• 88 results
#1 Posted by "Colossus" (4073 posts) - - Show Bio

kratos is given supermans strength durability speed and agility.
kratos has the  Blades of Exile  and are unbreakable. and has unlimited chain length 

no nfr no entrapment.
no destroying planet. discuss
discuss.

#2 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

With Kratos' at Superman's physical level, he wins. LOL.

#3 Posted by Matezoide2 (15999 posts) - - Show Bio

with these rules Kratos wins

#4 Edited by "Colossus" (4073 posts) - - Show Bio

superman still has his other powers though and kratos cant fly.
reread the op

#5 Posted by GT-Man (3945 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos HEAVY-ULTRA-MEAGA StOMPSSSSSSSSSSSS
#6 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@"Colossus" said:
" superman still has his other powers though and kratos cant fly. reread the op "
You gave his chains unlimited length. He would eventually catch Superman, just like H/P Doomsday did with his claws. Kratos could block heat vision with his blades, though.
#7 Posted by Yakushi Kusuri (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos

#8 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
"With Kratos' at Superman's physical level, he wins. LOL."

Kratos would kill him with his own abilities. He doesn't even need Superman's powers!
#9 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lantern Prime said:

" Kratos would kill him with his own abilities.

You're being too generous. Without physical abilities equal to Superman, Kratos wouldn't even be able to touch Superman.
#10 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
"@Lantern Prime said:

You're being too generous. Without physical abilities equal to Superman, Kratos wouldn't even be able to touch Superman. "

Im sorry but in a fight it would happen.
#11 Posted by "Colossus" (4073 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Lantern Prime said:

You're being too generous. Without physical abilities equal to Superman, Kratos wouldn't even be able to touch Superman. "
i know cratos isnt as strong as superman but he is strong enough from being crushed by 2000ft+++ titants
#12 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lantern Prime said:
" Im sorry but in a fight it would happen. "
No, it wouldn't. If Superman decided to use his speed against Kratos in battle (in conjunction with his heat vision and arctic breath), he's not going to be able to touch him. Mongul couldn't even touch him when his speed was in use. Neither could Equus. Not to mention Zod. Kratos isn't even that fast, nor is he fast enough to catch a speedster as fast as Superman. It would look like this, if Kratos didn't have Superman's physical abilities.

#13 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@"Colossus" said:
"i know cratos isnt as strong as superman but he is strong enough from being crushed by 2000ft+++ titants "
That's durability. Not strength. Besides, how do we know those Titans are as strong as Superman?
#14 Posted by King Saturn (225096 posts) - - Show Bio
Kratos wins... 
#15 Posted by kareem (281 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
No, it wouldn't. If Superman decided to use his speed against Kratos in battle (in conjunction with his heat vision and arctic breath), he's not going to be able to touch him. Mongul couldn't even touch him when his speed was in use. Neither could Equus. Not to mention Zod. Kratos isn't even that fast, nor is he fast enough to catch a speedster as fast as Superman. It would look like this, if Kratos didn't have Superman's physical abilities.

"
where is this from?
#16 Posted by "Colossus" (4073 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @"Colossus" said:
"i know cratos isnt as strong as superman but he is strong enough from being crushed by 2000ft+++ titants "
That's durability. Not strength. Besides, how do we know those Titans are as strong as Superman? "
some of them (atlas) held up the whole planet as shown in the game.
#17 Posted by angryvigilante (1447 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos

#18 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Lantern Prime said:

"

Bro I have that comic and don't even tired to compare Batman to Kratos......
#19 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lantern Prime: Not making comparisons and you having the comic doesn't really tell me anything. Just letting you know that without Kratos being equal to Superman in speed and perception, he's not going to be able to hit him. Whether you agree or not is your problem.  

@kareem:
Can't remember the issue. I do know that it was in the Hush arc, though, IIRC.
#20 Posted by Matezoide2 (15999 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: 
i have to agree here,as much as i like Kratos,he cant touch Superman unless Supes let him to
#21 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Lantern Prime: Not making comparisons and you having the comic doesn't really tell me anything. Just letting you know that without Kratos being equal to Superman in speed and perception, he's not going to be able to hit him. Whether you agree or not is your problem.  

@kareem: Can't remember the issue. I do know that it was in the Hush arc, though, IIRC."

Time can beat speed and Sueprman has been tagged against characters no where near the speed of light.....Thats how I know DBZ fighters would demolish him..... But thats another argument for another debate
#22 Posted by Matezoide2 (15999 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lantern Prime said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @Lantern Prime: Not making comparisons and you having the comic doesn't really tell me anything. Just letting you know that without Kratos being equal to Superman in speed and perception, he's not going to be able to hit him. Whether you agree or not is your problem.  

