Kratos (GoW) vs. Death (Darksiders)

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

A killer of gods and the reaper of souls. Kratos slew for vengeance against the gods that betrayed him. Death fought to save his brother War from the Charred Council, even though they don't seem to get along. These two tackle armies, slay monsters and giants, both living and dead. Kratos defeated the Olympians, and Death defeated powerful Demons, Spirits, and even went blade-to-claw with the Demon Prince Samael.

Both of these figures possess varied arsenals of weapons to use at their behest. Kratos possesses the Rage of the Titans, while Death has the power of his Reaper Form. Both of them are extremely difficult to kill, and neither of them will give up for anything. The Son of Zeus must take on the Pale Rider, a Demi-God against one of the last of the Nephilim.

Round 1: In Character

Round 2: Bloodlusted, no PIS

Battle will take place in the lands of Nosgoth (Legacy of Kain). Because, in the future, the place is kind of a sh*thole.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

probably Kratos

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death wins. He's superior in every aspect except arguably strength.

On top of that, he essentially can't die. War once stabbed him right in the chest, and he just pulled the blade right out like it was nothing and proceeded to cut War's hand off.

While Kratos will probably just come back from the Underworld, that would still count as a loss.

Jmarshmallow

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

There's a Darksiders novel called "the abomination vault". After reading that and really getting an understanding of Death and his powers, Kratos stands no chance. Death was able to kill hordes of angels, demons, and maker constructs that were all mid to high level superhuman levels of powers. It goes into detail of how Death is able to use his necromancer powers. He can raise a lot more ghouls then what he did in the games. He even has enough power to bring War completely back from the dead. Also, it explains how his weapon is known as a grand abomination. It's basically a weapon that was designed by nephilim from slain enemies body parts. Each grand abomination was used by the nephilim when they were still a warrior culture to be used as an army clearing weapon. Death's scythe, Harvester, has the ability to shape itself into any form Death chooses. He can also break it into multiple weapons at will. Death is able to use Harvester as a single scythe, dual scythes, a spear, war hammer, axe, swords, etc. He is also able to adjust the size of each weapon to fit his needs. Death is also shown to be almost immortal. So far, no wound has been great enough to kill him.

So anyways, Death stomps.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By reikai

@xlab3000: @jmarshmallow:

In GoW2, Kratos was dragged Body and Soul into the Underworld, and with the power of Hope (which he didn't even know he had), he healed himself and pulled free and fought his way out. In GoW3, he had literally fallen from Olympus down into the lower levels of the Underworld, whereas previously he hadn't completed his fall in GoW2.

In terms of physical strength, Kratos has much higher end feats. In terms of Battle Experience, Death has been around and fighting across multiple realms and worlds of existence for untold eons. Kratos is most certainly a skilled and brutal fighter, but Death has about a thousand times more experience, and uses just as many weapons as Kratos.

We've seen Kratos with his Blades, and he has the Sword of Olympus, Nemean Cestus, Barbarian Hammer, Bow of Apollo and so forth. Death has his Scythes, Redemption (Stryfe's revolver), as well as numerous other weapons ranging from massive warhammers to glaives, claws, armored vambrace and arm blades.

Kratos can generally latch onto and yank his opponents with the Blades of Exile. Conversely, Death can do the same thing with his "Death's Hand" which enables him to gab onto objects and enemies from a distance, pulling them to him or vice versa. They're both quite capable of enaging in long, mid, and close range combat and have the ability to close or gain distance as needed.

In terms of speed, I would actually say Death is a bit faster in combat, especially if he is using Armblades/Claws or Vambraces for weapons. His attack speed with those types is quite ridiculous.

Another thing these two appear to have in common is a tremendous amount of damage soak.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: Kratos reactions are high. Kratos was able to beat the titans(I remember him beating 2) and gods. Atlas was able to carry a olympus. Kratos was able to break out of Kronos's hold(when he tried to squish him). the only reason Death was able to beat War was because he couldn't feel pain and he couldn't die(that's what I read if I'm wrong let me know).
http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispaces.com/Character+Profile+-+Kratos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL0yGwYAots
http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r791/StarsNStripesDC/kratoslightningtimer_zps54f57318.jpg

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlab3000: No, Death kinda let War impale him, because he was trying to teach him something. And War himself is actually very, very strong. Stronger than Death physically. But among the four, Death is stated as the most dangerous.

As for Kronos, he only tried to crush Kratos between two fingers. Still impressive, but not the same as if Kronos were slapping his hands together. Kratos also used the very chains, bolts and mountain on Kronos' back to beat him, and injuring Kronos deeply required the Blade of Olympus that possessed the full power Kratos had as the God of War.

Kratos is stronger than Death physically, but that doesn't mean Death is weak. He's strong and powerful enough to kill Ice Giants, Colossi, giant constructs, the Wailing Host (a big cthulhu lookin guy) and the Guardian.

Loading Video...

That fight reminded me a lot of "Shadow of the Colossus"

The__Jester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I REFUSE TO ANSWER THIS! I love them to much to decide.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By DecoyElite

I REFUSE TO ANSWER THIS! I love them to much to decide.

Love is for the weak. ALL THE MATTER IS FEATS

BOdinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death wins, You cannot defeat death =oP Besides, Kratos had help all the way through his run, he killed everyone that helped him as well. Now, who's left to help him against death itself?

Kratos had a great run filled with PIS as needed. Death doesn't need PIS he just needs to harvest himself some Kratos soul.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

@xlab3000: No, Death kinda let War impale him, because he was trying to teach him something. And War himself is actually very, very strong. Stronger than Death physically. But among the four, Death is stated as the most dangerous.

As for Kronos, he only tried to crush Kratos between two fingers. Still impressive, but not the same as if Kronos were slapping his hands together. Kratos also used the very chains, bolts and mountain on Kronos' back to beat him, and injuring Kronos deeply required the Blade of Olympus that possessed the full power Kratos had as the God of War.

Kratos is stronger than Death physically, but that doesn't mean Death is weak. He's strong and powerful enough to kill Ice Giants, Colossi, giant constructs, the Wailing Host (a big cthulhu lookin guy) and the Guardian.

Loading Video...

That fight reminded me a lot of "Shadow of the Colossus"

I read a little of the story on the wiki and watched some of the gameplay. I agree that was only 2 fingers. The page could be outdated but based off of everything I've seen I agree with it. can you post more feats for Death. anyway Darksiders is cool.

http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispaces.com/Character+Profile+-+War

The__Jester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlab3000: Among Death's feats was defeating Archon Lucien who wielded the Rod of Arafel, a heavenly artifact of immense power that could tip the scales in the battle on Earth between the forces of Hell under command of the Destroyer, and the armies of Heaven lead by the Hellguard.

The Rod is so powerful that the Crowfather was afraid of what Death might be able to do with it if he wielded it. But Death seemed to not be concerned with it, even after reforming the Rod, since he only needed it so that Lucien could open the way to the Ivory Citadel, at the time not knowing that he didn't have to go there and that Lucien was just trying to be rid of him.

Lucien is a powerful Angel, made moreso by the Rod of Arafel, and deranged by Corruption that gave him a limited form of regeneration. Such as reconstructing new wings after Death sliced them off.

Loading Video...
HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@tparks said:

There's a Darksiders novel called "the abomination vault". After reading that and really getting an understanding of Death and his powers, Kratos stands no chance. Death was able to kill hordes of angels, demons, and maker constructs that were all mid to high level superhuman levels of powers. It goes into detail of how Death is able to use his necromancer powers. He can raise a lot more ghouls then what he did in the games. He even has enough power to bring War completely back from the dead. Also, it explains how his weapon is known as a grand abomination. It's basically a weapon that was designed by nephilim from slain enemies body parts. Each grand abomination was used by the nephilim when they were still a warrior culture to be used as an army clearing weapon. Death's scythe, Harvester, has the ability to shape itself into any form Death chooses. He can also break it into multiple weapons at will. Death is able to use Harvester as a single scythe, dual scythes, a spear, war hammer, axe, swords, etc. He is also able to adjust the size of each weapon to fit his needs. Death is also shown to be almost immortal. So far, no wound has been great enough to kill him.

So anyways, Death stomps.

I need to get the Abomination vault but i do agree with u Death is just way to much for Kratos .

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellionvulcan: Some of that information is inaccurate. Harvester isn't a Grand Abomination. It was actually explained to be one of the Nephilim's earlier attempts at creating weapons before Death conceived of the idea of using the remains of the Raviim to create living weapons of great power. The strongest of which became known as Grand Abominations.

The weapons used by the Horsemen are not Abomination Weapons. While still very powerful, they're not the same, and that is because the Abominations require Raviim Blood to fuel them, whereas Chaoseater (War's Sword), Harvester and Affliction (another Nephilim weapon) don't require outside sources. Plus the majority of the Abomination and Grand Abominations were collected by Death and locked into the Vault for safekeeping.

During the events of the "Abomination Vault", Death did find and decide to keep one Abomination for himself called Mortis (which can be acquired in DS2 through DLC) and basically said the only reason he was even going to keep it was because it wouldn't survive for very long, and with all the Raviim blood gone, there would be no revitalizing it. Making it safe, relatively.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By tparks

@reikai: I stand corrected. Been a year since I read the book, must have gotten a few details mixed up.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

I don't know man... Death in Darksiders 2 was largely unaware of half the beings he encountered as despite that fact, every one of them feared his name and for good reason. Everyone he fought nearly had a one-up advantage over him due to location, weapons and assistance. Not to mention, Death's Reaper form absolutely annihilated EVERYTHING it came across. Kratos is arguably the more physically capable opponent, but I'd say Death is far more varied in skill, weaponry and speed without even mentioning the capability of calling upon his steed at any given time with the use of Strife's pistol Redemption.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By reikai

@tparks: None to worry, it was only a slight misconception. They're all listed as Nephilim weapons together on the same page, just separated into different categories of Abomination Weapons and Nephilim Weapons.

@deranged_midget: Redemption isn't a big deal. It never did a lot of damage and in-game was mainly used to shoot the exploding orbs that Death couldn't reach on his own or shoot the ones he positioned to get from area to area. Don't think I ever actually killed anything with the gun aside from flying locusts.

Despair can kill weaker enemies by charging them, but he's mainly for travel. Kratos won't really have a problem knocking the horse aside. It's Death who is the main concern. Given what we've seen in GoW, Kratos is definitely stronger than Death in physical terms. While Death is no weakling in strength, Kratos has clearly higher pure strength feats.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@reikai: I never instilled that either Despair or Redemption would be game changing tools but they are tools nonetheless that could help. Despair helped a lot in larger boss battles due to incredible speed boosts and yes, Redemption was never an important tool to use but it helped to slowly pick down the opponents. It's saved my arse more than I'd like to admit.

Yeah, I am in complete agreement that Kratos has better strength feats but he also has the advantage of three games to one. Even with that said, Death went up against some ridiculously powerful opponents that most of the universe, perhaps save for the four Horsemen/Nephilim themselves, feared. I'd argue that Death's scythes are far more prominent to his character than Kratos' blades and I can't really see anything countering the Reaper form.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By reikai

@deranged_midget: Actually, looking through things, Kratos actually has 7 games to his name (yes I know it's ridiculous). GoW1-3, Betrayal, Chains of Olympus, Ghost of Sparta and Ascension. I thought there was only five at most. We were both wrong.

As far as weapon prominence, well Kratos' chained swords have been in every game so they are his most prominent and well known weapon. They only change names between the games. Blades of Chaos for when he was champion to Ares. Blades of Athena when Ares as dead and his weapons lost the power they were given by the former War God.. And then the Blades of Exile, also gifted by Athena (after she was killed and changed) to help Guide Kratos in finding the key to unlocking Pandora's Box.

Despite the name changes, the Blades are still the same weapon in every game. Most of the other weapons he gets are just for fluff and like A-Specific events. Like getting the Nemean Cestus just to beat Hercules to death. After that he never really had a use for them. Same with the Spear of Destiny, Barbarian Hammer and so forth. In reality the two weapons he used the absolute most in every game, were the Blades and his Bare Fists. The only other weapon that even resembles what he'd normally use are the Claws of Hades, which can tear the soul of another from their body and be absorbed (but as seen it can be resisted).

Similarly, a lot of the tools Death picks up are just for fluff and mainly for sacrificing to Possessed weapons to make them stronger. Claws, Bucklers and Armblades are the fastest weapons in DS2. And given the setup I wouldn't allow Possessed weapons because then what they can do is up to the Player, who can specialize in Wrath or Health generation. Possessed Claws that Heal on Crit with a high Crit chance can make Death almost unbeatable. So, no possessed weapons. We'll go by what is Lore Driven.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_clarke: He stood right up as soon as he hit the shallow water of the River Styx (and I do mean shallow). He was limping, but he wasn't dead.

Avatar image for thewhitelantern
TheWhiteLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna go with death because he's so much more agile and can flip around kratos' attacks while slicing him up at the same time. Also i hope this is the depowered game-version of death, not full powered where he can turn into the reaper at will.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

@isaac_clarke: He stood right up as soon as he hit the shallow water of the River Styx (and I do mean shallow). He was limping, but he wasn't dead.

The implication that falling off Mount Olympus is an instant portal to the Underworld doesn't make much sense. Especially given it was at the time surrounded by the ocean water. Instead the player is treated to Kratos having falling into the River Styx and losing much of his power as he flows through it. The only way he could leave the Hades at this point was to nab Hades' soul.

Generally the mythology around Hades consists of you going there to either because:

• A. You died.
  • B. A Greek hero looking for a plot device to move the story forward.

It seems like A given the circumstances of Kratos simply 'appearing' in the Underworld after his fall.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_clarke: Everything was going to hell. The Titans were lose, things were getting torn up all over. Kratos had just killed Poseidon and was climbing up with Gaea to go after Zeus when he blasted them with a massive lightning bolt, sending them falling. Gaea refused to help Kratos claiming she'd just fall too, and Kratos fell down from Olympus, through a crevice and down to the river styx. He didn't fall through a body of water, it was straight down into the underworld.

Things don't exactly go as Mythology states. Athena was dead, Poseidon was killed, the Titans were unleashed, the world was going to ruin. Nothing is as what anyone thought. By the time Kratos started going after Zeus, much of the Greek Mythos had already been put to the sword by Kratos. The Furies, the Sisters of Fate, Euryale and the Medusas, and more.

Given how tough Kratos is, it really wouldn't be a surprise for him to survive the fall at this point. He was injured and weakened, but not dead.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By isaac_clarke

@reikai said:

@isaac_clarke: Everything was going to hell. The Titans were lose, things were getting torn up all over. Kratos had just killed Poseidon and was climbing up with Gaea to go after Zeus when he blasted them with a massive lightning bolt, sending them falling. Gaea refused to help Kratos claiming she'd just fall too, and Kratos fell down from Olympus, through a crevice and down to the river styx. He didn't fall through a body of water, it was straight down into the underworld.

Things don't exactly go as Mythology states. Athena was dead, Poseidon was killed, the Titans were unleashed, the world was going to ruin. Nothing is as what anyone thought. By the time Kratos started going after Zeus, much of the Greek Mythos had already been put to the sword by Kratos. The Furies, the Sisters of Fate, Euryale and the Medusas, and more.

Given how tough Kratos is, it really wouldn't be a surprise for him to survive the fall at this point. He was injured and weakened, but not dead.

Whatever madness was happening isn't exactly reflective to what happens after you fall off a mountain. You'd be better off referencing how his sword ended up in Hades with him. He fell through the clouds, the players are treated to a recount of the story so far and then Kratos takes a dip in the River Styx. My reference to the water was the sudden rise in sea-level which surrounded the mountain.

I understand that it doesn't follow the mythology. Greek Gods could grant wishes (that they themselves couldn't remove) / curse people and weren't mortally wounded by statues falling on them. GOW tneds to follow the format of the stories. Although the Titan's getting worked up isn't too much of a deviation.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_clarke: Seemed to me like a part of Olympus itself split open and that's what Kratos fell through. According to the game story Olympus itself had risen and was built up from the Underworld. So it would make sense that if Kratos fell from Olympus he'd end up at the base of it in the underworld.

Besides, how the Blade of Olympus stayed with him can be chopped up to magic. Hell in the final fight with Zeus when his dark spirit came out and started wrangling Kratos, all of his damn weapons and gear just fell off him and was seen littered about.

Loading Video...

At like 8:55in

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: Death is just too versatile for Kratos, man. As I mentioned before, the only aspect that Kratos can boast about is strength, and the margin that he holds that advantage in isn't that large.

Death obviously has Kratos in agility, and combat speed, because Kratos is pretty sluggish in comparison to how fast Death fights. Death fighting with heavy weapons is about the speed Kratos fights normally.

Fighting skill goes to Death. Kratos may have been a great Spartan warrior, but Death has been fighting a multitude of demons, angels, and...others for eons.

I'd say that Death is even more tactical, considering he goes up against beings he knows nothing about on a regular basis, and takes them down without a sweat, despite every advantage they have. Kratos only goes up against gods that he's fairly familiar with.

I would even argue that Death has durability over Kratos, considering that he got stabbed in the stomach by Chaoseater(an EXTREMELY powerful sword), and shrugged it off like it was nothing. Kratos, as we've seen, would never handle a blow like that.

