Kuvira vs Zaheer

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So while watching the new season of Korra, I thought about how different Zaheer's anarchist beliefs were from Kuvira's professed emphasis on order and unity. Which, naturally, lead to this

Zaheer has escaped, and he wants to eliminate Kuvira (watch and find out why!)

Fight takes place in Ba Sing Se, at the Earth King's Palace. Starting distance is 50 feet. Victory by ko or death. Standard gear for all

Round 1:

No flight for Zaheer

Round 2:

Zaheer can fly

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Electrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Electrick

Premature.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@electrick: yeah I know, but we can theorize, and we got a cool preview of her abilities

Electrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: If I had to theorize then Kuvira will definitely turn out to be the stronger of the two being the final villain. Zaheer wasn't that strong anyway.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 juiceboks  Moderator

Zaheer by feats should win everytime.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for raimundopedrosa
raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Kuvira.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zaheer very barely

Zaheer handily

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Arcus1
BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kuvira beats him down.

I mean, what would Zaheer even do if she created a wall around herself with Earth Bending?

Beat on it with his fists?

Hit it with his hilariously low striking power air bending?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kuvira beats him down.

I mean, what would Zaheer even do if she created a wall around herself with Earth Bending?

And what would she do inside this wall?

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

lol He's actually beaten her already.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kuvira beats him down.

lol She's not Toph, all she'll be doing is obscuring her sight.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

do we know that was her? To be fair she might have gotten better in the three years since she fought Zaheer

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson said:

Kuvira beats him down.

So? It's an automatic stalemate or way for her to recover stamina.

Not to mention she could then make a hole and surprise him from a different direction...

Regardless, I'd bet she can tag him with a metal cuff for a majority. The moment she does, the battle is over.

Basically this battle boils down to "Can Kuvira tag Zaheer before he KO's her with mediorce air bending and high speed fly bys?"

My answer is a resounding "Yes."

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@thatguywithheadphones said:

do we know that was her? To be fair she might have gotten better in the three years since she fought Zaheer

I was just joshing anyway.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson said:

Kuvira beats him down.

Not to mention she could then make a hole and surprise him from a different direction...

Regardless, I'd bet she can tag him with a metal cuff for a majority. The moment she does, the battle is over.

Basically this battle boils down to "Can Kuvira tag Zaheer before he KO's her with mediorce air bending and high speed fly bys?"

So far that doesn't seems to be her fighting style, She's a projectile fighter and I'm guessing this is an in character battle. Also if current Korra can react to her metal cuffs, Zaheer certainly can.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson said:

@boringperson said:

Kuvira beats him down.

So far that doesn't seems to be her fighting style, She's a projectile fighter and I'm guessing this is an in character battle. Also if current Korra can react to her metal cuffs, Zaheer certainly can.

To be fair, Korra got hit by projectiles more than she reacted to them, and she has the advantage of being a metalbender too. However, also to be fair, she deflected a flurry of them with airbending

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: You are like the perfect devil's advocate.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Well in round 1 Zaheer is agile enough to avoid most of Kuvira's attacks and tank them. He also has the offensive to hurt her.

Round 2 Zaheer is way too fast.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnfrank120: the metal bands aren't really an attack you can tank if it hits you

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I mean, he can dodge most of the attacks, and I think that he can land his lung sucking move thing before he is incapacitated.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnfrank120: he's never used the move on someone who isn't incapacitated or helpless

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: He has the offensive capability to take her down long enough to do it.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Premature.

This.

But seeing as how Kuvira fights through disabling her opponent's movements with strips of metal, I don't think it'd be assuming too much to say that Zaheer could win simply with evasion. Not to mention that airbending the metal away would be relatively easy for him, and flight takes away the advantage of Kuvira manipulating the ground beneath him.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FirelordxMako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kuvira fought a weakened Korra who was rusty. Zaheer fought Tonraq and a tied up Korra. He also fought her in her weakened avatar state but Kuvira was totally defenseless against Korra in avatar state with the poison out of her and she was not in her game. Like 2 air blast had her on the ground lol.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kuvira only has one showing against a handicapped opponent. There's not a lot we can gauge her level with right now.

raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By raimundopedrosa

Well, Kuvira beating base Korra wasn't at all impressive, since Korra's so damn out of shape.

But still, Kuvira losing to Avatar State Korra doesn't make her weak... like, at all. Avatar State bending is more powerful than anything. Those comparing her to Toph: Toph wouldn't have done any better against an Avatar State airbending Korra, like at all lol.

Hell, Toph wouldn't beat Zaheer.

But since Kuvira can see and react fast and is agile unlike most earthbenders, who are all about power and slow, massive attacks...

I believe that Kuvira beats Zaheer. She's never lost to anyone but Avatar State Korra, which doesn't make her weak, as Avatar State anything owns.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@sophia89: any reasons? @mrunsmiley: he only has flight for round 2

Same result. Airbenders are all about mobility, which goes directly against Kuvira's fighting style based around controlling the battlefield and disabling brawlers like Korra. Zaheer might get tagged, but he's adept enough to dodge any substantial hits.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it bother anyone else that the LoK main villains have been getting progressively weaker? Amon could still beat all of his subsequent villains with ease, Unalaq had more raw power than Zaheer, Zaheer has the advantage against Kuvira. Also, it bothers me that there hasn't been a fire bender as a villain, since the first series had the fire nation as the main antagonists doesn't mean fire benders can't still be bad guys.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@sophia89: any reasons? @mrunsmiley: he only has flight for round 2

Same result. Airbenders are all about mobility, which goes directly against Kuvira's fighting style based around controlling the battlefield and disabling brawlers like Korra. Zaheer might get tagged, but he's adept enough to dodge any substantial hits.

If he gets tagged once by a metal cuff then he's done.

Korra had the metal bending to prevent it from being an instant loss, but Zaheer doesn't.

If he gets tagged once he's going to be continuously ragdolled. Or at least constantly hindered enough to get tagged again and again to the point where he gets ragdolled anyways.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper:

Well Amon could beat anyone. Unalaq could beat Zaheer, but the Red Lotus as a whole was stronger than him. As for Kuvira, she commands possibly the most powerful army in Avatar history

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: Please, the avatar is the most powerful weapon

Unless it's korra

raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: Please, the avatar is the most powerful weapon

Unless it's korra

Korra is not weak omg I'm sick of people thinking that. She literally just recovered. She got really good in Season 3. She was able to teach Opal airbending, pick up metalbending, and, hell, even the Red Lotus knew better than to target her directly, as they'd be no match for her in a fair fight, so they resorted to tactics like the element of surprise and tricking her into sacrificing herself. Still, though, she sacrificed herself for the Air Nation and started to put herself before others, showing how much she'd grown both physically and mentally.

raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is Zaheer soooo much better than Kuvira? She fights like a master, with neutral jing abilities that rival Toph's and there's also the fact that she's notblind, so she can easily defend herself against his air attacks. Kuvira can definitely kick his ass. I think that it's an even match that could go either way.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zaheer seems tailor made to give Lucida problems.

Amon would stomp Azula and Iroh in a two on one. Blood bending is OP as all get out lol.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raimundopedrosa: Korra isn't "weak" she's just not the strongest, she's been consistently beaten by every one of her villains, where as Aang only got beaten once by the seasons villain, when he got cheapshotted by Azula.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MetalJimmor

@jacthripper:

Aang's villains were also multiple tiers below the villains Korra has had to deal with.

Bloodbending is ridiculously broken. Vaatu is the ultimate incarnation of chaos and the opposite force that opposes what gives the avatar their power. Unalaq became a dark avatar so he could fight on even terms with the avatar state. The Red Lotus had the luxury of being four master benders with unique powers and connections all around the world, and even they decided it was better to use stealth and later blackmail to get to Korra.

So far Kuvira is the only villain I'm pretty confident Aang could take by his lonesome, but then she only won against Korra because Korra is severely out of practice, has a crippling mental stress disorder, and likely is dealing with severe muscle atrophy from being in recovery for so long.

Does it bother anyone else that the LoK main villains have been getting progressively weaker? Amon could still beat all of his subsequent villains with ease, Unalaq had more raw power than Zaheer, Zaheer has the advantage against Kuvira. Also, it bothers me that there hasn't been a fire bender as a villain, since the first series had the fire nation as the main antagonists doesn't mean fire benders can't still be bad guys.

I actually don't think Amon could beat Dark Avatar Unalaq. The avatar state can overcome bloodbending, so there's no reason to think he couldn't do the same.

Aside from that you're kind of right. Her villains have gotten weaker, but I don't think that's a bad thing. Her adversaries threaten her on more levels than just beating her up. Amon and Zaheer were both psychological threats that left long, lasting scars that she's still struggling with to this day. Each one was a potential threat to the stability of the world as well, so it's not like you can say any of her villains weren't dangerous. Besides, it'd be kind of weird if each new season brought a bigger, badder main villain that is even stronger than the last. That mode of story telling is too formulaic. I much prefer the way they are doing it now where the threat isn't always a physical one.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers