does undermine them a great deal, even in simple things, such as blast power. "
Yeah, I believe we've talked about Johns' writing more than once. "
Indeed, but I can't help going on rants pretty much every time. Freaking Iron Man has used his armor in a greater variety of ways than Lanterns use their rings anymore.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sexy_merc
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Sexy Merc said:

Indeed, but I can't help going on rants pretty much every time. Freaking Iron Man has used his armor in a greater variety of ways than Lanterns use their rings anymore. "
Yeah, it's ridiculous. Some writers don't even know that their Rings are capable of blocking out telepaths from their heads altogether and Kyle has the best telepathic resistance feats out of every Lantern, even without his Ring.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Sexy Merc said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Sexy Merc said:

Indeed, but I can't help going on rants pretty much every time. Freaking Iron Man has used his armor in a greater variety of ways than Lanterns use their rings anymore. "
Yeah, it's ridiculous. Some writers don't even know that their Rings are capable of blocking out telepaths from their heads altogether and Kyle has the best telepathic resistance feats out of every Lantern, even without his Ring. "
You're referring to Despero? Because I am under the impression that it was also written by Johns.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sexy_merc
@Morpheus_: Did Despero mind control him (he should have failed miserably)? I know he mind controlled Hal, but I don't remember Kyle.
blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By blackadam
@Sexy Merc said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Sexy Merc said:

Yeah, it's ridiculous. Some writers don't even know that their Rings are capable of blocking out telepaths from their heads altogether and Kyle has the best telepathic resistance feats out of every Lantern, even without his Ring. "

@Morpheus_ said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Sexy Merc said:

You're referring to Despero? Because I am under the impression that it was also written by Johns. "

you can debate in here: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/kyle-rayner-vs-silver-surfer/572847/#1. i look for it, and i could not find any previous thread that involved this two fighting each other alone.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AtPhantom

Johns' writing in general suffers whenever his character's powers transcend "Hitting stuff and survive being hit at." Case in point, Spectre, Necron, Anti-Monitor, Ion, Parallax, and anyone else who is supposed to be a reality warper of the universe killing variety.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Sexy Merc said:
" @Morpheus_: Did Despero mind control him (he should have failed miserably)? I know he mind controlled Hal, but I don't remember Kyle. "
I believe he did so, during Virtue and Vice. But I have not read the story in question in order to be certain. Based on various scans from the event, I was under that belief.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@AtPhantom said:
" Johns' writing in general suffers whenever his character's powers transcend "Hitting stuff and survive being hit at." Case in point, Spectre, Necron, Anti-Monitor, Ion, Parallax, and anyone else who is supposed to be a reality warper of the universe killing variety. "
I cringe on the possibility of the Spectre confronting the Rage entity.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By sexy_merc
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @Morpheus_: Did Despero mind control him (he should have failed miserably)? I know he mind controlled Hal, but I don't remember Kyle. "
I believe he did so, during Virtue and Vice. But I have not read the story in question in order to be certain. Based on various scans from the event, I was under that belief. "
That makes no sense. He was under experimentation by the Controllers at one point. The Controllers are on par with the Guardians in telepathy, which they can use to communicate with beings in universes and can easily mindwipe high level telepaths with their powers. Kyle didn't have his Ring because he was in some vault after the experimentation and a Controller was trying to mind control him when he broke free (without his Ring) and Kyle said something along the lines of "I don't know what you did to me, but that won't work anymore."
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Sexy Merc said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
I believe he did so, during Virtue and Vice. But I have not read the story in question in order to be certain. Based on various scans from the event, I was under that belief. "
That makes no sense. He was under experimentation by the Controllers at one point. The Controllers are on par with the Guardians in telepathy, which they can use to communicate with beings in universes and can easily mindwipe high level telepaths with their powers. Kyle didn't have his Ring because he was in some vault after the experimentation and a Controller was trying to mind control him when he broke free (without his Ring) and Kyle said something along the lines of "I don't know what you did to me, but that won't work anymore." "
I'm not surprised. Pretty much everything can happen when someone doesn't research a bit more. Phantom told me that Keith Giffen once said that we (the readers) are better in terms of retaining continuity intact than writers are.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By sexy_merc
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
That makes no sense. He was under experimentation by the Controllers at one point. The Controllers are on par with the Guardians in telepathy, which they can use to communicate with beings in universes and can easily mindwipe high level telepaths with their powers. Kyle didn't have his Ring because he was in some vault after the experimentation and a Controller was trying to mind control him when he broke free (without his Ring) and Kyle said something along the lines of "I don't know what you did to me, but that won't work anymore." "
I'm not surprised. Pretty much everything can happen when someone doesn't research a bit more. Phantom told me that Keith Giffen once said that we (the readers) are better in terms of retaining continuity intact than writers are. "
He's right in my opinion. Like you and Daken for instance.

: p
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Sexy Merc said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
I'm not surprised. Pretty much everything can happen when someone doesn't research a bit more. Phantom told me that Keith Giffen once said that we (the readers) are better in terms of retaining continuity intact than writers are. "
He's right in my opinion. Like you and Daken for instance.  : p "
LOL. Daken isn't a hard character to learn everything about. He's relatively new. I consider myself more knowledgeable in other characters than him.
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#40  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

kyle easy

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers