Kuvira runs the gauntlet

• 93 results
Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In this battle, the Great Uniter will run a gauntlet of various opponents on her quest to unite the Earth Kingdom, how far can she go?

Kuvira has her standard armor and weapons. In addition, she has 3 meteors, like the ones she used against Korra in the finale

All fights take place in Ba Sing Se, at the Earth Queen's palace. Starting distance is 25 feet. Time is perpetual twilight

All are in character. Victory by ko

Standard gear for all opponents unless otherwise specified

Round 1: Xin Fu and the Boulder

Round 2: Katara (1 water pouch)

Round 3: Mako

Round 4: Zuko

Round 5: Azula

Round 6: Korra (earth/metal and fire only, no AS)

Round 7: Mako and Bolin

Round 8: Tenzin

How far does she get?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331@joewell@strictlyanime@nighthunder

@norrinboltagonprime21@pooty@pr0metheus@sophia89@princearagorn1 @lvenger

@funsiized@princearagorn1@ssj_god @jmarshmallow

@redbird3rdboywonder@pierpat@knightofzero

@dccomicsrule2011@lunacyde @etheral_dreams

@killerwasp@kidphillip@aressword@wbr17@korraspirit@gxrevolution96@jr_avatarexpert@dextersinister@thunderbolt30@nighthunder@metaljimmor@spartankobe@jacthripper@deathhero61@primebonnick@gizmorino @rijehu @myerlanski @koays @useyourname @stormdriven @hypnosis @pirateking @mitcheii @deranged_midget @abyssdarkfire @hatemalingsia @arv993 @dreadpool10 @batking200: @sirneko @loklegends @kingvenus @speedster101 @marvelfan1992 @martinceld @therapist1

@thenewbluebeetle007: @johnfrank120 @llehdevil: @darkdefender @hulkage @linark @just_banter

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stops at 1

and No one cheats with Xin Fu

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Oh why is that? XD You should put him with round 1 also, to make sure Kuvira dosn't pass LOL. XD

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Arcus1

@killerwasp: haha I wanted to give her at least a fighting chance...

:)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Well technically she doesn't have a fighting chance its the boulder! XD look at his face, its so adorable i mean seriously its like u wanna pinch his cheeks lol.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: XD yeah hes just too funny lol.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Boulder's rock hard muscles solo

Sean12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

on a more serious note, she has potential to clear, but is probably gonna stop at 7 if Bolin doesn't decide to job massively there is not much she can do that the brothers aren't countering, and considering location, the only metal bending she can really do is with he armour band thingies, and that isn't a big enough advantage to give her the win her unfortunately, Azula and Korra could potentially take her down as well, but I feel she is definitely done at 7.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

7. I'll explain later.

L. D.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

7. I'll explain later.

L. D.

If not 4 or 5.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rockalaunche is too much

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 6 or 7.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well for the first 2 rounds, both combatants don't have enough raw power and neither is agility.

3 - 5 will be good fights, except all these fighters can get subdued by her metal projectiles plus Kuvira has her 3 meteors. That's almost like an additional element she can use due to the versatility the meteors could offer.

6 is a possible stop but in the finale, Korra needed air to stalemate with Kuvira on the mech as a boost for maneuverability and just overall, extra power.

7 will be too much power to handle coming at her from all sides which includes fire, lightning, lava and maybe rock due to the defense it'll provide the bros.

L. D.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Arcus1
Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llehdevil:

Time for a bump cause apparently I never replied

Korra did need air, but at the same time she didn't have any regular earth, which she's better with than metal

...yeah, that's all I got right now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Well I think Korra's going to need to need the air to be maneuverable and to deflect the projectiles thrown by Kuvira.

L. D.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate at 6.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 4. Also I don't think non-AS Korra is above Zuko or Azula.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 4 or 5 if EoS.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 4. Also I don't think non-AS Korra is above Zuko or Azula.

Any reasons?

Non AS Korra is definitely above Zuko or Azula with all the elements. Arguments could be made when she's under the elemental restrictions like she is here, but the biggest reason she's above them is because she has metal bending to defend against Kuvira's

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Tactical viability. But I won't deny that she is more powerful, though power dosen't mean everything in combat.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Korra is always hot headed in combat, and her bending always reflects one of a offensive brute than a tactical fighter. Most of the main characters in TLA, including Ty Lee are optimised to deal with such people. Though obviously, Ty Lee isn't beating Korra.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noobsnowman:

Being aggressive isn't the same as being hot headed. Look at her final fight with Kuvira or her fight with Unalaq. How was she being hot headed then?

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Korra losing the majority of her fights was because of she being hot headed, for example her air bending lacks the grace of an air bender and her water bending, while titanic, lacks precision. Even when Korra fought Kuvira on the final round, she had prior knowledge of her opponent and even then she didn't even win. Kuvira isn't anywhere near beings like Toph or Bumi in terms of bending prowess anyways.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Korra losing the majority of her fights was because of she being hot headed, for example her air bending lacks the grace of an air bender and her water bending, while titanic, lacks precision. Even when Korra fought Kuvira on the final round, she had prior knowledge of her opponent and even then she didn't even win. Kuvira isn't anywhere near beings like Toph or Bumi in terms of bending prowess anyways.

Korra wins the majority of her fights, the ones she loses are to high caliber benders or because she's impaired in some way (like being chained when she first fought Zaheer)

Not being as graceful as someone like Aang in airbending doesn't mean she's hot headed. And I wouldn't say she's never graceful

No Caption Provided

Lacks precision?