@kareem: Can't remember the issue. I do know that it was in the Hush arc, though, IIRC."
Time can beat speed and Sueprman has been tagged against characters no where near the speed of light.....Thats how I know DBZ fighters would demolish him..... But thats another argument for another debate "
Superman gets hit by slower peopple for the sake of plot,just like Spider-Man being tagged by the likes of Hammerhead is
#23 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide  

Exactly thats why it happens and thats why its all canon and it happens so thats why in a fight he would touch Superman. People wanna use PIS and CIS as an excuse but it happens so thats all you can say....
#24 Edited by xan84 (4108 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lantern Prime said:

"@Matezoide   Exactly thats why it happens and thats why its all canon and it happens so thats why in a fight he would touch Superman. People wanna use PIS and CIS as an excuse but it happens so thats all you can say.... "

PIS is ignored. Cannon has nothing to do with it. Or do you thing Black Panter can put Silver Surfer in a arm lock or Storm hurt SS with lighting ? Lots of examples on PIS. 

I would also point you to the forum rules. 

Determining what is done for the plot and what is done because of the characters involved can be hard for some people. Superman is a prime case. In comics, Superman rarely uses his speed offensively. This is done for plot, to prolong the story and make it interesting (though it can also be said that it's a part of his character and not done solely because it benefits the story). In comics, Superman doesn’t kill. He does not spare his enemies because of the plot, he spares them because it’s part of his character not to kill thanks to how he was raised. In battles on the forum we include CIS, but not PIS, so Superman uses his speed but generally doesn’t kill unless otherwise stated. (“Bloodlust”)     

So as long you use this forums all you said is inrelevant.
#25 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lantern Prime said:
"Time can beat speed and Sueprman has been tagged against characters no where near the speed of light
Time is something Kratos wouldn't have against Superman, under normal conditions. Superman doesn't have to move at light speed to elude his opponents (and doesn't utilize light speed in battle anyway). He could move at 2000 miles a second in battle, and Kratos will not touch him. Simple.
#26 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2215 posts) - - Show Bio

That scan is from the Superman arc "For Tomorrow."  Millions of people disappeared off of the planet, including Lois, and Superman got all moody and set out to go on a potential suicide mission to bring everyone back.  And in his moody mood, he swooped in on Batman as he was saving someone and saved the person for him.  They then had an argument and Superman hinted to Batman what he set out to do, then Bats called Wonder Woman to stop Superman.

#27 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThanosIsMad: Ah. That's where it's from. My mistake. Been a while since I read it. Just automatically assumed it was from Hush, since Jim Lee illustrated both arcs.
#28 Posted by "Colossus" (4073 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide said:
" @Static Shock:  i have to agree here,as much as i like Kratos,he cant touch Superman unless Supes let him to "
he managed to touch hermes in GOW
#29 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@"Colossus" said:
"he managed to touch hermes in GOW "
Can you tell us how fast Hermes was moving or how fast he was stated to move in the game?
#30 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5470 posts) - - Show Bio

What the point of giving Kratos Superman's base powers? 

#31 Posted by Matezoide2 (15999 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @"Colossus" said:
"he managed to touch hermes in GOW "
Can you tell us how fast Hermes was moving or how fast he was stated to move in the game? "
Hermes was hurt and tired anyway
#32 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide said:
"Hermes was hurt and tired anyway "
LOL. I like how people reach about things like this.
#33 Posted by ReverseNegative (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

This rests with Kratos

#34 Posted by Matezoide2 (15999 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Matezoide said:
"Hermes was hurt and tired anyway "
LOL. I like how people reach about things like this. "
heh,thats basicaly what happened

Kratos chased Hermes (wasnt close to hit him and Hermes was just playing),until Hermes got on the top of a statue,Kratos used a catapult to throw a big rock on him and ,using his chains, was able to go along with the rock,breaking the statue,Hermes and Kratos falled from a great height
then we control Kratos,walk around and see Hermes bleeding (even spitting blood) and couldnt run remotely close to his original speed without having to stop to catch his breath
Kratos never tagged Hermes when he was on his pride
#35 Posted by MKF30 (11528 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to go Supes here...since he still has his other abilities and flight, heat vision, super breath etc..also, he could always just grab Kratos and fly fast into space and that's that.... 

#36 Posted by Surge2477 (1091 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @"Colossus" said:
That's durability. Not strength. Besides, how do we know those Titans are as strong as Superman?"

