vs

Zeus

battle rules:

morals off for kratos

morals on for Zeus

win by death

#2 Posted by XImpossibruX (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

No idea what morals on Zeus would do.

I'm going to say Kratos, mostly because morals on is usually just an opening for said character to job to a weaker foe.

#3 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is this Zeus character from?

#4 Posted by Immortal777 (6826 posts) - - Show Bio

This could only be Zeus from God of War because there no other reason Kratos should stand a chance.

#5 Posted by goodguy24 (704 posts) - - Show Bio

Any Version of Zeus would stomp.

#6 Posted by ShootingNova (15469 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Kratos have the Blade of Olympus?

I could only imagine this is GoW. Marvel and above should stomp. DC shouldn't be included due to lack of feats and fighting. Mythology just blinkstomps.

#7 Posted by laflux (14097 posts) - - Show Bio

all versions of zeus stomp. Kratos only won due to cis and pis. this is coming from a massive gow fan

#8 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus easily. Even GoW stomps Kratos.

#9 Edited by Gold_Kitsune (204 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't the game end with Kratos stomping Zeus into the dirt? There is already a canon winner here, at the end of the game (GoW3) you kill Zeus then you suicide.

also Kratos....morals? wat?

#10 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gold_Kitsune said:

Doesn't the game end with Kratos stomping Zeus into the dirt? There is already a canon winner here, at the end of the game (GoW3) you kill Zeus then you suicide.

Yes it does, however Kratos defeated Zeus because of power of hope (without which he can't even injure Zeus)+various weapons and items+Blade of Olympus (a weapon which Zeus himself created)+plot reasons, of course kratos had been hunting Zeus since the beginning of GOW2 and in the end you don't kill him? of course you will, Zeus ONESHOTTED ALL THE TITANS so if we put the plot reason aside Zeus should be able to blink kratos out of existence.

If this is mythology Zeus then he blinks kratos out of existence without willing it to happen.

#11 Edited by Darrius (72 posts) - - Show Bio

This is my first post. Happy to be here. I look forward to lots of meaningless, but fun, time-wasting debates with fellow fiction nerds like myself. With that said.....

Obviously I assume that the TC can only mean GOW Zeus, and not the one that people use to worship in real-life.

@Gold_Kitsune said:

This

@laflux said:

all versions of zeus stomp. Kratos only won due to cis and pis. this is coming from a massive gow fan

Zeus would only engage Kratos after pis. At the beginning of GOW1 Kratos knew that he couldn't engage any god. So he set out to find the power to kill a god, power which was contained in Pandora's box, and did find it. He used that power to challenge Ares. Ares took the power that he and the other gods lent Kratos leaving him with only the power from the box. Kratos took the sword from Athena statue, which I believe was the sword of olympus but had no magical power. Kratos killed Ares and subsequently took over his throne as the new God of War. My point in all of this is simply to illustrate that Kratos used his own power to kill Ares.

In the beginning of GOW2 Kratos pours all of his godly powers into the Blade of Olympus. That was PIS all the way, I remember looking for a way to avoid doing that when I first encounter that part of the game. After Kratos poured all of his godly power into the Blade, then Zeus attacked and killed him, but death can't hold Kratos it only makes him mad. So, you had Kratos going on another journey to find the power to kill Zeus. PIS doesn't hold up here because were both times where it cut against him and times where it cut for him.

Moreover Kratos has demonstrated the ability to formulate long-term strategy, to make allies where necessary, to seek and commission weapons when necessary, to avoid (or at least attempt to avoid) fights that don't advance his cause, and to abstain from challenging opponents until he has gathered the strength to win the fight. The fact that he has an ally when he needs one is not pis, it's a strength of the character.

All other versions of Zeus may stomp, but GOW Zeus dies a bloody death.

P.S.

I don't think Zeus one-shotted all the Titans. After all, they did have a full-blown war with most, if not all, of the Olympus god involved. Kratos beat all of the Titans as well, although I suppose one could argue that Zeus already had them imprisoned.

#12 Edited by MKMarvelDCfan4life (256 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Zeus godstomps Kratos, but DC Zeus and GoW Zeus will be killed by Kratos. Zeus also wins by:

#13 Posted by ShootingNova (15469 posts) - - Show Bio

@MKMarvelDCfan4life said:

Marvel Zeus godstomps Kratos, but DC Zeus and GoW Zeus will be killed by Kratos

What? DC lacks feats. GoW would still own Kratos.

#14 Posted by MKMarvelDCfan4life (256 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

Kratos had killed GoW Zeus, not because of the game, but because of the Blade of Olympus which can kill any god.

#15 Posted by ShootingNova (15469 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

Kratos had killed GoW Zeus, not because of the game, but because of the Blade of Olympus which can kill any god.

Yes, and because of PIS and other plot-induced reasons. Zeus can easily destroy Kratos, if you read the novel and so on.

#16 Posted by Darrius (72 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@ShootingNova said:

Yes, and because of PIS and other plot-induced reasons. Zeus can easily destroy Kratos, if you read the novel and so on.

Again, Kratos has already won this in the canon. What PIS are you talking about?

#17 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darrius said:

@ShootingNova said:

@ShootingNova said:

Again, Kratos has already won this in the canon. What PIS are you talking about?

LOL what PIS seriosuly? did you see when Zeus oneshotted all the titans? did you see when he became titan sized and obliterated the whole sparta city within 15 seconds? did you see when he contained chaos itself in pandora's box? did you see when in his weak state created a huge lightning bolt and stomped Gaia and Kratos? did you read in the novel when he changed the course of mediterenian ocean with a mere breath? did you read when he forsaw what will happen thousands of years ahead of time? Do you even know that the directors stated that Zeus took a mortal form in GOW1(grave digger) since his presence would have killed kratos? if you want i can continue

Power of hope is the power of the olympians without kratos cant even scratch Zeus, Blade of olympus is a creation of Zeus that was used against him by kratos (which Zeus gave him). If Kratos and GOW Zeus go against each other without PIS Zeus can obliterate kratos with a breath.

#18 Posted by ShootingNova (15469 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darrius said:

@ShootingNova said:

@ShootingNova said:

Refer to Justleader's post.

#19 Posted by Darrius (72 posts) - - Show Bio

@justleader said:

LOL what PIS seriosuly? did you see when Zeus oneshotted all the titans? did you see when he became titan sized and obliterated the whole sparta city within 15 seconds? did you see when he contained chaos itself in pandora's box? did you see when in his weak state created a huge lightning bolt and stomped Gaia and Kratos? did you read in the novel when he changed the course of mediterenian ocean with a mere breath? did you read when he forsaw what will happen thousands of years ahead of time? Do you even know that the directors stated that Zeus took a mortal form in GOW1(grave digger) since his presence would have killed kratos? if you want i can continue

Power of hope is the power of the olympians without kratos cant even scratch Zeus, Blade of olympus is a creation of Zeus that was used against him by kratos (which Zeus gave him). If Kratos and GOW Zeus go against each other without PIS Zeus can obliterate kratos with a breath.

Realizing that you need "X" in order to kill your enemy and deliberately setting out to get "X" so that you can kill them is not PIS, it's part of the origin story. We saw the entire journey of Kratos finding this power. Preparation is not a plot device.

The fact is Kratos is just a better fighter than the Olympus gods are. Whenever Kratos is in postion to look over at them instead of up at them, Kratos will win a fight against any one of them because he has more skill to win once the fight comes to trading blows. We know that Kratos wasn't able to kill any god before he opened Pandora's box, once he opened the box, he had both the power to stand up to them and the skill to win.

