Kurse vs Thor + Hulk

• 110 results
pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

All combatants will be without weapons! So no grenades (Kurse) or Mjolnir (Thor). It will strictly be a hand brawl.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this MCU Thor. If so he is powerless without Mjolnir.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes it is, they all are.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team. Id Thor and Hulk are serious then they should defeat Kurse

Avatar image for unusual_suspect
Unusual_Suspect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Unusual_Suspect

He CAN be powerless without Mjolnir, but only when unworthy. Even when Thor didn't have his hammer on hand when initially facing Hulk in Avengers, he still managed to fully block one of Hulk's blows (albeit using 2 hands to Hulk's 1) without being splatted into paste. That strongly implies Thor isn't powerless, at least when it comes to basic durability and strength feats.

Thor being without his hammer is going to limit his capabilities significantly, but fortunately I'm pretty sure Hulk can at least match Kurse blow for blow. In this case, Thor becomes the Loki, playing dead (with as hard as Kurse hits, shouldn't be too hard) until its time to strike.

Still, Kurse is a nasty piece of work. Even Hulk might be outmatched here... and if Thor can't find a good place to step in and shank Kurse, I think Kurse might take at least a slight majority; they may not start with weapons, but I bet Hulk can knock off a horn or two in the scuffle.

@sacredweapons said:

Is this MCU Thor. If so he is powerless without Mjolnir.

Keehn93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Hulk stomps Kurse unless he has warp Grenades

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurse stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurse. We have already seen him handle Thor without Mjolnir. He outright stomped him. Kurses striking feats and durability are above Hulks, plain and simple. Hell, even his strength feat of throwing the big rock at Thor is greater than Hulks forklift truck feat. Thor's one punch to Hulk made Hulk spin around in a circle and stunned him, Thor's multiple punches to Kurse did absolutely nothing. Kurse wins this.

Unusual_Suspect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Hm. I remember Thor's Mjolnir strike throwing Hulk into a fighter jet, but I don't recall Thor's punch doing anything close to what you described. Can you provide a scan or a rough approximation of the source's location?

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unusual_suspect: During their fight on the helicarrier. Thor tackles hulk through the wall saving Black Widow, then he stands up, dodges two or three of Hulks strikes, then punches hulk in the face, and hulk spins around in a complete circle. That's when Hulk tries to punch him back and Thor catches his arm.

Unusual_Suspect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Huh, so he does. However, I will still dispute the "and stunned him" description, as he is spun around, but completes the spin on his own with a backhand attack (which misses) within a second of being hit, even before he throws the attack that Thor (oh so barely) blocks.

That said, while Hulk is clearly Thor's physical superior (in that fight, and just about every other that I've seen), I think you have a strong argument for Kurse being just a bit more unstoppable and unflappable.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is able to at least fight Hulk in physical strength, but with Kurse he was getting whooped. He wasn't close to being killed, but was still getting owned and probably would have been. Hulk on the other-hand should put a more physical challenge, but I don't think he would fair significantly better. If I was to put it in numbers it would look like this:

Kurse: 100

Hulk: 75

Thor: 50

Kurse probably wins 7 out of 10 matches.

Erick_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Kurse. We have already seen him handle Thor without Mjolnir. He outright stomped him. Kurses striking feats and durability are above Hulks, plain and simple. Hell, even his strength feat of throwing the big rock at Thor is greater than Hulks forklift truck feat. Thor's one punch to Hulk made Hulk spin around in a circle and stunned him, Thor's multiple punches to Kurse did absolutely nothing. Kurse wins this.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@jayc1324: I disagree on Kurse's striking feats. He did nothing at all that are on par with Hulk one shotting the Leviathan.

Kurse beat Thor up, but he did so while Thor did not have his hammer. Hulk beat Thor up too. Hulk's casual punch sent Thor flying completely off screen, Kurse completely serious didn't match that to my memory.

We see the gap I strength further when they both faces Loki, Thor fought Loki on a fairly equal playing field while Hulk completely and utterly annihilated him. Hulk's savage beating is about the only thing that hurt Loki in that movie.

Then we move to AoU. Ultron physically dominated Thor arguably more easily tha. Kurse did and at the very least he was on the same level as Kurse in this regard. In turn Ultron was physically dominated by Hulk, twice.

I also don't agree with the durability part. We see Kurse take on a bunch of fodder Asgardians and take a glancing blow from Mjlnoir but what else do we see from him? The only thing we really see phase Hulk is a power shot to the face from Mjlonir (which he shoot off) and everything that Hulkbuster could throw at him. At the very least I would say they are in the same ballpark durability wise.

I just watched both scenes again. Kurse hit Thor three times before Thor went flying, Thor has literally flew every time that Hulk hits him. Kurse did the most damage when he threw that big rock at Thor, that allowed him to basically ground and pound. Hulk had Thor in a similar situation br before he could ground and pound, Shield saved him.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurse literally broke a bolder in half with a punch. It probably weighed several times the weight of the fork lift Hulk lifted. Also, Hulk one shotted 1 Leviathan, Thor one shotted three.

Kurse was able to deflect Thor's hammer mid-air. Hulk couldn't in the Avengers.

Ultron was half dead when Hulk grabbed him and threw him away. Nothing impressive there.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurse Stomps.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cregan_stark: Leviathan is more of a strength feat. He pushed back against its movement to stop it in its tracks. It didn't go flying back or anything.

Thor has no hammer here, and his striking feat or slapping Mjolnir away is also above Hulk.

Kurse is durable enough to slap away Mjolnir, and rake multiple punches from Thor with no effect. One punch from Thor made Hulk turn around in a circle.

Kurse wasn't trying to send Thor flying with every punch, but he easily did when he tried. Thor could barely stand after, but he was just fine after his hulk fight. Thor was holding his own against Hulk. Against Kurse he was completely destroyed and couldn't even get Mjolnir back because Kurses great strength and striking power slapped it away.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk solos

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

could go either way

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk solos

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nwname  Moderator

Kurse stomps. Thor = Hulk without mjølnir. He blocked Hulk with one hand not 2. His other hand was on top of hulk's. Thor with mjølnir >> Hulk. Kudse stomped Thor and easily deflected mjølnir.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurse got stabbed by a spear. Hulk has never even been hurt barely. Thor hammer chipped Kurse armor and hasn't even scratched the hulk. Hulk is way more durable and faster. Kurse does not hit as hard as the hulk leviathan feat. I think the only reason Kurse had the advantage was because he kept thor from his hammer. We all saw those potential with the hammer. Practically a city buster

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pr0d1gy

@cfrehse said:

Kurse got stabbed by a spear. Hulk has never even been hurt barely. Thor hammer chipped Kurse armor and hasn't even scratched the hulk. Hulk is way more durable and faster. Kurse does not hit as hard as the hulk leviathan feat. I think the only reason Kurse had the advantage was because he kept thor from his hammer. We all saw those potential with the hammer. Practically a city buster

It was a spear from Loki and obviously some sort of enchanted item that isn't like the likes of normal Earth spear. Kurse deflected Mjolnir mid-air with a casual hand swap, Hulk was carried when he tried grabbing it.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thedailybagel  Moderator

Team.

Hulk was literally in the same postion kurse was towards the end of his fight with thor, all he needed was a few more seconds and then the ground pound woulda kicked in. Besides, he's proved just how above he is the others physically in both movies, at the very least he can go a round or two with kurse whilst thor gives him support.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pr0d1gy

@thedailybagel said:

Team.

Hulk was literally in the same postion kurse was towards the end of his fight with thor, all he needed was a few more seconds and then the ground pound woulda kicked in. Besides, he's proved just how above he is the others physically in both movies, at the very least he can go a round or two with kurse whilst thor gives him support.

The only reason Hulk had the advantage was because the two were fighting in a ship with hundreds of people on it. If it were in open field, Thor would single shot with Mjolnir.

But he still couldn't do shit to Kurse.

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By feats: Kurse wins

If Marvel did this fight: Hulk would solo

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@pr0d1gy: I strongly disagree. Thor was getting pummeled against hulk and was being dominated physically. After re-watching the rfght you can see it wasn't close. Allot of it took place off camera and when it snapped back to the fight it was just thor getting flung through walls. Even towards the end when the jet is about to attack you can see hulk beating the crap out of thor through the window (despite thor having mjolnir in the previous scene) and was moments away from a ground and pound just like kurse did, thor was still on the ground by the time the bullets started flying so its pretty clear he wouldn't have got up in time.

