KotoR team vs. Vitiate

Caseiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

When Revan and Exile prepare to face the Sith Emperor, they receive unbelievable reinforcements. Their friends and students have found them and arrived on Dromund Kaas to help them like the old family they were in the games.

Team KotoR:

• Revan
  • Meetra Surik/Exile
  • Jolee Bindo
  • Bastila Shan
  • Visas Marr
  • Juhani
  • Atton Rand
  • Disciple
  • Canderous Ordo
  • Scourge

Their opponent:

• Vitiate
  • 5 Imperial guards

Together they charge the throne room in an epic scene.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No idea. Haven't beaten KotOR 1 and haven't played the sequel.

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Team 1 I think

Avatar image for maninthemountain
ManInTheMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1 imperial guard solos

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShootingNova

Most of team 1 is fodder. There's plenty of ways the fight could go, but it could be disastrous if Revan, the Exile and Scourge attempt to duel the Imperial Guards again, because then Vitiate would just slaughter the others.

The novel made it clear that the Exile, Revan and Scourge together had a chance of victory, but to be fair, it was also a dumbed-down version of the Exile. With the version from KotOR II, the three should have an equal chance of beating Vitiate as Vitiate would beat them.

However, I don't know whether that fight would be faster or the Guards versus the others. Some of the other fighters lack showings and are unlikely to beat the Guards, or at least it will take them a very long time. The parties are weaker, but have an edge in number, and if supported by Bastila's Battle Meditation (which also weakens the Guards, empowers the Exile, Revan and Scourge and possibly slightly weakens Vitiate), which would allow the parties to beat the Guards, and probably slightly increases the chance of the Exile, Revan and Scourge beating Vitiate, so I would give it to the team in that scenario.

cmcmcmcm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of team 1 is fodder. There's plenty of ways the fight could go, but it could be disastrous if Revan, the Exile and Scourge attempt to duel the Imperial Guards again, because then Vitiate would just slaughter the others.

The novel made it clear that the Exile, Revan and Scourge together had a chance of victory, but to be fair, it was also a dumbed-down version of the Exile. With the version from KotOR II, the three should have an equal chance of beating Vitiate as Vitiate would beat them.

However, I don't know whether that fight would be faster or the Guards versus the others. Some of the other fighters lack showings and are unlikely to beat the Guards, or at least it will take them a very long time. The parties are weaker, but have an edge in number, and if supported by Bastila's Battle Meditation (which also weakens the Guards, empowers the Exile, Revan and Scourge and possibly slightly weakens Vitiate), which would allow the parties to beat the Guards, and probably slightly increases the chance of the Exile, Revan and Scourge beating Vitiate, so I would give it to the team in that scenario.

I never read the novel, nor plan to, but I heard the Exile was represented pretty terrible in it unlike the game itself had. What happen that made her so terrible?

JKBart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It should go pretty much like that. As the OP attaches some story-background to it (and this time it actually makes sense), it seems reasonable to believe all of them are in character. Bastila's Battle Meditation is something within her morals and she was trying to resort it many times, not to mention it's her primary, prodigious talent, and she is of no use as just another saber within a battle with so many people.

With Battle Meditation, Canderous would probably benefit his team greatly. It's pretty obvious that it's extremely difficult to defend against melee and ranged attacks at once, and here Canderous could coordinate himself with the others much better. Nobody here sans Revan, and in some parts Exile and Scourge, belong to the class of those ridiculously fast Jedi, so Canderous shouldn't be left at much of a disadvantage. He also has obvious experience in dealing with saberists, while Imperial Guards have no Jedi precognition and their defense against blaster bolts is obviously inferior, even if they're capable of impressive dodging and closing the distance fast. Atton has experience dealing with Force Sensitives, and it might be useful here, as the Imperial Guard fights fight in close quarters with melee weapons, and are incredibly skilled in that, aided by the Force (from Vitiate, I mean), etc - and he too has some unorthodox methods under his belt. It's 6 vs. 5, with Bastila as the seventh with her Battle Meditation. I really believe that KotOR team has that fight. Bastila should also have the effect on Revan, Exile and Scourge. Have you thought about the Force bond between Revan and Bastila? It seems likely that it would make Bastila's aid even more significant for the fight between Vitiate and the rest.

I'm not sure which fight would be resolved faster. Vitiate and Revan fought insanely fast, but Kapryshyn's Exile and Scourge managed to defeat their opponents within that time too, worth noting.

Simpler thing I have to add is that we should include that it's a Dark Side nexus. The fight takes place in Dromund Kaas obviously.

