This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Proxes (245 posts) - - Show Bio
This is Kratos at his strongest and has all his powered restored.;
He also has all the weapons he picked up on the way through out the series. 

 
Kratos is bloodlusted at time since, He's trying to get to zeus but thor will not allow him to.
 
Thor is at his strongest also here.
 
Who wins?
#2 Posted by Surge2477 (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor at his strongest (THOR FORCE & RUNE MAGIC) EASILY KILLS KRATOS. THOR IS FAR MORE DURABLE IF FOR NOTHING ELSE THAT HAS WAS ABLE TO FLY TO THE SUN & DROP THE DEAD BODY OF THE ROBERT REYNOLDS INTO THE SUN & THOR BARELY FLINCHED.  
 
You should pick one weapon as him trying to change weapons will allow Thor to beat him even more. 
 
Thor seems to been stronger (struck the ground in the seige & caused all enemies to fall to their feet) & more durable. even controling the elements gices him an edge. His durability even allowed him to take multiple energy blasts attacks & it hardly scratched him
 
even if kratos can stalmate thor strength wise (doubt it) then he can go into his warrior madness which magnifies his strength 10 fold. seems to be a bit muich for even kratos to handle.   
 
Thor seems to have the upper hand in hand to hand combat as he's somewhat underated in that category. long range attacks seem to favor thor as he can throw his hammer with extreme force & it returns to him. lightning attacks seem more powerful from thor, but since kratos has this power, it's not very useful. 
 
I like Thor for the win if he has all of his powers
#3 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor at his strongest slaughters Kratos here. To much power the gods in GOW are push overs compared to comic gods.
#4 Posted by Proxes (245 posts) - - Show Bio

Ouch I see, What if this was normal Thor

#5 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Thor.

#6 Posted by Surge2477 (1101 posts) - - Show Bio
@Proxes:
 Just normal/classic Thor with his vast strength (+ warrior maddness factor), speed, durability, combat skills, Magic hammer & control over the elements will still overwhelm Kratos. No PIS from the GOW game to assist Kratos.
#7 Posted by King Saturn (224210 posts) - - Show Bio
Thor at his Peak Levels wins
#8 Posted by Proxes (245 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks guys, Was jw :)

#9 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe if Kratos was huge, like when he fought Ares and had all of his powers and bloodlusted, maybe he could put up a brutal fight, otherwise, Thor's godly strength and endurance would prevail.
#10 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor will destroy Kratos even at his weaker....GOW gods were pathetic compare to comic gods....=]

#11 Posted by Surge2477 (1101 posts) - - Show Bio
@The WeatherMan said:
"Maybe if Kratos was huge, like when he fought Ares and had all of his powers and bloodlusted, maybe he could put up a brutal fight, otherwise, Thor's godly strength and endurance would prevail. "

Thor has faced down The Uber Powerful Fire Demon Surtur who had the power to combat Odin. Surtur will destroy every god or titan in the GOW series with not much difficulty at all.  So even Kratos at 50 feet tall loses.
#12 Posted by gambit987 (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor Destroys Kratos until there is only ash of him left.

#13 Posted by Xi Felix (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.
#14 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2222 posts) - - Show Bio
@Surge2477 said:
"
Thor at his strongest (THOR FORCE & RUNE MAGIC) EASILY KILLS KRATOS. THOR IS FAR MORE DURABLE IF FOR NOTHING ELSE THAT HAS WAS ABLE TO FLY TO THE SUN & DROP THE DEAD BODY OF THE ROBERT REYNOLDS INTO THE SUN & THOR BARELY FLINCHED.   You should pick one weapon as him trying to change weapons will allow Thor to beat him even more.  Thor seems to been stronger (struck the ground in the seige & caused all enemies to fall to their feet) & more durable. even controling the elements gices him an edge. His durability even allowed him to take multiple energy blasts attacks & it hardly scratched him even if kratos can stalmate thor strength wise (doubt it) then he can go into his warrior madness which magnifies his strength 10 fold. seems to be a bit muich for even kratos to handle.    Thor seems to have the upper hand in hand to hand combat as he's somewhat underated in that category. long range attacks seem to favor thor as he can throw his hammer with extreme force & it returns to him. lightning attacks seem more powerful from thor, but since kratos has this power, it's not very useful.  I like Thor for the win if he has all of his powers "
You know, that's really nothing, considering that Thor has actually been inside of the sun before.
#15 Posted by progenitor (7541 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos at his strongest would murder Thor violently.  Thor is the Norse God of Thunder? Kratos took on Zeus, king of Olympus and Greek God of Thunder.  Kratos has already fought against God-like strength and summoned lightning, and lived.  Kratos would take what Thor has to give, block Mjolnir with the Golden Fleece upon his shoulder, hack at Thor with his blades and hooks and the Nemean Cestus.  Kratos would probably then go through Spartan Rage which is basically equal to Thor's berserkergang.  Eventually, Kratos would wear Thor down, and then beat on him until Thor had nothing left.
#16 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor said:
"Kratos at his strongest would murder Thor violently.  Thor is the Norse God of Thunder? Kratos took on Zeus, king of Olympus and Greek God of Thunder.  Kratos has already fought against God-like strength and summoned lightning, and lived.  Kratos would take what Thor has to give, block Mjolnir with the Golden Fleece upon his shoulder, hack at Thor with his blades and hooks and the Nemean Cestus.  Kratos would probably then go through Spartan Rage which is basically equal to Thor's berserkergang.  Eventually, Kratos would wear Thor down, and then beat on him until Thor had nothing left. "

Sir you are stupid, Rune Lord Thor vs God of War Kratos?  You do know that WHen Thor was RLT he was pretty much God of Gods right?
#17 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor said:
"Kratos at his strongest would murder Thor violently.  Thor is the Norse God of Thunder? Kratos took on Zeus, king of Olympus and Greek God of Thunder.  Kratos has already fought against God-like strength and summoned lightning, and lived.  Kratos would take what Thor has to give, block Mjolnir with the Golden Fleece upon his shoulder, hack at Thor with his blades and hooks and the Nemean Cestus.  Kratos would probably then go through Spartan Rage which is basically equal to Thor's berserkergang.  Eventually, Kratos would wear Thor down, and then beat on him until Thor had nothing left. "

Zues beat him down a few times and even snapped his neck in astral form, till Kratos discovered his plot power of Hope. 
Thor should one shot him, Kratos is impressive and freakishly strong, but not Thor strong.
#18 Posted by progenitor (7541 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hellos:  
 
Except one thing; Kratos wasn't at his strongest(Vengeance) when Zeus pwned him, until he regained all of his powers, took on new weapons, Kratos didn't figure out about the Hope plot until Athena revealed it, all Kratos was concerned about was that he finished his quest and that Pandora died.  We're talking about Kratos unleashed, at his best.  You could of course argue technical strengths and abilities, but if Kratos felt he had a valid reason to kill Thor? He would kill Thor.
#19 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor said:
"@Hellos:   Except one thing; Kratos wasn't at his strongest(Vengeance) when Zeus pwned him, until he regained all of his powers, took on new weapons, Kratos didn't figure out about the Hope plot until Athena revealed it, all Kratos was concerned about was that he finished his quest and that Pandora died.  We're talking about Kratos unleashed, at his best.  You could of course argue technical strengths and abilities, but if Kratos felt he had a valid reason to kill Thor? He would kill Thor. "

Has Kratos ever exhibited world breaking qualities?  No, but I will give this to Kratos he  is quite frankly ungodly strong ( Did you see what he did to Chronos? ) also he know how to make a loin cloth look cool
#20 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor said:

"@Hellos:   Except one thing; Kratos wasn't at his strongest(Vengeance) when Zeus pwned him, until he regained all of his powers, took on new weapons, Kratos didn't figure out about the Hope plot until Athena revealed it, all Kratos was concerned about was that he finished his quest and that Pandora died.  We're talking about Kratos unleashed, at his best.  You could of course argue technical strengths and abilities, but if Kratos felt he had a valid reason to kill Thor? He would kill Thor. "



I remember it happening more so like this.  
Kratos seemingly kills Zeus, who goes all ghosty on Kratos snapping his neck, then Kratos goes on his inner mind journey to discover hope and then had a bloody beat down Zeus. Then killed himself to give hope to the world. 

I have my doubts anyone in the GoWverse has the feats to say they are as strong as Thor, much less pack the same destructive power, speed and durability.  I could see Thor blitzing Kratos or smashing him Mjolnir with a lethal hit.
Sure the gods seemed to have the ability to shape the world, well some of them, which is all impressive and all, but they lack the feats to say they can take on guys like Thor.
     
#21 Posted by progenitor (7541 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hellos said:

 



I remember it happening more so like this.  
Kratos seemingly kills Zeus, who goes all ghosty on Kratos snapping his neck, then Kratos goes on his inner mind journey to discover hope and then had a bloody beat down Zeus. Then killed himself to give hope to the world. 
I have my doubts anyone in the GoWverse has the feats to say they are as strong as Thor, much less pack the same destructive power, speed and durability.  I could see Thor blitzing Kratos or smashing him Mjolnir with a lethal hit.Sure the gods seemed to have the ability to shape the world, well some of them, which is all impressive and all, but they lack the feats to say they can take on guys like Thor.      "

 
I'm not so sure about selling the Greek gods short.  Zeus would be every bit as strong as Thor, if not stronger.  It took the full strength of a titan sending Kratos to blitz through Poseidon's god frame.  I see even Poseidon giving Thor a roughing up, considering Poseidon uses the electrical effects of water and electricity as just one of his powers, which would put a serious thorn in Thor's side.  Thor is great, I mean he's probably become the strongest hero of the Norse world, but Kratos rivals Wolverine in ferocity, and considering Kratos' strength, forcing Titans hands apart that try and crush him.  Thor is faster, but Kratos does have the winged boots of Hermes, so technically he could blitz Thor right back.  I could see Kratos using the Cestus and pounding away at Thor, blocking Mjolnir with the aforementioned Golden Fleece.  I don't really think it's safe to say that the Norse gods have any kind of advantage over the Greek gods.
#22 Edited by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor said:

" I'm not so sure about selling the Greek gods short.  Zeus would be every bit as strong as Thor, if not stronger.  It took the full strength of a titan sending Kratos to blitz through Poseidon's god frame.  I see even Poseidon giving Thor a roughing up, considering Poseidon uses the electrical effects of water and electricity as just one of his powers, which would put a serious thorn in Thor's side.  Thor is great, I mean he's probably become the strongest hero of the Norse world, but Kratos rivals Wolverine in ferocity, and considering Kratos' strength, forcing Titans hands apart that try and crush him.  Thor is faster, but Kratos does have the winged boots of Hermes, so technically he could blitz Thor right back.  I could see Kratos using the Cestus and pounding away at Thor, blocking Mjolnir with the aforementioned Golden Fleece.  I don't really think it's safe to say that the Norse gods have any kind of advantage over the Greek gods. "



He doesn't have anywhere near the strength feats to say that. Most of his strength feats come from wrestling with Kratos, other than that Zeus if I remember right hardly ever showed off his lifting power. 
The Hulk has lifts continental plates, a guy Thor will charge head first to wrestle with. I'm not denying that Kratos isn't strong himself, that fight with Kronos and lifting the labrynth through the damn mountain proves the guy is up there in the ton's range, but to say he's in Thors, the Hulks, or the big big bricks in comics is too much of a stretch for me.
  
Suprisingly Hermes wasn't that fast ingame, namely why Kratos was able to demolish him after he hurt him. I mean if the guy was anywhere close to light speed for example, he probably would have murdered Kratos without much trouble.

It's not a real comparison between the mythic Norse Gods or Greek Gods, I'd back the myth Greek Gods over the Norse mainly because of how killable they are, but in this case it's game greek god Kratos vs comic norse god. Lets face it the Olympians had some varying durability usually ending with Kratos beating them to a bloody pulp and ripping them limb from limb.
#23 Posted by progenitor (7541 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hellos said:
"@progenitor said:
 
He doesn't have anywhere near the strength feats to say that. Most of his strength feats come from wrestling with Kratos, other than that Zeus if I remember right hardly ever showed off his lifting power. The Hulk has lifts continental plates, a guy Thor will charge head first to wrestle with. I'm not denying that Kratos isn't strong himself, that fight with Kronos and lifting the labrynth through the damn mountain proves the guy is up there in the ton's range, but to say he's in Thors, the Hulks, or the big big bricks in comics is too much of a stretch for me.  Suprisingly Hermes wasn't that fast ingame, namely why Kratos was able to demolish him after he hurt him. I mean if the guy was anywhere close to light speed for example, he probably would have murdered Kratos without much trouble.It's not a real comparison between the mythic Norse Gods or Greek Gods, I'd back the myth Greek Gods over the Norse mainly because of how killable they are, but in this case it's game greek god Kratos vs comic norse god. Lets face it the Olympians had some varying durability usually ending with Kratos beating them to a bloody pulp and ripping them limb from limb. "

 
True, I will say that going from the world of Kratos to the comic abilities of Thor and Hulk is a stretch, but as far as Hermes was concerned, you're right to question his ability to fight, but also take into consideration that Hermes was just the messenger of the gods, which explains his crappy ability to actually put up a fight against Kratos, but as far as his chase went, he was blitzing all throughout Olympus with some pretty impressive speed, that I think could possibly match Thors.  As far as Zeus goes, he did manage to slay the titans when they waged war on Olympus, and the titans threw mountains as projectiles, they had Atlas, who basically keeps the world held firm together for his punishment after defeat.  I think honestly this comparison could go on forever with examples, and it still wouldn't lead to a direct result.  Thor and Kratos both, in their respective realms, dominate.  Kratos has one psychological advantage over Thor in his technique of battling, and that's being a born Spartan, a lifetime engraved of battle and survival, I can see him being just a tad more cutthroat than Thor, unless Thor really lost it and went through berserkergang.  I could only say based on differing opinions that it would be a stalemate.
#24 Posted by DedmanWalkin (2598 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos kills Poseidon and the waters rage, kills Hermes and a pox comes over the world, kills Helios and the world is plunged into darkness, kills Hera and all plants die. These are the gods that you claim are weak? When has killing an Asgardian ever created such problems?
 
I see two problems that Thor will have to overcome namely the Claws of Hades and the Blade of Olympus. If Kratos gets the claws of Hades in Thor, he can extract Thor's soul. Heck, since Thor is tied to his hammer, Kratos could pull Thor's soul out through the hammer. The Blade of Olympus should be able to injure if not kill Thor. Defensively, Kratos can slow time, increase his speed, unleash a blinding flash sufficient enough to blind a Titan, and deflect all ranged attacks and parry close range strikes. Kratos has sufficient strength to keep two titans intent on crushing him to death from being able to do so. Kratos is permanently bloodlusted anyways so no need to even add that.
 
I am unsure of who actually wins here but this is by no means a stomp.
 
Rune King Thor is a reality warper and as such should never be used in battles with non-reality warpers.

#25 Posted by progenitor (7541 posts) - - Show Bio
@DedmanWalkin said:
"Kratos kills Poseidon and the waters rage, kills Hermes and a pox comes over the world, kills Helios and the world is plunged into darkness, kills Hera and all plants die. These are the gods that you claim are weak? When has killing an Asgardian ever created such problems?  I see two problems that Thor will have to overcome namely the Claws of Hades and the Blade of Olympus. If Kratos gets the claws of Hades in Thor, he can extract Thor's soul. Heck, since Thor is tied to his hammer, Kratos could pull Thor's soul out through the hammer. The Blade of Olympus should be able to injure if not kill Thor. Defensively, Kratos can slow time, increase his speed, unleash a blinding flash sufficient enough to blind a Titan, and deflect all ranged attacks and parry close range strikes. Kratos has sufficient strength to keep two titans intent on crushing him to death from being able to do so. Kratos is permanently bloodlusted anyways so no need to even add that.  I am unsure of who actually wins here but this is by no means a stomp.

#26 Edited by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor said:

" True, I will say that going from the world of Kratos to the comic abilities of Thor and Hulk is a stretch, but as far as Hermes was concerned, you're right to question his ability to fight, but also take into consideration that Hermes was just the messenger of the gods, which explains his crappy ability to actually put up a fight against Kratos, but as far as his chase went, he was blitzing all throughout Olympus with some pretty impressive speed, that I think could possibly match Thors.  As far as Zeus goes, he did manage to slay the titans when they waged war on Olympus, and the titans threw mountains as projectiles, they had Atlas, who basically keeps the world held firm together for his punishment after defeat.  I think honestly this comparison could go on forever with examples, and it still wouldn't lead to a direct result.  Thor and Kratos both, in their respective realms, dominate.  Kratos has one psychological advantage over Thor in his technique of battling, and that's being a born Spartan, a lifetime engraved of battle and survival, I can see him being just a tad more cutthroat than Thor, unless Thor really lost it and went through berserkergang.  I could only say based on differing opinions that it would be a stalemate. "


I'm not too sure, when the Reynolds went all Void eyes, Thor took him down and wrapped him up, flew to the sun to toss him in it and was back in no time. Hermes albeit was clearly above peak, didn't really live up to what I was expecting for the speedster.  
Daphne from Heroes had him beat, but to be fair Hermes within reason had to be slow enough for Kratos to stand any chance. And even with the speed booste Kratos's speedster feats are nearly non existent, he used them to run up walls or on walls, other than that no blitzing Zeus and whatnot.