And then to top it all off, he's DEATH, which for all intents and purposes make him basically immortal. Adding to the fact the Seven Seals make him that much more powerful.

And I don't see how it's fair to take away Possessed weapons? I mean, it's a part of the game, so I don't see why he should be restricted from them just because they'd allow Death to kill Kratos with ease?

But regardless, if we're not allowed to use Possessed weapons, then we must be going by lore. And lore-Death can use Reaper Form whenever he wants, so that would make it a mega-ultra-ROFLCURBSTOMP.

Either way, Kratos isn't winning this.

Jmarshmallow

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death wins. He's superior in every aspect except arguably strength.

On top of that, he essentially can't die. War once stabbed him right in the chest, and he just pulled the blade right out like it was nothing and proceeded to cut War's hand off.

While Kratos will probably just come back from the Underworld, that would still count as a loss.

Jmarshmallow

Same can be said about the gods and look how that turned out, if kratos can cut his head off that should be considered as a win.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@patrat18: The same actually can't be said. The "gods" of God of War were weak sauce, and most people on this site agree they would get curbed by their comic counterparts.

Jmarshmallow

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow:

Death obviously has Kratos in agility, and combat speed, because Kratos is pretty sluggish in comparison to how fast Death fights. Death fighting with heavy weapons is about the speed Kratos fights normally.

That is simply not true at all. Kratos using the chain-swords is actually very fast. Maybe only slightly slower than Death using his scythes. But Kratos swinging a heavy weapon around, like the Barbarian Hammer, is pretty much the same speed as Death using a warhammer, glaive or giant axe (those weapons are damn slow)

I would even argue that Death has durability over Kratos, considering that he got stabbed in the stomach by Chaoseater(an EXTREMELY powerful sword), and shrugged it off like it was nothing. Kratos, as we've seen, would never handle a blow like that.

That's not really durability, but damage soak. And Kratos did get run through with the Blade of Olympus by Zeus and was robbed of his godly power, and was being cast into the underworld, only for Kratos to revive, close the wound and climb out. So Kratos does have a fair bit of damage soak and a healing factor. But it definitely had more of an impact on Kratos than such wounds have had on Death.

And then to top it all off, he's DEATH, which for all intents and purposes make him basically immortal. Adding to the fact the Seven Seals make him that much more powerful.

He's not like the abstract Death. He can still be killed, but it takes considerable effort to do that. He was brought to the point of death when he was shot with Black Mercy in the Abomination Vault, a weapon that can kill whomever is wounded by it, even minor wounds like a graze or cut and those injured in the vicinity of the weapon would also die from unrelated injuries.

Basically Black Mercy was kinda like the Saint of Killers pistols. Just not as OP'd.

And I don't see how it's fair to take away Possessed weapons? I mean, it's a part of the game, so I don't see why he should be restricted from them just because they'd allow Death to kill Kratos with ease?

They're not really part of the Lore and were just made as part of the RPG build of the game. And again, by themselves they had fairly un-useable stats until upgraded by sacrificing other pieces of equipment to give them abilities. Which comes down to Gameplay Mechanics and Players Choice.

But regardless, if we're not allowed to use Possessed weapons, then we must be going by lore. And lore-Death can use Reaper Form whenever he wants, so that would make it a mega-ultra-ROFLCURBSTOMP

That's not exactly true. Death needs to have sufficient energy to use and maintain that form. In the scenes he only uses it very briefly, and the comics have shown that Death's pool of magic is not infinite. The wound he received by Black Mercy proved this as it took all of his power to simply not die when he was shot with it, and it took from Azrael pulling distraction duty long enough for Death to summon enough strength to kill Hadrimon.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: All top gods stats were higher than kratos yet he still beat them.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: So, you admit that Kratos swinging his fastest weapon is still slower than Death swinging his normal weapons? That's the only point I was trying to get across.

Damage soak, durability. Whatever you want to call it, I just can't picture Kratos doing anything worse to Death than stabbing him clean through the chest. Death is still fast and agile enough to avoid any lethal attacks, and can "damage soak" anything else.

Even when shot with something that can kill ANYTHING, Death still made it through. If Kratos got shot by that, he would have dropped like a sack of potatos.

And for the record, while Death may not be abstract, he does have a decent control over life and death. This is evident by the fact that he can bring people back from the dead to fight for him, and can even bring back his brother War.

While he's pool of magic may not be "infinite", it is extremely large. He's able to transform in basically every battle he goes through, and stays in the form for the amount of time it takes to completely demolish whatever he's up against. So saying that he only uses it "briefly" is rather irrelevant, since that's all the time he needs when he assumes that form.

Jmarshmallow

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow:

So, you admit that Kratos swinging his fastest weapon is still slower than Death swinging his normal weapons? That's the only point I was trying to get across.

Kratos' chain-swords and Death's scythes are both their Normal Weapons. And I'd say Kratos' fastest weapon was the Chain Whip he got from Hephaestus, which is similar to the Blades of Exile, except they did less damage. And the difference in their attack speeds isn't that significant. The only real difference is that Death can form one larger weapon with his scythes as opposed to Kratos who has to pull out a different weapon entirely.

Damage soak, durability. Whatever you want to call it, I just can't picture Kratos doing anything worse to Death than stabbing him clean through the chest. Death is still fast and agile enough to avoid any lethal attacks, and can "damage soak" anything else.

Except maybe having his head torn off by Kratos. Like he did to Euryales and Helios. Of course that comes down to actually grappling with Death.

Even when shot with something that can kill ANYTHING, Death still made it through. If Kratos got shot by that, he would have dropped like a sack of potatos.

That's debatable. While it says it can kill anything, there is little proof that Black Mercy actually could. It's not used outside of the AV book and it didn't kill anyone really significant, and failed to kill Death, who was still bound by the Seals at that time (Abomination Vault is 1000yrs prior to the Apocalypse). So I would actually have to say that those with significant power and/or resistance can resist the Black Mercy's effects.

And for the record, while Death may not be abstract, he does have a decent control over life and death. This is evident by the fact that he can bring people back from the dead to fight for him, and can even bring back his brother War.

He's a Necromancer. Which is openly stated. And he can't simply resurrect people at will. It required specific elements for him to revive War, which included impaling himself with Chaoseater and allowing the blade to drain him to provide enough of a life force to revive War. Without that, War would've remained dead.

While he's pool of magic may not be "infinite", it is extremely large. He's able to transform in basically every battle he goes through, and stays in the form for the amount of time it takes to completely demolish whatever he's up against. So saying that he only uses it "briefly" is rather irrelevant, since that's all the time he needs when he assumes that form.

And that has generally been against foes that aren't in the same weight division as Kratos most of the time. While Kratos can't transform he still has the Rage of the Titans which amplifies his strength and power. Death's Reaper Form he only uses as a Finishing Move in each of his battles. The longest he's been in that form in scene is about 10sec.

Anal_Vomit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um, Death wins.

I don't see Kratos touching him.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By isaac_clarke

@reikai said:

@isaac_clarke: Seemed to me like a part of Olympus itself split open and that's what Kratos fell through. According to the game story Olympus itself had risen and was built up from the Underworld. So it would make sense that if Kratos fell from Olympus he'd end up at the base of it in the underworld.

Besides, how the Blade of Olympus stayed with him can be chopped up to magic. Hell in the final fight with Zeus when his dark spirit came out and started wrangling Kratos, all of his damn weapons and gear just fell off him and was seen littered about.

At like 8:55in

Then we've got two different view points on that event. For me him dying seems so much more practical in terms of how he got there and that's really all I can say about that.

Zeus shot him with his nudity lightning. Second only to his thunder-bolt - but used far more often. The fact Kratos was wearing anything after that is a testament to his power.

Syntherien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

death is nigh invulnerable (words from strife to war when war shoved his sword through death's chest while death was like "did you poke me?"). He also CANNOT die, he'd be resurected near instantly, also, at the end of DS2, the seals restricting his power are all destroyed, which gives him limitless power in which he can destroy anything he wanted to.

OH, and Kratos, he can't resurect. You kratos lovers say he'd crawl through hell, when actually the gods had to help him escape.

Nylz_Ber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Nylz_Ber

@reikai: strength is useless if you can't hit something......

Precision > Strength......

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really can't see Kratos loosing to Death, or to any other Darksider.

Kirinkakate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like who ever is stating Deaths invulnerability is forgetting the fact of War being at (in physical strength) strongest when he impales death for the main reason he ravaged an entire planet with chaos eater making him even more powerful overall love both games but Death had this fight in the bag without even having to debate it.

Kirinkakate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_wspanialy: well if u consider the fact that in the games r not at their peak and Fury the sister she Isn considerably the weakest of all the horsemen in most ways. Although she still destroyed the charred counsel