• 98 results
Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1

In this gauntlet, the new Team Avatar from Legend of Korra will be tested by different opponents and challenges the Gaang faced. There are 2 stages, one with Korra and one without Korra

Stage 1: Korra has been captured, and the rest of Team Avatar must get past several of the Gaang's opponents to rescue her

Round 1:

Bolin vs Zhao

Mako vs Season 1 Zuko

Asami vs Jet

Combatants can go help their allies once their own battles are finished

Round 2:

Mako, Bolin, and Asami vs Huu (in the swamp)

Round 3:

Mako, Bolin, and Asami vs Azula, Mai, and Ty Lee

(Korra is trapped in Omashu like Bumi was, Team Avatar must escape Azula and co. with her while she is trapped, they don't need to beat them)

Stage 2: Team Avatar has rescued Korra, but they have several more challenges to face

Korra can bend all 4 elements but cannot use the Avatar State

Round 4:

Team Avatar vs Long Feng and the Dai Li

(same scenario as under Lake Laogai)

Round 5:

Team Avatar vs The Earth King's palace

(Team Avatar must invade the palace like the Gaang did)

Round 6:

Mako and Korra vs Zuko (season 2) and Azula

AND

Bolin and Asami vs Mai and Ty Lee

(2 separate fights)

Round 7:

Team Avatar vs Azula, Zuko (season 2), and the Dai Li (the Dai Li that came to help in the Crystal Catacombs)

This is my first try at a more detailed, story-like battle, so if there's anything I can do to make it clearer please tell me

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z___: How far do you think they get?

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Some are too close for me to call so I'll have to wait & think a bit more for me to post.

Z'

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 LoK.

Round 2 If Huu gets his plant armor he stomps them. Literally. He was smashing apart tanks for God's sake.

Round 3 ATLA.

Round 4 Long Feng either headshots some mofo's or Korra the MVP in a stomp. Probably LoK.

Round 5 Meh, let's say LoK.

Round 6 If Zuko gets his swords then they take it. If not, it's a toss up. Ty Lee solos.

Round 7 Toss up.

Most of the rounds including Korra and Azula basically boil down to Lightning vs Avatar state. Also, Zuko and Azula teamwork makes Azula's lightning incredibly difficult to dodge. (Azula charges and fires... at Zuko who redirects to the dodging opponent's surprise.)

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Stop at Huu. Having no waterbender in an environment filled with the stuff is a pretty big disadvantage and there's not much earth for Bolin to use. If Mako decides to use his lightning then they stop hard at Azula's crew instead.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm...interesting. I will be back

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Arcus1

@boringperson: You don't think lightning could be a problem for Huu?

Remember, they don't have to beat Azula's crew, they just have to escape

No swords for Zuko

Remember there's no avatar state

@juiceboks: how would Huu deal with lightning?

You don't think they could escape Azula on the slides, even with Bolin's earthbending?

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Team avatar

Round 2: ehhhh, i think huu can take this. theoretically, if there was any earth, bolin could turn it into lava, but if not, then i cant see them wining without help

Round 3: This will be very tough. The only way i see team avatar wining is to have bolin turn all of the earth into lava. This wouldnt kill the other team (seeing as how tai lee is a master acrobat, she could get around, and im sure azula could too). mako would have to be the one to break korra out because he can cut through metal with his fire. Once korra is free, then they should win

Round 4: another tough one, but again, lava bending is the trump card here. The dai lee couldnt handle Zhaeer and his group, and their earth hands wont work against bolin. mako and asami would probably go down, but i think korra and bolin can hold their own.

Round 5: Another tough one. The main reason Gaang managed to make it in was because toph got them up the steps. i dont think bolin could do this. It would be a tough fight, but im thinking a fully realized korra (even with no avatar state) could take out the guards

Round 6: Zuko season 2 wasnt as impressive as season 3. I think mako can beat him and azula will go down to korra and mako.

bolin and asami would have a hard time with may and tai lee. tai lee is much faster than asami, so she could probably incapacitate her. again, only way for them to win is mega lava bending.

Round 7: This final fight would be very cool to watch. lava bending could probably take out most of the dai lee, but honestly, im not sure if they can win this. i still see zuko getting taken down by mako. asami probably gets taken out by the dai lee and azula takes out bolin. honestly, i think they lose here, or they just barely manage to squeeze by

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofzero: Remember, they don't actually have to win round 3, they just have to escape, they can't free Korra until they escape. There's the slides I was thinking Bolin could use

There is earth in the swamp, it's just under the water, but still should be bendable

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

How are they stopping at Azula's team? Mai is dead weight, the team are aware of Ty Lee's Chi-Blocking attacks, and once people gain knowledge of that, she becomes far less effective. The only real threat is Azula and there is a good chance Mako can solo her TBH.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: I don't see Mako soloing Azula, but since all they need to do is escape I was thinking Bolin could help them escape on the slides

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Z___
@arcus said:

Round 1:

Bolin vs Zhao ( will put up a fight. )

Mako vs Season 1 Zuko ( has no lightning projection or redirection. He also had no control. )

Asami vs Jet

1 on 1, Asami looses. LoK takes this, the majority of their members win.

@arcus said:

Round 2:

Huu slaughters. Bolin needs more time for lava-bending to make a difference.

Huu had insane durability, strength, speed.. Well, hell, everything. And it takes place in the swamp. He's not loosing.

@arcus said:

Round 3:

(Korra is trapped in Omashu like Bumi was, Team Avatar must escape Azula and co. with her while she is trapped, they don't need to beat them)

This healthy-mind Azula could take out Mako & Bolin.

Asami is a quick job for Mai & Ty Lee together.

@arcus said:

Round 4:

Round 5:

Round 6:

Mako and Korra vs Zuko (season 2) and Azula -- Toss-up. If this is sane Azula, it tilts in her favor barely.

AND

Round 7:

Team Avatar vs Azula, Zuko (season 2), and the Dai Li (the Dai Li that came to help in the Crystal Catacombs) -- Toss-up. But I think the Dai Li, Azula & Zuko is too much. But the writers ( if they had to write an episode like this) would not allow it. Unless team Avatar has a second chance.

Z'

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z___: How's Huu going to handle lightning?

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll comment on individual rounds. R6: Korra and Mako take out Azula and Zuko, rather handily, dare I say. They have three things going for them: use of the 4 elements, metal bending, and lightning redirection.

Bolin could potentially (emphasis on potentially) solo Ty Lee and Mai if he stays on his feet and does large scale lava bending. Remember, he has experience fighting chi blockers.

R7: Team Avatar if Bolin does large scale lava bending and Mako spams lightning.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: I don't see metalbending being much of a factor since there's no metal in the catacombs

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: IIRC they wear metal items. Korra could potentially bend the metal over their faces or their hands to distract or disrupt them.

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Good question!

Practically, I don't really know. I'll say he could either dodge it, tank it (-- maybe not, since he's full of H2O) or get lucky enough to finish or even BFR Mako before that can happen. I'll have to research what he can do too ('cept YouTube doesn't have any of his feats sadly)~

Z'

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z___: search for Aang and Katara vs swamp, there's at least one video up there. I don't see him dodging it

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Stage 1: Korra has been captured, and the rest of Team Avatar must get past several of the Gaang's opponents to rescue her

Round 1:

Bolin vs Zhao

Mako vs Season 1 Zuko

Asami vs Jet

Round 2:

Round 3:

Stage 2: Team Avatar has rescued Korra, but they have several more challenges to face

Round 4:

Round 5:

Round 6:

AND

(2 separate fights)

Round 7:

Team Avatar vs Azula, Zuko (season 2), and the Dai Li (the Dai Li that came to help in the Crystal Catacombs

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Thanks man~ I'll try searching it up and update you with what I think.

Z'

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z___: ok, let me know if you can't find it

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@norrinboltagonprime21: what do you think gives Zuko and Azula the edge over Mako and Korra?

I do believe that Mako and Bolin could get a solid majority over Azula due to their teamwork in fighting, but when they are separate, they aren't as impressive. IMO, Mako could get a slight majority over Zuko while Bolin would struggle against Zuko. Either brother alone would lose to Azula.

And I probably should have asked about this earlier but does Asami have her electric glove? If she doesn't it changes some of the outcomes of the fight.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peeps be underestimating the headshot powers of Long Feng and harshly overestimating Bolin's willingness to charbroil human beings alive with lava.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop at Huu. Having no waterbender in an environment filled with the stuff is a pretty big disadvantage and there's not much earth for Bolin to use. If Mako decides to use his lightning then they stop hard at Azula's crew instead.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Round 1:

Bolin vs Zhao

Mako vs Season 1 Zuko

Asami vs Jet

Round 2:

Round 3:

Round 4:

Round 5:

Round 6:

AND

(2 separate fights)

Round 7:

Team Avatar vs Azula, Zuko (season 2), and the Dai Li (the Dai Li that came to help in the Crystal Catacombs)

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Arcus1
Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Why do you think they lose the last round?

@z___: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7ro-Uk4YwIc

Here's the fight with Huu

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Yeah man! Found it yesterday, thanks again.

As you can see he's virtually indestructible and can regenerate. Team avatar looses that round. Their only hope is that Mako lasts long enough to not get BFR'd or KO'd and execute his lightning bending.

I say Huu takes it more times than not. He takes it 10/10 without Mako's lightning coming into play. With, Huu still takes it 7.5/10.

Z'

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z___: yeah, I'm pretty sure lightning's their only real chance, but if Mako uses it it should take Huu out, cause of all the water

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Z___

@arcus: Precisely.

( I don't know how much plants conduct electricity, but if Huu was on land instead, it could be different. )

Z'

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z___: I was figuring the plants would be wet

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Z___

@arcus: Yup. I think he'll still get shocked even if he's dry.

Z'

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Clear

space4rentt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I know Bolin can lava bend, but does it ever show him actually creating lava from rock? I remember him stopping the lava that flowed in the tunnel and cooling it to rock. Then later when he was fighting Ghazan and Ghazan made lava then Bolin threw two streams of it back at him.

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@space4rentt: Don't think he's that down to earth yet. So far he can bring it from underground ( difficulty is variable depending on the location) and control it in fair amounts.

Z'

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@space4rentt: It looked like he made his own lava once in that fight, but it wasn't perfectly clear

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team LOK definitely have the capacity to clear this.

Round 1:

Bolin vs Zhao - Bolin stomps. Zhao was a joke.

Mako vs Season 1 Zuko - Mako stomps. Season 1 Zuko had a hard time with Zhao and lost against Aang every single time. Often in humiliating ways.

Asami vs Jet - Asami catches Jet's hook sword with her lightning glove and fries him.

Round 2:

Mako, Bolin, and Asami vs Huu (in the swamp) - Tough fight since Huu was pretty impressive. However he's completely wrapped up in soaking wet plant matter. Asami's lightning glove or Mako's lightning could take him out, and Bolin should be able to make an earh column to separate the team from the water so they don't get shocked as well.

Round 3:

Mako, Bolin, and Asami vs Azula, Mai, and Ty Lee - Mai wasn't especially impressive to me, honestly. Her daggers certainly aren't comparable to either Mako or Bolin's ranged attacks and will be completely neutralized by Bolin's earth walls. Hand to hand Asami would easily win with her lightning glove. Ty Lee is only dangerous if she has the element of surprise. Everyone on team LOK here is fully aware of chi blocking and have ample experience dealing with it. Ty Lee also has no answer for Asami's lightning glove. It makes matters even worse if Azula decides to start using lightning as Mako can just redirect it to instantly take her out or one of her teammates. Azula is the only big threat here, but I still see Mako and Bolin being able to take her on and provide Asami with enough cover fire to let her take out Mai and Ty Lee.

Round 4:

Team Avatar vs Long Feng and the Dai Li - Just like the Gaang, Team LOK are exceptional at running away from dangerous situations. Bolin's lavabending becomes an MVP here as he can pretty easily block off their escape with lava that the Dai Lee can't really deal with, and aside from that we've seen LOK take on Dai Lee agents in the past.

Round 5:

Team Avatar vs The Earth King's palace - Earth King's palace was just a swarm of mooks. Honestly that was one of my least favorite scenes in the entire series. A small gang of even the most elite benders shouldn't be able to casually invade the most heavily defended location in the Earth Kingdom.

Round 6:

Mako and Korra vs Zuko (season 2) and Azula - This one is pretty tough. Ultimately though, Mako can at least hold out against Azula for a while. Korra would beat season 2 Zuko fairly quickly given she is all around a more aggressive, fully realized avatar than Aang was at the time. Korra has four elements under her belt to Aang's three, is stronger and more athletic than Aang, and has a more offensive fighting style that could match Zuko's own ferocity. Not to mention the value of being a master firebender when fighting another firebender, a luxury Aang didn't have.

AND

Bolin and Asami vs Mai and Ty Lee - Already explained this victory above. Just subtract Mako and Azula from the equation. Bolin would steamroll Mai and Asami could handle Ty Lee with superior technology and extensive knowledge of how to fight Chi Blockers.

Round 7:

Team Avatar vs Azula, Zuko (season 2), and the Dai Li (the Dai Li that came to help in the Crystal Catacombs) - This one I'm on the fence about. Azula and Zuko would definitely lose to Korra, Bolin, and Mako in a bending duel. Asami makes it even more one sided. However there's five Dai Li, I believe? Those guys work extremely well as a unit, and their stealthy earthbending gauntlet style is pretty difficult to deal with when you're already fighting strong opponents. However I think Korra's avatar powers outweigh the value of the Dai Lee, and the Bolin/Mako duo is hard to beat. Korra and Asami can likely take down the Dai Lee before Azula and Zuko take down Bolin and Mako, so my vote goes to Team LOK.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: You didn't like the palace invasion? I loved that scene

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

It's not that it's a bad scene, I'm just really into things like warfare and strategy games and when I see something like that it kind of breaks my suspension of disbelief. I could handle the kids taking out small groups of trained soldiers since Aang is the avatar and the kids are suppose to be prodigies, but a super defended highly militarized location like the Earth Kingdom's palace? Those guards should've been some of the best benders the city could produce if their purpose was to guard someone that was described as "A god to his people". Not to mention there should've been hundreds of them. And the Gaang didn't even break a sweat getting in. They even had time to crack jokes because the Earth King's Palace defenses were so laughably easy to take down for a group of kids.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: That's true, I guess I enjoyed seeing how far the Gaang had come from Season 1

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DeathHero61

@arcus said:

In this gauntlet, the new Team Avatar from Legend of Korra will be tested by different opponents and challenges the Gaang faced. There are 2 stages, one with Korra and one without Korra

Round 1:

Bolin vs Zhao

Mako vs Season 1 Zuko

Asami vs Jet

Round 2:

Round 3:

Round 4:

Round 5:

Round 6:

AND

(2 separate fights)

Round 7:

This is my first try at a more detailed, story-like battle, so if there's anything I can do to make it clearer please tell me

Round 1. Team Bolin probably. Zuko was skilled and powerful but we didn't get to see his better showings until season 2 and 3. If zuko can get in close he can end it, otherwise, mako takes it. Zhao despite his rank and skill he doesn't have enough showings for me to argue for him. Bolin takes it with ease. Asami was skilled i will admit but jet took on benders himself easily the only ones he lost to is those of team avatar. And thats impressive in his own right. I personally believe he has far more experience. And depending on the location he may stomp. In the trees? He takes the majority due to agility, flat battlefield? He wins but with more difficulty.

Round 2.

Huu takes it with ease. Earthbending is nearly useless in a swamp. Asami cannot do much. And neither could mako.

Round 3.(if they somehow pass 2)

They won't survive if they direct azula and her team directly IMO. But if they can take out AT LEAST Mai and Ty Lee, they can easily escape. That is if ty lee doesn't bum rush bolin and mako and take them out with a few swift well placed strikes.

Round 4. I cannot comment on this. I don't remember the scenario of lake laogai.(Unless its the same scenario as the one below in the video)

Otherwise if its a direct confrontation, then they get stomped. Korra isn't that good at earth bending, and Bolin is the only decent earth bender there and i don't believe he is skilled enough to take down agile earthbenders like the Dai Li, like toph effortlessly did while sokka and katara could barely keep up with them IIRC. Mako's pro bending fire style is useless against the dai li.

Loading Video...

Round 5.

Korra's team gets wrecked. I know it sounds like im underrating them but seriously, did you see how aang and toph invaded them? That required high levels of earth bending to counter and dispatch them. Only one there thats really good at earth bending is Bolin. And if korra doesn't get avatar state then she won't have nearly enough firepower to amp up her defenses. Original team avatar only survived because Toph and Aang's level of earth bending. Katara's skillful water bending, and....... Appa i guess? Lol.

Loading Video...

And even if you can show me good showings of korra comparing to this, she barely uses earth bending. She usually spams fire bending or water bending. And recently air bending. Barely touches earthbending.

Round 6.

You already know my stand on zuko and azula against mako and bolin. This battle is slightly different. Korra can POTENTIALLY solo. Believe or not but Korra is on an entirely different level then mako and bolin. Although her level of fire bending is heavily inferior to azula's IMO. She can easily compensate via her recently more developed air bending and her amazing water bending. With mako giving more or less decent back up, korra and mako may as well stomp........

Bolin and Asami vs Mai and Ty lee.

Team two. Bolin doesn't use his earthbending as well as others, especially in close quarters combat. He won't get by with only his pro bending style. I can see Ty lee and Mai taking him out without too much issues. Asami as skilled as she is won't be much trouble.

On the otherhand. If bolin can take at least Ty lee out, his chances of victory go up 100 percent.

Round 7:

IF korra gets taken out first which is possible. Then Team 2 stomps. Otherwise here is my analysis on both teams.

Team Avatar is composed of Korra, Bolin, Asami and Mako. Thats not enough to take on Azula, Zuko AND the Dai Li. At all. Korra could like i said before Korra is a HUGE threat because of the level of her bending and the way she uses her bending, but its hard to say. This round is the most complicated. Without avatar state. Team 2 takes it high difficulty.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@norrinboltagonprime21: Yes, Asami has her glove, forgot to mention that

Also, it's Mako and Korra, not Bolin

Oh, whoops. I think Mako and Korra can get a majority over season 2 Zuko and Azula, as long as there isn't any lightning.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: you don't think lightning could help against Huu?

It's the same scenario as in the video, only no Long Feng running off and no brainwashing

I'll see if I can find any good earthbending showings for Korra, she never struck me as a particularly bad earthbender

Remember Asami has her electric glove if that makes a difference

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21: Lightning is irrelevant because Mako can redirect it and has better control and speed with it then Azula. Korra also has metal bending, earth bending, water bending, air bending, healing, and spiritual purification (which has also been shown to be used to destroy a soul) to offer. Not to mention better durability.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: Has Korra ever actually shown healing? Also, I don't think the spirit bending comes into play here

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21: Lightning is irrelevant because Mako can redirect it and has better control and speed with it then Azula. Korra also has metal bending, earth bending, water bending, air bending, healing, and spiritual purification (which has also been shown to be used to destroy a soul) to offer. Not to mention better durability.

Its relevant to Korra because she hasn't shown the ability to redirect it.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DeathHero61

@arcus said:

@deathhero61: you don't think lightning could help against Huu?

It's the same scenario as in the video, only no Long Feng running off and no brainwashing

I'll see if I can find any good earthbending showings for Korra, she never struck me as a particularly bad earthbender

Remember Asami has her electric glove if that makes a difference

It could. But Huu has home field advantage, i have a feeling he can take them out before mako would think of using lightning

Thats just as bad.

She isn't a bad one, she has some good showing of earthbending in the first or second season. But nothing any other mid level earthbender couldn't do.

She still has to utilize it in close combat. Which Ty Lee would wreck her in. She is probably the most fastest and most agile fighter in Avatar if you ignore certain benders like aang.

Loading Video...