  

I don't to be entirely fair, Thor has thousands of years of combat experience but for some reason decides to fight like a caveman most of the time. if Thor went warrior's Madness he would pancake Kratos without a doubt, but he hasn't done that in a long time.  
Thor's been knocking around giants for a while and even gave guys like Norrin a good fight on occasion back in the day. 
 
I don't see this as a stalemate, I think standard Thor has this in the bag. If we are using their most powerful incarnations, RK Thor is beyond anything Kratos has ever dealt with and this fight would end with Thor willing him out of existence.

@DedmanWalkin

said:

"Kratos kills Poseidon and the waters rage, kills Hermes and a pox comes over the world, kills Helios and the world is plunged into darkness, kills Hera and all plants die. These are the gods that you claim are weak? When has killing an Asgardian ever created such problems?  I see two problems that Thor will have to overcome namely the Claws of Hades and the Blade of Olympus. If Kratos gets the claws of Hades in Thor, he can extract Thor's soul. Heck, since Thor is tied to his hammer, Kratos could pull Thor's soul out through the hammer. The Blade of Olympus should be able to injure if not kill Thor. Defensively, Kratos can slow time, increase his speed, unleash a blinding flash sufficient enough to blind a Titan, and deflect all ranged attacks and parry close range strikes. Kratos has sufficient strength to keep two titans intent on crushing him to death from being able to do so. Kratos is permanently bloodlusted anyways so no need to even add that.  I am unsure of who actually wins here but this is by no means a stomp.  Rune King Thor is a reality warper and as such should never be used in battles with non-reality warpers. "



 
I don't remember calling them exactly weak, although their durability leaves much to be desired. Hermes was essentially badly hurt by something that wouldn't even phase Thor. Hera had her neck snapped like a twig without any effort by Kratos.  
Apples and Oranges. 
Either way comparing the death of an Asgard god to the ones in GoW seems a little silly. Their Earth essentially revolved around the Olympians doing all of that, with the exception of Hera was just keeping the plants a live in that garden and even then she couldn't do that. Whenever Kratos killed any of the gods the stuff from Pandora's box that infected the gods essentailly caused a lot of trouble for mankind.
 
Yeah I'm having my doubts those claws will be poking Thor, much less cutting into him and taking his soul. I certainly doubt they can steal his soul from Mjolnir, that justs seems like utter nonsense.  
Where does the Blade of Olympus have the feats to say it can even cut anyone as durable as Thor? It was a plot device that was used by Kratos to kill the gods in GoW2 that he seemingly no longer needed to kill everything in GoW3.

 
Thor can sit right infront of the sun(Something that would vaporise Kratos) and not go blind, I doubt the flashy light from the head of helios is going to do anything to him.  
Thor doesn't need to be in his most powerful state to demolish Kratos, RK Thor, Odinforce Thor, should be able to completely stomp Kratos without trouble.

#27 Edited by exodus0000000 (472 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos can't kill Thor.  The Greek Gods in GoW are pretty pathetic.  
 
Poseidon get's held in place by Gaea and eventually knocked out of his water form and that's it.  He's near death simply because of one punch.  I understand that it was a punch from a Titan, but still.  After that he gets his a** thoroughly handed to him by Kratos.
 
Helios (once again) gets swatted like a fly from another Titan and is near death.  All he does in his defense is makes s*** really really bright for Kratos.  That's it.  That's all he does, and Kratos politely goes over and EASILY rips his head off.
 
Hermes just runs kinda fast for a minute, gets hit by a boulder, or a huge statue head or some s*** and he's injured really bad.  All he does is run around until Kratos manages to hit him a few times and then he's near death.  Kratos just dismembers his legs and that's it, he's done for.
 
The only Gods/Demi-Gods that put up a decent fight are Zeus, Hades, and Hercules.  Hera was pathetic, and Aphrodite was a cheating whore.  
 