JKBart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmcmcmcm: Her specific Force connection as a wound in the Force is never mentioned, implied, and she seems average Force user.

Her travels between KotOR II and TOR: Revan are described as "fighting Traya and her fallen Jedi", or something like that.

Almost none of her abilities regarding the Force are mentioned and she is stomped by Darth Nyriss, who is implied to be more powerful than her, before Nyriss is turned to ash by Revan, implying her incredible inferiority. With all her sensory ability and unique connection to the Force, she is stabbed in the back by Scourge (contemplating his eventual betrayal and being heavily uncertain before) and killed instantly.

Her character is so completely average and randomized she seems like "Jedi #1921 of common past with Revan". She's kinda Revan sidekick and her role in the Mandalorian Wars is shallowed utterly. Other characters from KotOR II are like nonexisting and gone, and the rebuilding Jedi Order "is there", and that's all.

Literally, anything that could be messed up, was messed up. I liked the novel itself, I like Drew's writing style, I really like characters he creates, the sceneries he choses and the way he describes everything, but as someone who literally loved KotOR II and believes this game to be the source of most beautiful characters ever existing... I was so, so sad.

cmcmcmcm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jkbart said:

@cmcmcmcm: Her specific Force connection as a wound in the Force is never mentioned, implied, and she seems average Force user.

Her travels between KotOR II and TOR: Revan are described as "fighting Traya and her fallen Jedi", or something like that.

Almost none of her abilities regarding the Force are mentioned and she is stomped by Darth Nyriss, who is implied to be more powerful than her, before Nyriss is turned to ash by Revan, implying her incredible inferiority. With all her sensory ability and unique connection to the Force, she is stabbed in the back by Scourge (contemplating his eventual betrayal and being heavily uncertain before) and killed instantly.

Her character is so completely average and randomized she seems like "Jedi #1921 of common past with Revan". She's kinda Revan sidekick and her role in the Mandalorian Wars is shallowed utterly. Other characters from KotOR II are like nonexisting and gone, and the rebuilding Jedi Order "is there", and that's all.

Literally, anything that could be messed up, was messed up. I liked the novel itself, I like Drew's writing style, I really like characters he creates, the sceneries he choses and the way he describes everything, but as someone who literally loved KotOR II and believes this game to be the source of most beautiful characters ever existing... I was so, so sad.

Wow, character assassination at its finest.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jkbart: Well the point of the book wasn't Meetra. It was Revan. It was just to connect the events of KotoR and SWTOR. Karpyshyn had already said before that he wasn't going to really go into the events of the previous games because we already knew those stories.

KotoR2 was decent. Drew didn't have a part in writing it and it was done by a different studio. Nvm that half the game was pretty much dedicated to talking about how great Revan was and how the Exile had pretty much just been his follower, and the only reason she returned to the Jedi Council for punishment was because she'd already lost her connection to the Force over Malichor 5 and had basically given up on being a Jedi ever again.

Yes, she became a Jedi again with a unique status as a Force Wound. But still half the game talked about was Revan and how great he was and, hell, you put HK-47 back together just so he could talk about Revan some more. The entire thing was about chasing Revan's coattails and even the very end of it was just her going off in search of him. It's no wonder she was being portrayed as inferior to him, because the whole game pretty much said so.

Yes, her status and Visas Marr's help allowed her to beat Nihilus who was basically a Force Ghost in a suit of armor who could consume the life of planets. That in itself doesn't make her better than Revan. She's like Anakin or Luke or Darth Bane or anyone else of that nature, who was given a specific job to do with their status and once that job was done, they weren't so much important anymore.

Bane was the Sith'ari and after effectively destroying the Sith (Kaan's Brotherhood) and recreating it under the Rule of Two, his purpose was over and done with and he is later killed and replaced by Zannah. Anakin's purpose as "The Chosen One" was to bring balance to the Force, which he finally accomplishes after chucking Sid down an energy shaft, upon which Vader dies. Luke was just to recreate the Jedi Order and keep picking off Palpatine because they couldn't think of any other villain to use.

Meetra was to save the Jedi by beating the Sith Triumverate. She accomplished that and thus her major role was over. No one denies that Revan probably should've been killed off before SWTOR. Regardless, the end of "Shadow of Revan" was satisfying and enjoyable.

JKBart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: I don't think that the Exile playing a role even smaller than she did would be considered disgraceful to her character or KotOR II. Her death wouldn't, her role being smaller wouldn't, or even her person omitted from the story wouldn't - of course speaking about myself and a generally similiar viewpoint as mine, I guess.

The fact that her story itself "ended" wasn't anything I took as the bad thing about the novel, and it has nothing to do with how the end itself was conducted, and, the most important - how the character was depicted.