@Static Shock: 

that's just hitting the button so that kratos isn't crushed. 

kratos has great strength. but poor durability (ares through a collum through kratos in god of war one from about 100 miles away).  

now if he had superman type strength, speed, & durability this more interesting. however, superman still has an advantage of flight. also, i's sure that superman is faster in flight than he is in running.  

I still think that superman wins a tremendously brutal & bloody fight due to his other powers. like super breathe, freeze breathe. also, kratos can unleash his chains, if he misses, the time it takes for his chains to return to him, superman can strike him with a speed blitz or one big blow to end the fight. the chains may be unlimited, but they may not be to his advantage if he misses. it's like a short heavyweight with short arms fighting a boxer with long arms. if the long armed boxer misses, he's make's himself a sitting duck to get hit if the shorter boxer is quick enough to react & attack. 

i'll take superman in a close one 
#37 Edited by Matezoide2 (15999 posts) - - Show Bio
@Surge2477 said:

" @Static Shock said:

" @"Colossus" said:
That's durability. Not strength. Besides, how do we know those Titans are as strong as Superman?"

however, superman still has an advantage of flight. also, i's sure that superman is faster in flight than he is in running. 
the OP said Kratos is as fast as Superman,and flight means nothing if your opponent can attack from distance

@Surge2477 said:

I still think that superman wins a tremendously brutal & bloody fight due to his other powers. like super breathe, freeze breathe. also, kratos can unleash his chains, if he misses, the time it takes for his chains to return to him, superman can strike him with a speed blitz or one big blow to end the fight. the chains may be unlimited, but they may not be to his advantage if he misses. it's like a short heavyweight with short arms fighting a boxer with long arms. if the long armed boxer misses, he's make's himself a sitting duck to get hit if the shorter boxer is quick enough to react & attack.  i'll take superman in a close one  "

he is as durable as Superman,heat vision and freeze breathe wont be a problem
it he misses he just swing then to where Superman is now,he doesnt have to pull it back
how can Superman speedblitz who is as fast as he is and is a much better fighter?
 how is one big blow going to KO someone as durable as he is?
#38 Posted by Surge2477 (1091 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide said:

"

he is as durable as Superman,heat vision and freeze breathe wont be a problem it he misses he just swing then to where Superman is now,he doesnt have to pull it backhow can Superman speedblitz who is as fast as he is and is a much better fighter?  how is one big blow going to KO someone as durable as he is? "

@Matezoide:

didn't kal-el physically beat doomsday in earlier battles? isn't doomsday extremely durable?

it makes perfect sense. superman is faster & is more agile while flying. the blades of athena don't move at light speed. superman can still see there approach if kratos tries to attack from a distance. does that not follow. & super breathe can cause kratos to lose his balance. freeze breathe can immobilize kratos long enough for superman to attack. no matter how durable kratos's boost make him, superman will (as will kratos) use the amount of power needed to win the fight. 

i didn't say it would be easy, but i still pick kal-el
#39 Posted by Surge2477 (1091 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide:
 sorry for the does that not follow remark. my mistake
#40 Posted by Om4zd (929 posts) - - Show Bio

Just my opinion but Superman is far beyond Kratos. Don't think that just because Kratos beat all the gods in GoW means that he is more powerful than Superman. The gods in GoW weren't that powerful. I mean, Zeus in the DC comics can destroy a Demi God by blinking. BTW, how strong and how fast does Kratos get?

#41 Posted by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos loses badly.

#42 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@"Colossus" said:

superman still has his other powers though and kratos cant fly. reread the op
#43 Posted by Soothing_Sounds (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Kratos can take this, he should be able to block everything thrown at him from the air, and then when the battle is taken to ground level, he, imo, has the higher probability of winning.

#44 Posted by logy5000 (6144 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, easily.

#45 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

This is like Kratos + Superman vs Superman. So I guess Kratos wins.

#46 Posted by TERMINATOR1234 (312 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

Superman, easily.

This.

#47 Posted by Danvader64 (254 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if kratos had the same strength and speed and superman i'd think kratos would win. Buy with out supermans speed or strength i think superman wins. Idk.

#48 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

well kratos has yet to have energy projection which gives superman the win

#49 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15127 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos said:

This is like Kratos + Superman vs Superman. So I guess Kratos wins.

#50 Posted by logy5000 (6144 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is much smarter than Kratos. I'm pretty sure only golden age superman would lose to kratos. DCAU and up would win. Superman has the power of the plot on his side.