discuss this here.

jacobyLIVE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jacobyLIVE

Wolverine. In the end, his skeleton still can't be broken by Kratos, no matter what his blades can do.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By spidey 15

What weapons does he have in this batttle???
"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By "Colossus"

blades

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By spidey 15

He don't have the Blade of the Gods? Well it will be really hard but Kratos could still KO him...=]
Iceberg8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Iceberg8

Kratos would do what world war Hulk Did to wolverine
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Matezoide2

Kratos overkill

@spidey 15 said:

" He don't have the Blade of the Gods? Well it will be really hard but Kratos could still KO him...=] "

agreed,just keep slashing/knocking Wolverine around until he can take no more
if Kratos haves magic,the fight is over even faster 
heck,at full power during the end of God of War 3

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By spidey 15
@Matezoide said:
"Kratos overkill

@spidey 15 said:
" He don't have the Blade of the Gods? Well it will be really hard but Kratos could still KO him...=] "

Zeus cant even make Kratos flinch and he healed from a broken neck,just to kill Zeus with his bare fists
"

IMO that was PISSSSS..... but cool...=]
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Matezoide2
@spidey 15 said:
" @Matezoide said:
"Kratos overkill

@spidey 15 said:

"
IMO that was PISSSSS..... but cool...=] "
it wasnt if you consider the context
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By spidey 15
@Matezoide said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @Matezoide said:
"Kratos overkill

@spidey 15 said:

Zeus cant even make Kratos flinch and he healed from a broken neck,just to kill Zeus with his bare fists
"
it wasnt if you consider the context "

Yeah.... that's something!
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Matezoide2
@spidey 15 said:
" @Matezoide said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @Matezoide said:
"Kratos overkill

@spidey 15 said:

"
Yeah.... that's something! "
but really,it was so freaking epic,there wasnt a better way to finish Zeus,seriously
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By spidey 15
@Matezoide said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @Matezoide said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @Matezoide said:
"Kratos overkill

@spidey 15 said:

"
but really,it was so freaking epic,there wasnt a better way to finish Zeus,seriously "

Agree... the whole screen was full of blood... creepy...lol. But seriusly was epic to finish someone that you really hate with you're own hands...=]
Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz

What's with the Kratos battles today? Kratos will win.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Matezoide2
@spidey 15: 
indeed,i kept punching him after he was dead for about 5 minutes

@JoeRiccadonna:
it is because of God of War 3
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By spidey 15
@Matezoide:
LLOOLL
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Matezoide2
@spidey 15: 
i was like ''die you f*cking b@stard,i have waited for this moment for about 4-5 years!! haha!''
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By spidey 15
@Matezoide:

You're scary... remind me not to make you angry ever!!!
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Matezoide2
@spidey 15:
haha,dont worry,i will
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By spidey 15
@Matezoide:
I feel better now!!!=]
Dark Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dark Zoom
@Matezoide said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @Matezoide said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @Matezoide said:
"Kratos overkill

@spidey 15 said:

"
but really,it was so freaking epic,there wasnt a better way to finish Zeus,seriously "
true true
YoungThriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By YoungThriller

Kratos

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mooty_Pass

Wolverine unless Kratos has some carbonadium (hope i spelled it right) then yes but really Wolvie really has this

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Wolverine slaughters.

Steps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Steps

Step 1:Wolverine kills in a hard fought battle with Kratos

Step 2:Kratos escapes death and continues the fight

Step 3:Rinse and repeat

Conclusion: Stalemate

Gold_Kitsune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Gold_Kitsune

I'm gonna go with a stomp feast in Kratos's favor. He's a freaking GOD SLAYER, Even if he can't break/cut Wolverines skeleton.....thats all that would be left of him

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Decoy Elite

@god_spawn said:

Wolverine slaughters.

Nope.

Kratos's physical stats are through the roof and he's got the speed to tag to Wolverine. He can KO Wolverine here after a good fight, assuming it's not Kratos with some of his insanely over powered weapons.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Gold_Kitsune said:

I'm gonna go with a stomp feast in Kratos's favor. He's a freaking GOD SLAYER, Even if he can't break/cut Wolverines skeleton.....thats all that would be left of him

And Wolverine has stood up to and defeated Gods and demons himself, not to mentions tangles with more dangerous opponents than Kratos. Kratos isn't as skilled, and can't tank much of what Wolverine dishes whereas Wolverine can soak up his blows and is fast, agile and skilled enough to close a short distance and take him apart.

@Decoy Elite: I always assume he has basic weaponry. It's like with Dante in DMC. He has had a lot of weapons throughout his career but my standard gear for him is Rebellion and Ebony and Ivory. If Kratos has access to magic and more advanced weaponry I would agree but against Kratos with whatever blades are welded to his arms at the beginning of the games, Wolverine should take him but not in a stomp.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Decoy Elite

@god_spawn: I disagree, due to the speed and range of the blades(not to mention Wolverine's tank nature at times) Kratos should be able to start slicing Wolverine up. This would slow Wolverine down enough for Kratos to get his hands on Wolverine and at that point the fight is basically over because Kratos has the sheer brute force to KO Wolverine.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Joeybagad0nutz said:

What's with the Kratos battles today? Kratos will win.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Decoy Elite: I disagree. There isn't much of a distance to begin with since none was given and there is no reason Wolverine can't close a short gap before Kratos throws his blades if he choses to do so. Wolverine has been sliced up plenty of times, the blades aren't breaking adamantium or anything and would just slice him. If Wolverine does get sent back he has dealt with enough bricks he knows when he should dodge and his limits and when he should start dodging instead of tanking. His healing lets him tank some slashes and he is fast enough to dodge and close the distance. He is a better fighter than Kratos by a fair margin and his adamantium will wreck him. This isn't an easy fight for Kratos but I don't see him taking majority. In fact I'd say his strength is a better way to put Logan down than the swords.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Decoy Elite

@god_spawn: Kratos can take an insane amount of damage himself and unlike most bricks Wolverine has fought he sure as heck doesn't look it. Wolverine will get close and that's when Kratos can grab him, he'll notice his blades aren't effect and should resort to melee(as he did with multiple gods in the 3rd game). I agree he only wins with his strength here, but he's smart enough to use said strength in once Wolverine is close enough. And give his strength feats, is outright possible that he could one shot Wolverine. Wolverine's speed and agility are his best advantages but he doesn't know enough about just what his opponent is capable of to take proper advantage of them before getting KOed.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Decoy Elite: He doesn't have to know about his opponent to dodge. Logan is smarter anyways and is a much better fighter. He knows limits and he does not tank all the time. He has had plenty of fights with bricks to know when he should dodge and can gauge Kratos based off of the first hits if he does decide to tank. Kratos can't compensate for Wolverine's speed and skill and claws with just strength and a skill gap that big.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Decoy Elite

@god_spawn: Logan can be a much better fighter. Fact of the matter is there are several instances of him screwing his skill and instead tanking everything. Kratos's first attack will no doubt be from his blades, which don't show off his brick nature. Kratos isn't some unskilled hack, while I agree Wolverine has an edge there(although I disagree with him making good use of it, because he tends not to), Kratos is still a very well trained and skilled combatant.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By spidey 15

In this thread i have said that Kratos would win, but in a more recent thread( which was under similar circumstances where Kratos only had his blades and not any magic or other weapon ), i supported wolverine for the majority. It would be an epic fight, but IMO Logan's skills( which i believe are far superior considering his technical knowledge and in what way he took some of his foes down ), his durability( which is enough to let him last long enough ), healing factor( which will let him to heal any wounds from the blades ) and his claws( which will make it easier for him to hurt Kratos badly ), then i think Logan has the advantage here. Of course these are the advantages considering that Kratos lack his magic and other weapons.

:)

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Decoy Elite

@spidey 15: Good to see you again. Now maybe Matezoid will come out of hiding to school you. :P

Kratos has enhanced durability of his own, and he has the strength required to KO Wolverine. Given how Wolverine tends to fight against newer opponents that he lacks knowledge on(tanking and uses none of his true skill) I'd say Kratos can catch him off guard with his strength and win this one.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By spidey 15

@Decoy Elite: Thanks man! Are you sure? Because i've already discussed that with Mate and we've come to an agreement to disagreement IIRC! :P

His durability is indeed extremely high, but it will do him no good considering how easily Logan's claws have pierce Hulk's or Thing's skin( which i believe are more durable than Kratos ). I know that it has been established that Logan tends to fight stupidly most of them time, but for me, that's not even CIS, it's more like PIS to me. Being so highly trained and so physically powerful, it would be stupid, it does not make any sense to not have the character combine these advantages most of the time, especially if he is against people he lacks knowledge of. But that's just my opinion. A properly written Loga should be able to outskill Kratos IMO. Also, indeed Kratos has the strength to KO him, there is no doubt of that, the thing is that, would he be able to do it, before Logan kills him, considering Logan's durability feats? According to most of them, he can take some serious beating before going down from stronger opponents than Kratos.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Decoy Elite

@spidey 15: I will break your pact! No more diplomatic immunity!

Cutting Kratos will make him bleed, but he's got plenty of blood, also IIRC he heals quickly(obviously he's no Wolverine but still).

How is it PIS when it is almost completely consistent for the character? I agree that if he fought skillfully Wolverine would win, but he doesn't fight skillfully a majority of the time as far as I can tell.

Logan does take a bit to go down but given one good hit should stagger Wolverine, Kratos should be able to follow up with a quick beat down, which should finish the job.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Decoy Elite: Hercules is trained fighter and that didn't stop Logan from beating him. Rulk is a trained fighter and that didn't stop Wolverine from almost killing him. Thing is a trained fighter and didn't stop Wolverine from beating him. There are just as many instances of Wolverine tank and dodge mix in fights. Kratos may not be a hulking monster but his strikes will give away his strength. Yes Logan may tank some and then switch tactics. I'm not going to disagree Wolverine may tank a few hits but I doubt he will the entire fight if it means he is going to lose since his opponent can put him down.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Decoy Elite

@god_spawn: I'm not saying being a trained fighter means Kratos wins, I'm just saying the skill gap isn't that massive.

If you mean his fist strikes, then yes they'll give away his strength, but also stagger Wolverine, leading him open for the kind of beat-down that killed Gods(yes, yes hyperbole, I know).

The tanking is a problem, doubly so at such close a range. A problem I think leads to a loss for Wolverine.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By spidey 15

@Decoy Elite said:

@spidey 15: I will break your pact! No more diplomatic immunity!

Cutting Kratos will make him bleed, but he's got plenty of blood, also IIRC he heals quickly(obviously he's no Wolverine but still).

How is it PIS when it is almost completely consistent for the character? I agree that if he fought skillfully Wolverine would win, but he doesn't fight skillfully a majority of the time as far as I can tell.

Logan does take a bit to go down but given one good hit should stagger Wolverine, Kratos should be able to follow up with a quick beat down, which should finish the job.

LOL!

I'm aware of Krato's healing factor, though the difference with Logan,is that he lacks a powerful skeleton. When Logan will realize that his opponent can kill, he will go for more serious methods, like cutting his head or stabbing his brain or something that would let him win by overcoming the healing factor. On the other hand, Kratos will not be able to do it, his only actual way to win under these conditions is by KOing him.

I think i've stated this long ago, but something being consistent it does not really means it can't by PIS( IMO ). It may happen most of the time and actually still be STUPID( even under comic standards of course ). Not to mention, that wolverine has pretty consistent good showings, that actually make more sense than his consistent stupid showings. And if you notice, i've said a properly written Logan should be able to win this.

I don't think Kratos will be able to keep punching Logan without Logan be able to counter. Also, it's not like Kratos is aware of Logan's durability and he will go for the rapid punching from the beginning of the fight. :)

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Decoy Elite: The skill gap is that massive. All the fighters I listed are bad fighters compared to Wolverine and even without the use of his MA ability his speed and reflexes and have lead to several victories over bricks that are supposed good fighters.

Tanking is not that big of a problem. I only see him losing a few matches because of it. Otherwise his reflexes and speed will be the deciding factor Wolverine 6-7/10. I say we just agree to disagree. We are just repeating ourselves by now.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Decoy Elite

@god_spawn: Eh, you may be right but I still think it's worth mentioning that Kratos is trained as you seemed to be talked like he's easily outsmarted or outmatched, which I feel isn't the case. Not to mention you're underestimating his agility and speed(which while below Wolverine's are still quite good)

I see him losing a majority because of it. :P

I don't agree to anything! I will simply find a new route of attack!

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Decoy Elite

@spidey 15: They start off close, and Kratos will be the first to realize his opponents true dangerous nature(he'll see the insane healing first hand, while Wolverine won't know just how strong Kratos really is because he'll only get hit by Kratos's blades at first). Kratos is smart enough to realize that cutting won't work and thus will go to his strength instead.

I will admit a skilled Wolverine wins, but I'm arguing that he will not instantly fight skillfully here.

Kratos will know about the healing factor at that point and thus shouldn't be foolish enough to stop punching. Even if he didn't, there's still the fact that he's brutal as heck and more than likely to do so anyway.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By spidey 15

@Decoy Elite said:

@spidey 15: They start off close, and Kratos will be the first to realize his opponents true dangerous nature(he'll see the insane healing first hand, while Wolverine won't know just how strong Kratos really is because he'll only get hit by Kratos's blades at first). Kratos is smart enough to realize that cutting won't work and thus will go to his strength instead.

I will admit a skilled Wolverine wins, but I'm arguing that he will not instantly fight skillfully here.

Kratos will know about the healing factor at that point and thus shouldn't be foolish enough to stop punching. Even if he didn't, there's still the fact that he's brutal as heck and more than likely to do so anyway.

I agree with that, but being able to realize that someone posses healing, does not mean he will also realize that he is also extremely durable unless he lunches a powerful strike. That's why i don't believe Kratos will go for the quick beat from the start.

Well, that's the point. For me, Logan should always be counted as skilled, though i understand why people tend to think of different 'versions' in battle forums. That's just my opinion though.

You are right on that, but the only time i saw Kratos going brutal from the beginning of the fight, was only against the Gods. I'm not sure if that counts for that fight, though even if it it, it's unlikely that Logan will be standing there, waiting for Kratos to attack first.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Decoy Elite

@spidey 15: He'll go to quick/savage beating a first because it's his nature. Look at how he kills most enemies during gameplay. He rips the wings off harpies, he pries open minotaur's mouths before jamming a blade inside, he rips out the eyes from cyclopes like a boss. This is one brutal dude who's not afraid to get his hands dirty, I don't see why he wouldn't try and thrash Logan, specially if Logan has tagged him before hand.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@spidey 15: I agree with you Spidey. I think people have a misconception that Wolverine tanking or dodging is unskilled when I don't see it that way. If his strikes and kicks and punches aren't working, then dodging and slashing are the main way to go and even then he is precise with his hits.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By spidey 15

@Decoy Elite said:

@spidey 15: He'll go to quick/savage beating a first because it's his nature. Look at how he kills most enemies during gameplay. He rips the wings off harpies, he pries open minotaur's mouths before jamming a blade inside, he rips out the eyes from cyclopes like a boss. This is one brutal dude who's not afraid to get his hands dirty, I don't see why he wouldn't try and thrash Logan, specially if Logan has tagged him before hand.

Well, actually you're right on that part and i'll concede on these. But still, that does not necessarily means that Logan would not be able to counter even if kratos goes brutal on him. It's not like he has never faced brutal opponents before "cough"hulk"cough"

:P

@god_spawn said:

@spidey 15: I agree with you Spidey. I think people have a misconception that Wolverine tanking or dodging is unskilled when I don't see it that way. If his strikes and kicks and punches aren't working, then dodging and slashing are the main way to go and even then he is precise with his hits.

Yup, you are right on that.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Decoy Elite

@spidey 15: I'm not saying he hasn't faced brutal opponents before I was simply points out how brutal Kratos is to justify that yes he will wail on Wolverine like there's no tomorrow if he can.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By spidey 15

@Decoy Elite said:

@spidey 15: I'm not saying he hasn't faced brutal opponents before I was simply points out how brutal Kratos is to justify that yes he will wail on Wolverine like there's no tomorrow if he can.

Then i agree with that. I just don't believe it will grand Kratos the victory.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Decoy Elite

@spidey 15 said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Then i agree with that. I just don't believe it will grand Kratos the victory.

It is like I'm charging up a mud hill. I keep falling down and I'm very bad at it.