None of what you wrote means that Zeus had the ability to kill Kratos on a consistent basis. In order for it to do that you would have to prove that Zeus could simply smite any god or titan completely out of existence, from the upper world and from the under world, with a single unavoidable, unblockable attack. Zeus can't do that to a god or titan. The titans were strong enough to engage the gods in full-scale war. After the war the titans were imprisoned, not obliterated. By the time Zeus saw Kratos as an enemy, Kratos was a proper Olympus god, and Zeus could not smite him out of existence any more than he could any other god or titan. Zeus had to weaken Kratos before he attacked him.

And since you have clearly bought into the notion of Hope as a weapon and not as a mental characteristic (for the record I have not), I will point out that Kratos got it out of Pandora's box at the end of GOW1. That means that he had when he killed every god that he killed, and all throughout GOW 2 & 3. Once he got it out of the box it was his; Athena put it in the box freely and none of the gods had strength enough to take it back.

#20 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darrius said:

@justleader said:

Realizing that you need "X" in order to kill your enemy and deliberately setting out to get "X" so that you can kill them is not PIS, it's part of the origin story. We saw the entire journey of Kratos finding this power. Preparation is not a plot device.

The fact is Kratos is just a better fighter than the Olympus gods are. Whenever Kratos is in postion to look over at them instead of up at them, Kratos will win a fight against any one of them because he has more skill to win once the fight comes to trading blows. We know that Kratos wasn't able to kill any god before he opened Pandora's box, once he opened the box, he had both the power to stand up to them and the skill to win.

None of what you wrote means that Zeus had the ability to kill Kratos on a consistent basis. In order for it to do that you would have to prove that Zeus could simply smite any god or titan completely out of existence, from the upper world and from the under world, with a single unavoidable, unblockable attack. Zeus can't do that to a god or titan. The titans were strong enough to engage the gods in full-scale war. After the war the titans were imprisoned, not obliterated. By the time Zeus saw Kratos as an enemy, Kratos was a proper Olympus god, and Zeus could not smite him out of existence any more than he could any other god or titan. Zeus had to weaken Kratos before he attacked him.

And since you have clearly bought into the notion of Hope as a weapon and not as a mental characteristic (for the record I have not), I will point out that Kratos got it out of Pandora's box at the end of GOW1. That means that he had when he killed every god that he killed, and all throughout GOW 2 & 3. Once he got it out of the box it was his; Athena put it in the box freely and none of the gods had strength enough to take it back.

Well you said it yourself it's part of the story, do you expect kratos not killing the gods after all his journey? obviosuly not, and the gods and titans in terms of power are far more powerful than kratos.

Power of hope isn't a plot device? seriously what was all GOW1 about? it was so that kratos could obtain the only weapon that can kill a god (other than BoO) which is power of hope, without it kratos cant even scratch any god

did you see how the great war ended? Zeus created an extremely powerful weapon the blade of olympus which defeated all the titans (which are more than 12 in number) and you're gonna convince me that he can't do that to kratos? And could kratos have defeated poseidon without gaia and PIS (poseidon standing and doing nothing for 15 seconds and using a shitty attack)? imagine kratos standing on the ground and poseidon was in his several kilometer watery form, what on earth could kratos do in this position? kratos alone can't even stand the slightiest chance against the gods.

Yep, you said it, without hope kratos can touch the gods

#21 Posted by Darrius (72 posts) - - Show Bio

@justleader said:

Well you said it yourself it's part of the story, do you expect kratos not killing the gods after all his journey? obviosuly not, and the gods and titans in terms of power are far more powerful than kratos.

Power of hope isn't a plot device? seriously what was all GOW1 about? it was so that kratos could obtain the only weapon that can kill a god (other than BoO) which is power of hope, without it kratos cant even scratch any god

did you see how the great war ended? Zeus created an extremely powerful weapon the blade of olympus which defeated all the titans (which are more than 12 in number) and you're gonna convince me that he can't do that to kratos? And could kratos have defeated poseidon without gaia and PIS (poseidon standing and doing nothing for 15 seconds and using a shitty attack)? imagine kratos standing on the ground and poseidon was in his several kilometer watery form, what on earth could kratos do in this position? kratos alone can't even stand the slightiest chance against the gods.

