Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

Setting: Jedi Praxeum

Gear: Kyle Katarn gets his second lightsaber. Deathstroke gets his Pre-52 armor and a cortosis-weave Vibrosword.

Kyle cannot use the Force offensively.

New 52 feats for Slade.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Cable_Extreme

Never heard of Kyle, but if he is a Jedi he is probably too fast for new 52 DS.

Avatar image for phantomlantern8
PhantomLantern8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Wait, Deathstroke is actually slow in the N52 when compared to his Pre-52 counterpart? I don't remember Kyle being particularly fast in comparison to other Jedi unless he's using Force Speed in which he's not allowed in this fight.

And @jedixman can probably shed some light on what Kyle has done since I can't right now. If I can later then I'll search my memory for Kyle's accomplishments.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArkhamKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle Katarn would be my choice. He has just about every force power mastered, and im not sure how death strokes healing factor would handle a lightsaber.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BoringPerson

I'm not sure anymore...

I mean, Kyle Katarn is my favorite Jedi and is an almost completely self taught 3 rings Battle Master...

But Deathstroke is Deathstroke... I think Deathstroke wins because Kyle doesn't know about his healing factor. Deathstroke will absorb the killing blow and kill Katarn.

Deathstroke 5.5/10 depending on how well the sacrificial blow goes. This could also be quite a bit of bias because a vibrosword is **nothing** compared to a lightsaber.

@arkhamknight: Saber wounds self cauterize, so as long as the damage isn't fatal to begin with, Deathstroke should be able to stabilize. Stabs not to the head/heart should do very little to Deathstroke, but normal swipes should take him down with ease.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Kyle.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

@arkhamknight: Incorrect statement regarding the Force powers. Not that it matters either way considering the OP said no offensive Force Powers allowed.

In any event, Kyle wins this. He's actually not as good a lightsaber duelist as his lofty reputation would suggest, but he is still a better swordsman than Deathstroke. And Slade's healing factor will do him no good against a lightsaber for obvious reasons.

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Whirlwind_33

I'll take the guy who was taught underneath Grand Master Luke, Kyle. Also Force precog, speed and strength enhancements make him a little to much for Deathstoke.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whirlwind_33: In fairness, being taught by a certain someone doesn't necessarily make YOU good, but Kyle does indeed beat Deathstroke.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

did deathstroke kill j jonah jameson?

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem is, New 52 lacks feats and is only superior to his pre52 counterpart in durability and strength. Both of which are nearly irrelevent in sword fighting and stopping light saber attacks. His pre-52 version would stand a much better chance, or at least pre 52 feats enabled.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Silverrings

Pre-New 52 PIS fuelled Slade stomps. Kyle with all Force moves allowed stomps, too. In this scenario, without the former stompyness, i reckon Kyle wins, but not easily. Slade is very skilled, and obviously his weapon here helps, but Kyle has more experience with his lightsaber and the Force can do more than just push and shove.

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Whirlwind_33

@shroudofsorrow: @silverrings: @cable_extreme: You know what I take that back. I need some Feats/Stats for Kyle in order to draw a verdict.

Because I'm not sure if he if he is even on Obi-wan's or Darth Mauls level of swordsman ship,speed and strength. Also I have seen a few good feats from New 52 DS that would suggest he could take Kyle. This is not a stomp by any means because of the Force. I've seen Silver2467(Best Star Wars debater on the Site) and someone else give a good debate that The Gorgon was on par with Maul. If Maul is on Kyle's level and I think Deathstroke should be on Gorgon's level, this is pretty equal fight. Sorry for the ABC logic but still. I want reason outside the reasoning in that has been given in this thread.

Until I see feats this is a split for me.

Avatar image for phantomlantern8
PhantomLantern8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure anymore...

I mean, Kyle Katarn is my favorite Jedi and is an almost completely self taught 3 rings Battle Master...

But Deathstroke is Deathstroke... I think Deathstroke wins because Kyle doesn't know about his healing factor. Deathstroke will absorb the killing blow and kill Katarn.

Deathstroke 5.5/10 depending on how well the sacrificial blow goes. This could also be quite a bit of bias because a vibrosword is **nothing** compared to a lightsaber.

@arkhamknight: Saber wounds self cauterize, so as long as the damage isn't fatal to begin with, Deathstroke should be able to stabilize. Stabs not to the head/heart should do very little to Deathstroke, but normal swipes should take him down with ease.

It's not a bias, the vibrosword's blade has a cortosis weave. A lightsaber will not be cutting through it.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@whirlwind_33: No, Kyle is below Darth Maul and Obi-Wan in my book. Not by a huge margin mind you, but enough that you know who the winner would be in a lightsaber duel. But even having said that, Slade is just not that great as a swordsman. He has struggled against Azrael, struggled against Green Arrow, and even struggled against a character whose only real ability was swordsmanship. Kyle has just impressed me more going by showings. And again, Slade's HF will do him no good here.

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Kyle Katarn..,Welcome to the future!..."