#1 Posted by Joygirl (19278 posts) - - Show Bio

The Bronze Age brought some really odd changes to comics, didn't they?

vs.

--------------------------------------

Battlefield: Gotham harbor

- In character

- No equipment

Using only their wits and arts of martiality, which "gritty" 70's heroine takes the hilarious cake on this one?

*ahem*

Y'dig?

#2 Posted by deadpool6_6_6 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

kung fu wonder woman was a beat. im going with her.

#3 Posted by Joygirl (19278 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpool6_6_6: She certainly was a swingin' hepcat, diggity dig.

#4 Posted by Joygirl (19278 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump!

#5 Posted by jhazzroucher (15501 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm without powers vs WW without powers?

Storm clearly wins the h2h combat

#6 Posted by Pokeysteve (8233 posts) - - Show Bio

What an awesome idea for a thread. I have no idea where their h2h prowess was in that time period though. Just wanted to compliment the neato burrito idea.

#7 Posted by Joygirl (19278 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve said:

What an awesome idea for a thread. I have no idea where their h2h prowess was in that time period though. Just wanted to compliment the neato burrito idea.

Thanks. ^_^

As for h2h prowess, Storm single-handedly defeated Cyclops without powers during this time. I'm not sure what WW did since I didn't read those comics, she was basically a kung-fu private eye hepcat. But she held her own book for several years so she must have been good enough.

#8 Posted by Saren (25558 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice thread. I'm really tired right now but I can have some Kung Fu Wonder Woman feats up tomorrow.

#9 Posted by Pokeysteve (8233 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

@Pokeysteve said:

Thanks. ^_^

As for h2h prowess, Storm single-handedly defeated Cyclops without powers during this time. I'm not sure what WW did since I didn't read those comics, she was basically a kung-fu private eye hepcat. But she held her own book for several years so she must have been good enough.

You're welcome. I think that was right around the time I-Ching trained Wonder Woman.

#10 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8279 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there anyone who can post feats from this era?

#11 Posted by TAneT62 (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

I just found these :P

#12 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

#13 Posted by Saren (25558 posts) - - Show Bio

Badabump.

Here are some feats from Kung Fu Wonder Woman:

Training under I-Ching:

Beating up Dr. Cyber's Hunter-Falcons (apparently they were superior to regular falcons? Cyber seemed quite proud of them):

Beats up a few members of the Tiger Tong:

More of the Tong:

Some Asian girl who worked for Cyber (Asian character in the 70's, therefore obviously a martial arts champ :P)

While tied up, defeats Cyber, tears off some metal chains and beats up some guards:

Kills a Gnarth with the help of Ranagor:

Some thugs:

There are more. Anyone feel like making a debate of it?

@Joygirl said:

As for h2h prowess, Storm single-handedly defeated Cyclops without powers during this time.

Madelyne Pryor manipulated Scott into losing that fight.

#14 Posted by Phylos (2641 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread makes me smile.

#15 Posted by Joygirl (19278 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, nice pile of scans! I'm surprised less raindrops have shown up to hold the other end up. And sorry, didn't know Madelyne Pryor was involved -- I don't really read anything earlier than the 90's so I'm unfamiliar with these bronzies.

#16 Posted by Erik (32035 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@Joygirl said:

As for h2h prowess, Storm single-handedly defeated Cyclops without powers during this time.

Madelyne Pryor manipulated Scott into losing that fight.

I am glad someone else knows this. I was getting tired of being the only person who seemed have that knowledge.

#17 Posted by Onemoreposter (4004 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana.

#18 Posted by ImmortalOne (3368 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

Diana.

#19 Edited by Joygirl (19278 posts) - - Show Bio

blimp

#20 Edited by dondave (35921 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman

#21 Edited by Lady_Liberty (8279 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering Diana's long list of feats (posted in this thread), and Storms very short list, I think its safe to say Diana is the superior unarmed combatant and will win.

#22 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

false,wonder woman is a much better fighter,and kung fu wonder woman has a long list of feats,she wins.

#23 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3785 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: That was a year ago and it's been proven within the thread that Wonder Woman wins.

#24 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: That was a year ago and it's been proven within the thread that Wonder Woman wins.

i was so bored that i responded.

#25 Posted by DarkRaiden (6883 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll say Punk Storm. I remember her beating Wolverine in that time period as well, and becoming the leader of the X-men.....without any powers.