Eh but the game is pretty good.  The Gods were weak as s***, but the boss battles themselves were visually and epically epic (???)  Also it is a game, so there has to be a way to kill the bosses.  It just so happens that the bosses were Greek Gods, and due to gameplay mechanics and plot elements, you simply HAD to kill the Gods in order to complete the game.  On that same note in Marvel games a servebot can beat Shuma Gorath, Roll can take out Juggernaut, and peak humans can take out Apocalypse, so you really can't base too much off a video game.

#28 Posted by Random Bucket (539 posts) - - Show Bio

In the field of bad assery Thor gets trumped by Kratos(all just my opinion), but in an actual battle Kratos would get demolished. Kratos beat a lot of opponents that were very strong such as the titans and pretty much the whole Greek pantheon but I can't see him doing all the ridiculously overpowered things that Thor does such as lifting up the Midgard Serpent

#29 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio
@exodus0000000 said:
"Kratos can't kill Thor.  The Greek Gods in GoW are pretty pathetic.     
Poseidon get's held in place by Gaea and eventually knocked out of his water form and that's it.  He's near death simply because of one punch.  I understand that it was a punch from a Titan, but still.  After that he gets his a** thoroughly handed to him by Kratos.  Hermes (once again) gets swatted like a fly from another Titan and is near death.  All he does in his defense is makes s*** really really bright for Kratos.  That's it.  That's all he does, and Kratos politely goes over and EASILY rips his head off.  The "

I wouldn't say pathetic, but yes their durability again leaves much to be desired. 
Although I forgot Kratos had Helios get nailed by a random titan, kudos on the funny though.
#30 Posted by progenitor (7541 posts) - - Show Bio

The Blade of Olympus in the storyline goes back further than Kratos' lifetime.   It was created by Zeus and Hephaestus to essentually be the greatest example of godly intervention with a weapon.  As far as the Blade of Olympus goes, I think it could do as much damage as Mjolnir.  It summons greater power through thunder and lightning, cuts through the impossibly thick hides of titans, which I don't think Thor could do.  So essentially, both Kratos and Thor have taken down giants in their own respective realms.  As far as the durability of gods, a fine example for Norse is Baldr, who was killed by Loki, who's been taken down time and time again, regardless of his godly mischief.  A big reason why the gods in GOW ended up meeting their ends is because they were all driven by the evil trapped by Athena, which ended up influencing a lot of their decisions, making them more vulnerable to attack as their pride got in the way of their reason and true power.  As far as Thor's berserkergang or Odinforce, Kratos has his own Spartan rage, which increases his own abilities ten-fold as it's when he takes out the Blade of Olympus.  Thor is tough, and nigh-vulnerable, but he's been cut with magically-based weaponry, it'd be a mistake for Thor to underestimate the lethal abilities Kratos can summon.
#31 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor said:
"The Blade of Olympus in the storyline goes back further than Kratos' lifetime.   It was created by Zeus and Hephaestus to essentually be the greatest example of godly intervention with a weapon.  As far as the Blade of Olympus goes, I think it could do as much damage as Mjolnir.  It summons greater power through thunder and lightning, cuts through the impossibly thick hides of titans, which I don't think Thor could do.  So essentially, both Kratos and Thor have taken down giants in their own respective realms.  As far as the durability of gods, a fine example for Norse is Baldr, who was killed by Loki, who's been taken down time and time again, regardless of his godly mischief.  A big reason why the gods in GOW ended up meeting their ends is because they were all driven by the evil trapped by Athena, which ended up influencing a lot of their decisions, making them more vulnerable to attack as their pride got in the way of their reason and true power.  As far as Thor's berserkergang or Odinforce, Kratos has his own Spartan rage, which increases his own abilities ten-fold as it's when he takes out the Blade of Olympus.  Thor is tough, and nigh-vulnerable, but he's been cut with magically-based weaponry, it'd be a mistake for Thor to underestimate the lethal abilities Kratos can summon. "