I can't tell whether we are agreeing or not.

It's like your saying Hal Jordan needs PIS in order to beat "Character X". And I said "what PIS". And you say, "The plot device where a green lantern just comes to him on its own. Without that green lantern ring, he can't beat anybody." Well, yeah he needs a ring to defeat his enemies, and if he had never gotten a ring he wouldn't be able to even challenge his enemies; but it's not PIS for Hal Jordan to have a green lantern ring. It's part of the definition of the character.

It's the same thing here. Kratos needed what was in the Box at GOW1 in order to kill a god. He got what was in the box and it is part of his character now. You keep saying that without hope Kratos can (I assume you mean "can't") touch the gods. But he has hope, it's part of who he is, and he has had it the whole time Zeus was his enemy.

#22 Posted by ShootingNova (15469 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darrius: I think he's saying that in the majority of the series, Kratos did not have Hope. Kratos only tapped into the power of Hope once beforehand when he defeated Ares.

#23 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darrius said:

@justleader said:

I can't tell whether we are agreeing or not.

It's like your saying Hal Jordan needs PIS in order to beat "Character X". And I said "what PIS". And you say, "The plot device where a green lantern just comes to him on its own. Without that green lantern ring, he can't beat anybody." Well, yeah he needs a ring to defeat his enemies, and if he had never gotten a ring he wouldn't be able to even challenge his enemies; but it's not PIS for Hal Jordan to have a green lantern ring. It's part of the definition of the character.

It's the same thing here. Kratos needed what was in the Box at GOW1 in order to kill a god. He got what was in the box and it is part of his character now. You keep saying that without hope Kratos can (I assume you mean "can't") touch the gods. But he has hope, it's part of who he is, and he has had it the whole time Zeus was his enemy.

Yes, so what im saying kratos alone cant defeat the gods, hope is a plot device, and when i say PIS i meant like Zeus oneshotting all the titans, destroying sparta in 15 seconds, stomping gaia and kratos, containg chaos, changing the course of the meditaranean sea with a breath, able to forsee thousands of years ahead, making an insanely smart plan (if you read the novel you'll see what Zeus' plan was all along).

Of course Zeus' best feat is oneshotting all titans, and you think each titan is just a walking mountain? Absolutely not, Kronos for example defeated Uranus(stated in the novel) who gave life to the whole universe(stated in the comics), along with Gaia who is the mother of all creation (stated in the comics), along with atlas (who can hold the entire world) and all the other titans, all are very powerful and he oneshotted them making it a very very impressive feat, which is more than enough proof you should have to say that kratos defeated Zeus due to PIS.

And Poseidon, you're gping to tell me that vs poseidon wasn't PIS? Poseidon is several kilometers tall imagine kratos without gaia? he would be smaller than an insect to poseidon, though powerful but he's still an insect, remember poseidon is much much taller than the titans (who some of them like Gaia are 1 kilometers tall or something close to that, stated by director himself). And that's only poseidon's height, im not even talking about using his lightning powers which can bring down atlas and in ghost of sparta he summoned a lightning storm that can be seen across all the city.

Fact is Poseidon and Zeus are definitely PIS the others are debatable, but even others are PIS, like helios who is stated to be able to destroy the world, meaning he can easily destroy kratos. But the power of PIS wins against all.

#24 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777 said:

This could only be Zeus from God of War because there no other reason Kratos should stand a chance.

#25 Edited by Darrius (72 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@Darrius: I think he's saying that in the majority of the series, Kratos did not have Hope. Kratos only tapped into the power of Hope once beforehand when he defeated Ares.

I'm not so sure that is what he is saying. If Kratos didn't have hope then he killed a string of gods solely on his own power. I don't think that is what he is trying to say. Moreover he got hope out of Pandora's box in GOW1, he had to have had it ever since then. If he didn't have it again until he faced Zeus at the end of GOW3, where did it go in between those times? I think he doesn't want to concede that Kratos had any power to do any thing on an Olympus level.

I tend to look at the "hope in a box" thing as sub-story about self-confidence...like saying the knowledge that he was able to get Pandora's box gave him the courage to believe in himself to do what he could do all along. Hope is a mental quality. In my view saying "Kratos can't beat a god without hope" is akin to saying "Kratos can't beat a god unless he believes in himself." Sure that's true, but no one can do anything unless he/she believes in himself/herself. Lack of faith in oneself would turn stomp/spite wins into losses.

But he treats as a weapon, like finding a sword in the box, so I go along with it. I haven't argued the point because I view whatever Kratos found in Pandora's box to be part of his character, so it doesn't matter whether it is a weapon, a mental quality, a magic power, or a reverse psychology trick.

@justleader said:

Yes, so what im saying kratos alone cant defeat the gods, hope is a plot device,....

Do you consider it plot device for Hal Jordan to defeat his enemies by using a green lantern ring?

#26 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darrius: no, but hal is meant to have it since it chose him, did hope choose kratos? Nope he got it, and my main point isnt power of hope, my whole point are that the gods' feats are very impressive which makes them more than enough to easily destroy kratos.

#27 Posted by Darrius (72 posts) - - Show Bio

@justleader said:

@Darrius: no, but hal is meant to have it since it chose him, did hope choose kratos? Nope he got it, and my main point isnt power of hope, my whole point are that the gods' feats are very impressive which makes them more than enough to easily destroy kratos.

So because the ring came to Hal Jordan of it own volition and without any initiative from Hal the ring is a part of his character, but because Kratos took the initiative to seek out the power to kill a god and succeeded that power is not a part of his character. I guess we can agree to disagree on this. I see it as being closer the exact opposite. Kratos worked, fought, and bled to get that power; Hal didn't put in any work to get his ring. If anyone deserves their power more, I would say it is the guy who actually worked for it.

I guess we can agree to disagree on the feats as well or rather on what they prove (I don't necessarily disagree with the feats). The defeating "A" doesn't prove the ability to defeat "C" especially when "C" has defeated "A" as well, which is the case we have here. However, defeating "X" does prove the ability to defeat "X" which also the case we have here. The feats are impressive, but they don't prove that said gods have the power and skill to kill Kratos in a battle.

#28 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darrius said:

@justleader said:

So because the ring came to Hal Jordan of it own volition and without any initiative from Hal the ring is a part of his character, but because Kratos took the initiative to seek out the power to kill a god and succeeded that power is not a part of his character. I guess we can agree to disagree on this. I see it as being closer the exact opposite. Kratos worked, fought, and bled to get that power; Hal didn't put in any work to get his ring. If anyone deserves their power more, I would say it is the guy who actually worked for it.

I guess we can agree to disagree on the feats as well or rather on what they prove (I don't necessarily disagree with the feats). The defeating "A" doesn't prove the ability to defeat "C" especially when "C" has defeated "A" as well, which is the case we have here. However, defeating "X" does prove the ability to defeat "X" which also the case we have here. The feats are impressive, but they don't prove that said gods have the power and skill to kill Kratos in a battle.

Yeah well kratos cant harm the titans without the blade of olympus, without it he is an ant that is standiing in the titans' way and would get stepped on, also kratos defeated atlas and atlas was completely focusing on kratos right? And Kronos surely seemed full powered when kratos was fighting him right? And most importantly kratos can oneshot all the titans combined right? Zeus oneshotted all the titans so just tell me what possibly could kratos do without PIS? And Poseidon is several kilometers tall tell me what could kratos alone do? just tell me and dont ignore the question.

#29 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus wins

#30 Posted by Laurcus (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@justleader said:

@Darrius said:

@justleader said:

Yeah well kratos cant harm the titans without the blade of olympus, without it he is an ant that is standiing in the titans' way and would get stepped on, also kratos defeated atlas and atlas was completely focusing on kratos right? And Kronos surely seemed full powered when kratos was fighting him right? And most importantly kratos can oneshot all the titans combined right? Zeus oneshotted all the titans so just tell me what possibly could kratos do without PIS? And Poseidon is several kilometers tall tell me what could kratos alone do? just tell me and dont ignore the question.

Kratos would block all of Poseidon's ranged attacks, and wait for Poseidon to try and melee him. Kratos would then grab whatever part of his body or weapon he uses to melee Kratos, and Kratos would then rip it off, or in the case of a weapon, take it from him and throw it.

You wanna know an interesting fact? No one has EVER out muscled Kratos without Kratos being weakened first. This includes Zeus in the GOW 2 boss fight, as well as pretty much every other boss ever that has had a QTE.

#31 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

@Laurcus said:

@justleader said:

@Darrius said:

@justleader said:

Kratos would block all of Poseidon's ranged attacks, and wait for Poseidon to try and melee him. Kratos would then grab whatever part of his body or weapon he uses to melee Kratos, and Kratos would then rip it off, or in the case of a weapon, take it from him and throw it.

You wanna know an interesting fact? No one has EVER out muscled Kratos without Kratos being weakened first. This includes Zeus in the GOW 2 boss fight, as well as pretty much every other boss ever that has had a QTE.

In GOW 3 poseidon was using joke attacks, he brought down atlas with his lightning so obviously he can bring down kratos, and without gaia kratos cant even see poseidon since he is several kilometers tall.

Well guess what? muscle doesnt mean anything when you're dealing with someone who can oneshot all the titans including gaia, and destroy a city within seconds, and a being who is miles taller than you.

#32 Edited by Laurcus (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@justleader said:

@Laurcus said:

@justleader said:

@Darrius said:

@justleader said:

In GOW 3 poseidon was using joke attacks, he brought down atlas with his lightning so obviously he can bring down kratos, and without gaia kratos cant even see poseidon since he is several kilometers tall.

Well guess what? muscle doesnt mean anything when you're dealing with someone who can oneshot all the titans including gaia, and destroy a city within seconds, and a being who is miles taller than you.

You have no proof that Poseidon was using, "joke attacks" that's speculation pulled out of god know's where. Poseidon's lightning one shotting Atlas doesn't mean it would one shot Kratos. And yes, I am suggesting that Kratos has greater durability than Atlas and the other Titans, and by feats he does. Kratos blocked Zeus's lightning attack at the end of the boss fight in GOW 2, Kratos also held off Hades' soul rip attack, an attack that also one shotted a Titan.

I'm pretty sure size doesn't mean crap. I've played the games, I've seen what Kratos does to foes bigger than himself. He murders them. He out muscled Cronos and Atlas multiple times. It doesn't matter if Poseidon is miles taller than Kratos. Kratos will tear him apart bit by bit if he needs to, because that's what Kratos does.

Do you think Poseidon was just goofing off for the lawls when Kratos was pummeling him, when he snapped his neck with his bare hands?

#33 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

@Laurcus said:

@justleader said:

@Laurcus said:

@justleader said:

@Darrius said:

@justleader said:

You have no proof that Poseidon was using, "joke attacks" that's speculation pulled out of god know's where. Poseidon's lightning one shotting Atlas doesn't mean it would one shot Kratos. And yes, I am suggesting that Kratos has greater durability than Atlas and the other Titans, and by feats he does. Kratos blocked Zeus's lightning attack at the end of the boss fight in GOW 2, Kratos also held off Hades' soul rip attack, an attack that also one shotted a Titan.

I'm pretty sure size doesn't mean crap. I've played the games, I've seen what Kratos does to foes bigger than himself. He murders them. He out muscled Cronos and Atlas multiple times. It doesn't matter if Poseidon is miles taller than Kratos. Kratos will tear him apart bit by bit if he needs to, because that's what Kratos does.

Do you think Poseidon was just goofing off for the lawls when Kratos was pummeling him, when he snapped his neck with his bare hands?

Ok, so when poseidon can put down atlas (who can hold the whole world) and conjure a city level lightning storm then he uses a street level attack, what do you call that? LOLOLOLOL so you're saying kratos has more durability than a guy who holds the world? Beautiful trolling, very very beautiful. Yeah Zeus was using very strong lightning strikes in GOW2 that's what you call PIS, remind me what he did to kratos and gaia at the beginning of GOW3 WHILE HE WAS VERY WEAK? Oh yeah that's right he oneshotted them even when he was very weak, so it's complete PIS. remind me what was Hades like in the great war? he made trees look like ants, and his mere jump was taller than a mountain, while human sized hades definitely doesnt have the same size like titan sized hades.

Is that so? so you should know that kratos climbed kronos 3 days in GOW1 and kronos was even sitting so if kronos was standing it would take kratos a weak to climb kronos, but what happened in GOW3? the directors reduced kronos' size so the fight can be playable, a good PIS reason, and wasnt kronos holding pandora's temple (a multiple city size) on his back for a thousand years? and didnt he lose his powers? and didnt kratos use the blade of olympus? but i guess you didnt consider any of these reasons.

Yeah, so kratos will rip bit by bit a multi kilometer tall being? good trolling, and of course gaia didnt have any part in kratos winning against poseidon right?

#34 Posted by whydama (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos doesnt have a prayer against Zeus

#35 Posted by zaylong (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I had to post here to clarify things. It's almost as if nobody here even watched any of the cutscenes in GoWIII.

Kratos used the power of Hope to defeat Ares yes this is true. But after that the power was dormant inside of him and he was never able to bring out its power again until the climax of GoWIII, The reason for this (if any of you had even played the game and paid attention) Is because of Kratos's sense of guilt and self doubt over the traumatizing act that he committed against his own family. It's revealed that Kratos was still suffering from this and that he never forgave himself for what happened. Once He fought the "spirit" of Zeus, and he had that inward journey in his psyche, He finally came to that realization that he needed to let go and forgive himself for what happened in order for him to move on, and when he did the Power of Hope returned to him from GoWI, which allowed him to destroy Zeus.

Since the PoH was dormant in him through all of the game, it's pretty clear cut that he was able to kill gods/titans without the Power of Hope, because we can clearly see how it manifests itself in the game. It stands to reason that the reason Kratos needed Hope was because obviously Zeus was the most powerful of the gods, But also because Zeus had been corrupted by one of the Evils, Fear in particular which seemed to be responsible for his Ethereal spirit like form (which was the only form that was actually able to defeat kratos and disarm him). So you could easily make the argument that both of them had arguments to their power, that only came out during the climax of the fight, Zeus had Fear, and Kratos had Hope, and Hope defeated Fear. That's the whole point people.

Now with that said this whole argument is kind of mute. Saying "Hey who would win if X character didn't have the power they needed to beat Y character" is pretty pointless. It's like saying "Hey who would Win if Goku never turned into a Super Saiyan against Freiza?" Yes obviously Freiza would have won, but it's not even a far scenario to make because you are handicapping the character by taking away a fundamental part of their character as a whole. It's like taking away super mans super strength, or Iron Mans intellect. I don't understand the point in ripping off someones arms and then telling them to go box.

With that said it's pretty clear cut Kratos beats GoW Zeus, because....Kratos beat GoW Zeus. Kratos is a Demigod (something else people seem to have forgotten) So he naturally has godly might to begin with.