No Caption Provided

Korra was wining the final fight with Kuvira, she landed more hits and was helping Kuvira out of the mech after it exploded.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with what I said before, she could stop at 6 or 7, definitely stops at 8.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By noobsnowman

@arcus: I fail to see how any of those two feats refute any of my points. All I saw was Korra jumping from one vehicle to another with her air bending, which is like the very basics of Air bending. And the other one shows Korra catching Unalaq's bending, which has zero relation to precision with her own bending. And that was performed in her Avatar State, I am referring to when she's not. It does not invalidate the fact that her air bending reflects the offensive movements of a fire bender than the graciousness of an air bender.

I'm pretty sure Korra lost almost all of her fights, and most of her victories were highly circumstantial. She wasn't even adequately trained by Tenzin and she lacks the training of an actual waterbending master such as Master Pakku.

The problem about Korra is that she never learns from her past encounters, her inability to adapt and she lacks self control, something that even she herself admitted after her fight with Kuvira. Korra's fighting style is too straight forward and lacks the understanding of the nature of the respective elements. She lacks the technique and finesse of Zuko caliber fighters.

Zuko and Azula on the other hand have mastered beyond their fire bending and were extreme innovative in their application. Zuko underwent training under the Sun Warriors and mastered firebending without the need to channel anger and hatred in his attack, being able to channel flames gracefully and with a peaceful mind, while Korra employed fire bending out of frustration. Azula took fire bending to the next level, innovating her style and unleashing blue sheets of flame instead of regular red, that is said to have more destructive potency than regular fire. Not only that, both Zuko and Azula are lethally precise in their attacks, not hesitating to take advantage of openings when presented, much more so than most benders.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I fail to see how any of those two feats refute any of my points. All I saw was Korra jumping from one vehicle to another with her air bending, which is like the very basics of Air bending. And the other one shows Korra catching Unalaq's bending, which has zero relation to precision with her own bending. And that was performed in her Avatar State, I am referring to when she's not. It does not invalidate the fact that her air bending reflects the offensive movements of a fire bender than the graciousness of an air bender.

I'm pretty sure Korra lost almost all of her fights, and most of her victories were highly circumstantial. She wasn't even adequately trained by Tenzin and she lacks the training of an actual waterbending master such as Master Pakku.

The problem about Korra is that she never learns from her past encounters, her inability to adapt and she lacks self control, something that even she herself admitted after her fight with Kuvira. Korra's fighting style is too straight forward and lacks the understanding of the nature of the respective elements. She lacks the technique and finesse of Zuko caliber fighters.

Zuko and Azula on the other hand have mastered beyond their fire bending and were extreme innovative in their application. Zuko underwent training under the Sun Warriors and mastered firebending without the need to channel anger and hatred in his attack, being able to channel flames gracefully and with a peaceful mind, while Korra employed fire bending out of frustration. Azula took fire bending to the next level, innovating her style and unleashing blue sheets of flame instead of regular red, that is said to have more destructive potency than regular fire. Not only that, both Zuko and Azula are lethally precise in their attacks, not hesitating to take advantage of openings when presented, much more so than most benders.

It wasn't just jumping, it was controlled movement from one moving vehicle to another moving vehicle. Just an example of the circular movement, be the leaf, style of airbending

So intercepting a master waterbender's attack and redirecting it (principal of waterbending: defense to offense) doesn't show any skill? She out-skilled on of the best waterbenders we've seen on the show.

If air bending being used in a similar manner to firebending is a problem, take it up with ATLA

Examples

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Korra was trained by Katara in waterbending

Are we talking about just fights with the main villain or all fights in general? Korra doesn't actually have that many fights with the main villains-she never had a straight up fight with any of the Red Lotus for example.

Korra said that she sometimes struggles to adapt or have self control, not that she never does. Korra's changed plenty throughout the series.

Not gonna get in detail on the whole nature of the four elements topic (I disagree with saying that she doesn't understand the natures of the four elements, and I might do a blog on it later). For now here's a couple places I've talked some on it

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/comparing-aang-and-korra-part-1-the-4-elements-1708700/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/avatar-respect-threads-korra-1711262/

Ozai didn't learn from the dragons or use blue flames, does that make him worse than Zuko or Azula?

When has Zuko ever been lethally precise-more so than Korra?

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By noobsnowman

@arcus: Sorry, I have dealt with this over and over with multiple people and it always has turned out sour, so for the sake of not derailing the thread I will leave it here, as much as I'd love to counter.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Sorry, I have dealt with this over and over with multiple people and it always has turned out sour, so for the sake of not derailing the thread I will leave it here, as much as I'd love to counter.

Ok. It's my thread, so I don't mind

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think the gauntlet's a bit out of order, especially in character.

Regardless stops at 5.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the gauntlet's a bit out of order, especially in character.

Regardless stops at 5.

Why do you think it's out of order?

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Not sure why the last two are as high as they are

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Not sure why the last two are as high as they are

They'd beat anyone below them and are better suited to fight Kuvira than anyone below them

Mako and Bolin have the advantage of 2v1 plus 2 subelements

Airbending's been the most effective element against Kuvira, and Tenzin has the combat skill to put it to good use

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Meh, maybe, but I don't think the three below Mako and Bolin would have much trouble beating them in-character, since Bolin isn't gonna be utilizing lavabending nearly to its potential, and other than that they're both pretty weak benders.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Meh, maybe, but I don't think the three below Mako and Bolin would have much trouble beating them in-character, since Bolin isn't gonna be utilizing lavabending nearly to its potential, and other than that they're both pretty weak benders.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/cav-azula-justicethorpsylocke-vs-mako-bolin-arcus--1652461/

They would definitely have trouble and generally lose