There's also no evidence to suggest he could beat hulk, let alone one shot him. Hulk hasn't been properly hurt yet, aside from the hulkbuster punch which occured after he caimed down. Even buildings dropping on him didn't do anything.

Now that I think about, the only thing kurse has on hulk is skill. Both were manhandling thor the same, the only difference was that kurse was doing more than just swinging like a brute.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By pr0d1gy

@thedailybagel said:

@pr0d1gy: I strongly disagree. Thor was getting pummeled against hulk and was being dominated physically. After re-watching the right you could see it wasn't close. Allot of it took place off camera and when it snapped back to the fight it was just thor getting flung through walls. Even towards the end when the jet is about to attack you can see hulk beating the crap out of thor through the window (despite thor having mjolnir in the previous scene) and was moments away from a ground and pound just like kurse did, thor was still on the ground by the time the bullets started flying.

There's also no evidence to suggest he could beat hulk, let alone one shot him. Hulk hasn't been properly hurt yet, aside from the hulkbuster punch which occured after he caimed down. Even buildings dropping on him didn't do anything.

Now that I think about, the only thing kurse has on hulk is skill. Both were manhandling thor the same, the only difference was that kurse was doing more than just swinging like a brute.

Thor busted a city.

Thor's punches stunned the Hulk.

City Busting Attack >>>>>>> Punches.

Thor would single shot in an open field.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@pr0d1gy: I still have my doubts about that, ironman already had a plan for destroying the city and all he needed was for thor to hit that thingy majig to set things off. Not to mention it wasn't actually a city but just a large (and hollowed out) section of a large town. I mean, do I even have to mention how much of an outlier that feat was anyway assuming it was him who did it?

Thors punches didn't stun hulk, all they did was make him angrier.

Yeah yeah...

No.

Edit: saren explained Thor's feat perfectly, here's the quote:

"I had the bad fortune to have to watch this movie twice in one day, and both times Tony and Friday explicitly say the city would be destroyed by an atomic reaction caused by Thor cracking the vibranium. Those were the exact words he used --- "atomic reaction". He says the reaction itself would not destroy the city, but creating the heat seal would cause the reaction to double in on itself. Thor's powers are not atomic. I'm not sure how anyone can think Thor destroyed the city himself when Whedon practically spoonfeeds every detail of the incident in question to the audience."

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurse

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: that strength feat is above anything we have seen from Kurse to be honest, Kurse has no feat on that level.

Slapping Mjlnoir away is more of a reaction speed feat than anything.

Kurse's armor absorbed Thor's punches yes, but we also know that the Kursed can be taken down by a handful of random Asgardians soldiers so it's not like he's invincible. Also Thor's punch didn't have any effect on Hulk, he turned around because he was throwing wild punches and off balance, right before Thor hit him, Hulk has thrown himself almost in a complete circle by swinging.

How exactly do you know that Kurse wasn't hitting Thor as hard as he could with every punch? It doesn't matter because the Hulk's casual punches send Thor flying Just as far (if not further) as Kurse's serious punches.

Thor held his own against Hulk for about 20 seconds of the fight, there was also a point where he held his own against Kurse as they started out exchanging punches. Him "not being able to stand" was because Kurse got the chance to finish him while e was down, Hulk had Thor down but was interrupted before he could finish Thor off.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@cregan_stark: if you rewatch the fight you can see hulk pummeling thor through the window as the jet is moving in, it gets even funnier when you take into account that thor had mjolnir in the previous scene but it didn't do him any good seeing as he was still getting beaten.

I wouldn't say he lasted even 20 seconds tbh. The fight was pretty much hulk attack, thor defend (barely), hulk ragdoll him, next scene, back to fight, thor gets ragdolled, rince and repeat.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurse stomps hard. He beat Thor bloody, beat him so bad it felt like Thor was legit going to die if no one stepped in. Hulk vs. Thor honestly felt even and Hulk couldn't really hurt him. Thor hurt him more in that fight.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 thedailybagel  Moderator

@darkraiden: dude, despite having mjolnir thor could barely stand by the end. Hulk was ragdoling him in the latter part of the fight.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: fair enough, that further speaks to my point. People are trying to make to seem like it was an even fight when it really wasn't.

They also ignored the fact that Ultron manhandled Thor just as easily as Kurse did but ten Ultron was manhandled by Hulk twice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cregan_stark: Its not a lifting feat and there's no telling how much a leviathan weighs.

