• 80 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by marvelrules2011 (718 posts) - - Show Bio

rules
no morals
both have two hours prep
there both bloodlusted
they can BFR
who wins and why

 Kyle Rayner vs
#2 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26850 posts) - - Show Bio

kyle is to versitile kyle wins

#3 Posted by termiteone4ever (7986 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats beta ray going do win ? please 
Kyle got this

#4 Posted by chriconz123 (582 posts) - - Show Bio

BRB would take this, lanters have problems with Powerhouses that could break through their constructs. No doubt, BRB could break Kyle's. Plus the versatility of the Stormbreaker, energy manipulation and etc. BRB 7/10.

#5 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12273 posts) - - Show Bio

Donkey lips wins.

#6 Posted by King Saturn (225088 posts) - - Show Bio
this is a tough battle... I might take Green Lantern Kyle Rayner in a Tough Battle with Mystical Mr. Ed. 
#7 Posted by STR1 (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Beta Ray Bill

#8 Posted by Greendevil (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

@chriconz123 said:

BRB would take this, lanters have problems with Powerhouses that could break through their constructs. No doubt, BRB could break Kyle's. Plus the versatility of the Stormbreaker, energy manipulation and etc. BRB 7/10.

Well said

#9 Posted by eatmore_payless (2209 posts) - - Show Bio

@chriconz123 said:

BRB would take this, lanters have problems with Powerhouses that could break through their constructs. No doubt, BRB could break Kyle's. Plus the versatility of the Stormbreaker, energy manipulation and etc. BRB 7/10.

Kyle Rayner will find this battle not easy to win, because of BRB's strength he could break through Kyle's shield(constructs), plus he got the storm breaker, 8/10, the OP said he can BFR BRB, so he could just go Hyperspace jumping and let BRB's body be squashed by the pressure, or he could just throw him into a black hole

#10 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle Raynet ftw imo..
Morals on he would be able to contain BRB imo as he has shown in the past when he contained Ultraman & few others in his construct prison.
Morals off then BRB first gets his Hooves Broken then its just a matter of imagination as to the killing Blow..

#11 Posted by MutenRoshi (850 posts) - - Show Bio

The ring is an incredible weapon, however Lantern's miss those speed feats that other DC heroes got, plus Lanterns forcefields have been easily shattered/broke in the past and when you get in close and down and dirty these humans with green trinkets and humans are not very durable

Also Geoffcon made a lot of Lanterns job out lately to a power drain

Despite Kyle being a top Lantern with some amazing feats he's also been punked too many time now
so I see Bill taking a large majority

Kyle won't win this

BRB takes a big majority
#12 Posted by demifiend (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

kyle!!! 

#13 Posted by eatmore_payless (2209 posts) - - Show Bio

@demifiend said:

kyle!!!

let me guess... because he's hot?

#14 Edited by demifiend (3562 posts) - - Show Bio
@eatmore_payless said:

@demifiend said:

kyle!!!

let me guess... because he's hot?

well he is really hot. but i think he is too versality to brb.  it wont be easy tough. in fact even a top lanter will be a problem to beings like supes.
by the way. i dont want to imagine what secret weapon mr donkey face has. you know what i mean.
#15 Posted by YoungGunna (2439 posts) - - Show Bio
 @chriconz123 said:

lanters have problems with Powerhouses that could break through their constructs.No doubt, BRB could break Kyle's.

Only under one particular clueless writer, irrelevant anyways seeing as EVERYTHING including Pre Crisis is still in continuity for Lanterns. 
And you do know that Lanterns have MUCH more to bring to  the table then just big boxing glove constructs or baseball bat constructs or whatever, right?
 
@chriconz123 said:

Plus the versatility of the Stormbreaker, energy manipulation and etc. BRB 7/10.

Wha-? When has Beta Ray Bill with Stormbreaker every shown more versatility than Kyle with his ring? BRB fights like a brick occasionally mixing in generic blasts in mid battle, while Kyle consistently always brings more to the table. Also don't know where you getting BRB being a superior energy manipulator than Kyle either.