If Mjolnir is really Stormbreaker's equal it should bust planets. :P
#32 Posted by progenitor (7541 posts) - - Show Bio
@exodus0000000 said:
"Kratos can't kill Thor.  The Greek Gods in GoW are pretty pathetic.    Poseidon get's held in place by Gaea and eventually knocked out of his water form and that's it.  He's near death simply because of one punch.  I understand that it was a punch from a Titan, but still.  After that he gets his a** thoroughly handed to him by Kratos.  Helios (once again) gets swatted like a fly from another Titan and is near death.  All he does in his defense is makes s*** really really bright for Kratos.  That's it.  That's all he does, and Kratos politely goes over and EASILY rips his head off.  Hermes just runs kinda fast for a minute, gets hit by a boulder, or a huge statue head or some s*** and he's injured really bad.  All he does is run around until Kratos manages to hit him a few times and then he's near death.  Kratos just dismembers his legs and that's it, he's done for.  The only Gods/Demi-Gods that put up a decent fight are Zeus, Hades, and Hercules.  Hera was pathetic, and Aphrodite was a cheating whore.    Eh but the game is pretty good.  The Gods were weak as s***, but the boss battles themselves were visually and epically epic (???)  Also it is a game, so there has to be a way to kill the bosses.  It just so happens that the bosses were Greek Gods, and due to gameplay mechanics and plot elements, you simply HAD to kill the Gods in order to complete the game.  On that same note in Marvel games a servebot can beat Shuma Gorath, Roll can take out Juggernaut, and peak humans can take out Apocalypse, so you really can't base too much off a video game. "

I dunno, there's been a couple good Marvel games that could be considered somewhat canon seeing as they're based off the 90's Marvel stories (at least the good ones, IMO).  Helios only got swatted by Perses, the titan of chaos, because Kratos interfered and hit his chariot with a huge bladed batista arrow, which caused enough of a distraction.  Like I said before, the reason why the gods are so vulnerable is because of them being "infected" by the evil of the world that Athena hid in the box, which was released.  Poseidon was holding Gaia, if you remember, with his Leviathans.  Only reason they got Poseidon out of his godly body is because he was raging and not focused while Gaia got off one huge punch which sent Kratos blitzing through the god form and snatching Poseidon.  All in all, the difficulty of the gods were pretty simple, but considering the story line itself and not the gameplay.  If you take into consideration all the nifty abilities and weapons Kratos gains along the way, the compound of all of them combined practically make him as strong as he was as the God of War, maybe even moreso.  There's plenty of reasons why and why not, also like I said before, I think it all can vary based on differing opinions.
#33 Posted by Surge2477 (1101 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor:

Classic OR Current Thor kills Kratos 
 
Thorforce & Runes magic Thor waves his hammer & destroys Kratos into nothing 
 
With no silly plot in place to save Kratos he has nearly no way of battling Thor.  
 
There's no area that Kratos has an advantage in compared to thor.
 
For all the gadgets that kratos was aquired over the GOW games, they're not  enough. The marvel greek pantheons (with exception of Ares) are for more powerful than the GOW pantheons as none them are immpressive whem compared to any version of Thor.  
The fact that Thor can stand next to the sun without even sweating indicates his insane durability. Thor is also the son of Gaia & there for has control over the entire Earth & all it's elements. Kratos doesn't stand a chance. 
 
Thor for the win
#34 Posted by MKMarvelDCfan4life (256 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor at his strongest would destroy Kratos.

#35 Posted by ShootingNova (17293 posts) - - Show Bio

At his strongest? Mismatch. Rune King Thor soloes GoW.

#36 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor stomps.

#37 Posted by AmazingScrewOnHead (712 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor Dies.

#38 Posted by dondave (37550 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor ftw

#39 Posted by laflux (16002 posts) - - Show Bio

@AmazingScrewOnHead said:

Kratos Dies.

Fixed.

Seriously though, Normal Thor could Solo the GOW universe without too much trouble.

Rune King Thor, King Thor and Odin force Thor would all just make it an even bigger spite.

Bit puzzled as to why you would bump a thread to say something like this but I'll hazard a guess- Many newer users (Including me in the past) tend to overrate Kratos and pit him against comic incarnations of the God's he defeated- not realizing that they have amazing feats which outstrip anything seen in the GOW universe. Marvel Zeus for example was able to combine a blast with Vishnu and Odin which could destroy a Galaxy, and physically pound Gravage Hulk into oblivion- who himself has strength feats which make the strongest beings in GOW- the Titans, Zeus, Kratos and Hercules etc, look like weaklings. Marvel Neptune, was able to to make an entire dimension from a drop of water, and in terms of power, is only slightly below Zeus.

But hey, just callling out as I see it.

#40 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos at his strongest falls so short of Thor's most powerful incarnation, which is arguably Rune King Thor, that it's not even fair. Without even throwing a blow, Thor would be able to wipe the floor with Kratos. This is a truly mismatched battle.

Moderator