no moral

extreme bloodlust

#2 Posted by superdoom (239 posts) - - Show Bio

korvac stomps

#3 Posted by I_am_Warlock (289 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by superdoom (239 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by Killemall (18292 posts) - - Show Bio

why not?

I know this is not directed towards me, but its hard to say Korvac stomp anyone on this level really. Granted he was created to be really power he has done very little.

At least one of the bio calls him "easily equal to Odin and Zeus", so perhaps he operates at the same level as Surtur, who specially with the twilight sword is superior to both Odin and Zeus.

Make of that what you will.

The most powerful foe Kovac has faced, in canon continuity and not including What If, is The Collector whom he killed with 1 shot. Apart from that he has been matched against Avengers, Gotg, Fantastic Four and Avengers Academy, the last of whom actually defeated him.

The only real, without a plot defeat against Korvac came in the hands of Red Skull, but that doesnt tell us much coz we knew Red Skull at the time was more powerful than him anyways.

So yeah that my tid bit with Korvac, a character marvel has no idea what to do with, and they keep going back an forth at his Korvac incarnation to Michael incarnation.

#6 Edited by cosmic_reign (341 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall:

well said and i totally agree....BUT @ full power, Korvac stomps...(of course if we include his "what if" version).

#7 Posted by Killemall (18292 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmic_reign: Its hard to know what full power for Korvac is. And the What If, Korvac became periodically more powerful by absorbing other power beings. He killed Grandmaster and absorbed his powers first, he got Avengers to kill The Gardner and absorb their power, then when abstract entities started moving against him he first killed his own supports the Avengers and absorbed their power. He then absorbed powers from the Celestials. It was only then he was so powerful than he could shield himself and Earth from Living Tribunal wrath.

Its not a normal power up he normally gets. And honestly Marvel has no clue what to do. Marvel Handbook 2004, 2006, Ultimate Guide have 3 very different power rating for Korvac O_o. And then they keep moving here and there in terms of Korvac's power because well he was orginally introduced as half man half robot by Jim Starlin, it was Shooters who changed an evil cyborg into a godlike being whose intentions were noble. Then they retcon his power level, and turned him back to half man half robot with the weirdest retcon possible, and then against introduced him as a man-god Shooters created without any explanation of what happened. There is also a odd period where he looks neither like man-god version (Michael) nor like the cyborg version (Korvac) when he appeared in Captain America vol 3 15-20.

Marvel has no clue what to do with .. so yeah you neither get consistency , nor can you really make a case for certain why Korvac would win against Surtur, nor can you do the other way around, make a definite case for why Korvac would lose. Its just well f*#ked up. LOL

I recently made an entire chronology thread of Korvac and while doing so i kept asking myself the same question...

#8 Posted by cosmic_reign (341 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall:

definately rite about Korvac's power levels being all over the place....

#9 Posted by Hyperlight (5510 posts) - - Show Bio

korvac would probably have power comparable to a cosmic cube... which is higher than the power level of a being like surtur

#10 Posted by cosmic_reign (341 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperlight:

i think i may agree with u....@ least at one point of Korvac's career.

#11 Edited by DWrathborne (290 posts) - - Show Bio

Just to give a small indication of Korvac's abilities, I managed to find some scans of his battle with the Silver Surfer in Avenger's Annual 16.

#12 Posted by Killemall (18292 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperlight:

i think i may agree with u....@ least at one point of Korvac's career.

Korvac has never demonstrated to have power level compared to a cosmic cube, not to mention this is what happened when Korvac was faced against Red Skull who was merged with the cosmic cube.

Just in case you were interested, marvel handbook 2006 collaborates the incident

While Korvac by the virtue of being a pure energy being did eventually recovered, its pretty difficult to suggest he is anywhere close to up there with the power of a cosmic cube.

Further in the Captain America appearence he made it perfectly clear how outmatched he was against Red Skull (then merged with the cosmic cube)

"But even i dare not face him (Red skull with cosmic cube) for fear of instant death".

#13 Posted by Killemall (18292 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by DWrathborne (290 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: I tip my hat to you. You definitely have my meager offering beat. :)

#15 Edited by Killemall (18292 posts) - - Show Bio

@dwrathborne: Thank you, i am a huge fan of both Korvac and Surtur, i have read virtually every issues on them and made a chronology thread for both. :)

Comicvine is like the only place people wont say, mate you gotta get a life and stop being a massive nerd , when i say that :p

#16 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4696 posts) - - Show Bio

Korvac maybe.

#17 Posted by cosmic_reign (341 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall:

i get and can dig ur arguments...but op says both @ full power. So i would assume that this includes any incarnation of Korvac. Yes Korvac was outmatched by the Red Skull. on the flip side, LT had to seal off Korvac's universe so his threat doesnt spread thru-out the multiverse.

#18 Edited by Killemall (18292 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmic_reign: I understand what you are saying, although i diagree. You are using an alternate reality Korvac as opposed to the mainstream version, which is the one that is mean to be in a battle thread, unless stated otherwise. Furthermore, Korvac only got that powerful after having absorbed powers from various other beings, a power which never belong to him, including: The Gardner, Avengers, Celestials, everyone on Earth, Carnilla etc. Its not really his own power.

The way i see it you are using an amped up alternate version of Korvac rather than what you should be using, which is the normal Michael version of Korvac from the mainstream reality.

#19 Posted by cosmic_reign (341 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall:

okay...gotcha!!! with own powers @ peak is absolutely nothing compared to his amped

counterpart. But if op isnt specific, u should include all incarnations of the combatants. in this case....Korvac stomps

#20 Edited by Killemall (18292 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmic_reign said:

@killemall:

okay...gotcha!!! with own powers @ peak is absolutely nothing compared to his amped counterpart.

Yep. That particular What If, showed Korvac leagues and bound beyond what he has shown or even hinted to operate at, so reasonable to assume most of that was because of the fact that he was amped up, and most of it is because marvel writer are a lot more laxed about giving feats in a non canon encounter.

Impossible Man having created his own world with Living Tribunal in it comes to mind..

But if op isnt specific, u should include all incarnations of the combatants. in this case....Korvac stomps

Well we actually have a battle forum rule that says, unless otherwise stated its the mainstream version.

Furthermore, the scan in the OP is of Mainstream version of Korvac. Its from Avengers Finale # 1, posted without the dialogues. Here is the orginal scan from the comics if you are interested.

But yeah if we can use the What IF version Korvac stomps with ease.

#21 Posted by cosmic_reign (341 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio

I will take Surtur

With the Twilight Sword, I think the Big Fire Demon can overpower Korvac in a Great Battle.

#24 Posted by kelvinator (326 posts) - - Show Bio

bump