@MutenRoshi said:

The ring is an incredible weapon, however Lantern's miss those speed feats that other DC heroes got, 

Nope, Green Lanterns have on panel nanosecond reaction feats and a solid record against speedsters. You pretty much don't know what your talking about=) 
 
@MutenRoshi said:

 plus Lanterns forcefields have been easily shattered/broke in the past and when you get in close and down and dirty these humans with green trinkets and humans are not very durable

Wrong,t he only time their natural durability becomes a handicap is for plot convenience while facing street level or vastly out powered competition(this becomes a complete moot point when you consider that despite not having this weakness, heralds also under perform in a categorical fashion against street level opponents -Spiderman v Firelord, Acme brick v surfer, surfer v armbar - ).   

Green Lantern durability/auto shields feats are EASILY on par with top tier characters - A newb Green Lantern who had literally just got his ring, fell into a Black Hole and was unharmed but couldn't summon enough willpower to escape under his own power. Then two slightly better GLs show up and are trying to rescue a ship caught in the pull of said black hole, again, they manage to rescue the ship but get pulled in themselves and their autoshields hold up just fine. Then Kilowog shows up, yanks the ship and the two other GLs straight out of the black hole with no problem.
Kyle Rayner contained an exploding sun in a shield with a lot of effort in the DC 1,000,000 storyline and tanked a Galaxy busting anti matter wave.  
John Stewart and J'onn J'onz were caught in an exploding solar system and only the autoshields protected them because John was having a mental breakdown at the time.  
Gat Re took an exploding planet to the face while blinded and was largely unphased(Kilowog had a similar feat).  
Hal has tank black holes, planets exploding all around him, protected himself and others from a super nova, and laughed off moon vaporizing blasts.
Heck, the combined GLC have a feat of containing a galaxy busting explosion during the Sinestro War. -
  
Your claim of Lantern having exploitable durability is unsupported and ridiculous.
 
@MutenRoshi said: 
Also Geoffcon made a lot of Lanterns job out lately to a power drain
Your basing this off of Johns? T he opinion of one writer, no matter how pervasive his work with the characters is, doesn't represent the entirity of that character's history. That's the advantage of CONTINUITY, son. It ALL COUNTS.
And the only times Lanterns have there rings drained is through plot devices(Manhunters), BRB can NOT drain top tier Lanterns rings, the will power responsive nature of the energy would allow Kyle to keep hold of it. Unless a course you have feats that puts BRB's willpower above Kyle's?   
As if draining isn't a two way street here, all the energy from Thor's hammer has also been totally drained by Katie Power, of the Power Pack.
  
@MutenRoshi said: 
Despite Kyle being a top Lantern with some amazing feats he's also been punked too many time now
Seriously? You just showed a scan of Kyle getting punked by a powerhouse WITHOUT his ring after you just admitted that they have puny durability when ring less, now think about that for a sec and then tell me how much sense that makes, honestly?  
 
@MutenRoshi said: 
Kyle won't win this
Yes he can and will IMO. Kyle has shown he is capable of creating top tier level constructs( that was handling Superman and Bataman simultaneously) and being able to completely drain the kinetic energy out of his foes( with no morals). Not to mention Kyle is smarter with the two hours prep given.
 
@MutenRoshi said: 
BRB takes a big majority
Ugh... no. 
#16 Posted by MutenRoshi (850 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungGunna said:


@MutenRoshi said:

The ring is an incredible weapon, however Lantern's miss those speed feats that other DC heroes got,

Nope, Green Lanterns have on panel nanosecond reaction feats and a solid record against speedsters. You pretty much don't know what your talking about=)

many comics show a different picture

too slow

The ring operates on thought. move 10x the speed of thought. Game over.

Ka-Pow!@YoungGunna said:



@MutenRoshi said:

plus Lanterns forcefields have been easily shattered/broke in the past and when you get in close and down and dirty these humans with green trinkets and humans are not very durable

Wrong,t he only time their natural durability becomes a handicap is for plot convenience while facing street level or vastly out powered competition(this becomes a complete moot point when you consider that despite not having this weakness, heralds also under perform in a categorical fashion against street level opponents -Spiderman v Firelord, Acme brick v surfer, surfer v armbar - ).

Green Lantern durability/auto shields feats are EASILY on par with top tier characters - -

Your claim of Lantern having exploitable durability is unsupported and ridiculous.

Its well supported

most of the Lanterns featuring in DC are one with human levels of durability and once you get past a Lanterns shields they are toast

Kilowag etc being exceptions to this human durability rule

#17 Posted by YoungGunna (2439 posts) - - Show Bio
@MutenRoshi:  
Both of your scans of them being to slow aren't in continuity( one being from the future), fail. 
 
What comic is that bottom scan from? And do you also take Batman being able to harm Spectre and Darkseid seriously?
#18 Posted by jashro44 (25342 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungGunna: Its the famous 1 punch. Basically guy is being a dick and challenges batman. I believe he took his ring off and then batman sucker punched him taking him out in 1 blow.

#19 Posted by YoungGunna (2439 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashro44 said:

@YoungGunna: Its the famous 1 punch. Basically guy is being a dick and challenges batman. I believe he took his ring off and then batman sucker punched him taking him out in 1 blow.

Ok, thanks man. 
#20 Posted by wkar (211 posts) - - Show Bio

This is Beta Ray Bill

#21 Posted by SPM1M (897 posts) - - Show Bio

BRB is constantly at thors level i dont know how kyle would win this BRB with morals of would over power him

#22 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio

No Morales and BRB murders him in a few seconds.

#23 Posted by wkar (211 posts) - - Show Bio

Beta Ray Bill wins.

#24 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@Greendevil said:

@chriconz123 said:

BRB would take this, lanters have problems with Powerhouses that could break through their constructs. No doubt, BRB could break Kyle's. Plus the versatility of the Stormbreaker, energy manipulation and etc. BRB 7/10.

Well said

And / or Godblast :) Soul stealing , time manipulation and the list goes on.. Hammer rocks! :)

#25 Posted by Greendevil (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Greendevil said:

@chriconz123 said:

BRB would take this, lanters have problems with Powerhouses that could break through their constructs. No doubt, BRB could break Kyle's. Plus the versatility of the Stormbreaker, energy manipulation and etc. BRB 7/10.

Well said

And / or Godblast :) Soul stealing , time manipulation and the list goes on.. Hammer rocks! :)

:D

#26 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@Greendevil said:

@Killemall said:

@Greendevil said:

@chriconz123 said:

BRB would take this, lanters have problems with Powerhouses that could break through their constructs. No doubt, BRB could break Kyle's. Plus the versatility of the Stormbreaker, energy manipulation and etc. BRB 7/10.

Well said

And / or Godblast :) Soul stealing , time manipulation and the list goes on.. Hammer rocks! :)

:D

I didnt mean MC hammer i meant BRB's hammer the storm breaker, but awww ^_^

#27 Posted by Greendevil (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall:LAWL :D

#28 Posted by KainScion (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Donkey lips wins.

#29 Edited by demifiend (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

@wkar: nice scans, what issue is that? BRB vs stardust

#30 Posted by wkar (211 posts) - - Show Bio

@demifiend said:

@wkar: nice scans, what issue is that? BRB vs stardust

i don't know.

#31 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
@demifiend said:

@wkar: nice scans, what issue is that? BRB vs stardust

First set is from Stormbreaker, the second is from Godhunter.
Moderator
#32 Edited by thanobomb1124 (2020 posts) - - Show Bio

A GL ring vs Stormbreaker? lol.beta ray bill wins.

#33 Posted by YoungGunna (2439 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
No Morales and BRB murders him in a few seconds.
Lulz, really? Kyle could suck all of the kinetic energy from Bill's body then one shot him or with the prep given he could create an army of duplicate clones - ONE single construct of himself was handing both Superman and Batman. So... no, BRB isn't destroying anyone here.   
 
@Killemall said:

@Greendevil said:

@chriconz123 said:

BRB would take this, lanters have problems with Powerhouses that could break through their constructs. No doubt, BRB could break Kyle's. Plus the versatility of the Stormbreaker, energy manipulation and etc. BRB 7/10.

Well said

And / or Godblast :) Soul stealing , time manipulation and the list goes on.. Hammer rocks! :)

When has BRB used Stormbreaker to soul steal, god blast, or manipulate time? I know he's capable of doing so but how would he know? 
 
And Lanterns can manipulate soul energy also, Kilowog has done so on a planetary scale by absorbing every beings soul from his planet into his ring( in the billions), Kyle has manipulated his mother's soul on a couple of occasions actually, Hal has created energy akin to those of dying souls ect. 
They manipulate time pretty casually also, in some instances on extremely high scales.  
 
@thanobomb1124 said:
A GL ring vs Stormbreaker? lol.beta ray bill wins.
What has the Stormbreaker done that a GL ring hasn't?
#34 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

@Greendevil: Well said twice.

#35 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungGunna said:

@Thor's hammmer said:
No Morales and BRB murders him in a few seconds.
Lulz, really? Kyle could suck all of the kinetic energy from Bill's body then one shot him or with the prep given he could create an army of duplicate clones - ONE single construct of himself was handing both Superman and Batman. So... no, BRB isn't destroying anyone here.

@Killemall said:

@Greendevil said:

@chriconz123 said:

BRB would take this, lanters have problems with Powerhouses that could break through their constructs. No doubt, BRB could break Kyle's. Plus the versatility of the Stormbreaker, energy manipulation and etc. BRB 7/10.

Well said

And / or Godblast :) Soul stealing , time manipulation and the list goes on.. Hammer rocks! :)

When has BRB used Stormbreaker to soul steal, god blast, or manipulate time? I know he's capable of doing so but how would he know?

And Lanterns can manipulate soul energy also, Kilowog has done so on a planetary scale by absorbing every beings soul from his planet into his ring( in the billions), Kyle has manipulated his mother's soul on a couple of occasions actually, Hal has created energy akin to those of dying souls ect.
They manipulate time pretty casually also, in some instances on extremely high scales.

Just replying to my part:

1. Beta Ray Bill might not have used godblast before but he has used time manipulation in 2 occasions IIRC. But since his and thor’s hammer are the same he should be able to use it. In regards to does he know how to use it? I mean thor did not have to know how to use it, he wasn’t taught by anyone he just used it so I am assuming BRB can (in other words I am speculating he could).

2. I have seen Kyle put superman’s soul back in him but that doesn’t mean he can put his own soul back if his soul is manipulated. Yes if he had someone to help him do it he can else I don’t think he can. Besides if your soul is taken out of your body you can’t move your own body and hence can’t use your ring. Therefore if BRB rotates his hammer and absorbs Kyles soul he's done for. Kyle is a normal human BRB is an enchanted god i am thinking stealing his soul is going to be super difficult.

PS: As superman, black Adam, Captain Atom, Superboy prime, Superman Prime and Hensaw have all broken Gl shileds before I was of the opinion that anything kyle puts up BRB with morals off could break it. However, I didn’t know Kyle has created a construct superman and batman had to fight, I mean batman is a non-factor but if his constructs weren’t destroyed by superman than I would start worrying about Kyle in this battle. Erm, do you have an issue no or a scan about what happen. Even if you don’t could u please explain what happen, why were they fighting and did superman manage to shatter it?? Coz to me this sounds like a game changer.

#36 Posted by tensor (5095 posts) - - Show Bio

prep with bloodlust kyle all the way

#37 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@tensor said:

prep with bloodlust kyle all the way

Just curious, what would Kyle do to win?? i know he has many ways but how do you think Kyle will fight it out, just curious to see what u felt/

#38 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall said:

@tensor said:

prep with bloodlust kyle all the way

Just curious, what would Kyle do to win?? i know he has many ways but how do you think Kyle will fight it out, just curious to see what u felt/

Fighting Amazo 2000 (more scans to follow of this encounter)
#39 Posted by tensor (5095 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: easy teleport the hammer from bill or block it for a few seconds thats all he need

#40 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2020 posts) - - Show Bio

@tensor: HUH??

#41 Posted by Dex_Starr (4754 posts) - - Show Bio

Good fight, but Kyle has a better plethora of feats, he's destroyed planets with single blast, his shields can contain Supernova's which is more power than Bill can dish out. Bill has pretty impressive endurance and stamina so he can hang for a while but I seem him getting worn down faster than Kyle's shields.

Rayner wins 6-7/10

#42 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2020 posts) - - Show Bio

Show me (he's destroyed planets with single blast)

#43 Posted by The Stegman (25983 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle wins with no morals, he can create a giant axe and cut Bill's head off, create a giant sword and eviscerate him, or simply blast his head off with a concentrated ring blast

#44 Posted by MutenRoshi (850 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanobomb1124 said:

A GL ring vs Stormbreaker? lol.beta ray bill wins.

Beta Ray is a powerhouse

He defeated Thor twice

One time a weaponless Beta Ray Bill beats Thor even though Thor had his weapon

.

#45 Posted by YoungGunna (2439 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall said:

Just replying to my part:

1. Beta Ray Bill might not have used godblast before but he has used time manipulation in 2 occasions IIRC. But since his and thor’s hammer are the same he should be able to use it. In regards to does he know how to use it? I mean thor did not have to know how to use it, he wasn’t taught by anyone he just used it so I am assuming BRB can (in other words I am speculating he could).

No, I'm asking how would BRB know he possess the ability to soul steal or godblast when he's never done such a thing? 
  
@Killemall said: 

2. I have seen Kyle put superman’s soul back in him but that doesn’t mean he can put his own soul back if his soul is manipulated. Yes if he had someone to help him do it he can else I don’t think he can. Besides if your soul is taken out of your body you can’t move your own body and hence can’t use your ring. Therefore if BRB rotates his hammer and absorbs Kyles soul he's done for. Kyle is a normal human BRB is an enchanted god i am thinking stealing his soul is going to be super difficult.

Did you bother to read the other feats I listed in that area Lanterns have preformed? 
i don't see BRB stealing Kyle's soul even as a option. He doesn't even know he has such a ability and Kyle is more adept in soul manipulation because BRB has never even done such a thing.  
 
@Killemall said: 

PS: As superman, black Adam, Captain Atom, Superboy prime, Superman Prime and Hensaw have all broken Gl shileds before I was of the opinion that anything kyle puts up BRB with morals off could break it.

This is a big misconception here, what people fail to realize is that Lanterns have much more capability than just simple constructs. Kyle has wrapped someone in a straight jacket construct that drained all there kinetic energy from there body, that move is an instant win. 
 
@Killemall said:

However, I didn’t know Kyle has created a construct superman and batman had to fight, I mean batman is a non-factor but if his constructs weren’t destroyed by superman than I would start worrying about Kyle in this battle. Erm, do you have an issue no or a scan about what happen. Even if you don’t could u please explain what happen, why were they fighting and did superman manage to shatter it?? Coz to me this sounds like a game changer.

This sums it up nicely.   
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/5595/act784pg19.jpg
 
  
@thanobomb1124
Why are you replying to me on PM? 
And you points are moot, Lanterns have done all of those feats. I'll happily explain it more if you actually want to post your points on this thread, instead of trying to hide it.
#46 Posted by TifaLockhart (14157 posts) - - Show Bio

Guy took off his ring to fight Batman.

#47 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12273 posts) - - Show Bio

Bill.

#48 Posted by MyronLee26 (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

Im sorry, Beta Ray Bill takes this. BRB's Stormbreaker could just absorb Kyle's energy constructs, and if he wants to, drain the energy straight from Kyle's ring.

#49 Posted by MyronLee26 (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

@MutenRoshi said:

@thanobomb1124 said:

A GL ring vs Stormbreaker? lol.beta ray bill wins.

Beta Ray is a powerhouse

He defeated Thor twice

One time a weaponless Beta Ray Bill beats Thor even though Thor had his weapon

.

Did Beta Ray Bill have an edge in that fight with the hot climate around them? or is that mis-information?

#50 Posted by Greendevil (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phaedrusgr said:

@Greendevil: Well said twice.

thx :D