The way she was handled in the book was quite simply really poor. For the character's story to end, and place for new heroes created, you don't have to downplay the character. Here the Exile was downplayed. Character's abilities don't have to be proven useless and ultimately non-existing in order for hero to fall.

Here it was exactly like that way. Meetra lacked a purpose there, lacked insight and lacked anything you would describe as any sort of charisma or strength of character. Not what would you expect from a character who was facing all the dillemas throughout KotOR II story, who looked for answers regarding a completely unknown threat without a clue, and who was a natural leader all the time. That's not how you seal the fate of a character, that's not how you present the awesomeness of the new hero or the old protagonist, and that's not how you make another character shining. If Revan is to be even more charismatic, more insightful, more strong-willed - fine. But you don't do it by dumbing the other character in order to make another one look better. If a Master is to be a real source of wisdom shining with willpower compared to the best of his students, then the worst way of presenting that is to make those excellent students mentally slow dummies. If a mastermind is to have the most brilliant mind ever, then you don't make him that brilliant by making his supposedly educated and brilliant villains look like random high school students. Meetra can look like a Padawan compared to Revan, I'm okay with that - but not when she looks like a Padawan herself, without any comparison. And that's how Meetra was described here.

If she would stay at the known galaxy and guide the rebuilt Order's first steps, forever oblivious about Revan's fate, I would be fine with that. If she would die completely other way and be tragically forgotten forever - I would be fine with that as well. Make her die, make her be forgotten, humiliate her how much you like, but let it be consistent with what she was capable of. Throwing all her abilities to the junk wasn't really a good option.

I also really can't agree with you on how you believe Revan to be the half of KotOR II story, when it was all about the shadowy threat from the Sith Triumvirate and the unknown state of the Force, and Exile travelling to find out what happened to herself and the galaxy. Revan appeared within those "searches" only as the obvious participant of the Mandalorian Wars and the battle at Malachor V, as the war and Malachor, and the fate of the Exile afterwards, were where it began. Revan was there, of course, as the key figure of the war, but that's all. The rest you can find about Revan is from Kreia, obviously HK-47 and T3 because of their origin, part of Atton's backstory and a marginal one of the Handmaiden. It hardly makes Revan any main point of the plot - rather of the past stories of them both originated from.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jkbart said:

It should go pretty much like that. As the OP attaches some story-background to it (and this time it actually makes sense), it seems reasonable to believe all of them are in character. Bastila's Battle Meditation is something within her morals and she was trying to resort it many times, not to mention it's her primary, prodigious talent, and she is of no use as just another saber within a battle with so many people.

With Battle Meditation, Canderous would probably benefit his team greatly. It's pretty obvious that it's extremely difficult to defend against melee and ranged attacks at once, and here Canderous could coordinate himself with the others much better. Nobody here sans Revan, and in some parts Exile and Scourge, belong to the class of those ridiculously fast Jedi, so Canderous shouldn't be left at much of a disadvantage. He also has obvious experience in dealing with saberists, while Imperial Guards have no Jedi precognition and their defense against blaster bolts is obviously inferior, even if they're capable of impressive dodging and closing the distance fast. Atton has experience dealing with Force Sensitives, and it might be useful here, as the Imperial Guard fights fight in close quarters with melee weapons, and are incredibly skilled in that, aided by the Force (from Vitiate, I mean), etc - and he too has some unorthodox methods under his belt. It's 6 vs. 5, with Bastila as the seventh with her Battle Meditation. I really believe that KotOR team has that fight. Bastila should also have the effect on Revan, Exile and Scourge. Have you thought about the Force bond between Revan and Bastila? It seems likely that it would make Bastila's aid even more significant for the fight between Vitiate and the rest.

I'm not sure which fight would be resolved faster. Vitiate and Revan fought insanely fast, but Kapryshyn's Exile and Scourge managed to defeat their opponents within that time too, worth noting.

Simpler thing I have to add is that we should include that it's a Dark Side nexus. The fight takes place in Dromund Kaas obviously.

1. I agree.

2. Atton is useful, and so is Canderous (tactically and strategically, at least), but Force bonds are double-edged swords. The Exile does have a Force Bond with each member of her party as well, and that is an issue because if any of them die, there would be a backlash effect.

3. Yes, I agree. I doubt Revan would be affected, though, and the Exile probably wouldn't be. Scourge would obviously be more powerful.

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rexorr

Revan, Meetra and Scourge take on Vitiate, the rest take care of the guards. If they fail at that, Team 1 fails and Team 2 swins.