Kyle Katarn vs. Plo Koon

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GeorgeWBush

This one has been bugging me lately, for me they're very close as fighters.

Who wins though?

*Both fighters are bloodlusted

*Both have Jedi morals off

Battle takes place on Neutral ground

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

vs.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

They should be more or less even in lightsaber combat, with Kyle having the edge in versatility, and martial combat. Plo should be more powerful in the Force however, with Kyle having the edge in physical abilities.

Hmmm this is one I would need to think about.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By ShootingNova
@dccomicsrule2011 said:

They should be more or less even in lightsaber combat, with Kyle having the edge in versatility, and martial combat. Plo should be more powerful in the Force however, with Kyle having the edge in physical abilities.

Hmmm this is one I would need to think about.

This, but I'd probably give Plo the victory. His edge in the Force is more substantial than Kyle's physical edges.

On a second thought, Plo's Force edge isn't overly substantial. I'd say all these extra edges are negligible, to be honest. Probably a draw.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see Kyle better versitality winning like 6/10.

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plo Koon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Plo Koon. Roughly as powerful but Koon is the better duelist.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Electric judgement ftw.

Naah but I see it as a split tbh

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plo Koon. Roughly as powerful but Koon is the better duelist.

Interesting. Why do you think that?

I have it the other way around. I say Kyle is about as skilful as Plo, but Plo is somewhat more powerful.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Koon was able to duel evenly with Ventress and even contend with her with one arm, and he dueled evenly with Savage, with Savage's strength having no effect on Koon where it might have others. I just see these as somewhat better feats than what Kyle has for himself. Although even at that I can see why you'd consider them close. Even in statements they're pretty even. Kyle being a threat to Caedus, Koon being a true challenge for Maul.

For power, collapsing a cave without any real effort vs holding up a collapsed Castle ceiling with strain is pretty even for me.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Katarn.
Even without the powers of the force he was a beast.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koon was able to duel evenly with Ventress and even contend with her with one arm, and he dueled evenly with Savage, with Savage's strength having no effect on Koon where it might have others. I just see these as somewhat better feats than what Kyle has for himself. Although even at that I can see why you'd consider them close. Even in statements they're pretty even. Kyle being a threat to Caedus, Koon being a true challenge for Maul.

For power, collapsing a cave without any real effort vs holding up a collapsed Castle ceiling with strain is pretty even for me.

Koon was losing to Ventress, though. He took one of her blades, but he seemed to be at a disadvantage by the conclusion of the duel, which is what matters. And then it got interrupted.

And in his short duel with Ventress when he had two arms, he was still only even. I doubt having one arm matters because Koon has already displayed the ability to fight with just one arm anyway.

Kyle appearing to be ahead of Corran Horn by the reasoning I used earlier is just as good as Koon's singular showing.

Eh... Kyle had trouble with it, though. He only manage it for a few seconds and commented that he couldn't have held it for much longer, and it required maximum effort. I agree it's on a similar tier of power, but being precisely even is going a bit too far.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Hmm.. yeah I agree with you now actually. I was missing the necessary bits of context about both the Ventress fight and the castle feat.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28
deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova I don't know why everyone says that Plo was at the disadvantage by the end of the fight with Ventress. He actually disarmed her, which is a testemony of his skill while near the end of the fight Ventress holds the physical advantage. You saying that the outcome of the battle is more important then the way the battle went is totally wrong. It's like saying that a soccer team who scored more goals in a match is better then the other team despite that the other team played the better football and had more chances to score.

Slash03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leaning towards Plo in a good fight, he is as skilled as Kyle and arguably more powerful in the Force.

Shocktacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plo wins in a close fight

Avatar image for redsithdisciple
RedSithDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers