4. BFR to planet earth is allowed.

Who wins and why?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Dude, that's The Most Powerful Version of ION and you put that against someone who was KO'd by Spider-Man ?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ion ftw

Avatar image for inconvenient_truth
Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spite?

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By XiiX

Ion without even having to move.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Ion stomps, even with Ion, Kyle would beat Firelord....

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reg Kyle couldn't beat Firelord..

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Dude, that's The Most Powerful Version of ION and you put that against someone who was KO'd by Spider-Man ?

Biggest PIS in history.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Reg Kyle couldn't beat Firelord..

Yes he can, Kyle is much more versatile and his raw energy projection is equal if not better then Firelords.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Carter_esque

@king_saturn said:

Dude, that's The Most Powerful Version of ION and you put that against someone who was KO'd by Spider-Man?

That was PIS... at least that's what the vets of this site keep telling me. I, personally, don't think that factors into anything though. If it happened and it wasn't ever retconned at some point since then it counts. The ppl who downplay it as PIS do so bc it's too ridiculous for them to accept that a cosmic-level being could ever face defeat at the hands of a street-leveler. It'd be like if Wolverine beat Thanos or if Blade took down Gladiator; such upsets should never occur but they do sometimes depending on the writer. Believe me, I understand where you're coming from but you're not gonna win anybody over by mentioning Spidey's ownership of Firelord... trust me, I've already tried smh

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle without Ion would beat Firelord.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disagree although I can be convinced otherwise if you're up to the task.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

Dude, that's The Most Powerful Version of ION and you put that against someone who was KO'd by Spider-Man?

That was PIS... at least that's what the vets of this site keep telling me. I, personally, don't think that factors into anything though. If it happened and it wasn't ever retconned at some point since then it counts. The ppl who downplay it as PIS do so bc it's too ridiculous for them to accept that a cosmic-level being could ever face defeat at the hands of a street-leveler. It'd be like if Wolverine beat Thanos or if Blade took down Gladiator; such upsets should never occur but they do sometimes depending on the writer. Believe me, I understand where you're coming from but you're not gonna win anybody over by mentioning Spidey's ownership of Firelord... trust me, I've already tried smh

Well obviously it was PIS... but even so this battle is ridiculous.

Firelord is no where near ION in terms of power.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@carter_esque: Kyle has been able to bust a planet,hurt skyfathers,Has created shields to protect against solar system destroying Anti matter, has given himself powers,has shielded himself from planet busters etc.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By New_World_Order

@carter_esque: Kyle has been able to bust a planet,hurt skyfathers,Has created shields to protect against solar system destroying Anti matter, has given himself powers,has shielded himself from planet busters etc.

Whaaaaa? Do you have scans of these? This is probably why you choose him in the tourny, lol.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath said:

I disagree although I can be convinced otherwise if you're up to the task.

Fire Lords only range attack is heat blasts, which Kyle should be able to block with a construct. Not to mention Kyle can blast him up, while protected in a shield.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Carter_esque

For real??... all of this this?? The underlined feats are the ones I wasn't aware of bc I don't read that much DC. How could he give himself new powers?? Couldn't PC Superman also do that? If you're being completely truthful about all of this then I made a huge mistake making this thread.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath:

Here they are (credit to @citizenbane for some of them):

For planet busting:

Here he makes a shield for Solar system engulfing anti matter:

For taking a planet buster:

Remaking a planet:

No Caption Provided

I can not find scans for the rest but you get the point,I like Hal and all but via feats Kyle is the strongest lantern in the corps

No Caption Provided

That about sums it up....

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

For real??... all of this this?? The underlined feats are the ones I wasn't aware of bc I don't read that much DC. How could he give himself new powers?? Couldn't PC Superman also do that? If you're being completely truthful about all of this then I made a huge mistake making this thread.

For real, Kyle I think used his ring to rearrange his molecular structure to give himself powers or something like that.For the skyfather thing I remember the JLA taking on some a giant god or something like that and Kyle whipped out some big gun constructed with his ring and sent him flying IIRC (albiet it did not beat him)

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: .... did you hear that? That's the sound of me tipping my hat to you. I'm convinced lol

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By New_World_Order
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Why do you hate firelord?

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do you hate firelord?

I don't hate him. I just don't think he can beat Gen. Yamamoto (Bleach) but the vine already decided that Firelord god-stomps him so it's a mute point. Also, he did get beaten by Spidey so I think that his power is slightly exaggerated. By the same token, anyone who can trade blows with Surfer and Thor on multiple occasions and live to tell about it has my respect, no bs. Firelord is pretty awesome (or at least y'all seem to think so) from what I'm just now starting to learn about him and I've always liked characters who possess fire-based abilities; since he's supposed somewhat of an authority in the fire gauntlet, I like pitting him up against characters who match up with him evenly in my mind. Until now, he's stomped everyone else I matched him up against.

Gritterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would you make this Ion Kyle?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By willpayton

Firelord gets a severe smackdown, it's not even funny.

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mid tier herald vs nigh omnipotent being...lol...

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Carter_esque

@gritterr: Bc I honestly didn't think that regular Kyle would stand a chance against Firelord. As I wrote earlier, I don't read a lot of DC these days. I'm more of a Marvel fan but I've never been a huge fan of the cosmic entities like Surfer, Galactus, The Runner, etc.. What all this equates to is me having a very basic knowledge and understanding of these two characters. I was a Rayner fan the first few yrs. or so after he became a Lantern but then I started losing interest in him (and DC comics altogether). I'm starting to get into it again mostly due to my exposure to all of the contributing DC fans on this site.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By Killemall

@carter_esque: Among other things pointed to you, Kyle has also fought and held his own against Parallax for a whole issue, the same person who basically wiped the floor with Justice League. Kyle's beaten his anti-thesis Alex Nero, the same person who overwhelmed Justice League. Kyle has contained a quantum black hole, a specialized structure, resulting out of combination of black hole, and contained that explosion. Kyle was also able to contain the explosion from Imperix, who had the power of big bang. Major Force a superman level foe, got his a$$ handed to him twice by Kyle. He has also defeated Grayven, son of Darkseid, who was a superman level being as well.

Kyle is a pretty powerful GL, perhaps the most powerful earth GL because despite his limited experience, he has a special ring that doesnt normally run out of charge and doesnt have that charge every 24 hours restriction.

I am a Kyle fan so any chance of throwing around few Kyle's feat i just jumped into it :p, sorry...

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Carter_esque

@killemall: Whoaaa.. Kyle's a frickin' bo$$! Yeah... I really need to get back into reading DC. Might have to take a brief hiatus from Marvel lol

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle stomps. Great scans BTW.

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any version of ion should win this, the willpower wale laughs at fire lord not even a fight

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@moonman78: The version of ION being used has very little to do with the green entity, one reason why this battle is more one sided than what it should be. During the orginal Ion story arc, which was dubbed Hand Of God, Kyle gets his power from 2 sources:

1. The entire power of Green Lantern Central Battery

2. The left over energy from Zero Hour.

Thats exactly the same power source as Zero Hour Parallax.

We know he created Oblivion (unconciously using a portion of the same energy) who nearly destroyed the universe with a massive blackhole he created. He was also shown actually in higher regards than Spectre, when Hal Jordan as Spectre and Kyle as Ion talked about whether Kyle could change entire DC timeline.

@k4tzm4n: Since you are online could you lock this one, its pretty clearly very, very one sided.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Vaeternus

lol, Ion lays the smack down on Firelord

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Kyle would win even without Ion. With it it's just overkill.

According to Kyle Traitor's blasts weren't just planet-busting, they exceeded the power output of most stars.

No Caption Provided

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: Ah so the feat is even better then I remember.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By TifaLockhart

W00t! Lantern respect.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#41 TDK_1997  Online

Kyle wins easily.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By spiderbuck1

Kyle has this, fer sure. Without Ion it would be a tougher fight, but Kyle would still take it.