Hulk couldn't slap Mjolnir away. No one who is unworthy should be able to move Mjolnir at all, like how it dragged hulk through the air when he tried to grab onto it. Kurse hit it away easily. That's a striking power feat.

When was Kurse taken down by random asgardians?

Kurse clearly wasn't hitting him his hardest because his hardest punch easily sent Thor flying into a mountain. That makes it clear that his earlier punches were less powerful. And just take a look at Thor after getting hit by Kurse. He was stunned and hurt and bloody, and he had little fight left in him. Kurse sent him a good distance away into a mountain, and Thor was so hurt that he couldn't even be up and fighting by the time Kurse made his way over to him. Then take a look at Thor after Hulk hit him. He had literally one drop of blood on his nose, and smiled. Kurse appears to hit harder than Hulk. Hulk is much faster than Kurse, he could have pounded Thor into the ground like Kurse did, but he couldn't. The fact remains that Thor was perfectly fine right after his fight with Hulk, but would actually hurt and bloody after his fight with Kurse.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: dude, despite having mjolnir thor could barely stand by the end. Hulk was ragdoling him in the latter part of the fight.

And he was unharmed and unmarked and fine after it. Enough to be at full strength for the 30,000 ft drop. Kurse on the other hand had him bloody and beaten.

Unusual_Suspect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

When was Kurse taken down by random asgardians?

He mentioned the Kursed, not Kurse, and thus he was undoubtedly referring to the other examples of that transformation that we saw in the explanation sequence for the war in the past with the Dark Elves.

Not exactly the best feat against Kurse himself, but then again, it could be skill alone that makes Kurse such a better fighter than the group of Kursed getting swarmed and killed by Asgardian magitek swords/spears.

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU hulk has the striking feats to defeat kurse alone and having Thor will make it easier

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cregan_stark:

I agree with your logic. Thor and Hulk win he majority.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@jayc1324: you kind of just killed your own argument by saying that no one who is unworthy should be able to move Mjlnoir which is absolutely true. Cap has done it and Vision has done it and neither of them are anywhere near the strength of Hulk. Moving Mjlnoir is not a strength feat unless of course you can prove that he did so with strength alone which is impossible.

Thor wasn't completely fine when Hulk was beating on him, he had no answer, he was fine afterwards when Hulk was distracted, but he was also fine afterwards when kurse was distracted. The biggest amount of damage appeared to come from the rock being throw at Thor followed by the ground and pound.

The fact remains that every single time Hulk hit Thor (even with a casual or playful punch), Thor went flying.

Also you continue to ignore the Ultron feats, he completely and physically dominated Thor just as easily at Kurse did. Yet Ultron was still man handled by Hulk on the only two occasions that they crossed paths.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@leo-343: after Hulk punched Thor through the wall, Thor called for his hammer and was absolutely serious. He hit Hulk in the face with his hammer as hard as he's hit anyone that I've seen, I would call that serious.

He also didn't use his powers against Kurse, we don't know how a proper fight between those two would go either.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor would wreck Hulk so badly if it were in a city. It wouldn't even be a competition. Thor has more powerful and better feats than the Hulk, by leaps and bounds.

Anybody trying to say Hulk could defeat Thor without civilians around is grasping at straws.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

kurse

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0d1gy: no one has said that Hulk is more powerful overall. People are stating facts, Hulk is physically more powerful (just like Kurse) and wrecked Thor in their fight (just like Kurse did).

I literally just said in my last post that Thor didn't use his power when he fought Kurse.

You might need to re-read the thread

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0d1gy: no one has said that Hulk is more powerful overall. People are stating facts, Hulk is physically more powerful (just like Kurse) and wrecked Thor in their fight (just like Kurse did).

I literally just said in my last post that Thor didn't use his power when he fought Kurse.

You might need to re-read the thread

Hulk didn't wreck Thor, Thor was barely bleeding and still fully conscious. He even managed to stun the Hulk with his bare hands. Hulk couldn't even deflect Mjolnir.

Kurse on the other hand, almost killed Thor in a matter of seconds, deflected Mjolnir and wasn't damaged at all, or stunned.

So no, the amount of damage Hulk did to Thor is nowhere near comparable to what Kurse did. Keep grasping at straws.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how does thor stand a chance without his hammer? kurse almost killed him